XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I believe every level regardless of mode is randomly generated since that was their most touted feature beyond crazy levels. I'm curious how well it really adapts to each individual's skill. The thing with my level 77 level is it was all in the cloud, well sky. :p Besides the solid ground for the entrance and exit points I had to jump on platforms that fell once I jumped on them so there was no stopping point after that first hop. I had to skip certain platforms and switch between a regular jump and a big jump often so it felt like an even stricter emphasis on timing than most levels I'd encountered. Did I mention there were giant swinging spikes above and below every platform? Mastering the timing to get all the gems and not die was difficult but once I got it perfect it was much easier. Still took time to not miss a single gem. I'm sure soon levels will be too difficult enough for me to bother with all gems but they do show you the recommended path for completion. After that were a few more pogo levels then it switched to the normal Bob and that threw me off since he didn't jump as far. I don't look forward to Phase Bob next chapter for that reason. :/ You seem to put a lot of stuff in your cloud ;)
Oh I have a level exactly like that. Like you say, you had to pay attention to when you did a short jump and when you needed an extra jump, right?

That one was a bitch, but I figured out what I was doing wrong, I was going too quickly which was screwing up the timing on a couple of the swinging spikes at the end. Once I figured to just slow down a little bit I got right through it.

I gave up collecting all the gems a long time ago in story mode haha. In the arcade modes they're far more important for high scores, but in story I think they only involve buying powerups, which I'm hoping I don't need to do.

Nice. First month that I have neither game. So glad I didn't pick up Dead Rising: Case Zero when it went on sale a while back, so that is new too. I hope that time limit you guys are talking about in Dead Rising isn't too extreme. I hate timed things in games. I always want to stop and check the area out and speeding through games is't fun unless its Mario Kart. I always get left behind in WoW because Im checking out the scenary or reading the quest. :bouncy:
The time limit is weird and only affects the story mode. The Dead Rising games are sort of intended for you to play through a few times, leveling up your character each time and saving more survivors each time. For those unfamiliar with the game you are given main missions where you have to show up at a certain place by a certain time in the game, otherwise you need to track down side missions or rescue missions in between those times. If you show up early to these main missions you often miss out on side missions as many have to be completed at various intervals. And if you fail to show up and complete a main mission then you stop getting main missions and you have entirely closed off the story to yourself. But at any given time you can restart the game and keep the level that you're at. That's sort of what the game is about. To play it the way it was intended you will probably run through a few attempts at the story, mess up, start the thing a few times, replay the missions until you complete the actual story mode of the game. Otherwise it's pretty much a sandbox (or open-world as let's not start that argument again) - and actually once you mess up on the story mode you can just have fun in the open world doing crazy stuff and having a laugh.

Nice. First month that I have neither game. So glad I didn't pick up Dead Rising: Case Zero when it went on sale a while back, so that is new too. I hope that time limit you guys are talking about in Dead Rising isn't too extreme. I hate timed things in games. I always want to stop and check the area out and speeding through games is't fun unless its Mario Kart. I always get left behind in WoW because Im checking out the scenary or reading the quest. :bouncy:
Time isn't bad in DR2. Only time it really gets tight is when you go for some of the harder achievements, like saving 50 survivors or killing 72,000 zombies in one game. Generally you can dick around some and even still the S rank, you just have to take care of story missions first. Though if you want to do lots of exploring or messing around, you're better off failing the story, building up some experience, then going for New Game + once your ready.

I'm sure this'll get deleted soon enough, but does any know if Shadowrun and/or Lost Planet 2 would work on a US 360 if I can get a Gold German account?
Lost Planet 2 definitely not. Needs a VPN (as we learnt last week with the previous Capcom sale). Shadowrun I don't know. But seriously that game is like $3 used so it's likely not worth the month of gold.

The Forza 4 November Speed Pack is back to full price since the corresponding ALMS challenge is over and a new one has begun for August which requires a car from the Meguiar's Pack (hence the discount on that pack).  Sadly, I think there will not be another proper sale on Forza DLC because of this 25% off the required pack for the ALMS competition pattern.

Or am I wrong and this means no more free games after December ??
The free games you get now are supposed to last forever, as in you will never lose them.

This "Games for Gold" promotion is only scheduled to go through December 31.

Major nelson also said that this offer maybe extended further (longer than 31. december) but no details were given yet...
Mind sourcing that? I've never seen any mention of a possible extension to the program.

The free games you get now are supposed to last forever, as in you will never lose them.

This "Games for Gold" promotion is only scheduled to go through December 31.

Mind sourcing that? I've never seen any mention of a possible extension to the program.
It was on reddit when everybody was complaining about defense grid..also some news site picked it up after that staright from the reddit thread..let me see if I can find it again...

Don't forget to grab the 2 bonus DLC for crackdown for free.
I kind of hope the CD1 paid DLC and CD2/DLC also go on sale like how there was an Assassin's Creed sale to coincide with AC2. Same with the Dead Rising franchise when that goes "Games with Gold."

Found it but as always...this isn't something you really could rely on...:http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/01/microsoft-might-extend-free-xbox-gold-games-offer-is-sorry-about-dissapointment/

Anything is possible as answer to the question if it might be extended if the program goes well could also mean "we have no idea and won't clarify that yet" lol

here is the full conversation: http://www.reddit.com/r/xbox360/comments/1he1ht/games_with_gold_for_july_1_defense_grid/catfs8u
Yeah it's definitely a "we'll see..." but it's not a firm no. Obviously XBox One games won't be a part of this program, but I wouldn't mind seeing them extend the program as a way to support Xbox 360 owners.

Thanks.

I kind of hope the CD1 paid DLC and CD2/DLC also go on sale like how there was an Assassin's Creed sale to coincide with AC2. Same with the Dead Rising franchise when that goes "Games with Gold."
Yeah, I hope they continue to discount related content and wish they'd started earlier. I would've liked to have finally picked up Knothole Island for Fable II and You Monster for Defense Grid.

Def want You Monster. GLaDOS is the best. Love when they put little things from other games in games.

Also Assassin's Creed 2 is still free for those who forgot to get it. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Assassins-Creed-II/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025553083b

And for those with huge backlogs that includes Darksiders 2, the free DLC code expires this month so don't forget to open it and use it. The website on the card is wrong. I posted the correct info but I can't find my old posts it only goes back a few posts. is there a way to search all my posts?

Def want You Monster. GLaDOS is the best. Love when they put little things from other games in games.

Also Assassin's Creed 2 is still free for those who forgot to get it. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Assassins-Creed-II/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025553083b

And for those with huge backlogs that includes Darksiders 2, the free DLC code expires this month so don't forget to open it and use it. The website on the card is wrong. I posted the correct info but I can't find my old posts it only goes back a few posts. is there a way to search all my posts?
AC 2 is showing up as $19.99 for me. :( Anyone have any ideas, or did I miss out?

This is the URL: http://community.darksiders.com/tomb

AC 2 is showing up as $19.99 for me. :( Anyone have any ideas, or did I miss out?
You missed it. ;)

Talking about Darksiders II, 360 version currently has two unobtainable achievements (in case anyone care). Servers of the game are currently down and you cannot send a gift (weapon/armor) to friend.

Ugh, can't purchase Crackdown through the webpage right now, it pops an error message. I guess that everybody's buying it right now, so the servers are overheated :D Will try again in some minutes.

Ugh, can't purchase Crackdown through the webpage right now, it pops an error message. I guess that everybody's buying it right now, so the servers are overheating :D Will try again in some minutes.
Game is IP blocked for some regions, probably that's the problem. Same goes to Case Zero.

Game is IP blocked for some regions, probably that's the problem. Same goes to Case Zero.
It's not that, the game is available in my region, and everything goes well until I change the payment method to MSP (I don't have a card in my X360) and pay with them (free), then the purchase won't complete and pops an error. It's the first time such thing ever happens to me, but I guess (hope) that it will be fixed soon.

It's not that, the game is available in my region, and everything goes well until I change the payment method to MSP (I don't have a card in my X360) and pay with them (free), then the purchase won't complete and pops an error. It's the first time such thing ever happens to me, but I guess (hope) that it will be fixed soon.
I get the same error ''purchase cannot be completed at this time...'' on xbox.com, then tried from dashboard and says that the game is not available for my region.

I get the same error ''purchase cannot be completed at this time...'' on xbox.com, then tried from dashboard and says that the game is not available for my region.
Hmmm, interesting. I've no acces to my console right now, since I'm overseas. My console account is spanish but I'm in England right now. Maybe that's the problem. I haven't thought about that.

edit: I tried to purchase it through the english webpage, but got the same error message. I won't return to my country until the last week of august, so I guess I'll be unable to get this free game :oldman: ?

That's odd.  I can "purchase" Crackdown from my console and it's added to my queue, but it's missing from my history and the option to purchase is still showing in the marketplace instead of the option to download again.

That's odd. I can "purchase" Crackdown from my console and it's added to my queue, but it's missing from my history and the option to purchase is still showing in the marketplace instead of the option to download again.
Too many problems with this download then, I'll try again tomorrow. After all, we have two weeks to purchase it, there is no hurry... yet.

Hmmm, interesting. I've no acces to my console right now, since I'm overseas. My console account is spanish but I'm in England right now. Maybe that's the problem. I haven't thought about that.

edit: I tried to purchase it through the english webpage, but got the same error message. I won't return to my country until the last week of august, so I guess I'll be unable to get this free game :oldman: ?
Yeah that's actually what the problem is - it's that you need a VPN to download certain content in other regions. But it's not just that an IP address check is done on your console when you buy from the marketplace there it's also the same when you try to purchase something off the Xbox.com website as it checks the IP address. So, for instance, if you have an American account and happen to be in Europe and try to buy something on your American account but it is content that otherwise can't be purchased in another country due to an IP address lock then you cannot purchase it abroad. Basically you have two options. Wait until you get home and purchase then, which for Crackdown seems like it isn't a choice for you as you won't be back in Britain in time. Or get a friend or family member to log in to your MS account back home and have them purchase it for you.

With Crackdown the problem you're running into is that you're a Brit in Spain and Crackdown is a game that requires VPN to download from other regions. I'm not sure if it violates the TOS to log in online through a browser on Xbox.com through a British VPN, it might. But as I said the easiest thing to do is ask a mate, ask a family member, or even ask someone on here from the UK who you trust to log into your account and grab it for you. But just so you know, for future reference, that even things that do not require a VPN but are either PAL or NTSC-U/J region locked fall under this category of often unable to purchase it aboard. So for instance even though I had a Canadian Xbox account that I kept when I moved to Australia, when it came time to purchase Divinity II on that GoD sale a few weeks back I had to get someone off this site to help me do it back in North America because it assumed that since I am in Australia and logging in from there that I have a PAL region 360 and therefore that NTSC-U content would not play on it (I brought my NTSC-U 360 here and just bought a new power block so this was my only option to play that game as local copies and Australian marketplace copies won't work on my 360). So this is something to keep in mind as well. It's not just IP address but also region locking as well that comes into play. And even legitimate purchases can be problematic when you're on vacation abroad.

Can't wait to play crackdown again, so much over the top fun.
Agreed - and it got better as you level up your character skills. I never actually finished it back in the day - only because it was so massive. Tons to do! Looking forward to jumping rooftops once again!

Watched a game play video last night of Crackdown because I had never played it. It reminded me of Prototype 2. Am I wrong in getting that vibe?

Thanks for the reminder! I almost forgot about this. Got lost in my CAG-induced backlog! :whee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back