WTF, kno OTT 4 TFN, LOL! -or- Free OTTea Bagging with Entrance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='zewone']I thought laser lens cleaners were bad for videogame systems?[/QUOTE]

I've never heard that. I've done it since PS1 with every disc based console I've owned, and only my 360 has died. But with a 33% failure rate its sorta hard to blame it on a laser lens cleaner.

The only console I've had crap out on me in any way was my first PS2. I got it the first year it was out and after about 3 or 4 years it wouldn't read CD's anymore. Amazingly enough though, the fix for that problem was to flip your PS2 over. Hurray for shotty craftsmanship.

I haven't had a console die on me yet *knock on wood*

Even the PS2 I bought for $15 at a yard sale that's missing a few chunks out of the case and the disc tray cover. (Dude said his dog stepped on it...)

I have heard you should only use a lens cleaner if the player is actually giving you problems as they physically touch the lens and can screw things up. I don't think something like that would cause the 3 rings however.

[quote name='zewone']My Gamecrazy has a used 20GB PS3.

Hmm...$340 isn't too bad. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
Didn't you already have a PS3 at one point?

$340 isn't bad though. If I had money(Not just that much...just money in general:lol:), I'd bite.

It's getting to the point where I'm craving a PS3.

Wubb - You'd be surprised. Maybe you are forgetting we're talking about a 360.

[quote name='Eviltude']Didn't you already have a PS3 at one point?

$340 isn't bad though. If I had money(Not just that much...just money in general:lol:), I'd bite.

It's getting to the point where I'm craving a PS3.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I did.

I bought a new 20GB for $380.

I have to snap out of this, and remember the reasons why I sold my PS3.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Just wait for Metal Gear. There is nothing on the system worth the money it costs right now even after the price cut.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but then there was that Konami guy today, who eluded to a 360 version of MGS4.

I don't know if I could wait that long to play the game though.

(Probably not, I'll be at Gamestop on the first day of MGS's release).

[quote name='zewone']I wouldn't worry about buying a warranty for the PS3.

It's very well made.

What games do you plan on picking up prmononoke?[/quote]
Nothing at first. I'll pick up Resistance when I see it for

[quote name='prmononoke']dallow, did you not buy a warranty for your PS3? Also, can you buy an extended one through Sony? I plan on getting mine from amazon, and peace of mind is a wonderful thing that they don't seem to offer.[/quote]No warranty. I've good luck with systems. I'm sure I'll be fine with the 1 year from Sony, not sure if they offer more.
::knock on wood::

Remember pictures are never what the seem like when it comes to hotels, apartments, and homes. Thats what a demo room looks like when it was first built.

Yeah, I'll keep an open mind when I see how empty and small it really is.

Man time warner sucks sometimes, I have the phone, cable, and internet from them and they keep going on and off on and off. It's so annoying!! :bomb::bomb:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I'll give Flight of the Conchords a shot in a few days. I'm taking my sister to see Ratatouille tonight, so I should probably try to minimize the amount of time I spend sitting on my ass.
[/QUOTE]

Now that I think about it, FotC and TMBG share a lot of similarities - goofy but well written and catchy songs with funny lyrics. Where TMBG might be outright strange, FotC are slightly more melodic, but experiment with vocal styles a little more.

I imagine if you like one, you'll like the other. Or, if you are like me, if you love you, you will give sweet erections to the other.

Which I do!

[quote name='Strell']Now that I think about it, FotC and TMBG share a lot of similarities - goofy but well written and catchy songs with funny lyrics. Where TMBG might be outright strange, FotC are slightly more melodic, but experiment with vocal styles a little more.

I imagine if you like one, you'll like the other. Or, if you are like me, if you love you, you will give sweet erections to your mother.

Which I do![/quote]

I imagine that's what you meant to say.

[quote name='Dkellar']July 17th, 1 PM, I have an interview.[/QUOTE]

Good luck! I just got hired after a 15 minute interview/30 question exam at my university's computer lab. $8.39 an hour, not bad for a first job.

[quote name='prmononoke']I imagine that's what you meant to say.[/QUOTE]

When my hieroglyphics are discovered by future civilizations after I am long since dead, they shall use this post as their chief translating tool.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']
Lucky. My $5 Salvation Army GameCube never did work, though I still wonder if it'd be possible to fix the thing. Disc read errors seem like a bad sign, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figured I'd take a shot on it for that cheap and if it didn't work I'd sell it as parts on eBay and recoup my cost. But that would have been a big pain in the butt. Guy said it worked fine and it did. Didn't come with the power cord or AV cable either, but my PS1 AV cable (and I think power cord as well or if not then some random power cord for some other gizmo I had lying around) were compatible.

[quote name='Strell']Now that I think about it, FotC and TMBG share a lot of similarities - goofy but well written and catchy songs with funny lyrics. Where TMBG might be outright strange, FotC are slightly more melodic, but experiment with vocal styles a little more.

I imagine if you like one, you'll like the other. Or, if you are like me, if you love you, you will give sweet erections to the other.

Which I do![/QUOTE]
As much as I'd like to watch Flight of the Conchords, we don't have HBO. There's always buying it on iTunes (can't afford that) or Bittorrent (now that I can afford), but I haven't bothered yet because I'm still working on Heroes.

I'll have to remember it the next time I get bored with the crappy TV channels in my stupid basic cable package.

[quote name='Dkellar']July 17th, 1 PM, I have an interview.[/QUOTE]
Good luck. Remember - pants impress.

[quote name='wubb']Yeah I figured I'd take a shot on it for that cheap and if it didn't work I'd sell it as parts on eBay and recoup my cost. But that would have been a big pain in the butt. Guy said it worked fine and it did. Didn't come with the power cord or AV cable either, but my PS1 AV cable (and I think power cord as well or if not then some random power cord for some other gizmo I had lying around) were compatible.[/QUOTE]
Now that's not fair. I tried testing the GameCube for a few minutes at a GameStop to see if it worked, and it did. I spent $30 on a power cable, and after playing for half an hour, I got a disc read error. I gave it another shot, and got one in five minutes, and then they started happening even more frequently.

But on the plus side, it gave me motivation to buy a functioning GameCube, so (for a brief few months) I was actually up to date with the current console generation. :lol:

[quote name='dallow']I just bought a Chick-O-Stick.
Trying to experiment with the strange candy in the store.

These good?[/quote]

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']As much as I'd like to watch Flight of the Conchords, we don't have HBO. There's always buying it on iTunes (can't afford that) or Bittorrent (now that I can afford), but I haven't bothered yet because I'm still working on Heroes.
[/QUOTE]

It's easy to find, or at least it was for me thanks to marten. And again, free first episode on iTunes.

Also, I impress more without pants.

[quote name='dallow'].[/QUOTE]

You only bought it because it had the word "chick" in the title.

So before you get any ideas, "Reese" of "Reese's Pieces" fame is a dude, and does not want his pieces dallow'd.

fuck, there's a hole in my boat and now I can't float around in my pool while eating chips and playing DS. There goes my entire summer.

Since we're talking bout PS3's... quick question.

I'm thinking about picking one up while they still have the EE. If not for them removing the EE, I could have probably waited another 1.5-2 (whenever they get more games + price drop). The question is... once they remove the EE, how are they going to handle backwards compatibility for the games that don't work on PS3? Are they going to do regular updates like for the X360 or will it be something else all together (or will they just say fuck it and not make those games BC)?

Why do bad things happen to good pancake rabbits?

Warner - Old PS2s are going to be dirt cheap... I just don't see the need to drop all that money on the thing just for the EE.

mso_head.jpg

This is stupid.

[quote name='dallow']I just bought a Chick-O-Stick.
Trying to experiment with the strange candy in the store.

These good?[/QUOTE]

They're not strange. They've been around for years, and years. They're awesome.

[quote name='Graystone']They're not strange. They've been around for years, and years. They're awesome.[/quote]Strange to me, but yeah, I know they've been around a long time, which why I trust it will be delicious.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Yeah, like Mario stands a chance.[/QUOTE]

Banana peels and blue shells.

[quote name='wubb']I'd never heard of Chick-O-Stick before.[/QUOTE]

I've heard of Chika and I've heard of sticks. Are they something along those lines?

[quote name='Scobie']I've heard of Chika and I've heard of sticks. Are they something along those lines?[/QUOTE]

DJK8E 2: The DJK8Ening

[quote name='Scobie']I've heard of Chika and I've heard of sticks. Are they something along those lines?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I'm guessing your candy shop is way more fun than the ones I've seen.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Just wait for Metal Gear. There is nothing on the system worth the money it costs right now even after the price cut.[/QUOTE]
Even if I don't own a PS3 at the time of MGS4's release, I'll probably have it. Lord knows it will sell out fast as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back