WWE DVD / Blu mega clearance

Not a very wide selection of Blu-rays, but an awesome selection of DVDs. I'm debating picking up the WrestleMania anthologies. I just hate that the cheapest shipping is $7.

[quote name='Tsel']Not a very wide selection of Blu-rays, but an awesome selection of DVDs. I'm debating picking up the WrestleMania anthologies. I just hate that the cheapest shipping is $7.[/QUOTE]

I think if you order all 3, it qualifies for free shipping

Amazing price man. I've been teetering on buying these for years man. And they have the exact ones I want too. I quit watching wrestling around WM15 but still have fond memories of 1-15. I just wish they had the Royal Rumble and Summerslams from 88-99 for this price too. :)

Good looking out man. Thanks!

I was able to snag all three.

[quote name='spmahn']I think if you order all 3, it qualifies for free shipping[/QUOTE]

Nah, it doesn't.

* ordered all three

[quote name='avwjase']Nah, it doesn't.

* ordered all three[/QUOTE]

When I ordered them, it displayed a popup upon checkout telling me to call 1-800-640-8685 to request a credit on shipping since this qualified for free shipping, I'll try later.

Don't forget promo code DVDWWE5 for $5 off a $30 or more purchase, $10 off $70 purchase with WWESAVE10, and there's also a $15 off $100 promo code WWEAFF15 and free shipping to US military APO/FPO addresses, I believe.

After purchase, I got a popup that said I qualified for free standard shipping (up to $10) and to call 1-800-640-8865 for my shipping rebate. Is that legit?

Tempting... but the over-editing of these collections is absurd. I have volume 1, and all the blurry logos, dubbed entrance music, and WWF dialog censoring is infuriating. Blurred out crap all over the screen makes for a rather distracting viewing.

Also be mindful that some musical performances have been edited from the collection as well. Apparently it's because artists wanted royalties... or some-such.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Tempting... but the over-editing of these collections is absurd. I have volume 1, and all the blurry logos, dubbed entrance music, and WWF dialog censoring is infuriating. Blurred out crap all over the screen makes for a rather distracting viewing.

Also be mindful that some musical performances have been edited from the collection as well. Apparently it's because artists wanted royalties... or some-such.[/QUOTE]

The musical clearances is an annoyance, but there shouldn't be anything blurred except on WM 15 which was the first one to use the scratch logo. It's definitely annoying, but it's still way easier that hooking up my VCR and dealing with my old cassette tapes.

Oh yeah, and don't bother with the pop up window advertising a shipping rebate, it's a marketing scam.

Best of PPV matches 2011 blu has a bad second disc, most manufacturers returned their copies and a reissue hasn't been done. It's out of production. Just a heads up.

$30.xx shipped for the first fifteen Wrestlemanias on DVD.. I've gotta think about this. That's an insanely good deal.

I'm weak. Just bought the three anthologies.

[quote name='spmahn']Oh yeah, and don't bother with the pop up window advertising a shipping rebate, it's a marketing scam.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. Makes you wonder why WWE allows marketing scam popups in their shop site...

While I sort of want these, I know I'll never watch them and do I really want to be that guy? Especially after the stuff I bought at Hastings today, should really stop...

[quote name='spmahn']The musical clearances is an annoyance, but there shouldn't be anything blurred except on WM 15 which was the first one to use the scratch logo. It's definitely annoying, but it's still way easier that hooking up my VCR and dealing with my old cassette tapes.

Oh yeah, and don't bother with the pop up window advertising a shipping rebate, it's a marketing scam.[/QUOTE]

Blurry turnbuckle pads with the first anthology.

Are the WM anthologies have the blurred WWF logos? i can't stand watching matches with blurred logos everywhere.

I know they can show the logos now but years back they were blurring every WWF logo.

Thanks a lot for the heads up, OP. Just got vols. 2 and 3 of the anthology, plus the true story of wrestlemania blu and ladder match 2 DVD

Crazy, crazy deals lol

[quote name='styl3s']Are the WM anthologies have the blurred WWF logos? i can't stand watching matches with blurred logos everywhere.

I know they can show the logos now but years back they were blurring every WWF logo.[/QUOTE]

Yes they are all blurred.

Wait.. even the old WWF logos are blurred? I knew that the scratch logo was blurred, but the super old WWF logo is blurred too?!

I might sell them when I get it.. that's annoying, I thought the blur was only on the scratched out logos!

Only Volume 3 of WM is left now, I knew these would go quickly edits or not. I'm sure resellers probably loaded up, so prices on the Amazon Marketplace will probably tank within the next 2 weeks.

[quote name='slidecage']DEAD nothing is left[/QUOTE]

Nothing? I clicked a ton of things and the only things that were OOS were volumes 1 and 2 of the Wrestlemania anthology.

[quote name='Scorch']Wait.. even the old WWF logos are blurred? I knew that the scratch logo was blurred, but the super old WWF logo is blurred too?!

I might sell them when I get it.. that's annoying, I thought the blur was only on the scratched out logos![/QUOTE]

I thought you just meant the scratch logo.

No the blocky "old school" WWF logo is fine.

Just the attitude era logo is blurred.

[quote name='Scorch']Nothing? I clicked a ton of things and the only things that were OOS were volumes 1 and 2 of the Wrestlemania anthology.[/QUOTE]

i didnt see any of the box sets for 8

Fortunately, the musical performances they edit out were all crap, anyway. For Wrestlemania X7, they replaced Rollin' with the Ministry of Darkness theme, which is actually kind of awesome. Some of the stuff they have to edit out is downright shameful, like Hendrix and Rick Derringer.

No Anthologies left but I ended up with five other DVDs for $44 shipped. The Essential Starrcade is damn near worth that much alone.

[quote name='Survivalism']Fortunately, the musical performances they edit out were all crap, anyway. For Wrestlemania X7, they replaced Rollin' with the Ministry of Darkness theme, which is actually kind of awesome. Some of the stuff they have to edit out is downright shameful, like Hendrix and Rick Derringer.

No Anthologies left but I ended up with five other DVDs for $44 shipped. The Essential Starrcade is damn near worth that much alone.[/QUOTE]

Starrcade is $9 shipped at amazon...not much of a deal.

[quote name='oldboy26']Starrcade is $9 shipped at amazon...not much of a deal.[/QUOTE]

No, it's $8.99 plus $2.98 shipping, which is $11.97. I spent $44.52 on five DVDs from WWEshop, making them $8.90 each, a full three dollars cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Survivalism']No, it's $8.99 plus $2.98 shipping, which is $11.97. I spent $44.52 on five DVDs from WWEshop, making them $8.90 each, a full three dollars cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Most of us have Prime so we don't even think about the shipping charges :)

[quote name='Scorch']Most of us have Prime so we don't even think about the shipping charges :)[/QUOTE]

Exactly. How a cag would not have prime is beyond me, but it's completely worth it for $39 a year if you can't get it free.

I didn't get to get anything I wanted that I didn't have, so I'll save my money for stuff for my Vita. Congrats to those that got the 'Mania anthology sets though, those are real keepers. If WWE ends up making a new 'Mania anthology though, it would certainly explain the sudden clearance.

Do they normally NOT charge sales tax?

After the cart was showing that sales tax would be determined at Checkout, I got to the Payment Info. page and "Submit Order" link -- at the end it had 0.00 for sales tax.

E-mail confirmation receipt reflects the same.

I'm fine with loading up on the 4:3 WrestleManias on DVD. I'll leave the ones that were widescreen for "possible" blu ray consideration.

[quote name='TerpsJunkie']I'm fine with loading up on the 4:3 WrestleManias on DVD. I'll leave the ones that were widescreen for "possible" blu ray consideration.[/QUOTE]

That's Mania 24 and onwards. All of which are on Blu-Ray.

[quote name='Demolition Man']That's Mania 24 and onwards. All of which are on Blu-Ray.[/QUOTE]

24 has been discontinued due to some legal issue with Mayweather. Fortunately there's enough third party copies out there to where it should always be readily available at a relatively cheap price.

wow! thanks op! no anthologies but i got some blu rays which i think were a good deal, btw did anyone here get a free shipping rebate? i called the number provided. :/

[quote name='NSYNC']Reprints coming shortly after WM XXX on blu-ray. Book it.[/QUOTE]

Im doubting this, none of the prior anthologies sold well, and Survivor Series sold poorly enough that they didn't even bother finishing to release it.

That's because they were overpriced even for the biggest WWE fan. Look at how they split their PPV's by the match now on sites such as PSN, XBL and Amazon. They're learning and they'll definitely be getting reprinted around XXX. Hopefully they can work something out with the WWF about not having to blur the scratch logo. They might sit on all their old stuff until then and hit us with an avalanche of releases.

bread's done
Back