XBL 12 Month Subscription Cards 22.96 @Circuit City

[quote name='seanr1221']So these are the original xbox 12 month things? I wonder if mine has any left.[/quote]

Yeah it's the older ones that were out before the 360 was release, but they still work.

Sears stores also have the 12 month old school cards for $19.95. Worked perfectly for me on my 360. I'm good through 7/07 now.

[quote name='Ma12kez']You'd still be considered as a gold member if you use these on your 360 right?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='Stoneage']Was it marked that way?[/quote]

Yup, they're on clearance. My friend who works there is the one who told me to come get one.

Do you need to enter your Credit Card info in the 360? I want to take advantage of this offer(if the stores around me have this deal) but before I rush out I'd like to know if it needs your Credit Card info like the originonal Xbox(since they are origional Xbox Live cards).

I have a few questions too, counting I've never had LIVE, or a 360.

Will the original Xbox headset work with the 360 system?

And I have a "LIVE" 12 month subscribition from a starter kit I won during the M Dew Points Give-a-way, will it still work?

Has MS discontinued making these orginal Xbox Live starter kits, and monthly subscripition boxes altogether? If so, I'm going to grab 2-3 while I can.

[quote name='eraser813']sorry, the original Xbox headset will not work on a 360 system.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info on the headset. I guess I was wishing on that one, lol.

[quote name='eraser813']sorry, the original Xbox headset will not work on a 360 system.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it does. Just plug it in (without the puck) and it works. You can't adjust volume or mute it, but it works.

[quote name='Scorch']Actually, it does. Just plug it in (without the puck) and it works. You can't adjust volume or mute it, but it works.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, how do you adjust the volume on the 360, on it's headset?

[quote name='retail sucks']Hmm, how do you adjust the volume on the 360, on it's headset?[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? The 360 headset? There's a wheel on the bottom of the part that plugs in to adjust the headset difficulty for the 360 headset. The original XBox version has a plug that connects to a 'puck' that plugged in the original controller. Instead of using the puck (which has the options for muting and volume), you just plug the XBox headset directly into the 360 controller. Since it's just the earpiece and microphone, you can't adjust volume or mute it (since those options are on the puck, which only fits in original XBox controllers).

[quote name='retail sucks']Yeah, I was asking "where" is the volume control & mute located for the 360 headset. I was thinking it was in the actual headset's cord, as being described here as "in-line". [/QUOTE]

If you use an original headset on the 360 the volume/mute controls are on the Guide Menu that comes up when you push the center "X" button.

Ahhww shit, I just remembered that my Circuit City closed. Anyone willing to pick up another for $22.96 + extra for a CAG in need?

damn, yeah the closest CC around here is about 30-40 miles away. anyone willing to pic k up an extra one? my xbox live 12 month subs ends next month. this would be a great deal since i almost bought another live kit that wouldve cost $60. could anyone help me out w/ this? thanks for your time

Thanks OP. Picked up *the last* card at the very same Circuit City in Monroeville. Also checked the Sears near by, but they still rung up at $50.

i'm not sure if I should buy this. Let's say that I do buy this, and like 3 months from now, I can't use broad band anymore. Is it possible for them to like suspend my service for like 2 months or osmething?

If anyone finds any, I want one too. Will reimburse you + finders fee. Give it to the people who posted ahead of me first though.

And for the guy who said "damn, I just renewed"...well, so did I, but I don't mind extending it through '08-'09.

[quote name='Big Wang']i'm not sure if I should buy this. Let's say that I do buy this, and like 3 months from now, I can't use broad band anymore. Is it possible for them to like suspend my service for like 2 months or osmething?[/quote]

if thats the case, you should probably stick to paying the full price $50.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']Damn I just renewed my subscription the other day too. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't matter, actually. If you input a subscription card, Microsoft will refund the prorated difference of the renewal fee they charged you.

I found this out after renewing on my credit card, then applying a subscription someone gave me two weeks later. I was concerned that the dashboard was showing my account expiring in 12 months instead of the 23ish I was expecting. So I called them up and the agent said my refund was already being processed (within minutes of me inputting the code). I was actually thinking he'd have to correct the date, not confirm an automated refund. A few days later, my credit card was reflecting the change.

Theoretically, the process could have changed since then.

I found an old xbox live kit (the one with the little black bag and 12 month card) at gamerush a while back for $20 after the 50% off. I mentioned it in the gamerush thread but it was after the 50% off sale had already cooled off. You might check your gr and see if they have one. It did ring up for that price after they hit the total button. (as in they didn't have to adjust it) As always, YMMV.

No luck at my CC, but I was able to get the 1600 Marketplace points for $14.99 after a pricematched GGC coupon from BB.

[quote name='Big Wang']i'm not sure if I should buy this. Let's say that I do buy this, and like 3 months from now, I can't use broad band anymore. Is it possible for them to like suspend my service for like 2 months or osmething?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no. I called about that last week and was shut down. It's also not possible to revert from a Gold account to a Silver account once you're Gold. And when you cancel an account, there's still no way to re-use the same gamertag later. My problem is going to be where I'm moving later this year has no broadband options right now. I'd like to hold onto my gamertag until I can get broadband there (or move) but I don't want to pay much for that. ~$20 a year is acceptable.

MjC

oh well, seems like this deal is a no go for most of you...what other alternatives do i have since my 12 month subscription cancels in a month?

Has anyone found this at their CC, but it did not ring up at $22.96? I'm assuming most of you who are saying "no go at my CC" mean that they're not even in-stock.

[quote name='MCalvert1']Unfortunately, no. I called about that last week and was shut down. It's also not possible to revert from a Gold account to a Silver account once you're Gold.[/QUOTE]

it will still turn back to silver, once your gold expires right?

[quote name='dan31655']it will still turn back to silver, once your gold expires right?[/quote]

yeah, it turns back to silver after your gold expires. to the guy who is worried about losing his gamertag, you cant lose your gamertag once you turn back to silver. i was without gold for a couple months and still had my gamertag when i had gold again

bread's done
Back