XBL Deal of the Week (3/30 - 4/5) Alien Hominid HD 400 Points

[quote name='Traced-Velocity']So I understand you have to be a Gold Member for the deal to apply... Anyone know if I use a One Month Xbox Live Trial, will I be considered a Gold Member?[/QUOTE]You should be able to get the discount.

[quote name='Traced-Velocity']So I understand you have to be a Gold Member for the deal to apply... Anyone know if I use a One Month Xbox Live Trial, will I be considered a Gold Member?[/quote]

yep, should work. it doesn't work for 48 hour codes though

just tried the demo again before buying and i think im gonna pass. the game is fun and all but i can't see me getting much play out of it after i beat it, which will probably be within an hour or 2 of buying it.

[quote name='PvtChurch']That's why then. My Gold subscription ran out last month and I didn't see a whole lot of reason to renew until I find a new multiplayer fix.

Also terribly sorry I didn't feel like reading through five pages of people saying "Bought" and "In for one" :roll:[/quote]

I don't mean to single you out but I get tired of people asking the same questions on every page of a short thread. Just skimming 5 pages doesn't take long (at least no longer than someone using their time to respond to you) and just skimming the the first and last full page would have provided an answer and taken 10 seconds.

And if you think your were scolded, just wait for the next person to ask :lol:

Hey guys, I just want to clarify something about the co-op story mode. I know there is offline co-op for the story mode, but I see that online multiplayer has a max number of 4 people (which I'm assuming is for the co-op mini games). To someone that owns this: is there online co-op through the story mode as well? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='bywaytm']I don't mean to single you out but I get tired of people asking the same questions on every page of a short thread. Just skimming 5 pages doesn't take long (at least no longer than someone using their time to respond to you) and just skimming the the first and last full page would have provided an answer and taken 10 seconds.

And if you think your were scolded, just wait for the next person to ask :lol:[/quote]

Nah, I get it entirely. I definitely could have scrolled through the thread but I was feeling lazy and figured I'd just ask and it would be no harm done. S'all good :)

Anyway I plugged in a one month code that I got with GTAIV back when GTAIV came out and picked this up. Fun game but brutally difficult. I forgot how unforgiving these sidescrolling shooters are. At the very least it was worth it to play as the alien in Castle Crashers so I can set myself apart from my friends. Hmm, so essentially I paid $5 for a character skin for a $15 game... I am a consumer whore.

I read you have to get a certain achievement in order to be able to select Alien Hominid from within Castle Crashers? Anyone know of any specifics? I also heard he can only use his gun and can't pick up any weapons which would suck

[quote name='jamezuva']I read you have to get a certain achievement in order to be able to select Alien Hominid from within Castle Crashers? Anyone know of any specifics? I also heard he can only use his gun and can't pick up any weapons which would suck[/quote]

any achievement+the full game unlocks the alien in CC
the quickest one to get is beating the 1st level
and yeah im pretty sure he can only use his gun as a weapon

I'm glad I only spent 400 points on this game. I don't really care for it that much and I don't see myself replaying it at all once I get all the achievements.

[quote name='IheartGames']yeah OLD (2 y.o.) game hardly anyone is DL'd anymore...take your 400 pts and put it towards UNO Rush or Peggle[/QUOTE]

That's kinda where I'm leaning (towards Uno Rush or The Dishwasher this week -- already have Peggle). I don't think the game is that fun in the demo.

[quote name='IheartGames']yeah OLD (2 y.o.) game hardly anyone is DL'd anymore...take your 400 pts and put it towards UNO Rush or Peggle[/QUOTE]

Those are fine games, but the sentiment that people shouldn't buy this game because it's old is stupid.

[quote name='VaultDweller13']I'm glad I only spent 400 points on this game. I don't really care for it that much and I don't see myself replaying it at all once I get all the achievements.[/quote]
Pretty much read my mind. I have enjoyed the game what little I've played of it, but it's crazy hard. Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so long. I beat 2 bosses and still wasn't done with the first level. Wtf?

I picked up Alien Hominid. I fell in love with the animation the moment it was on the screen. And it's only 5 bucks. So why the F not?

[quote name='IheartGames']yeah OLD (2 y.o.) game hardly anyone is DL'd anymore...take your 400 pts and put it towards UNO Rush or Peggle[/QUOTE] Chances are there's a ton more people downloading the game now that it's 50%. Along the lines of what eastx said, offline videogames don't excactly have a "best if used by" stamp.

[quote name='Thrinn']Chances are there's a ton more people downloading the game now that it's 50%. Along the lines of what eastx said, offline videogames don't excactly have a "best if used by" stamp.[/quote]

Yep. I got it, it's hard but it's worthy of my 400 MS

The last boss is a pain in the ass. Need more practice to get the no continue achievement.
The pda mini game is pretty entertaining. Tempted to buy the addons.

i love the game simply because its comical and completely off the wall (kinda like castle crashers). For $5 it's a good game imo.

also I found this on gamespot's review for the game

• no online support for main two-player game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blucadet3']Man I suck ass at this game...[/quote]
It's nice that you can start off at whatever level you've played. You can always start a new game if you lose all your continues without having to start completely over.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']It's nice that you can start off at whatever level you've played. You can always start a new game if you lose all your continues without having to start completely over.[/quote]

That would be nice if I could finish a level :cry:

Just purchased both Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers. Excellent pair of games. I've played a ton of contra so Alien Hominid is right up my alley.

i'm really glad i got this. i think that it's very fair when it comes to learning the enemy patterns ... in other words, i feel like when you have the patterns down you don't still suffer from cheap kills or deaths like in other similar games. then again, i'm only at level 1-2 :p

bread's done
Back