X10 News - Reach Beta 5/3//FFXIII Console Bundle 3/9//Release Dts// News

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
X10 is Microsoft's invite only press event. Member of the press will get access to new releases, previews, etc. Look for news from Ubisoft (Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell), Capcom (Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2), MS (Game Room, Natal, LIVE), Lionhead (Fable 3, Rare (Perfect Dark Arcade), Bungie (Halo: Reach) and others.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/x10/

EXTENDED INFO BEHIND SPOILERS AS NEEDED

Alan Wake
Release Dates: May 18, 2010 - NA, May 21, 2010 - EU
LCE Available
Preorder Bonus

Trailer Released

Pics & Details on LCE
(waiting on more clarity, as some writing makes it seem LCE is standard edition until exhausted)

0088537008528500x500.jpg

alanwakespecialedition.jpg

$79.99

Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The pack will include:

• Game Disc in box with unique art
  • Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
  • “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
  • Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
  • Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
  • Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE
Preorder to receive the Bright Falls Bonus Pack, which includes exclusive content like Avatar gear, an Xbox LIVE theme, and a “making of” video.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare 2 first exclusive DLC pack officially coming this Spring
-"timed exclusive" according to @fourzerotwo

Crackdown 2
Preorders = Bonus Armor

Dead Rising 2
Release Dates: Aug 31, 2010 - NA, Sep 2, 2010 - JP, Sep 3, 2010 - EU
Dead Rising: CASE ZERO
- exclusive download only on Xbox LIVE, will launch prior to the full game and provide a playable prologue that bridges the story between the two titles.

New Trailer/Gameplay Vid

Final Fantasy XIII
The Xbox 360 Final Fantasy XIII Special Edition Bundle will release starting March 9 for $399, and include a 250GB Hard Drive, two Wireless Controllers, exclusive downloadable content and a Standard Edition copy of the game.
-Includes exclusive DLC (Avatar Items)
-Only FFXIII bundle available outside Japan (sorry PS3)
Pics
500x_500x_ff_13_xbox_360_01.jpg

500x_final-fantasy-branding.jpg

500x_faceplate.jpg

Limited Edition FFXIII Xbox 360 faceplates have been created by designer Tetsuya Nomura, to be distributed across select retailers in Europe, North America, Australia, and New Zealand.

Ghost Recon
Beta Comes with Splinter Cell Conviction - you will need SC:C disc to play beta
Beta starts Summer 2010

Fable 3
Available this "holiday"
-
In-game touching, highly-customized weapon morphing and the challenge of ruling a kingdom
-You will start out the game as the 18-year old [child] of your Fable II character
-Radical UI changes (No HUD)
Kotaku article with details - really interesting changes IMHO
Developed Diary w/ gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrhRYVXjNzo

Halo: Reach
Beat Starts:May 3, 2010.
You still need the Halo: ODST disc to access the beta
Reach Poster:
64921609-45f3cc6169e8a2219e547102910db1a1.4b747b85-full.jpg
64921609.jpg
ViDoc

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
L4D2 "The Passing" DLC Coming March
Followed By Comic illustrated by Michael Avon Oeming covering original cast getting to Passing DLC
More L4D1 DLC "a month later"

Lost Planet 2
Release Dates: May 18, 2010 NA/EU
-Local split-screen co-op
-Marcus & Dom (Gears) and Wesker (RE) shown in stills

Splinter Cell Conviction
Release Date: April 13, 2010 - NA, April 16, 2010 - UK, April 28,2010 - JP

Xbox LIVE Arcade Block Party
(similar to Summer of Arcade) Starts March 3, 2010
Games Included:
Game Room - Free (titles 240 pts for single 400 pts for PC & 360, 40 pts per play otherwise)
Perfect Dark - 800 pts
Scrap Metal - 1200 pts
Toy Soldiers - 1200 pts - Kicks off the Xbox LIVE Arcade Block Party on March 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFI7kRo6eaU

Others News:

Major Nelson's PhotoSet - has some screen shots of Game Room, PD, Crackdown 2, Arcade Cabinets (anyone want to photohunt for news?)

Megan Man 10 out 3/31 on XBLA (Wii 3/1 // PSN 3/11)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol. Damn it reddjoey....I was just posting about the FFXIII bundle in the Xbox forum and you beat me to it with a complete listing. Very nice.

I like the "Standard Edition" of FFXIII mention. Hopefully that's the nod that we're getting a CE

EDIT: Also very excited to see Dead Rising 2 with a date and a bridge-gapping DLC. Ready to get my gore on. I'm still not sold on a CE for Alan Wake.....neither for myself or for the entire general sales. Does the game have that much exposure to those outside of the more dedicated game followers?

There's been some random posting about some Squenix announcement around the 14th related to FFXIII. Makes me wonder if the 360 console was the announcement or if there's going to be something else for the CE/LCE for the game.

Alan Wake LCE would be interesting, assuming it's the usual, steelbook, bonus this-and-that and so on. Not sure what would fit into a CE/LCE for it.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']lol. Damn it reddjoey....I was just posting about the FFXIII bundle in the Xbox forum and you beat me to it with a complete listing. Very nice.

I like the "Standard Edition" of FFXIII mention. Hopefully that's the nod that we're getting a CE

EDIT: Also very excited to see Dead Rising 2 with a date and a bridge-gapping DLC. Ready to get my gore on. I'm still not sold on a CE for Alan Wake.....neither for myself or for the entire general sales. Does the game have that much exposure to those outside of the more dedicated game followers?[/QUOTE]

I won't thread Nazi you for doing it. Setup links and what-not. Same will be done with all the games anyway. I just though it would be nice to have all the news sorted and put in one place since this presser is two days

[quote name='shrike4242']There's been some random posting about some Squenix announcement around the 14th related to FFXIII. Makes me wonder if the 360 console was the announcement or if there's going to be something else for the CE/LCE for the game.

Alan Wake LCE would be interesting, assuming it's the usual, steelbook, bonus this-and-that and so on. Not sure what would fit into a CE/LCE for it.[/QUOTE]

The info of the CE is in reddjoey's spoiler tag. The replica of a hardbound book is a cool idea.

[quote name='shrike4242']Alan Wake LCE would be interesting, assuming it's the usual, steelbook, bonus this-and-that and so on.[/QUOTE]

considering he posted:

Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book.

I would think more along the lines the the LotR special editions

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']The info of the CE is in reddjoey's spoiler tag. The replica of a hardbound book is a cool idea.[/QUOTE]Sorry, missed that when I was looking at the spoilered info.

The hardbound book idea is a great tie-in to Alan Wake, since he's an author. Some nice items in that CE, might be work a look.

more info.

MW2 DLC
L4D2 DLC
L4D1 DLC
FFXIII Faceplate

Some general sprucing up. I'll stick more in as it goes up online. Looking for clarity on AW LCE ambiguity

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard there's an invitation to the Ghost Recon beta in Splinter Cell. Not sure if its in all new copies of the game or a preorder bonus.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I heard there's an invitation to the Ghost Recon beta in Splinter Cell. Not sure if its in all new copies of the game or a preorder bonus.[/QUOTE]

Yup, heard about it yesterday and got an email from Ubisoft on it today:

r2.jpg

I'd have to say I'm excited about the Fable 3 news. I always felt that series has the best potential to reach the most diverse group of players

I just got back from X10, and yes, Alan Wake is looking amazing. Surprisingly, I managed to get 12 minutes with one of the devs from Remedy for an interview, so I'll be sure to post it when the Alan Wake impressions embargo lifts at 6AM GMT on Feb 18th.

bread's done
Back