X-Files 2: I want to Believe BR - 7.46 Target Clearance - YMMV

crazedracerguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Picked up the 2 disc Blu-Ray today in Target red tag clearance for $7.46. Originally $29.99.

Good deal if you find it at your Target. Movie clearances (like CD clearances at Target) are always hit and miss. There were also regular DVD's on clearance, but nothing that I would say was must buy - even though a couple were $1.97 on clearance.

I wish the movie were better so I could buy it. Sadly, none of the actors were really in the same mindset/cared about their roles anymore to give an already bad plot any legs.

Awesome, thanks! I needed another copy for a present. One of the most daring pictures Carter ever did, a haunting character piece that is more mythology based they most X-files fans seem to understand.

I saw this at my Target and couldn't even rationalize the purchase at that price. The film was truly a let down; a daring picture it wasn't.

Stupid question since I know each Target store is a bit different, but where do they seem to stock red tag movies? Are they stocked with the rest of the movies? That's the one sales item I've always heard about but never found.

[quote name='Squall835']I saw this at my Target and couldn't even rationalize the purchase at that price. The film was truly a let down; a daring picture it wasn't.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, it was daring. Daring in the idea that the movie was terrible. Younger i was never old enough to get into X-Files, and go figure in it's last two seasons is when I caught on, and fell in love. Bought all the seasons, even the first movie was good. But this...just ruined it.

Oh hey Mulder. Blood in the snow, missing girl, we kinda need your help. Here's a pardon for all the alien stuff. Now get up, go shave, and...eh what the hell...Thanks!

That's odd considering the last two seasons were terrible. By then they were struggling to keep the show alive with Duchovny leaving and Anderson quitting after season 9 anyways. The 'T1000' tried his best, but he's too rigid of an actor and there was no chemistry between him and Scully. It was sad the way it went out and I don't think there will ever be another show like it.

[quote name='Jodou']That's odd considering the last two seasons were terrible. By then they were struggling to keep the show alive with Duchovny leaving and Anderson quitting after season 9 anyways. The 'T1000' tried his best, but he's too rigid of an actor and there was no chemistry between him and Scully. It was sad the way it went out and I don't think there will ever be another show like it.[/QUOTE]

I actually liked Robert Patrick, the problem was that the storylines by that point blew hard.

Damn. After reading these reviews, I think I'll return it unopened. No reason to waste $8 on a loser. I can get a used BR at HWV for $12.50 and get something I actually will like... Thanks, guys.

To be honest the film isn't as horrible as some people in this thread make it seem to be. Its worth at least one viewing and for $8 its not too bad of a deal either.... just don't expect much at all out of the film and you'll be okay.

No i agree, the film isn't horrible, but it was more worth of being a two part episode. I just feel like it wasn't the proper send off for X-Files that it deserved. The final episode of just the show was perfect if they had left it that way, but i was hoping the movie would have more to do with the real storyline and not just some "filler" episode content.

I also agree that the last two seasons were much worse in comparison to the show, but those last seasons made me want to go back to the start, which i did, buying all the seasons hurting my poor wallet. But still...wish they had made the movie better, cause then i'd have good hopes for a reprisal of the series, or even just more movies focusing on the shows main storyline.

PS. None in Hightstown or Manapan NJ stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
The movie is a rental at best. I actually could had this movie on DVD at Blockbuster for $2 and passed.

The only relevant scene for me was when you see Mulder and Scully in bed after "having sex". I recall reading an article saying that both actors wanted to push for a sex scene to show how Mulder and Scully had an emotional relationship (or some BS like that) but that Chris Carter did not want to tarnish the image of the show so it was axed.

I would pay $8 for it, but not going to make a special trip to Target just to get it. I was not a big fan of the TV show (liked it but only watched it here and there), enjoyed both movies though.

I saw the movie in theaters, now I have to admit I was never a X-Files fan, but I strongly disliked the movie, you'd have to pay me to make me watch it again. It was sooo boring!

bread's done
Back