WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 - Gen. Discussion & Info - IGN Review is in - 8.5

[quote name='guyver2077']hasnt the copyright stuff been there since last year?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was.

[quote name='Blackout']Based off those screens, seems like they made the stories just as lame as they were in 09.[/QUOTE]

I had to quote cause it is just WAY to funny you think that's a real story line....:rofl:

The story creation tool seems like it will give this game infinite replay value, especially with the ability to download other people's stories.

[quote name='Matt Young']The story creation tool seems like it will give this game infinite replay value, especially with the ability to download other people's stories.[/QUOTE]

That it does. I really hope there is a lot of good ECW Story lines. I think this is pretty close to the wrestling game I always wanted in a way.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I had to quote cause it is just WAY to funny you think that's a real story line....:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Have you played 09? Those Road to Wrestlemania storylines were awful. "Better-than-U-Topia"? Undertaker turning guys into green zombies? Having them fight over cookies doesn't seem too far fetched. The storylines in the Smackdown games are bad. I didn't know they was a create a storyline mode in 10 so excuse me. :)

[quote name='Blackout']Have you played 09? Those Road to Wrestlemania storylines were awful. "Better-than-U-Topia"? Undertaker turning guys into green zombies? Having them fight over cookies doesn't seem too far fetched. The storylines in the Smackdown games are bad. I didn't know they was a create a storyline mode in 10 so excuse me. :)[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, But I mean to me i laughed my ass off when I read what you wrote. Don't take it personal at all. :bouncy:

I am getting quite excited for this. Seeing as how the Blockbuster Manager and me are best friend, she said she would hold me a copy on Tuesday. I really am excited really.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Oh I know, But I mean to me i laughed my ass off when I read what you wrote. Don't take it personal at all. :bouncy:

I am getting quite excited for this. Seeing as how the Blockbuster Manager and me are best friend, she said she would hold me a copy on Tuesday. I really am excited really.[/QUOTE]

It's cool, at least you got a laugh out of it.:)

Post impressions when you get the game.

Is there any chance of getting a league going for this if enough of us pick it up? I've tried before, but interest always seems to die about a week after release.

If we could get a league together and make it like an actualy Federation, I would really be in for that. I have always wanted a Wrestling MMO (yah, figure that out) But, A league would be semi cool in a sense. Cutting promos, run ins.......could figure it out somehow!!

Well I'd be willing to help coordinate the league and we could even try to work storylines into it, but I just worry it would die off quick.

What does the game offer for online play this year? Can you actually do two matches in a row without going into the menus to set everything up each time?

I will get this game first week if someone sets up a decent league. I wouldn't be able to contribute too much because of school and work, but I'd definitely play once or twice a week.

2 major gripes about the game.

1. You can only use your CAW's 10 times total in a CAS. That means 5 matches and 5 scenes or 0 and 10, or 1 and 9.

2. You cannot edit a downloaded CAW. You cannot change moves, entrance or music. Defeats the whole purpose of downloading a CAW. It's funny how you can edit so much of the Actual Roster (colors, movesets, attributes, entrance music, taunts, etc). But CAW editing gets neutered due to a couple of babies who do not want their "copyright" stolen on a CAW. Would it have hurt THQ/Yukes to put in a feature where you can allow someone to edit your CAW or not?

[quote name='guyver2077']friend got an early copy... pretty good but yea its more of the same.

Roster better than last year. Hope theres DLC[/QUOTE]

Maybe but create a story should add a ton of replay value that has been missing for years.

Couple of other notes. A ton of tag team moves have been put into the game. But several have been taken out.

Those include Doomsday Device, 3D and Hart Attack.

Well, as long as the online is good and we can get a good league going with promos, storylines and crap....I can see buying it day one. I might just buy it day one anyways and just go off of the CAW Formulas. Seems pretty good so far to me honestly.

I have bought this series within the first week of release for the past three years like a sheep. I doubt that'll change this year.

[quote name='JJSP']I have bought this series within the first week of release for the past three years like a sheep. I doubt that'll change this year.[/QUOTE]

Four years for me.

[quote name='Matt Young']Four years for me.[/QUOTE]

I hate to admit it for me... Every since the ps2 days. I bought it within the first week it was released. I doubt I will able to do so this year. I don't have the cash,but I do want it.

Until SVR '07, I've bought all the games on release day. (Hell, I didn't even have a PS when I begged my mom to get SD1.) Waited half a year to get '07, skipped '08 entirely and bought '09 the week of. Looks like it's back to being a first-day buy for me.

[quote name='wildcpac']But several have been taken out.

Those include Doomsday Device, 3D and Hart Attack.[/QUOTE]
Weird. I wonder why they took out the Doomsday Device when they just re-animated it for Legends of WrestleMania.

I wish they would somehow incorporate a Tower Of Doom superplex one day.

[quote name='wildcpac'][quote name='Vulcan2422']Is it possible to copy the CAW and then edit it?
[/QUOTE]Nope.[/QUOTE]
Well, there goes my decision to get XBL.

I think if we do a league we'll need multiple people to work on creating storylines. I think I'm willing to organize things, but I would definitely need help making weekly plots and such. I also think it would be cool to try and have nights where we would put cards together on the fly. I think it should be a more story driven league and less dependent on records.

So what's the best deal going for this right now? With Spun.com it can be had for $53.04 total (shipped w/ NY sales tax). But now I see that Amazon has that $10 video game cash thing. That's tempting but I'd like to wait and see if the ECA codes come back, gaahhh!

CAW Alt Attire Glitch.

This is just a heads up for everybody who plans on CAW. Create the Alt Attires at the start. A glitch has been reported on Gamefaqs.com that if you create a new attire for your CAW you will lose everything except for the current look. That means attributes, rivalry, moveset, etc is all deleted. You can come back and edit the attire later on but you cannot create a new attire.

[quote name='wildcpac']CAW Alt Attire Glitch.

This is just a heads up for everybody who plans on CAW. Create the Alt Attires at the start. A glitch has been reported on Gamefaqs.com that if you create a new attire for your CAW you will lose everything except for the current look. That means attributes, rivalry, moveset, etc is all deleted. You can come back and edit the attire later on but you cannot create a new attire.[/QUOTE]

And this is one of the reasons I've decided to not buy the game on day one.

[quote name='AlohaMars2']And this is one of the reasons I've decided to not buy the game on day one.[/QUOTE]

Yes but you can work around it. You just have to create sample alt attires at the start. You can come back and edit them later. Yukes definately has to patch it though to show the fanbase that they actually care.

I'm hoping to see some really good CAWs out of the gate. I'll personally throw down my talents with either an AJ Styles, Abyss, or The Pope.

[quote name='BustaUppa']So what's the best deal going for this right now? With Spun.com it can be had for $53.04 total (shipped w/ NY sales tax). But now I see that Amazon has that $10 video game cash thing. That's tempting but I'd like to wait and see if the ECA codes come back, gaahhh![/QUOTE]

If you have a Fry's, it's $47.99.

Cant wait to pick it up tomorrow, been buying every SD game on release day since JBI.

[quote name='TheRock88']If you have a Fry's, it's $47.99.

Cant wait to pick it up tomorrow, been buying every SD game on release day since JBI.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the heads up, but I've got no Fry's in my area. (BOOOOOO)

Buuuut I just sold a bunch of odds n' ends to fund a Spun.com order, and made out with a pretty good deal anyway. (YAAAAAAAY) Here's hoping for official YAAAAY/BOOOO-punch support in 2011!

So after a three year hiatus, it looks like I'll finally be back on the Smackdown train. I look forward to seeing you dudes online and coming up with some goofy-ass storylines!

The story creator is pretty dumb. You have to load between each scene and you can only use a CAW 10 times total (so if you have 2 CAW's in 5 scenes you are not allowed anymore). Also, you can only place 2 different types of Paint Tool data on a CAW (premade doesn't have a limit though). If anyone ever needs CAW tips let me know, I created a pretty amazing Spiderman and Venom char (my QA teams main focus was the Create modes).

Haha, Michael Cole looks crazy as hell in this game. It's pretty funny. So far I have just done an Extreme Rules match with Ziggler and Truth. I've also started a Road to Wrestlemania with Orton, but so far I am enjoying SvR2010 quite a bit.

DarkNessBear, I believe the reason for the limit on CAWs in story board is more of a legal issue with WWE than Yuke's just not wanting to put them in more than 10 scenes. A lot of it has to do with the obvious TNA storylines with TNA CAWs that people will end up putting up for DL.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']The story creator is pretty dumb. You have to load between each scene and you can only use a CAW 10 times total (so if you have 2 CAW's in 5 scenes you are not allowed anymore). Also, you can only place 2 different types of Paint Tool data on a CAW (premade doesn't have a limit though). If anyone ever needs CAW tips let me know, I created a pretty amazing Spiderman and Venom char (my QA teams main focus was the Create modes).[/QUOTE]

The CAW limitation is appearantly because if you download a storyline with created characters, you download the CAWs as well and they wanted to limit the size of the files. That is why there is no such restriction on the PS2 version as they do not have the option to download storylines. This can be worked around by making stories in chapter form with created wrestlers.

First time I buy a Smackdown game on day 1 in a long time. I'm looking forward to see the other creations online.

[quote name='D_Icon']So if someone creates Booker T and uses the Booker T song from their harddrive, am I downloading the song as well?[/QUOTE]

No, it will default to a generic setting. Additionally, CAWs that are downloaded will not be able to be edited so it will always be stuck with that music.

[quote name='whiptcracker']No, it will default to a generic setting. Additionally, CAWs that are downloaded will not be able to be edited so it will always be stuck with that music.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that sucks. Entrances are a big deal for me. I'll just get FIFA then.

Yeah seems like they really dropped the ball when it comes to sharing CAWs.

1. People can upload caws and select not to share them. I really dont know why this is an option, isnt this supposed to be for sharing? Not showing off. I dont give a crap how good a caw looks if i cant download it.

2. Like it was said above, downloaded CAWs cant be edited, which sucks if you want to use the correct themes for their entrance.

I will be checking out sites for CAWs more likely than downloading them, thats if im allowed to.

as usual, i will be uploading themes, but only when they're requested. I understand that we cannot edit downloaded caw's but i figured some of you will make your own. i'm pretty pissed we can't edit caw themes once we download them.. maybe this will change with a patch.

do they allow you to use music in cutscenes in the create a storyline mode? i have wwe promo music that i could use as well.

I will be picking this up today, and I'll be online playing tonight if anyone wants a match. Also I'm down for the league, that would cool as hell

[quote name='Scorch']as usual, i will be uploading themes, but only when they're requested. I understand that we cannot edit downloaded caw's but i figured some of you will make your own. i'm pretty pissed we can't edit caw themes once we download them.. maybe this will change with a patch.

.[/QUOTE]

are you kidding me? you mean to tell me that you can download a caw but then you cant edit their entrance theme?

thats a fucking deal breaker for the whole feature

[quote name='Scorch']as usual, i will be uploading themes, but only when they're requested. I understand that we cannot edit downloaded caw's but i figured some of you will make your own. i'm pretty pissed we can't edit caw themes once we download them.. maybe this will change with a patch.

do they allow you to use music in cutscenes in the create a storyline mode? i have wwe promo music that i could use as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot Scorch. You did an awesome job last year and glad to see you're doing it again this year.

Dont know if it's too early but can I request Jerishow's theme?

[quote name='guyver2077']are you kidding me? you mean to tell me that you can download a caw but then you cant edit their entrance theme?

thats a fucking deal breaker for the whole feature[/QUOTE]

You can't edit a downloaded CAW period. Only the person who originally created the wrestler can edit the CAW. I'm assuming this is to stifle arguments about people stealing each others created guys and making minor improvements or taking credit for it. I'm unsure. The music makes sense as there's no way they'd allow licensed music to me shared from on HDD to another over XBL unless they wanted to face a lawsuit.

I normally turn entrances off after awhile anyway so I'm not personally bothered by this.

I have no idea why people make characters but don't let people download them.

There will still be CAW websites out there for formulas at least.

Okay got this and the 5 dollar Summerslam Anthology at Best Buy so I'm ready to roll. If you guys are serious about the league stuff I'll start putting it together. PM or post here with some ideas. Maybe we can have a hard sometime in the upcoming days and try to crown some champions.

bread's done
Back