XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the visuals are nothing special, and the music is atrocious. The gameplay is really addictive though, I played through about 200 levels last night.
While I agree with the Visuals, I actually thought the music was pretty good, I've only done around 100 levels overall though, but I'm having a lot of fun in the free mode with all the various options they have, it's worth the $10.

Don't think this has been posted, but is relevant to the curator Coach Mcguirk, as it is a new XBLA title available on disc. Terraria CE edition for $40. Seems way overpriced for the game+a few trinkets, but someone might be interested.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/terraria-collectors-edition/110358?loc=newgamereleases

I havent played Terraria but I hear nothing but good things, especially if you like minecraft at all. But what i DONT need right now is another time suck game. I just finished Deus Ex HR for the first time ever over the weekend. The wife was out of town and I got totally sucked in, played it most of the day on saturday. A few flaws, but really nice looking and fun game. I did not go the stealth route though, I've learned I just dont have the patience for stealth games.

While I agree with the Visuals, I actually thought the music was pretty good, I've only done around 100 levels overall though, but I'm having a lot of fun in the free mode with all the various options they have, it's worth the $10.
I'll admit that I'm not a fan of techno/electronic/whatever it is in Cloudberry Kingdom. But besides not really being a fan of the genre, I really don't think that the music fits the tone of the game at all. I think they should have gone with some old school platform-style music, maybe something similar to the Scott Pilgrim game.

Just my opinion though. I don't discuss music too much (be it in games or on the radio or anything) because people's tastes in music is so varied.

Don't think this has been posted, but is relevant to the curator Coach Mcguirk, as it is a new XBLA title available on disc. Terraria CE edition for $40. Seems way overpriced for the game+a few trinkets, but someone might be interested.

I havent played Terraria but I heard good things, especially if you like minecraft at all. But what i DONT need right now is another time suck game. I just finished Deus Ex HR for the first time ever over the weekend. The wife was out of town and I got totally sucked in, played it most of the day on saturday. A few flaws, but really nice looking and fun game. I did not go the stealth route though, I've learned I just dont have the patience for stealth games.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/terraria-collectors-edition/110358?loc=newgamereleases
Funny you should mention it, it's especially relevant to me not only as the OP of this thread but because Terraria is probably the best game I've played in the last 2 or 3 years, it's one of my absolute favorite games of this generation. You're right, it's a HUGE time suck game, I would lose hours just mining and crafting and exploring. I enjoyed it a lot more than Minecraft because it gave you actual bosses and goals. (To be fair, I played Minecraft for the first time on 360 right when it released, I haven't gone back to it since the updates came out). It also makes the mining and exploring a little bit easier because it's a 2D world and you can see where you're going a little bit better, and find precious ore easier.

You're right $40 is overpriced for that set when you can get the game itself for $15. Xbox 360 lucked out in this case though, the 360 actually gets a game disc with Terraria on it, the PS3 version is only a download code. Since I already have Terraria on PSN, I'm hoping this set will drop into the $20 range (or I can just find the game and case for $20) and I'll rebuy it just because I'd love to have a Terraria box on my shelf.

WOW NICE!

The next set of free games for Xbox Live Members in August will be Crackdown, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero.

Starting tomorrow (August 1st) the award winning Xbox 360 exclusive Crackdown (Normally 800 points) will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members through August 15th .

Then on August 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can grab BOTH Dear Rising 2 (Normally US $14.99) and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (Normally 400 points) for free.

As a reminder, the “Games With Gold” program gives Xbox LIVE Gold Members 2 free games to keep each month. A new title will be available the 1st and 16th of each month.

Follow me on Twitter to find out what games will be free each month.

I have Crackdown and Case Zero but never actually picked up DR2 on 360, so I'm definitely in for that, glad to see something I don't own showing up for free :D

I'll admit that I'm not a fan of techno/electronic/whatever it is in Cloudberry Kingdom. But besides not really being a fan of the genre, I really don't think that the music fits the tone of the game at all. I think they should have gone with some old school platform-style music, maybe something similar to the Scott Pilgrim game.

Just my opinion though. I don't discuss music too much (be it in games or on the radio or anything) because people's tastes in music is so varied.
That's understandable, even though I like the music I know what you mean about it not necessarily fitting with the genre of the game, always nice to be able to use a custom soundtrack with a game like that as well though! And yeah I know what you mean with everyone liking different music!

Damn, wish it was Case West.  Already have Case Zero.

Oh well, at least DR2 will be new to me.

Let's see if I can get it in the OP before a new thread is started!

I am actually really happy about this because someone stole my copy of Dead Rising 2. I still have the case from the Zombrex edition and even the bonus disc, but I cannot find the game.

Perhaps if someone out there gets this game for free with this offer they can give me their disc if they no longer want it?   :bouncy:

If I abbreviated (Gold) in the title post to (G) or (G*) or something like that, do you think that would be OK?  Or do you think that would just confuse the shit out of everyone?

If I abbreviated (Gold) in the title post to (G) or (G*) or something like that, do you think that would be OK? Or do you think that would just confuse the shit out of everyone?
You could try reformatting to remove some of the redundancies with the words free and gold.

FREE AC2 LAST DAY (Gold) | 8/1 FREE Crackdown (Gold) | 8/16 FREE Dead Rising (Gold)

Free Gold Games: AC2 (last day), 8/1 Crackdown, 8/16 Dead Rising

Not necessarily exactly like I did it, but just an example of how it'll free up characters.

That's good thinking!  Thanks!

It's not that I'm dying for space in the title (especially this week) but it's always good to keep things as brief as possible while still getting the message across.

That's boss we get DR2 + DR2-cz at the same time.

I'm impressed we get both but on the other hand its a shame not both dlc are included or OTR.

I don't own any of the august games!

I own all the Dead Rising games, so that sucks. I'll still download DR2 so I don't need my disc though. Can't be too mad considering I didn't own any of the other games released yet.

Apparently we get Shadowrun and Lost Planet 2 instead over here(Germany)...I'm not even mad, already got Case Zero (and case west) from one of my trips to Austria =P

These are the first game giveaways that I'm happy with. Never played crackdown but it's so often praised that I've been curious. DR2 I bought, beat, and sold long ago so getting it back for free is nice.

Already have zero and case west though.

Dead rising has always been fun in limited amounts but they do something wrong with it that takes the fun away. The constant pressure to save people gets in the way of zombie slashing fun. I wish there was a free play mode with no story just an open playground to kill in.

Dead rising has always been fun in limited amounts but they do something wrong with it that takes the fun away. The constant pressure to save people gets in the way of zombie slashing fun. I wish there was a free play mode with no story just an open playground to kill in.
Not that it does you any good with DR2 vanilla being free, but DR2 Off the Record added exactly that and it is the best thing to happen to the franchise since it was conceived, IMO. I'm stoked for DR3 knowing that I won't have to be constantly rushing around and protecting survivors.

I usually ignore the survivors and run around killing zombies with crafted weapons. If I were you, I'd keep 2 saves. One for messing around and one for saving people/story stuff.

When I saw the title I was really hoping it would be crackdown 2 for free.  But its not :whistle2:( .

I will probably pick up dead rising 2 though.  Never played the first one because of the steep dificulty curve, but I will try the 2nd one for free.

When I saw the title I was really hoping it would be crackdown 2 for free. But its not :whistle2:( .

I will probably pick up dead rising 2 though. Never played the first one because of the steep dificulty curve, but I will try the 2nd one for free.
I personally liked Crackdown 2 better, also. However, Crackdown is still worth playing even in this age. It's still a very solid sandbox game. It has a lot of cool things that I missed when I started playing Crackdown 2, like transforming cars by level, impounding cars, and other cool things. Both are really great games assuming you like the premise.

Finally a game I don't own! I'm happy we're getting Dead Rising 2. I already owned every other game given including both DR2 Case Zero and Case West. I'll have to get started on those so I can start DR2 at level 5. :)

Just played Cloudberry Kingdom for the past 2 hours or so. It's decent. Yeah the graphics suck and the limited music tracks are disappointing. It's not quite as difficult as all the videos yet.

I got to around level 50 in arcade mode with the first 2 characters. Each character has a unique ability like using a jet pack, rolling in a ball, jumping higher, etc. It mixes up the gameplay a bit. You start with 15 lives and earn more as you collect gems. It ends when you run out of lives. Get far enough and unlock more characters.

Then I played through the first 2 chapters of campaign. This mode gives unlimited lives. It changes characters occasionally. I didn't have much trouble with the levels except number 77. You're Bouncy, a guy who's basically on a pogo stick. I was able to get a Perfect (collect all gems) for every level quickly, but I kept missing 1-2 gems on this one including the last. I almost quit after a ridiculous amount of tries but finally got it. I'm a masochist according to my friend lol.

These are the first game giveaways that I'm happy with. Never played crackdown but it's so often praised that I've been curious. DR2 I bought, beat, and sold long ago so getting it back for free is nice.

Already have zero and case west though.

The pressure is what makes the games enjoyable. Once you turn it off your facing (literally) brain dead enemies who barely put a fight.

Finally a game I don't own! I'm happy we're getting Dead Rising 2. I already owned every other game given including both DR2 Case Zero and Case West. I'll have to get started on those so I can start DR2 at level 5. :) Just played Cloudberry Kingdom for the past 2 hours or so. It's decent. Yeah the graphics suck and the limited music tracks are disappointing. It's not quite as difficult as all the videos yet. I got to around level 50 in arcade mode with the first 2 characters. Each character has a unique ability like using a jet pack, rolling in a ball, jumping higher, etc. It mixes up the gameplay a bit. You start with 15 lives and earn more as you collect gems. It ends when you run out of lives. Get far enough and unlock more characters. Then I played through the first 2 chapters of campaign. This mode gives unlimited lives. It changes characters occasionally. I didn't have much trouble with the levels except number 77. You're Bouncy, a guy who's basically on a pogo stick. I was able to get a Perfect (collect all gems) for every level quickly, but I kept missing 1-2 gems on this one including the last. I almost quit after a ridiculous amount of tries but finally got it. I'm a masochist according to my friend lol.
I was under the assumption that even the Story levels in Cloudberry Kingdom were generated randomly, so your level 77 should have been at least some what different than my level 77. I could be mistaken though.

Anyways, yeah the pogo levels were extremely tough for me as well. There's another character type called "Phase Bob" in Chapter 3 that continually switches between tiny and huge. I had a real struggle with some of those levels as well.

As someone with the "Cloud to Butt" extension for google chrome, please can we all keep talking about this new release?
Haha that is a really weird extension. I guess it's because cloud is such a buzzword that people are sick of hearing it.

Regardless, I love the cloud. I put all of my excel spreadsheets in the cloud. I put all my documents in the cloud. I put all my pictures in the cloud. My girlfriend and even my mom have asked me to put their stuff in the cloud! And boy, have I put lot of weird stuff in the cloud for them!

At this point, I wish I could even put material things in the cloud. Not big things like tables or chairs, but I wish I could fit smaller things like cell phones and iPods in the cloud. That way I could have them everywhere and pull them out of the cloud whenever I wanted, especially so I could show them off to other people. Maybe one day the cloud will be able to handle those type of things!

...hope that worked. ;)

I really would like that MS gives us for free Saints Row 3. I don't have Crackdown or DR2, so I'm good with both of them, though I don't particularly want to play them.

It looks like I'll wait at least another month to upgrade to Gold. I'll even take a game I don't want at this point, as long as its a game I don't already own.

The pressure is what makes the games enjoyable. Once you turn it off your facing (literally) brain dead enemies who barely put a fight.
I feel the same way. The time-sensitive nature of everything, along with the replayability it encourages, is what makes this game series fun. Mowing down zombies with various tools is great, of course, but it would get old quickly without any context. Everyone hailed the sandbox mode in DR2:OTR as the greatest thing ever, but it just felt empty to me and I went back to story mode as soon as I finished the challenges for achievements.

I really would like that MS gives us for free Saints Row 3. I don't have Crackdown or DR2, so I'm good with both of them, though I don't particularly want to play them.
Agree with Saints Row 3-even though you can get it in the Humble Deep Silver Bundle on Steam. It's odd that they picked these two which basically means that even M-Rated games can be picked. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Red Dead Redemption and Dead or Alive 4. Resident Evil 4 HD would also be nice.

Agree with Saints Row 3-even though you can get it in the Humble Deep Silver Bundle on Steam. It's odd that they picked these two which basically means that even M-Rated games can be picked. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Red Dead Redemption and Dead or Alive 4. Resident Evil 4 HD would also be nice.

Well AC2 and Halo 3 are both rated M, so I don't think they ever said this would be family fair ;)

I'm upgrading to gold on Aug,16th or at the end of the month of Aug. So i can take advantage of September's free games. I haven't bought DR2; i totally loved DR2:OTR.

What are the chances that they give away Street fight 4 (vanilla version) out?

i'd hate if they gave SR3. it should be games that are either exclusives or semi exclusives. the list so far has been alright. already got SR3 for less than a dollar on PC and it's already on PS+; silly to just offer more comparisons to those platforms by giving the same games. RDR would be amazing, i expect gears 2, i think shadow complex would be a great giveaway, they really shouldn't focus on games like AC that every system has

[quote name="tylerh1701" post="10950360" timestamp="1375303855"]
I was under the assumption that even the Story levels in Cloudberry Kingdom were generated randomly, so your level 77 should have been at least some what different than my level 77. I could be mistaken though.

Anyways, yeah the pogo levels were extremely tough for me as well. There's another character type called "Phase Bob" in Chapter 3 that continually switches between tiny and huge. I had a real struggle with some of those levels as well.

*lots of cloud stuff*[/quote]
Yeah I believe every level regardless of mode is randomly generated since that was their most touted feature beyond crazy levels. I'm curious how well it really adapts to each individual's skill.

The thing with my level 77 level is it was all in the cloud, well sky. :p Besides the solid ground for the entrance and exit points I had to jump on platforms that fell once I jumped on them so there was no stopping point after that first hop. I had to skip certain platforms and switch between a regular jump and a big jump often so it felt like an even stricter emphasis on timing than most levels I'd encountered. Did I mention there were giant swinging spikes above and below every platform? Mastering the timing to get all the gems and not die was difficult but once I got it perfect it was much easier. Still took time to not miss a single gem. I'm sure soon levels will be too difficult enough for me to bother with all gems but they do show you the recommended path for completion.

After that were a few more pogo levels then it switched to the normal Bob and that threw me off since he didn't jump as far. I don't look forward to Phase Bob next chapter for that reason. :/

You seem to put a lot of stuff in your cloud ;)

i'd hate if they gave SR3. it should be games that are either exclusives or semi exclusives. the list so far has been alright. already got SR3 for less than a dollar on PC and it's already on PS+; silly to just offer more comparisons to those platforms by giving the same games. RDR would be amazing, i expect gears 2, i think shadow complex would be a great giveaway, they really shouldn't focus on games like AC that every system has
Shadow Complex would be a great giveaway except I'm entirely sure that 90% of people own it by now. I think they should look at some of their statistics (I'm sure they're able to do it as every company spends a gazillion dollars on marketing). They should see what games the majority of Gold subscribers do not have in their achievement score list or purchase history and give those games out (dependent on quality - I don't want to be stuck with horrid Kinect games that no one bought).

I'm confused as to why you would want them to give our RDR if it's not an exclusive as according you seem to argue in favour of exclusives only, though maybe what you mean is that they shouldn't give out games on PS+. I disagree with that as I would love to get Spec Ops: The Line for instance or another game that PS+ has given out. Perhaps in those situations they should do what they are doing with DR2 and lump it with an XBLA game. Either way this is all win/win for anyone other than people with crazy backlogs who own all of these games (though DR2 was something I thankfully avoided buying literally 2 weeks ago for $10). Here in Australia you can easily find RDR second-hand for $10 btw. Probably the same wherever you are.

Well i still havent finish orb hunting in Crackdown. only missing one which will continue to haunt me, and i have only rented Dead Rising 2 so looking forward to that one. I love the promotion for the simple fact that my step son now gets to play all the games he hasent had a chance to and fill his hard drive up, and leave my collection alone lol.

Nice. First month that I have neither game. So glad I didn't pick up Dead Rising: Case Zero when it went on sale a while back, so that is new too. I hope that time limit you guys are talking about in Dead Rising isn't too extreme. I hate timed things in games. I always want to stop and check the area out and speeding through games is't fun unless its Mario Kart. I always get left behind in WoW because Im checking out the scenary or reading the quest. :bouncy: 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back