X-Men Trilogy Blu ray was $48.99 Now $54.99 FSSS Amazon

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
EDIT:

Looks like the price went back up to $54.99. Will update the thread when it comes back down.

Hi:

Just noticed that amazon lowered the price of this set by around $5. The new price is $48.99. It comes to around $16 a movie. The individual sets are prices $22.xx so it is definitely a deal if you get the set.

This includes all of the movies and a digital copy of each movie.

Here is what is included in this 9 disc set:

Extras include:

X-Men
o Disc One Commentary by Bryan Singer and Brian Peck
o Behind-the-Scenes Footage
+ Poland Prison Camp
+ Senate Chamber
+ Cage Fight
+ Battle in the Snow
+ Xavier's Office
+ Logan, Jean & Scott/ Classroom (Extended Scene) with Optional Commentary
+ Mystique/Senator Kelly
+ Magneto's Lair
+ Bedroom
+ Senator Kelly Dangles
+ Cerebro
+ Train Attack
+ Magneto vs. Cops
+ Map of New York
+ X-Jet
+ Storm Vs. Toad / Wolverine Battles Mystique
+ Statue of Liberty
+ Sabretooth vs. Wolverine
+ Plastic Prison
o Deleted/Extended Scenes with Optional Commentary by Bryan Singer and Brian Peck
+ Storm Teaching Class
+ Logan Notices Jean and Scott/Rogue, Scott and Storm in Classroom
+ Extended Bedroom Scene with Logan, Jean and Scott
+ Bobby Walks Rogue to Dorm/Xavier and Jean in Cerebro
+ Xavier and Jean in Office
+ Ready Room
o Easter Egg: Blooper
o Fox Special: "The Mutant Watch"
o Bryan Singer Interview
+ Why He Made X-Men
+ Bringing X-Men From Comic Book to the Big Screen
+ Directing Actors
+ Learning From Actors
+ The Challenges of Making a Studio Film
o Animatics
+ "Liberty Head"
+ "Train Station"
o Art Gallery
+ Character Design
+ Production Design
o Three TV Spots
o Music Promo
o Enhanced for D-Box Motion Code Systems
o BD-Live: Wolverine Exclusive
o HD Marvel Universe Trailers

Disc Two
o Disc Intro by Bryan Singer
o The Uncanny Suspects
+ Hugh Jackman's First Reading
+ Hugh Jackman's Screen Test
+ Character Still Gallery
o X-Factor: The Look of the X-Men
+ Cyclops Costume Test and Visor
+ Storm Costume Test
+ Toad Makeup Test
o Image Gallery
+ Hardware
+ Locations
+ Magneto
+ Xavier's School
o Production Documentary Scrapbook
+ Multi-Angle Train Splitting
+ Multi-Angle Fight Rehearsal
+ The Prime Minister of Canada
o The Special Effects of the X-Men
+ Senator Kelly Effects Breakdown
+ Liberty Head (animatic/film)
+ Toad vs. Jean Grey (animatic/film)
+ Wolverine vs. Mystique (animatic/film)
+ Wolverine vs. Sabretooth (animatic/film)
o Reflection of the X-Men
+ Ellis Island Premiere
+ Premieres Around the World
o Marketing the X-Men
+ Three trailers in HD
o TV Spots
+ "Those We Fear"
+ "Those Among Us"
+ "Changing"
+ "Powerful"
+ "Human Evolution"
+ "Event"
+ "Skills Nick"
+ "Event Review"
+ "Future Rock"
o Internet Interstitials
+ "Generic"
+ "Director"
+ "Professor X"
+ "Magneto"
+ "Wolverine"
+ "Storm"
+ "Rogue"
+ "Cyclops"
+ "Jean Grey"
+ "Sabretooth"
+ "Mystique"
+ "Toad"

Disc Three
o Digital copy

X2: X-Men United
o Disc One Commentary by Bryan Singer and Tom Sigel
o Commentary by Lauren Shuler Donner, Ralph Winter, Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris and David Hayter
o Generation X: Comic Book History

Disc Two
o History of the X-Men
+ The Secret Origin of X-Men
+ Nightcrawler Reborn
o Pre-Production
+ Nightcrawler Attack - Multi-Angle Study
+ Evolution in the Details - Designing X2
+ United Colors of X
o Production
+ Wolverine/Deathstrike Fight Rehearsal
+ The Second Uncanny Issue of X-Men - Making X2
+ Introducing the Incredible Nightcrawler!
+ Nightcrawler Stunt Rehearsal
+ Nightcrawler Time-lapse
+ FX2 - Visual Effects
o Post-Production
+ Requiem For Mutants - The Score of X2
+ X2 Global Webcast Highlights
o Deleted Scenes
+ Extended Wolverine/Deathstrike Fight
+ Wolverine Kills the Intruder
+ Mystique in Stryker's Files
+ Nightcrawler BAMF to Save the Students
+ Jean and Storm in the X-Jet
+ Jubilee at the Museum
+ Pyro Starts the Campfire
+ One of the Children is Sick After BAMFing
+ Rogue Helps the Children Escape
+ Professor X and Cyclops Escape
+ Arriving to an Empty School
o Galleries
+ Characters
o Locations and Sets
+ Alkali Lake Dam
+ Cerebro
+ Dark Cerebro
+ Deathstrike's Office
+ Drake Residence
+ Museum
+ Mystique & Laurio
+ Plastic Prison
+ Stryker's Base
+ White House
+ X-Jet
+ X-Mansion
+ Mutant X-Rays
+ Nightcrawler Circus Posters
o On-Camera Graphics
+ Museum
+ Plastic Prison
+ Ronny's Room Posters
+ Stryker's Base
+ X-Jet
+ X-Mansion
o The Unseen X2
+ Angel (Archangel)
+ Danger Room Set Construction
+ Danger Room Set Design
+ Danger Room Storyboards
+ Sentinels
o Three HD Trailers

Disc Three
o Digital copy

X3: The Last Stand
o Disc One Director and Writer Commentary by Brett Ratner, Zack Penn and Simon Kinberg
o Producer Commentary by Avi Arad, Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter
o HD Deleted Scenes (Optional Director and Writer Commentary by Brett Ratner, Zack Penn and Simon Kinberg)
+ Xavier Voice-Over for Main Titles
+ Jimmy in Laboratory
+ Alternate Version: Beast Meets Logan
+ Pyro Tells Magneto About the Cure Announcement - Clean Shaven Version
+ Pyro Tells Magneto About the Cure Announcement - Bearded Version
+ Alternate Version: Guard Yells at the President
+ Extended Fight Sequence at Jean Grey's House
+ "Psychic Battle" Voices
+ Alternate Version: Bobby & Kitty Skate
+ Original Version: Jean Displays Her Power at the Encampment
+ Plastic Weapons Manufacturing
+ Hank Warns Trask of Magneto's Plan
+ Original Version: X-Men Board the Jet
+ Jean Senses a Scared Little Girl
+ Magneto Asks Jean To Help in the Battle
+ Storm Creates a Wave
+ Beast Breaks A Neck
+ Bobby Freezes Phat
+ Alternate Version: Here's Juggy
+ Magneto Tortures Logan
+ Extended Dark Phoenix Destruction
+ Alternate Ending: New School Year Begins
+ Alternate Ending: Rogue Returns
+ Alternate Ending: Logan Returns to Alberta, Canada
o HD Easter Eggs:
+ Beast Recites Shakespeare
+ X-Jet Lands in D.C.

Disc Two
o Brett Ratner's Production Diary
o X-Men: Evolution of a Trilogy
o X-Men Up Close - Interactive gallery with stills and video
o Generation X: Comic Book History
o Fox Movie Channel Presents: Life After Film School
o Fox Movie Channel Presents: Casting Session
o X3: The Excitement Continues in HD
o Anatomy of a Scene: Golden Gate Bridge in HD
o HD Vignettes
+ Prophecies
+ X-Men Politics
+ Clothing vs. Costume
+ Make-up Chair Confessions
+ Weapons of Choice
+ On Set Effects
+ Learning to Fly
o HD Blogs
+ Production Teaser
+ Live From the Danger Room
+ MARVELous Cameos
+ Editing Magic
o Previz Animatics
+ Young Jean Grey
+ The Danger Room
+ Mystique's Interrogation
+ Jean Rises From the Lake
+ Logan and Storm Look for Scott
+ Jimmy Meets Mutant Playmate
+ Angel Escapes
+ Mystique's Prison Break
+ Jean Kills Xavier
+ Angel Lands at School
+ Magneto Talks to Jean in the Woods
+ Logan Fights with Spike
+ Multiple Man Decoy
+ Magneto Moves Golden Gate Bridge
+ Angel Joins the Battle
+ Angel Saves His Dad
+ Ash Burns Soldiers
+ Omega Muties Break into Lab
+ Juggernaut Chases Kitty
+ Dark Phoenix Finale
o Galleries
+ Character Stills
+ Concept Art, Storyboards & Models
o Easter Egg
+ Colossus Throws Logan Into the Camera
o Three HD Trailers

Disc Three
o Digital Copy

Last edited by a moderator:
if thats to expensive you wont be gettin it for a few years then i take it thx op this is gonna make me get it right now

yes definitely a great deal, but why was it posted as 48.99? what changed?? thanks for the great heads up though op
pixel.gif

[quote name='MCmcDarwin']yes definitely a great deal, but why was it posted as 48.99? what changed?? thanks for the great heads up though op
pixel.gif
[/quote]

Amazon prices change by the minute..

This is also supposed to have Movie Cash for Origins. Unless you're part of the NewsCorp family, then you probably already got off the internet.

Yeah I got in probably a minute or two before they raised the price back up.

I ordered it for $48.99, then looked at the page again and it was back at $54.99.

Really? All three movies, in Blu ray, for 55? This is super cheap! I am bummed i missed it when it was 48 but I'm definitely in for one! Thanks OP.
pixel.gif

I'm impressed it's 9 discs, full set of digital copies, great PQ/AQ (according to early reviews) and tons of bonus features - nice job by Fox

This is why I preorder everything I want as soon as it goes up on Amazon and just cancel if it doesn't drop to an acceptable level. I'm not sure what I initially ordered it at but Amazon honors the lowest price after you place the pre-order.

my pre-ordered copy auto-adjusted to $48.49...very nice. now i can just tell myself that i'm paying $24.25 for each of the first 2 and getting the 3rd movie for free. the pricing on this definitely surprised me...fox can be ridiculous about pricing catalog titles, but this is one of the best deals i've seen on a set of 3 movies.

[quote name='trent82']my pre-ordered copy auto-adjusted to $48.49...very nice. now i can just tell myself that i'm paying $24.25 for each of the first 2 and getting the 3rd movie for free. the pricing on this definitely surprised me...fox can be ridiculous about pricing catalog titles, but this is one of the best deals i've seen on a set of 3 movies.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget it has movie cash for Wolverine, considering the packaging and extras I think Fox hit it out of the park with this set.

Xtrilogy.jpg

[quote name='trent82']my pre-ordered copy auto-adjusted to $48.49...very nice. now i can just tell myself that i'm paying $24.25 for each of the first 2 and getting the 3rd movie for free. the pricing on this definitely surprised me...fox can be ridiculous about pricing catalog titles, but this is one of the best deals i've seen on a set of 3 movies.[/QUOTE]

Mine auto adjusted too. I had a gold box discount which still applied, so the total is now $46.07. Not bad for 3 BDs.

[quote name='Greenboom98']anybody has the picture of the actual boxset? I know its standard BD cases inside the box but I would like to see it again...Thankz[/quote]

Here you go
Xtrilogy.jpg

Woo Hoo!!! I'm getting another $10 off Papa John but YMMV! I ordered at $48.49 then I got a Quickpick discount for $43.99 from my Goldbox. Total come to $33.99 shipped or $11.33 each! Thanks Amazon!!!

[quote name='CombatCraig']Here you go
Xtrilogy.jpg
[/quote]

Why does Fox hate Cyclops so much?! They are always hating on him, he's the leader of the X-Men for crying out loud! Grrrrr!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Why does Fox hate Cyclops so much?! They are always hating on him, he's the leader of the X-Men for crying out loud! Grrrrr![/quote]

They made him out to be such a wuss in the movie though

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']They made him out to be such a wuss in the movie though[/quote]

Wait till you see him in Origins: Wolverine. Thought he was bad in X-men. He's very limited in appearances but he still looks like a little girl.

If anyone wants my $10 off X-Men Trilogy blu-ray coupon from Papa John's, just send me a note and I will mail it to you. I don't think I am going to pick it up right away and the coupon needs to be used by 5/31/09.

Coupon has been taken. Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up X and X2 @ BB yesterday with movie cash for $35+tax. IMO that seems to be the best deal for those not interested in picking up the abysmal Last Stand. For those interested in picture quality X-men looks decent, but X:2 has a superb transfer.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Do the Trilogy Boxset have Moviecash too?[/QUOTE]

Everything I have read says no.

I already own the first release of X-men 3 so I am going with the 2 for $35 deal at Best Buy.

You get 2 movie cash tickets.

With the Trilogy, you don't get the movie cash but you get digital copies, big whoop.

[quote name='jazzman']Picked up X and X2 @ BB yesterday with movie cash for $35+tax. IMO that seems to be the best deal for those not interested in picking up the abysmal Last Stand. For those interested in picture quality X-men looks decent, but X:2 has a superb transfer.[/QUOTE]

Is the movie cash in the case of the X-men movies or does Best Buy give you something? I just picked up both movies but was not given any kind of certificate. I don't want to open the movies if the movie cash is not in there and I have to go back to the store.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']There should be a big white squared sticker on the outside of the box that indicates it includes movie cash.[/QUOTE]

I did not see any on the shelf at Best Buy that had this sticker. I guess I should go back and check...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']There should be a big white squared sticker on the outside of the box that indicates it includes movie cash.[/quote]

The box set DOES NOT include movie cash. This has been talked about on the bluray.com forums by someone who picked it up early.

The individual releases, however, have them. Or should, anyway. I don't know if there's any indication on the front that they do, but they should.

I'm really peeved that the box set doesn't.

^^^

Oh...there you go. Now I'm bummed too, I was going to pick up the trilogy with my $10 off coupon...now I'm wondering if I should just get them separately :whistle2:k

I saw the individual releases at Best Buy last night (yeah they broke street date) and they all had the big white sticker on the front indicating that they have the movie cash packed in.

If you don't give a shit about the third, do the 2 for $35 and get the movie cash.

But me being the completionist that I am, I have to have the 9 disc version (the individual releases afaik don't come with digital copies), and I'll still see Origins when it comes out.

Sigh. The pains of being an X-Men nerd.

[quote name='Scorch']The box set DOES NOT include movie cash. This has been talked about on the bluray.com forums by someone who picked it up early.

The individual releases, however, have them. Or should, anyway. I don't know if there's any indication on the front that they do, but they should.

I'm really peeved that the box set doesn't.[/QUOTE]

I just went back to Best Buy and the individual releases must have the sticker on the front saying they contain the movie cash. I picked up two copies that did not have the sticker and the employees told me only the cases with the sticker on the front have the movie cash.

Well I just picked up a copy of the trilogy at Hastings(only place in town that had it) and it does include the $10 movie cash.

IMG_0020-1.jpg

since this isnt a thread about buying xmen trilogoy at best buy...i can confirm with the guy above that SOME trilogy sets DO have the movie cash back. i went to magnolia last weekend (saturday) and they had the trilogoy out already (yes, broke streeet date but it was goin for $70.00 and the papa johns coupon doesnt apply until 21s anyway).

anyway, long story short, the one at magnolia had movie cach back. it appears that the movie cash back is ymmv OR best buy for whatever reason does not have movie cash back for the trilogy set.

my advice, try going to target, i saw on their website that it was goin for 55 as well. im not sure if online and instore price is different though because i think targets online is set up with amazon if im not mistaken.

also...i dont know about you guys but the movie cashback doesnt seem worth it because in my area (Los angeles), the movie cash backs do not work at amcs or pacific theatres. they only work at these old run down theatres so id rather pay 11.75 for a "good/decent" theatre with a good crowd.

x-men trilogy for me (wuth pj coupon)

bread's done
Back