XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem I had with Fez was it was easy as hell to get lost and once I got lost and didn't know where to go I just gave up entirely.

The problem I had with Fez was it was easy as hell to get lost and once I got lost and didn't know where to go I just gave up entirely.
My problem was more so that collecting pieces to the cubes didn't seem to actually give you anything other than cubes. It didn't advance the story, it didn't seem to push the character forward or give insight into the world. For me the whole game felt too much like the sidequest in Assassin's Creed 2 of finding the feathers. So at a certain point I got tired of being lost as you put it, and it's gone on my backburner. There's a lot I appreciate about the world. But I just can't get over the main gameplay component. I keep falling down and having to reclimb stuff. It just annoys and bores me. I'm likely entirely playing it wrong but it really don't guide your hand all that well. I appreciate it. I appreciate that it's something different and novel. I think I'm just an impatient gamer these days. I used to be able to play adventure games and spend hours rubbing one thing against another until I solved a puzzle. Now I just can't be bothered.

The map was rather confusing at times.

My problem was more so that collecting pieces to the cubes didn't seem to actually give you anything other than cubes. It didn't advance the story, it didn't seem to push the character forward or give insight into the world. For me the whole game felt too much like the sidequest in Assassin's Creed 2 of finding the feathers. So at a certain point I got tired of being lost as you put it, and it's gone on my backburner. There's a lot I appreciate about the world. But I just can't get over the main gameplay component. I keep falling down and having to reclimb stuff. It just annoys and bores me. I'm likely entirely playing it wrong but it really don't guide your hand all that well. I appreciate it. I appreciate that it's something different and novel. I think I'm just an impatient gamer these days. I used to be able to play adventure games and spend hours rubbing one thing against another until I solved a puzzle. Now I just can't be bothered.
I never really had that problem you mentioned. So do you not like games like Super Mario 64 because you're just in a world collecting 120 stars? Most platformers feel like that to me and I never have issues with that.

My biggest problem with Fez is I felt like the 2nd half of the game was just too difficult. I could never figure out any of the [customspoiler="Fez Spoilers"]hidden languages and so I had to look up how to translate all 3. I hate having to look up answers in puzzle games, it pretty much defeats the purpose of playing the game.[/customspoiler]

Oh, and falling off of things. Yeah that was fuck ing annoying!

Man... I loved Fez. The beauty was playing that game at launch though. When the entire community was piecing together the language and secrets of Fez. It was cool to be a part of a game that was so cryptic that you had to work together to unlock its secrets.

Man... I loved Fez. The beauty was playing that game at launch though. When the entire community was piecing together the language and secrets of Fez. It was cool to be a part of a game that was so cryptic that you had to work together to unlock its secrets.
This is a really good point. I played it about a month after release, so I read all these threads where everyone was teaming up to solve a lot of the puzzles, but I didn't participate in the solving of the puzzles at all. It was one of those "you had to be there" things, but I'm sure being a part of it was a lot of fun at the time. Alas, those playing after all the puzzles are solved don't get to partake in it.

I never really had that problem you mentioned. So do you not like games like Super Mario 64 because you're just in a world collecting 120 stars? Most platformers feel like that to me and I never have issues with that.
I hated Super Mario 64. I hated collecting stars was part of the gameplay rather than just transversing through a level from left to right as in the earlier 2D games. But to be honest, other than Star Fox on the 64, I really didn't like the 3D games on that system all that much (and yes I know Goldeneye, Perfect Dark - they just weren't for me, I was a PC gamer at the time when it came to FPS games and preferred the look and feel of those games on a PC). Just there was something with the Super Nintendo and N64 visually that annoyed me, something about the blockiness of the pixels, just something. I dont know. It annoyed me visually and I couldn't get into those systems. So my last console prior to getting a PS2 late in its cycle was the Genesis. But yeah. I don't know, I tend to prefer games with stories. So I even have issues getting deep into Rayman Origins or other mindless 2D platformers. They are great games but I wish I had them just on my iPhone to play whenever. It feels odd to sit on a couch and play them as it's a sort of empty experience for me of just collecting shiny things on a screen. Even Sonic, which I loved as a child, is a game I just can't get into anymore, but at least it has speed and great sound which charms the pants off of me.

But in Super Mario, Sonic and Rayman's defence at least they have some combat and enemies. Fez was less a platformer and more of a puzzle game with platforming. And yeah that difficulty ramps up like crazy where in other platformers it just hits a sweet spot. At least too with Super Mario you had a feeling like you were on a quest that mattered - saving the princess and beating bowser. Whenever I played those games each level felt like I was closer to saving a lost princess. And there was a linearity to the levels in classic platformers like Super Mario. Fez is too complicated. Levels within levels give it a matryoshka doll sort feel to it. Theres no world map for stages, you have to make your way from one place to another in this weird jumble that requires too much thought. I just want fun in a platformer. Jump in and jump around - give me a shoot button and that's it. Maybe a run faster button. That's all I want. Make it easier to get from one place to another. For that reason Fez wasn't for me. It was charming and cute and I'll likely return to it at some point. But it just wasn't for me.

You two are crazy. :)  The N64 is probably my favorite console of all time (nostalgia also affects that obviously, but still) and I loved blocky/retro graphics then, and I still love them now.

Wow I find it weird because when I said Fez was boring and that I hated it and asked what was appealing to others that I missed I was cussed out. Everyone was worshipping it like it was the best game ever. And now everyone seems to put it down. What gives? Lol

Fez schmez.......( i say that jokingly!  Please don't lynch me!)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what the mystery free game will be on 8/1.  Being that it's on a Thursday, I wonder how it will be announced.  As always, I'll look forward to Tuesday morning when I get to work and the first thing I do is check XBLDB.  :D

Any word on when Castle of Illusion is going to be released?  The wait is killing me!

I agree. That sense of discovery and accomplishment was an amazingly fun experience. I'm one of the few it seems that loved Fez. Personally it was my fav game of 2012, of any system. I don't understand the hate on that game, but I can understand the hate for Phil fish. I personally dont hate him, but I can def understand why some do.

Wow I find it weird because when I said Fez was boring and that I hated it and asked what was appealing to others that I missed I was cussed out. Everyone was worshipping it like it was the best game ever. And now everyone seems to put it down. What gives? Lol
What everyone? It feels like more of a 50/50 split haha. Just one of those games..

Bastion I think I would've enjoyed more had it not been hyped up so much, especially how the narrator seemed to have CHANGE GAMING FOREVER with how websites talked about it. I Still 200/200 that game, but it wasn't anywhere near like the top best XBLA game I've played and never left me clamoring to play even more.

Mark of the Ninja though, that's easily one of my top favorite XBLA games or possibly even games this gen.

The problem I had with Fez was that it wasn't good.
uq7PreC.jpg

Bastion I think I would've enjoyed more had it not been hyped up so much, especially how the narrator seemed to have CHANGE GAMING FOREVER with how websites talked about it. I Still 200/200 that game, but it wasn't anywhere near like the top best XBLA game I've played and never left me clamoring to play even more.

Mark of the Ninja though, that's easily one of my top favorite XBLA games or possibly even games this gen.
I'm a sucker for music and character development that you have to work for (being that it doesn't had you what happens on a silver platter). For that reason I really enjoyed it. Probably my favorite game on Xbox, but marginally (I focus on my enjoyment during a game as to why they're favorites, not how much time or how much I was wowed). To each his own about it though.

According to this polish site, the two free ''Games with Gold'' for august are Crackdown and Dead Rising 2.

If is true, much better than Defense Grid and Ass Creed II offers.

I'd say that sounds worse, only because I already own them. :p

The thing with Bastion is it is a fairly average game on the gameplay side of things. However, the beautiful art style, music, and not to mention the narrator is what makes that game. If not for the narrator I believe the game would not have been praised as highly as it was.

But I do agree on it being a one and done game. It was a game that I'm glad to have been able to experience, but the game itself doesn't scream replayability.

According to this polish site, the two free ''Games with Gold'' for august are Crackdown and Dead Rising 2.

IMO not really by much. Crackdown is $3 at gamestop and even older than the other two I believe, and Dead Rising 2 isn't nearly as universally praised as past games offered. I'm fine with it since I own neither, but I don't really think it's a huge step up in quality :oldman:

I really enjoyed Bastion (bought it for 600MSP), but yeah, as JStryke says, it doesn't scream replayability; once you've 200/200 it, you stop thinking about it (but that serves for a LOT of good games).

Crackdown was the first game I played when I got Xbox Live, so I'm excited to run through it for nostalgia and to get the free DLC that adds the achievements they left out. Also, never played DR2, but I enjoyed the first one. If those are true I'm definitely more excited than I was for July's games.

I don't know how anybody couldn't be excited for Crackdown unless they're not a fan of the sandbox genre, but I'd love to play it again since it was one of the first Xbox 360 games I that validated my purchase of the system early on.

Dead Rising 2 is a noticeable jump up in terms of the age and notability from the first few games offered, so I hope the games they have in mind are more in line with that than AC2 and Halo 3.

If this Polish leak is true, I'll admit I'm disappointed. I have so many 360 games so I will have to get lucky to not have most of the ones they offer though, so it's understandable.

I don't care about DR2 being free, glad people will get that one. Wish it had been Crackdown 2 though, since 1 is so cheap and I don't have 2, lol.

Oh well, it's cool either way.

Personally I've never played either of those games and don't own them, so they being the free Games with Gold for August would be fine with me. I have DR1 and while flawed was fun. I've considered DR2 in the past but never saw it for a price I'd grab it at.

Here's how I'm viewing the "Games with Gold" promotion - I purchased XBL for this promotion hoping they would give away some good stuff. So far all of the games they've released I didn't own. As long as they keep that up even if it's not stuff I necessarily wanted it will be worth it to me. Plus XBL has other benefits I will take advantage of as well obviously. My XBL subscription cost $50 and included 800 MSP so really only $40.

So far we've been given: Assassin's Creed II ($20) + Defense Grid ($10) + Fable III ($20) = $50. Are those games worth $50 presently...no they can be obtained cheaper in disc form. But over the length of this promotion it will likely even out.

Hope that report is true.

Well free is free. Granted I don't know if I should even try DR2 cause they are saying DR3 will be so vastly different and I plan on buying DR3 for the launch period.

Crackdown 1 was a great game at the time. Crackdown 2 was disappointing because it was almost the same exactly world and everything lol.

It's rumored they are showing a new Crackdown at gamescom so Crackdown does make sense. But I would think you would save DR2 near XB1 launch trying to get people into DR3, even if they aren't the same

If this is true we're f*cked...Dead Rising 2 never was released over here and Crackdown got indexed...

Nice, I'd take Dead Rising 2 for free, even though I did hate the first one.

As for Bastion, I enjoyed my one playthrough but it was definitely overhyped. The setting, ambiance, narrator were all great, but the actual gameplay left a lot to be desired.

It's really a shame about Fez II. Fez was easily one of the best (if not the best) puzzle games I have ever played. But Fish is just so damned eccentric and erratic, we should just be happy he actually managed to get Fez out at all. If you don't give it a chance because of Fish then you are really doing yourself a disservice.

Crackdown 1 was a great game at the time. Crackdown 2 was disappointing because it was almost the same exactly world and everything lol.

Wish it had been Crackdown 2 though, since 1 is so cheap and I don't have 2, lol.
Crackdown 2 was disappointing because all the freedom to take over the city when and how you wanted was stripped away. Crackdown may only cost a few bucks, but 2 isn't worth a dollar. Mmm, first gen 360 graphics here I come!

Dead Rising 2... I was meh for the first one, but I think I heard that 2 was an improvement. Doesn't it get rid of the camera gameplay though? I did like that in the first one. Oh well, freebie.

Crackdown 2 was disappointing because all the freedom to take over the city when and how you wanted was stripped away. Crackdown may only cost a few bucks, but 2 isn't worth a dollar. Mmm, first gen 360 graphics here I come!

Dead Rising 2... I was meh for the first one, but I think I heard that 2 was an improvement. Doesn't it get rid of the camera gameplay though? I did like that in the first one. Oh well, freebie.
Crackdown 2 was fine.

Dead Rising 1 is better than 2

I'm not that impressed with those rumored free games. I mean, free is always nice, but I can't stand the gameplay in the dead rising games. I'll try Crackdown, but when you can get a game for

Weirdly they did a sort of sequel to Dead Rising 2 or re-release, I don't even know what to call it, it's like a spin-off but it's pretty much the same damn game, a re-imagining or a "What if?"-version I suppose. It's called Dead Rising 2: Off the Record and it was in response to people wanting the Frank West character and the photography gameplay mechanic back. The whole game plays essentially exactly like Dead Rising 2 with a handful of differences. But otherwise it's the same almost note to note. It does have a sandbox mode and (semi-spoiler alert) Chuck Greene shows up as a psychopath (though if you co-op it he's also your co-op buddy). There are a few new areas and a few new combos and quirks but otherwise that's it. So if you prefer the photography mechanic and Frank West as a character then play DR2: Off the Record instead of DR2. Personally I prefer the Chuck Greene character as I like his relationship with his daughter being the motivation for the story. But anyways either way anyone who plans on playing DR2 for the first time should grab Dead Rising: Case Zero. It's kind of a demo and kind of it's own thing that gives a prelude to DR2 - but it's amazing, one of the best things on XBLA, only 400pts (it's been on sale for 200pts a few times) and the save game file from that transfers to DR2 bringing with it I think the ability to start DR2 at level 5.

Anyways I'm happy DR2 is on sale. I own way too many games and so I figured I wouldn't get anything I didn't already own on disc of GoD from this sale. Happy to see that's not the case with DR2. Almost bought it from a website last week for $10 but their system had some issues and I just went meh as to be honest I never really got far in DR1. Glad I did hold off. But yeah Crackdown 1 is weak sauce again - it's good but old. I mean it gained notoriety as the game that the Halo 3 demo shipped with. I'm still crossing my fingers for something awesome. I'd love it if they gave away Deadly Premonition just so more people played that game.

I haven't played any of those 2 rumored games. While I'm not exactly thrilled those are the next two, I'll take them for free and try them with low expectations.

I don't know how anybody couldn't be excited for Crackdown unless they're not a fan of the sandbox genre, but I'd love to play it again since it was one of the first Xbox 360 games I that validated my purchase of the system early on.

Dead Rising 2 is a noticeable jump up in terms of the age and notability from the first few games offered, so I hope the games they have in mind are more in line with that than AC2 and Halo 3.
I agree, Crackdown was one of my favorite games I played on the 360. However, Crackdown 2 was shit to me.

I only played the game once, so I'd definitely be happy with Crackdown.

Any word on when Castle of Illusion is going to be released? The wait is killing me!
This article says August but since the Summer of Arcade takes up most of August, that seems unlikely. Although I guess it's possible they could release it this Friday the 2nd or Friday, August 30.

At any rate, it shouldn't be much longer. Achievements leaked several weeks ago.

I hate sandbox games.

Never played Crackdown, so i guess that's something.

Continuing the pattern of ANCIENT games though. But at least it's not a Kinect game or something like that.

I played Crackdown for the first time just a few months ago and I had alot of fun with it, especially in coop. I got all the achievements except the one for collecting all the orbs, I found 999/1000 and couldn't ever find the last one -_-

I've never been able to enjoy the retail Dead Rising games because of the stupid[SIZE=11.818181991577148px] time constraints. So glad that Dead Rising 3 is finally getting rid of them.[/SIZE]

I don't have Crackdown and neither DR2, so everything's good in that regard. But more GoD's on my backlog is starting to stress me :D

While Im not going to rage about the free games since free is free. So far all the games have been $5 or cheaper to buy physical except for Dead Rising 2 which is a bit more. This program overall is a pretty bad attempt to look good IMO. For those of you who havent played these old games, Ill just assume you never had an interest in them to begin with. They were all good games when they came out, but some of them dont seem as good as they were near release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back