WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011/WWE All-Stars

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm wondering why they're releasing avatar items for SvR 2010 tomorrow when the new game's coming out in 2 months. That caught me by surprise. I hope here's at least a Rated R Superstar or Straight Edge Society shirt and/or title belts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I might have to buy a title belt for my avatar. I've passed on buying Star Wars stuff as much as I love it, but a belt would break me.

Avatar stuff is up, boo for no Punk shirts. Quick things I saw where DX Glow Sticks, HBK's DX outfit with the shirt and Camo pants, Edge's Entrance Attire with the jacket, Takers Entrance Attire, Takers Hat, Cenas orange hat, Cenas orange shirt, Purple Mysterio mask and Hornswoggle, and the WWE Title.

The Orton shirt is cool. I have that one (the actual shirt) so maybe I could have my avatar wear it. The title belt looks nice. I like Edge's entrance attire since they included his most recent shirt.

[quote name='guyver2077']800 points seems a tad expensive though for 1 character and 2 costumes... If they all follow this price point then ouch..[/QUOTE]

It is intentionally expensive like that to punish those who buy it used, and to make it seem like you are getting a better value with your new purchase. I'm sure future DLC will be either cheaper, or offer more bang for the buck.

hate that it's the spinner belt as well.. but damn i love my new gamerpic.. it's still showing my older one.. give it a second to show up

If I'm buying any kind of title belt, it's gonna be this one:
imageview.php

Anyway, I'm always really late to the party but I just got Legends of Wrestlemania the other day and once I really settled into how the game works, I think I prefer it now over the Smackdown engine. Sure, it's about half as deep but I find it to be more fun.

Only thing I had to do was replace Big Bossman's 90s heel music with Hard Times. God, it's awesome. And Kamala's, just because I like that one. And, of course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWZfmEtkx1M

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my all-time favorite Horsemen theme. One of my favorite themes overall, actually, along with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZERWArvhjPE

So I'm just now starting to mess around with downloading and creating storylines. I really, really like how it downloads the CAW's needed for the story mode you download but doesn't save them. I hope that Smackdown vs Raw 2011 has the storyline creation mode. I need to DL Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman characters.

In case you guys didn't see, preordering SvR 2011 on Amazon nets you a $10 credit toward a future game purchase. The 360 and PS3 versions are $56.99.

THQ today revealed the full list of content coming to WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2011 today in an exclusive roster reveal on Gamespot.com. The following are the confirmed names for Smackdown vs. RAW 2011:

RAW
Batista
Chris Jericho
David Hart Smith
Edge
Evan Bourne
Ezekiel Jackson
Goldust
John Cena
John Morrison
Mark Henry
Primo
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Santino
Shawn Michaels
Sheamus
Ted DiBiase
The Miz
Triple H
Tyson Kidd
Vladimir Kozlov
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

Smackdown
Big Show
Chavo
Christian
CM Punk
“Dashing” Cody Rhodes
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Finlay
Jack Swagger
JTG
Kane
Kofi Kingston
Luke Gallows
Matt Hardy
MVP
Rey Mysterio
Shad
The Undertaker
Vance Archer

Divas
Alicia Fox
Beth Phoenix
Brie Bella
Eve Torres
Gail Kim
Kelly Kelly
Maryse
Melina
Michelle McCool
Natalya
Nikki Bella
Tiffany

DLC Pack 1 *available on release day*
Chris Masters
Halloween Outfit For Rey Mysterio
Halloween Outfit For Kelly Kelly

DLC Pack 2 *available this holiday season*
Alternate Ring Gear For Shad
Alternate Ring Gear For Shawn Michaels
British Bulldog
David Otunga
Justin Gabriel
Layla
Lex Luger
Playable NXT Arena
Wade Barrett
---------

There will still be 13 more wrestlers to be announced that are in the game out of the box. These will be released wrestlers and possibly legends. Tiffany is announced and on the list, but supposedly she is non-playable only.

Some awesome news about the MITB match in the game from the gamingring podcast with Marcus of THQ.

if you win Money in the Bank, you will have the option before any match of cashing it in, and then one of a few different cutscenes will play out of you cashing it in. he said you are able to cash it in right after the champion just got through a match and the damage they suffered from the match will carry over.

an example he gave of how a cutscene in this mode can happen out of nowhere is Randy Orton can be making his entrance like normal and Sheamus will come out and attack Orton from behind, at which point the cutscene will end and it will become a match that starts right there on the stage or ramp, only the match won't officially start until they both get in the ring.

he also said that titles will be able to be vacated, but if you do then by design the game will want to create number one contenders match to unvacate that title. so you will have to edit the card if you want to keep a title vacated.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']What is this Fan Axxes thing people have been talking about over on the gamefaqs board?[/QUOTE]

It allows you to unlock everything hidden in the game right off the bat and also gives you future DLC at a "discount".

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Now, is that extra dlc or is that like something that comes with the new unopened game?[/QUOTE]

What is? The fan axxess pack unlocks the hidden stuff that you unlock throughout the game, but it also nets you a discount for DLC packs 2 and 3. DLC 2 comes with Wade Barrett, David Otunga, Justin Gabriel, Layla, Lex Luger, The British Bulldog, and the NXT arena. DLC 3 has yet to be announced to what is in it, but it is supposedly just going to be an arena and alternate attires.

So basically, if you get the Axxess pack, instead of paying 800 points for DLC 2 (not saying that is the price, just an example), you might get it for 400 or something. In reality, you're still paying the full price, you're just paying for part of it ahead of time.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I'm meh with RVD Honestly. I don't consider him a legend in any regard honestly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would rather have a lot of others instead as well, but eh it's better than Doink or something.

Also, apparently Los Conquistadors are alternate attires for Edge and Christian.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I'm all about RVD over here! :) I hope you can edit the theme music for CAWs you download this year.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be a dick at all so don't take it the wrong way but, what really qualifies him for legendary status? I mean, we can't edit his attire at all and I honestly liked the Iron Man attire so I guess I will just download him again from the community/. Why not somebody like my personal favorite Curt Henning (child hood hero mostly lol) or Rick Martel?

This game is looking fucking awesome .. online royal rumble? if they fixed the online this could be very interesting....

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I'm not trying to be a dick at all so don't take it the wrong way but, what really qualifies him for legendary status? I mean, we can't edit his attire at all and I honestly liked the Iron Man attire so I guess I will just download him again from the community/. Why not somebody like my personal favorite Curt Henning (child hood hero mostly lol) or Rick Martel?[/QUOTE]

RVD was in Legends of Wrestling...does that count for anything? ;)

After the build up for this super great Legend that we were supposed to be amazed they had in and it turns out to be RVD, is really more of a let down. Had it been Hollywood Hogan in his nWo gear or Macho Man, then that would have lived up to the hype.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I'm not trying to be a dick at all so don't take it the wrong way but, what really qualifies him for legendary status? I mean, we can't edit his attire at all and I honestly liked the Iron Man attire so I guess I will just download him again from the community/. Why not somebody like my personal favorite Curt Henning (child hood hero mostly lol) or Rick Martel?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't down Curt Hennig either. I loved watching him work. RVD's character doesn't have the WWE legend logo if that helps you get over it. I do like RVD and I'm happy he's included.

[quote name='Owen']After the build up for this super great Legend that we were supposed to be amazed they had in and it turns out to be RVD, is really more of a let down. Had it been Hollywood Hogan in his nWo gear or Macho Man, then that would have lived up to the hype.[/QUOTE]

No, it was Ricky Steamboat. Which makes sense since he is always often requested and never able to get put in the game.

Because he didn't join TNA till March, so they probably had some kind of licensing rights to him or something. Meh most of my game will be TNA, NJPW, and AJPW CAW's anyways. I'm just hoping that some good team moves are in, like beer moneys finisher and what not.

I just don't trust reviews anymore but it seems like it's getting a good hype from that article. I'll just go by my own review honestly, which will be a pretty much all TNA roster in the WWE Universe and be amazing :D

I posted a few posts in the wrestling thread.. but yeah, it's okay, I don't like how fast some matches seem to go.. directional falls are awesome (Finished a match against Trips with Orton by DDT'ing him from the top rope onto the steel steps in a Last Man Standing match).. WWE Universe mode is okay, you just essentially sim the card or play the matches you want to play. Commentary is awful as usual, if someone does a run-in the announcers assume it's the guy's tag team partner.. If someone does interfere, you cannot pin your opponent until you take the other guy out (the other guy will always distract the ref).

I've only seen one instance of the AI being completely retarded and, ironically, it was John Cena.. standing outside the ring holding a ladder. He just stood there for a while until I went outside and punched him.

[quote name='Scorch']I posted a few posts in the wrestling thread.. but yeah, it's okay, I don't like how fast some matches seem to go.. directional falls are awesome (Finished a match against Trips with Orton by DDT'ing him from the top rope onto the steel steps in a Last Man Standing match).. WWE Universe mode is okay, you just essentially sim the card or play the matches you want to play. Commentary is awful as usual, if someone does a run-in the announcers assume it's the guy's tag team partner.. If someone does interfere, you cannot pin your opponent until you take the other guy out (the other guy will always distract the ref).

I've only seen one instance of the AI being completely retarded and, ironically, it was John Cena.. standing outside the ring holding a ladder. He just stood there for a while until I went outside and punched him.[/QUOTE]

The universe mode is really medicore, I guess maybe it's because I still keep playing matches with my CAW hoping to gain ranks? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I do know one thing, the best part of this is downloading wrestlers and making them to your spec. I love that part honestly. Some of the new controls are alright but nothing to write home about honestly. Matches are short, hell I did a running ddt and won a match within the first 30 seconds on legendary. Hopefully a patch comes out to fix the AI or something.

Has anyone played a Royal Rumble online and when you're eliminated it says you're a later entrant, but there is no way to control them? It really makes it easy for later entrants to win since they can toss these players out easily becuase the CPU or the user (unless I'm missing something) can't control them.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Has anyone played a Royal Rumble online and when you're eliminated it says you're a later entrant, but there is no way to control them? It really makes it easy for later entrants to win since they can toss these players out easily becuase the CPU or the user (unless I'm missing something) can't control them.[/QUOTE]

I did a royal rumble and it sat there with one guy in the ring after everyone else had been knocked out for quite awhile before it finally kicked in to get another wrestle to come into the ring.

If anyone ends up with an extra Bret Hart code, I would love to put it to good use. I heard some people got a code emailed to them from Best Buy in addition to the one that comes with the game so I am hoping a friendly CAG may share the wealth.

With the changes to the controls, it will take a bit to get used to some of the tweaks but I do like the gameplay so far. I really need to update the move sets though as they are somewhat lacking with all the doubles for certain guys.

I'm digging it so far. I never played 2010, so I'm adjusting a bit. I'm also hurrying to unlock RVD for league play! :)

edit: the Bret Hart code is setting for over 60.00 on ebay. I'll wait for him to become DLC. none have sold so far.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I'm digging it so far. I never played 2010, so I'm adjusting a bit. I'm also hurrying to unlock RVD for league play! :)

edit: the Bret Hart code is setting for over 60.00 on ebay. I'll wait for him to become DLC. none have sold so far.[/QUOTE]

The only ones I see listed for over 60 also include the game, unless I'm not using the right search terms.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The only ones I see listed for over 60 also include the game, unless I'm not using the right search terms.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. that was my bad. I just noticed that. Me not good reading. :)

bread's done
Back