WTF Will Smith is a maniac

Trancendental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
"Usually, while I'd be turned here directing Josh Brolin, Will Smith would be punching me in my kidneys," [director Barry Sonnenfeld] told MTV News recently. "In fact, at the end of this movie, I went into the hospital because Will had torn my rotator cuff. On 'Wild Wild West' he broke my hand in five places, so Will's gotta have his energy harnessed a little bit, at least when he's working with me."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1685854/men-in-black-3-will-smith.jhtml

Not cool.

Not really, its extremely common for hyper active people. Lots of people in everyday life do something along those lines.

Conan o'brien punches almost everyone who works for him constantly. He also verbal berates Jack McBrayer almost every chance he gets whenever he sees him. Sometimes to the point in which you think he will cry.

Its extremely common.

Please....everyone has a friend or knows a guy who for some reason punches people constantly. Its not really a out of this world thing.

Am I saying he should continue punching people at random? No but its not as unheard of as you guys are making it sound.

You know how they say 'Once you learn how to ride a bicycle, you never forget?' Well, Will forgot how to act for the first day or two. Luckily he wasn't acting with other actors or it would have been really embarrassing."
Wait, he learned to act originally? ZING!

[quote name='Soodmeg']Please....everyone has a friend or knows a guy who for some reason punches people constantly. Its not really a out of this world thing.

Am I saying he should continue punching people at random? No but its not as unheard of as you guys are making it sound.[/QUOTE]
He broke bones, man, how the fuck is that normal? I know you've talked about how you grew up, but I'm telling you, punching someone in a playful way that breaks bones is NOT normal.

His new movie MIB 3 is getting mixed reviews, hovering around the 60% range:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/men_in_black_iii/

Thought MIB 1 was okay, but MIB 2 to be horrible... and it seems Sony really needs MIB 3 to take off because they spent way too much on it. So much they don't even want to pay for the 3D glasses for theaters.

The Daily: "How Will Smith's Men in Black 3 almost became a Disaster Movie"

Sony's 'Men in Black 3' Nightmare

Will Smith's sci-fi franchise is set to conquer the box office once again. But sources close to the movie tell Chris Lee that filming was a disaster—and the studio considered pulling the plug.

On the surface, at least, it seemed like the formula for a box-office grand slam. Take the biggest star on the planet—Will Smith—stick him in a third installment of a blockbuster sci-fi comedy franchise, and release the movie on Memorial Day weekend. Cha-ching!

Instead, Men in Black 3 stands as one of the most difficult movie productions inrecent Hollywood history, a massively expensive exercise in inefficiency and infighting that compelled the heads of Sony Pictures, the studio releasing the film, to consider taking a huge loss rather than continuing to throw good money after bad.

The star vehicle with a budget north of $215 million—Smith’s first film in four years—was hustled into production by Sony to nab the actor before he signed on to a competing blockbuster (and to take advantage of a $38 million New York state tax incentive that was expected to expire). So anxious was Sony to get the cameras rolling that MIB3 began shooting without a completed script—the Hollywood equivalent of erecting a skyscraper without a finished blueprint.

Deadline: "Sony and Cinemas not budging on who pays for 3D Glasses"

Men In Black 3 opens Friday and it’ll be on plenty of 3D screens despite disagreement between exhibitors and Sony Pictures Entertainment over who should pay for 3D glasses. Movie studios have been footing the bill for the glasses but Sony’s announcement last year that it would end payments with the release of MIB3 rankled major exhibitors. As discussions continue neither side is budging — at least publicly. Sony is keeping quiet but Bloomberg reports that executives from Regal Cinemas and Cinemark have said they won’t give in, and the National Association of Theatre Owners indicates nothing has changed on either side.

(more on link)

of course they took it because if they did what they should have done , which is confront him about it and if he does it again kick his ass, they'd probably get fired. i dont go in for that shit i let people know asap dont ever fucking do that with me i dont like it and i dont do it to others. even the little fake shadow punching annoys me.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I dunno, even my suburban friends would accidentally break each other bones growing up. But it goes beyond how I grew up.

Working in TV/Film I see this all the time by certain actors....like I said when I worked with Conan he would punch the hell out of everyone who worked under him (as long as they were males) and everyone just kinda shrugged it off. You can see it on the documentary about him on netflix instant watch. He spends the entire time punching everyone.

Maybe its a TV/Film thing.[/QUOTE]

And yet, a huge segment of the American Public take everything actors say as truth....

[quote name='lokizz']of course they took it because if they did what they should have done , which is confront him about it and if he does it again kick his ass, they'd probably get fired. i dont go in for that shit i let people know asap dont ever fucking do that with me i dont like it and i dont do it to others. even the little fake shadow punching annoys me.[/QUOTE]
A guy I knew in high school was like that, and thought I was his friend. He jumped on my back and tried a choke hold. I flipped him around and literally threw him into desks. He asked what was wrong with me. LOL, the rant I went about how something was wrong with him scared him even more than me throwing him. He never touched me again

[quote name='Soodmeg']I dunno, even my suburban friends would accidentally break each other bones growing up. But it goes beyond how I grew up.

Working in TV/Film I see this all the time by certain actors....like I said when I worked with Conan he would punch the hell out of everyone who worked under him (as long as they were males) and everyone just kinda shrugged it off. You can see it on the documentary about him on netflix instant watch. He spends the entire time punching everyone.

Maybe its a TV/Film thing.[/QUOTE]
To punch each other hard enough to break bones? Maybe those conservative wacks are right, Hollywood is screwed up. i mean I've had people punch me in the arm, even enough to bruise, but you'd have to be a asshole to break somebody's arm/hand/whatever. fuck having to get a cast because someone doesn't know how to act like an adult.

Smith is crazy for his future movie choices.

"Take a look at Smith's next five projects:
Men In Black 3.
After Earth, a sci-fi drama about a father and son (Smiths Will and Jaden) investigating an alien planet, directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
Hancock 2
Bad Boys 3
I, Robot 2"

I know Hollywood loves sequels but really? Hancock and I, Robot get sequels. Get the fuck outta here Will Smith, the next Nick Cage.

http://deadspin.com/5911386/will-smith-has-left-and-gone-away

The Bad Boys are ok for what they are, but those others, i can't understand why you'd make a sequel to a movie which sucked to begin with.

Waaaaa? Bad Boys 1 and 2 were pretty good. Dont know why you need a 3 though. Hancock was also really good dont know why everyone hates on that movie. You complain about getting constant crap and unoriginal movies yet rip on the movies that are just that.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Waaaaa? Bad Boys 1 and 2 were pretty good. Dont know why you need a 3 though. Hancock was also really good dont know why everyone hates on that movie. You complain about getting constant crap and unoriginal movies yet rip on the movies that are just that.[/QUOTE]

itd because its will smith. some of those movies are ok but theyd have been even better with other actors in the lead role. especially hancock and i am legend. he always does that same shit in his movies the same dumb lines and yells it gets to the point where you could play any of his movies side by side and hear alot of the same lines and cheesy pop culture references or popular phrases. a number of them he did alot in fresh prince of be laire.

and now hes hell bent on shoving his kid down our throats putting him in any and every movie he can. again same situation that karate kid remake could have been better if his kid and jackie chan werent in it. the concept was good since youd figure a minority kid in china would be bullied.

as far as original stuff goes i usually look into foreign films to fill that need. also you cant fully blame people for not watching original american films considering many of them get limited or no public releases and if they are released it tends to be in areas like la, or ny or chicago you know bigger cities. they dont tend to advertise for them much either.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Waaaaa? Bad Boys 1 and 2 were pretty good. Dont know why you need a 3 though. Hancock was also really good dont know why everyone hates on that movie. You complain about getting constant crap and unoriginal movies yet rip on the movies that are just that.[/QUOTE]I enjoyed all the previous movies but where are you going to go with Hancock and I, Robot sequels? Is Smith going to go from fighting evil robots to evil cyborgs while sporting Nike Dunks?

[quote name='DT778']Smith is crazy for his future movie choices.

"Take a look at Smith's next five projects:
Men In Black 3.
After Earth, a sci-fi drama about a father and son (Smiths Will and Jaden) investigating an alien planet, directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
Hancock 2
Bad Boys 3
I, Robot 2"

I know Hollywood loves sequels but really? Hancock and I, Robot get sequels. Get the fuck outta here Will Smith, the next Nick Cage.

http://deadspin.com/5911386/will-smith-has-left-and-gone-away[/QUOTE]

Wow, you've gotta be kidding me. Bad Boys 3 could work but the others are just straight up jokes.

MiB3 is gonna bomb hard I think. Sony is gonna be lucky to make their $375 million back, let alone turn any kind of meaningful profit. I'm still baffled as to what they were thinking in bringing back a 10 year old dead franchise.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']His new movie MIB 3 is getting mixed reviews, hovering around the 60% range:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/men_in_black_iii/

Thought MIB 1 was okay, but MIB 2 to be horrible... and it seems Sony really needs MIB 3 to take off because they spent way too much on it. So much they don't even want to pay for the 3D glasses for theaters.

The Daily: "How Will Smith's Men in Black 3 almost became a Disaster Movie"

Deadline: "Sony and Cinemas not budging on who pays for 3D Glasses"[/QUOTE]
Sony's in trouble.

Men in Black 3 openend much lower than expected.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=60473

Sony hoped Will Smith can lift the movie to a $100 million opening, but it looks like it will barely just hit $75 million.

The movie costs somewhere between $230 - $300 million.

Looks like another potential flop.

What were Sony thinking?

Sony is a quick cash type of studio.....its not going to flop but its not going to be a blockbuster either. Its hard to get the 3rd part of a movie to hit max earnings. But again these again these are all studio execs....who knows what they are thinking most of the time.

well even when movies flop they can easily make money off of dvd/blurays the videogames and the toys. and we all know when it comes to movie games they dont put that much into them so it might not cost them too much to make them.

I work with someone like that and it comes to down to inferiority or bullying/abuse when they were younger. They think that's how normal people act and so they carry on that with them.

[quote name='davo1224']I work with someone like that and it comes to down to inferiority or bullying/abuse when they were younger. They think that's how normal people act and so they carry on that with them.[/QUOTE]

How do they not get fired or criminally charged?

They've never actually hurt anyone and when you work with people from the hood, you're just supposed to deal with it I guess. I told him to stop fucking around because it stops being horseplay when it happens a million times a day.

[quote name='DT778']After Earth, a sci-fi drama about a father and son (Smiths Will and Jaden) investigating an alien planet, directed by M. Night Shyamalan.[/QUOTE]
I hope the twist will be that it's actually Future Earth they're investigating. That way there's absolute zero doubt that Shamalamadingdong needs to be put out to pasture.

Twist from The Happening: nothing happened.

[quote name='Kerig']I hope the twist will be that it's actually Future Earth they're investigating. That way there's absolute zero doubt that Shamalamadingdong needs to be put out to pasture.

Twist from The Happening: nothing happened.[/QUOTE]

nah the planet will be full of aliens in people costumes who are allergic to water fighting off a plant invasion spearheaded by the mermaid people all because a ghost told them it was the right thing to do. and the fire bending will suck.

Smith should just let his kids be kids instead of money machines to pad his bank account. I asked for a bike for Christmas. Must be nice if you can ask for an acting career or an album deal.

bread's done
Back