WWE Legends of Wrestlemania - Out now! Buy it or the Warrior will lecture you!

[quote name='mykevermin']I thought HBK was wearing his WMXI attire in the video game.

Razor and Demolition or fuck you. That's my motto.[/QUOTE]

He is.

Only thing about Demolition being in the game is they likely will not have their real theme song. Just some generic crap like on newer DVDs with them in it. So hopefully they are in and they let you add your own theme songs like in SvR.

[quote name='mykevermin']US Express? Nah. They need their theme music for Hulk Hogan, nobody remembers them, and if Rotunda is in, he'll be wearing suspenders and a necktie.[/quote]

You know they have alternate attires in the game, right?

And plus I don't think they even used "Real American" as I think Windham split before the song officially debuted. And besides, it's not like THQ/WWE has never used generic music especially for Legends. The Bulldog and JYD are examples of that...

What!?!? No "G-R-A-B-T-H-E-M-C-A-K-E-S (I said)"?!?!?!

Plus, US Express just ain't plausible in my book. A worse choice than the Killer Bees.

Unless Windham gets Stalker and Blackjack alt attired. then we're talkin'.

Stranger things have happened - Michael fucking Hayes is in the game for no good reason whatsoever.

EDIT: Musha, the WM DVD set had Demolition's theme dubbed over, but the Royal Rumble set, which came out after that, had the original theme intact. Also, custom themes. I hope.

[quote name='mykevermin']What!?!? No "G-R-A-B-T-H-E-M-C-A-K-E-S (I said)"?!?!?!

Plus, US Express just ain't plausible in my book. A worse choice than the Killer Bees.

Stranger things have happened - Michael fucking Hayes is in the game for no good reason whatsoever.

EDIT: Musha, the WM DVD set had Demolition's theme dubbed over, but the Royal Rumble set, which came out after that, had the original theme intact. Also, custom themes. I hope.[/quote]

Well personally, the Express are a more plausible option than a lot of other teams that would fit into the game since Rotunda is an agent, plus he can have the IRS alternate attire to get the Money Inc vs. Mega Maniacs Wrestlemania IX match.

Plus Windham is on good terms with the company and most recently served as an agent as well. And if we get Windham, we could have 3 of the Four Horsemen providing someone can make a good Tully, we can have all four.

[quote name='mykevermin']Right. But secret characters? Really?[/quote]

Don Muraco and Earthquake are rumored to be two of the secret characters, that wouldn't wow anyone.

I'd have to see the darkened images to see if that's plausible. Quake was a pretty substantial part of the WWF for a number of years. Don Muraco on the other hand...well, he had more WM matches than the US Express.

some of the guys in this game look cool, but I personally will boycott (or at least wait until it's heavily discounted) any game called "Legends of Wrestlemania" that does not feature Randy Savage, because the Macho Man was an integral part of the early WM's. Good job Vince, your personal grudge has cost you money.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'd have to see the darkened images to see if that's plausible. Quake was a pretty substantial part of the WWF for a number of years. Don Muraco on the other hand...well, he had more WM matches than the US Express.[/quote]

And the US Express has more Wrestlemania matches than Kamala and Michael Hayes and has the same number of Mania matches as Flair, Anderson, and Rhodes.

Not to mention Rotunda, himself, has been in a number of Wrestlemanias. And three of them he's been the tag champs in (I, VIII, IX).

Tell you what. Let's wager a copy of this game.

I'll happily side with Demolition; if I'm right, you can send me a copy of the game (PS3).
If it's US Express, I'll pony up for your copy.

I think it's *that* preposterous.

[quote name='mykevermin']Tell you what. Let's wager a copy of this game.

I'll happily side with Demolition; if I'm right, you can send me a copy of the game (PS3).
If it's US Express, I'll pony up for your copy.

I think it's *that* preposterous.[/quote]

I said it could be, I'm not betting anything on it. I mean hell you also said it could be the Bulldogs or Killer Bees. I just added another option.

I too would rather see Demolition, but I'm just trying to be realistic and explore other possibilities.

[quote name='mykevermin']What!?!? No "G-R-A-B-T-H-E-M-C-A-K-E-S (I said)"?!?!?!

EDIT: Musha, the WM DVD set had Demolition's theme dubbed over, but the Royal Rumble set, which came out after that, had the original theme intact. Also, custom themes. I hope.[/QUOTE]

Oh nice:)

Yea I am trying to figure out which Mania Hayes was part of. Did he manage the Hardyz on one of them or something:S

Needs Demolition, no point having Fuji in his Odd Job get up with out a tag team to manage.

He appeared in the WMX-7 "Gimmick Battle Royal," IIRC. But this game "covers" WM 1-15. Come to think of it, Kamala's only WM appearance was in the same battle royal. Huh.

The CAW looks like it has good pieces - I saw Doink's coat and "Macho King" Randy Savage's crown. Also, I *think* I saw Razor Ramon's gold chains.

[quote name='mykevermin']He appeared in the WMX-7 "Gimmick Battle Royal," IIRC. But this game "covers" WM 1-15. Come to think of it, Kamala's only WM appearance was in the same battle royal. Huh.

The CAW looks like it has good pieces - I saw Doink's coat and "Macho King" Randy Savage's crown. Also, I *think* I saw Razor Ramon's gold chains.[/quote]

Plus I saw Rick Martel's sweater and bow tie and Dusty Rhodes yellow and black polka dot tank top.

I'm confused as to why there isn't a ref in the ring. The only reason I can think of is because Earl Hebner is in TNA but of course he wasn't the only ref during those days.

Having Vince commentate alongside J.R. would've been nice since just hearing J.R. commentate alone brings back memories of Crush Hour.

The CAL vid shows off Mankind's brown vest, Mick's red and black flannel vest, and GIANT GONZALES' fur suit...well, one of those (Mick's vest) is appealing to me as a creation part. It looks like creations and in-game characters actually blend well together, which is a good thing.

Demolition's glove/sleeve things are in the game too at 2:06. Hopefully this is the piece they used for them in the game and not just an extra throw in part like some of the other stuff. I noticed things like Bigelow's top is in the CAL section...so there's still hope.

Fridays IGN roster video revealed.
Bret The Hitman Hart
Honky Tonk Man
Hunter Hearst-Helmsley
Jake The Snake Roberts
Jim The Anvil Neidhart
Kamala
King Kong Bundy
Mr Fuji
Nikolai Volkoff
Ravishing Rick Rude
Yokozuna

A buddy of mine thinks those question marks for hidden wrestlers were made up. I hope they were real, but IGN said they would reveal the rest of the roster monday. And we already know who they are going to show monday. So i dunno.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Fridays IGN roster video revealed.
Bret The Hitman Hart
Honky Tonk Man
Hunter Hearst-Helmsley
Jake The Snake Roberts
Jim The Anvil Neidhart
Kamala
King Kong Bundy
Mr Fuji
Nikolai Volkoff
Ravishing Rick Rude
Yokozuna

A buddy of mine thinks those question marks for hidden wrestlers were made up. I hope they were real, but IGN said they would reveal the rest of the roster monday. And we already know who they are going to show monday. So i dunno.[/quote]

Remember, the Smackdown vs. Raw countdown didn't reveal the hidden characters in the game either.

[quote name='mykevermin']http://i40.tinypic.com/9k76zb.jpg

Don Muraco confirmed? Or photoshop job?[/quote]

It looks legit.

01.jpg

URL]

Plus one site who confirmed the full regular roster stated that Don Muraco, Ricky Steamboat, and Earthquake were hidden wrestlers.

[quote name='mykevermin']Did they say anything about the two tag teams that were hidden?[/quote]

No, but we only have to wait a month or so to know for sure.

However, I am sure we'll know well before hand who are the hidden characters, if they are any.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']All of those guys were shown in the countdown videos guyver.[/quote]

crap.. i must of missed one of the videos then...

Any word if there will be DLC? (not that it would excite me much since fucking thq are incapable of releasing dlc on 360 in a timely manner)

and i really wanted psycho sid :(

cant wait to destroy hunter with the warrior

story mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I was just an Instant Winner of the game (X360 version) on smashups.wwe.com! This is the first time I've ever won anything, sweet!

Hearing the announcement that Ricky Steamboat is going to be in the Hall of Fame tonight and the fact that he's been with WWE for a while now, it's weird that he isn't a part of the roster.

Just a heads up, a new preview on the game and video with Ted DiBiase (probably like the vids with Howard Finkel) will be up on IGN Thursday.

As I posted in the wrestling thread, THQ will be taking questions on WWE.com on the Raw Live chat next Monday night, starting early at 730pm EST.

I haven't been watching the videos, so I don't know if it's been clarified yet.

This 'importing from SvR 2009' feature... is it REAL wrestlers, or just CAWs?

Somehow in the discussion of it, that never dawned on me before.

[quote name='007']I haven't been watching the videos, so I don't know if it's been clarified yet.

This 'importing from SvR 2009' feature... is it REAL wrestlers, or just CAWs?

Somehow in the discussion of it, that never dawned on me before.[/quote]

Why on Earth would they hype connectivity to Smackdown vs. Raw if you can only transport shitty CAWs?

Come on now.

Highlights (if you want to call it that) from the Live Chat.

1. They "could not disclose that information at this time" in regards to hidden wrestlers. But then said there would be unlockables, but did not indulge what it consists of other than match types.

2. The classic blue barred steel cage is in.

3. You can import every wrestler plus CAWs from Smackdown vs. Raw 2009, but you can't transfer DLC. (Yeah yeah 360 hasn't gotten the DLC yet)

4. Custom soundtracks are in.

5. CAW mode has create an entrance and finisher just like in Smackdown vs. Raw.

6. You can't create a manager.

7. No body specific damage.

8. They had originally put a ref in the game, but decided to take it out because of the camera angles.

9. Nothing involving DLC has been confirmed.

10. Titles can be defended in exhibition. The titles in the game are World, IC, Tag, and Million Dollar Titles.

11. Create a stable is in.

12. No questions involving Randy Savage made it onto the chat, however a couple of questions involving Strike Force and Demolition were posted and they never said "no" but they just skated around the issue as usual. However, someone asked if Kim Chee was hidden and they flat out said "no". Draw your own conclusions on that.

13. Confirmed demo this Thursday.

14. They are not sure if this becomes a yearly game.

That's pretty lame that there's no body specific damage. Blue barred steel cage is awesome. Create a stable could potentially be epic. Custom soundtrack support for this seals the deal.

I wonder if you can edit appearances of the characters already in the game. I want to put Arn and Flair together with 4 Horsemen music!

[quote name='Scorch']That's pretty lame that there's no body specific damage. Blue barred steel cage is awesome. Create a stable could potentially be epic. Custom soundtrack support for this seals the deal.

I wonder if you can edit appearances of the characters already in the game. I want to put Arn and Flair together with 4 Horsemen music![/quote]

I'm pretty sure you can't change the appearance of in game wrestlers except for the standard movesets, music, entrance, etc.

I don't think you could change the appearance of a wrestler since the N64 days.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I'm pretty sure you can't change the appearance of in game wrestlers except for the standard movesets, music, entrance, etc.

I don't think you could change the appearance of a wrestler since the N64 days.[/QUOTE]

Raw 2 on the Xbox allowed you to change wrestler attires and they had many of the variants included like Hogan from his original white trunks, nWo Hollywood and I believe his Mr. America outfit. Custom soundtracks are nice and all but since no one else can hear them online, they end up being kind of a novelty.

The yearly series thing... correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they losing the licence in the fall anyway? How's that work out?

[quote name='007']The yearly series thing... correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they losing the licence in the fall anyway? How's that work out?[/quote]

I believe the official answer was among the lines of "I hope" or "that's the plan". So I am thinking they're hoping they'll be renewed, and at this rate, I would think that they'll continue to be making WWE games. :headache:

I have SOME hopes for this game and have been following the hype train for it a lot these past few weeks, because the concept of the game is amazing. However, they really could have put in a SNME arena or some Raw arenas because that generic arena in the game they've showed is just horrible. I know it's a Mania-themed game, but that didn't stop them from including some legends that have had a minimal WrestleMania impact, not that I am opposed to that, but they really could have just done more with arenas and some more wrestlers they left out.

For the lack of a create-a-manager mode, I wouldn't be too down because I am pretty sure we can assign anybody to be managers in the game, so we'd just need to make a manager the same way we'd make a CAW.

I was excited to hear that the Royal Rumble matches will feel different than the SVR games. The rumble matches are my favorites to do on wrestling games and the SVR template for those matches has gotten pretty stale, so I am looking forward to how the mode will play with this arcade-style engine. On another note, if we ever get a Royal Rumble online in a WWE game, that would be an instant purchase for me.

bread's done
Back