XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I was able to go to my download history on xbox.com and re-download it from there. They did indeed change the file, so maybe years down the road this will be a issue if both xboxs die and they remove stuff from your download history (oh the shitstorm that would ensue) but for now looks like I'm good :) Thanks again guys.
Glad to help.

Yeah this is what I had to do when I wanted to re-download it onto a different HD, went through my transaction history cos it was asking me to pay again on the Marketplace.

I see the expiry date is 6/1/2015 for the converted MSPs, that's actually not that bad.
wait wat? i thought everyone said you had 1 year after the conversion to spend your MSP points. you have basically 2 years??

wait wat? i thought everyone said you had 1 year after the conversion to spend your MSP points. you have basically 2 years??
From the FAQ

How does this change affect me?

You will begin using local currency or an Xbox Gift Card (denominated in your local currency), in addition to other current payment methods available in your region, to buy games, videos, and more from your favorite Xbox stores. When you initiate a purchase or redeem a Points card or code with your Microsoft account after the next Xbox 360 system update, we’ll add to your account an amount of currency equal to or greater than the Marketplace value of your Microsoft Points, and your Microsoft Points will be retired. The currency we add to your account at the time of the transition will expire on June 1, 2015. However, the currency you purchase and add to your account after the transition will not expire.

"we’ll still accept purchased Microsoft Points Cards and codes until further notice"

MS originally stated MSP cards would only be redeemable until early 2015.

and

"Microsoft Points cards and codes that you purchased and redeem after the transition will expire one year from the date the Points are redeemed"

Before, it was only the points that were converted during the transition that would expire after one year. Now your MSP will expire one year after you redeem them.

If I understand this correctly, this is slightly better news. For the time being, we won't have to redeem the MSP cards until we need them and then have a year to spend those points.
Whoa. I wasn't aware of that update. This news isn't that good. Before if we have any unused MSP codes we could have saved them until after the conversion. That way the credit we get for them wouldn't ever expire. Now Microsoft changed it so they will also expire.

And I get the feeling we'll still only have until early 2015 to redeem unused MSP codes. They might have just left that part out for now so it would look like something good happened with this update. Otherwise the only news is they're adding more expiration dates.

Do that many of you guys really have so many stockpiled points that you don't think you'll use all of them in the next one or two years?  I know a few people abused bought a lot during the MS Store promotion, but I can't imagine all that many people have piles and piles of points to spend.  

Anyone have issues downloading Bully?

I bought it on my other XBox under my profile, and when I go to my wife's xbox It's asking me to pay $15 again.

It's still on my other xbox and I have no issues playing it there even when signed out.

I've always been able to re-download Games on Demand titles on multiple xboxs except Bully for some reason. I didn't try deleting it incase I couldn't re-download it again.
Download History, don't go to the marketplace listing. Use your download history.

I have one 1600 point card I haven't redeemed yet. I have like 1300 points in my account. There's games I bought I haven't played yet and I won't really have time to play. I plan on getting the Xbox One and more interested in buying games for that, so I was wondering is it best to wait to redeem my card or redeem it now? I just don't want to find out I can't redeem the card anymore.

I have one 1600 point card I haven't redeemed yet. I have like 1300 points in my account. There's games I bought I haven't played yet and I won't really have time to play. I plan on getting the Xbox One and more interested in buying games for that, so I was wondering is it best to wait to redeem my card or redeem it now? I just don't want to find out I can't redeem the card anymore.

Xbox Gift Cards (denominated in your local currency) will be available for purchase in retail stores and through online retailers later this year. Microsoft Points Cards you purchase at retail will continue to be redeemable on your console and Xbox.com until further notice. Microsoft has no plans to discontinue acceptance of previously purchased Points cards and codes.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq

From the FAQ

How does this change affect me?

You will begin using local currency or an Xbox Gift Card (denominated in your local currency), in addition to other current payment methods available in your region, to buy games, videos, and more from your favorite Xbox stores. When you initiate a purchase or redeem a Points card or code with your Microsoft account after the next Xbox 360 system update, we’ll add to your account an amount of currency equal to or greater than the Marketplace value of your Microsoft Points, and your Microsoft Points will be retired. The currency we add to your account at the time of the transition will expire on June 1, 2015. However, the currency you purchase and add to your account after the transition will not expire.
Well let's hope they use FIFO.

I can confirm that the Bing XBL 1 month card glitch is still working. Now this girl thinks i went out and spent $60 buying her live. Thanks CAG, for improving my love life.

Do that many of you guys really have so many stockpiled points that you don't think you'll use all of them in the next one or two years? I know a few people abused bought a lot during the MS Store promotion, but I can't imagine all that many people have piles and piles of points to spend.
I'm more than maxed out on points and I'll easily spend all of those points in a year. Especially with day-one digital on Xbox One. In fact, I keep thinking I should have bought more points even though I already bought a ton.

Dang, I only have about 100 Bing points or so. Hopefully the glitch won't be fixed for a while. I will need a couple of weeks to get enough points.

between dark souls 2, gta V (and it's inevitable DLC), and maybe a splurge on nba 2k (which i'd never buy for $60 but def might for 20) it's easy as hell to drop a whoooole lot of points in the near future from that one sale. that alone is like $200 worth of games for the price of one new release if you splurged on the sale. i'm glad i bought a lot.

now if bing would stop banning me every time i try to set up one legit account. lol.

between dark souls 2, gta V (and it's inevitable DLC), and maybe a splurge on nba 2k (which i'd never buy for $60 but def might for 20) it's easy as hell to drop a whoooole lot of points in the near future from that one sale. that alone is like $200 worth of games for the price of one new release if you splurged on the sale. i'm glad i bought a lot.

now if bing would stop banning me every time i try to set up one legit account. lol.
How do you get banned? I do alot of searches and have yet to have a problem. But I do get paranoid sometimes.

How do you get banned? I do alot of searches and have yet to have a problem. But I do get paranoid sometimes.
i have no idea, i was doing things completely legit. tried 2 or 3 times and never was able to do it for more than a week. maybe the people who lived in my apartment before me got blacklisted or something idk, seemed pretty random.

or maybe they know i have an online job for google trying to make their search results better than bing's so they're trolling me.

Anyone have any feelings on the MGR dlc that's on sale? Seems like a good price, are both worth picking up?
I try to post useful impressions of the content on sale for the week in the 3rd page of the OP, so you can always check there.

From there:

MGR dlc's were quite disappointing for me. Both are really short (hour for Sam and 20-30mins - Bladewolf) and they doesn't offer anything new at all, except that you are playing as Sam (fun playing as him, but he doesn't have as much combat moves as Raiden) and Bladewolf (he is really weak and you better bet on stealth kills for the whole dlc - meh). Enemies/bosses, environments are rehashed from main game. Skip if you don't care about achievements.

This is coming from a huge MGR fan btw.

-Sath666

Microsoft's oddly mysterious about how they're going to handle XBL Rewards now that points are going away in the email I just got:

As you may have heard from the announcements at E3, major changes are coming to Xbox Live. One of these changes is the switch to local currency for purchases on Xbox. That means Microsoft Points will soon be retired and you'll instead be able to use money to purchase content on Xbox (see Xbox.com Points FAQ for more info).

With all these changes, it's become necessary for us to evolve the way we reward you. Starting August 1, 2013, you will not be able to earn Microsoft Points through Xbox Live Rewards any longer. Not to worry, though! Since this currency change is impacting the structure of the program, we're taking the opportunity to make Xbox Live Rewards even better. You'll continue to get rewarded for doing the things you love on Xbox Live – just not with Microsoft Points. So come back torewards.xbox.com on September 1, 2013 for the full scoop. You can also follow us at @XboxLiveRewards on Twitter for the latest updates.

Finally, despite the Microsoft Points changes, all your hard work will not go to waste. On August 7, 2013 we'll deposit ALL your Pending Rewards Points into your account, even if you have less than 100. And if you still have Points in your Xbox account when Microsoft Points are retired, they'll be transitioned into your country's local currency. Your currency will be available for use at the Xbox Stores as usual. For more on the Points transition, see Xbox.com Points FAQ here.

So keep earning Microsoft Points with Xbox Live Rewards through July 31, 2013 – and stay tuned for exciting changes coming soon!
It's weird that they're not telling us what this big change is for two months.

SO I heard after the dashboard is updated, prices on some items are actually going up? Is this true?
Depends on what part of the world you live in. If you live in the US, it appears that you are safe but if you live in the UK it appears you are SOL. It seems M$ is increasing prices by 33% so everything is the same throughout Europe. I guess there was a 33% price difference between UK and the EU so they are trying to remedy that.

I believe this might be part of their initiative which started last year with respect to other M$ products (volume licensing) but don't hold me to that.

Depends on what part of the world you live in. If you live in the US, it appears that you are safe but if you live in the UK you are SOL. M$ is increasing prices by 33% so everything is the same throughout Europe. I guess there was a 33% price difference between UK and the EU so they are trying to remedy that.

I believe this is part of their initiative which started last year with respect to other M$ products (volume licensing) but don't hold me to that.
SO I heard after the dashboard is updated, prices on some items are actually going up? Is this true?
Apparently this was a mistake, and Microsoft is refunding people affected. Note, not until the new dashboard goes public, which could be months >.>

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/10/transition-from-microsoft-points-is-raising-game-prices

"we’ll still accept purchased Microsoft Points Cards and codes until further notice"

MS originally stated MSP cards would only be redeemable until early 2015.

and

"Microsoft Points cards and codes that you purchased and redeem after the transition will expire one year from the date the Points are redeemed"

Before, it was only the points that were converted during the transition that would expire after one year. Now your MSP will expire one year after you redeem them.

If I understand this correctly, this is slightly better news. For the time being, we won't have to redeem the MSP cards until we need them and then have a year to spend those points.
As someone mentioned before many states and countries (Canada for example) make it so that gift cards cannot expire and as long as the company is in business that those cards have value. Hence hold on to your codes for when you want to use them if you're worried about expiration as it looks like MS is just going to let people redeem those codes whenever likely so that they don't have to worry about the legal issues in various states, countries, territories where codes/cards can't expire. So yes just hold onto your codes for when they are needed.

I'm just so confused on the tax for us that do have to pay it. So in the future, if we buy a points card for $20 let's say, we get $20 into our Xbox accounts but we wont actually have enough to purchase $20 worth because everything is taxed and there won't be enough to cover taxes as well?

Buying orange box only for portal and tf2???!!!

is you cray??!!

i dont even...

i gotta take a seat.. this is too much...

*wipes sweat off forehead*

I'm just so confused on the tax for us that do have to pay it. So in the future, if we buy a points card for $20 let's say, we get $20 into our Xbox accounts but we wont actually have enough to purchase $20 worth because everything is taxed and there won't be enough to cover taxes as well?
You are correct, works the same way when I buy 3DS credit, no tax charged on the initial purchase of the card but you get taxed on everything bought in the store.

Sucks, frankly I wish it was the other way round. But hey, at least we got rid of those terrible point right ? :roll:

Well... despite my prior comments that I would buy Bioshock Infinite no matter the sale price, I decided to pass.  I figure the lack of replay value for -shock games means I don't need a copy to keep forever, and I've seen good condition disc and cases go for $20 on eBay already.  I think the really big push came from having a 250gb packed full of games, most of which I haven't played or have barely dabbled around in.  Still, m$ got a fat wad of my points last week:

Borderlands 2 + everything on sale except Creature Slaughter Dome, which looked small and stupid to have to pay extra for

Assassin's Creed 3

Max Payne 3

Bulletstorm

Da Witcha

Hitman Absolution

This week gets me nothing, cause I loved Dishonored and bought the GoD and DLCs as soon as they came out.  I don't have that preorder bundle, but even on sale I think I can pass.

Is it August yet? I want to be disappointed by that new TMNT already!

I got my invite to the World of Tanks Beta. Pretty excited to try this out. Is this going to be an XBLA game or full retail?

I'm pretty sure its F2P so probably digital only.

Someone asked a couple days ago, Ducktales will be released on Sept 11 on XBLA.  Release date is August 13th on PC/WiiU/PS3, I wonder if Summer of Arcade is to blame for the delayed release on 360...

I feel obligated to interrupt all discussions going on and say that, after buying Forza Horizon on a complete whim during last week's sale, it has easily become one of the best gaming purchases I've made in a long time, and the most fun I've had with a racing game since Burnout Paradise.

Thanks to everyone on here who recommended it to everyone else with such vigor that it eventually broke me down.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Xbox Live code discussion.

Someone asked a couple days ago, Ducktales will be released on Sept 11 on XBLA. Release date is August 13th on PC/WiiU/PS3, I wonder if Summer of Arcade is to blame for the delayed release on 360...
Thanks Tyler...that was me who asked. Ya know, I am going to be really pissed at Microsoft if they are making us wait almost a whole month so it doesn't conflict with their "Summer of Arcade" releases. IMO, Ducktales is going to be better than all of them....and I say that even though I plan on buying Charlie Murder and TMNT: Out of the Shadows.

Someone asked a couple days ago, Ducktales will be released on Sept 11 on XBLA. Release date is August 13th on PC/WiiU/PS3, I wonder if Summer of Arcade is to blame for the delayed release on 360...
Don't know if they delayed it to make the best worst marketing ploy they could on XBox or if Microsoft really feels like screwing over people by focusing on select games more then others...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back