XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the World Series of Poker "Beta" but it's the full game.

Honestly, it's the exact same thing as Full House Poker but with Microtransactions, slow down, and lag

Not impressed at all

^^ That's disappointing to hear.  What are the microtransactions for?  Buying outfits, card decks, chip tricks, etc. for your avatar?

^^ That's disappointing to hear. What are the microtransactions for? Buying outfits, card decks, chip tricks, etc. for your avatar?
You get a certain amount of chips "free" each day added to your total. If you're over level 50 and you want more then you have to earn them in multiplayer or buy them with cash. You can't earn chips or XP in single player mode. You can use chips to buy everything you mentioned plus XP boosts. I'm almost level 80 and haven't spent any cash on the game, but then again I haven't unlocked a lot of the things that cost chips like chip tricks and outfits.

The old game is much better IMO, but others may disagree.

Quick question concerning the Skyrim DLC's. Does anybody know if the Legendary Edition of the game allows you to install the expansions to your hard drive and play them with your vanilla version ala Fallout, Oblivion, etc?

I on the other hand will go against that advice. I need SHORT games. I can't afford to keep adding long games to my already enormous backlog.
Don't get me wrong, I like short games too (also have a big backlog). That's not the reason I prefer Gunslinger, it's because it seems more funny. Besides, Gunslinger isn't too long (about 5 to 7 hours according to howlongtobeat.com).

Of course i have everything from next week deals as well. CoJ Gunslinger is highly recommended for everyone. Enjoyed that much more than Blood Dragon. While the main missions in FC Blood Dragon are good, they are only 3-4 and on top of that pretty short. Everything else is collecting stuff and some side missions, which are the same as the ones in main FC3.

Apparently Castle of Illusions XBLA/PSN is not a good remake. :(

http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/castle_of_illusion_mickey_mouse_review.html

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/03/castle-of-illusion-starring-mickey-mouse-review-disney-hd-3948278/
I see your reviews and counter with two that speak of it in a more positive manner

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/review/a511641/castle-of-illusion-review-360-hd-revival-is-classic-disney-magic.html

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/03/castle-of-illusion-review/

I think you're talking about The Gunstringer rather than Call of Juarez: The Gunslinger.

I have, and still will, praise gunslinger. Its just off bit comedy writing (like virtually all twisted pixel games) and easy but fun gameplay. Simple enough to play with kids without getting frustrated yet still be fun for you. Its not an amazing you have to play it game, but I would definitely give it a hidden gem game. Especially if you have kids

In all if you sit down and play it straight through its 5ish hours. May be able to shave that down lower.

The Naughty Bear tile on the sales page on the dashboard is for Panic in Paradise (Arcade game) while the 1st game is actually on sale, (Games on Demand) just in case anyone is confused or so they don't think they're buying the other.

And related: I'll defend Naughty Bear, I think it's great fun, the first can get very repetitive but is still pretty good. The sequel, PiP, is improved greatly and is "stuffed" with way more content than the first game.

MLB Nicktoons plays mostly like the Bigs.  Kinect controls for hitting, pitching, and fielding work well.  Easy 1000 Gamerscore.  For $3, it's worth it.  

Wow, they really have the next two weeks packed with stuff. Looks like you're gonna have to do an overhaul on your list again Tyler. It's funny how the list has shrunk so much over just the last year.

I'd say the only weak link is this DotW, yet ANOTHER Call of Duty sale (that doesn't even include any DLC), at ridiculously inflated prices. CoD Classic is @ $10 instead of $15, when it usually goes to $7.50, nevermind the fact that it should be lower by now.

Excited at the idea of Alien Hominid and Battleblock Theatre being on sale finally, and their various DLCs. Here's hoping!

Edit: By the way, the Forza Horizon Season Pass DOES include the Rally Expansion Pack (which has 250 GS, and normally costs $20) for free.

The Season Pass includes all the DLC (as well as 5 exclusive cars) EXCEPT:

-The VIP Membership & Car Pack (comes with LCE version of the game, is available for $10 on Marketplace)

-The 1000 Club Expansion Pack (free on Marketplace, comes with 250 extra GS, challenges and cars)

-The Honda Civic Car Challenge Pack (free on Marketplace, comes with 3 cars)

-The Pre-Order Bonus Car Pack (comes with 5 previously pre-order exclusive cars, is available for $5 on Marketplace)

-The Viper GTS (with Horizon livery), the Ford Shelby GT500 (with Rockstar livery), and Ford Mustang Boss 302 (with Pizza Hut livery), each of these cars are free but only included via various promotions.

And yeah, M$ delisting the Forza 3 DLC around the release of the Forza Rewards beta (a Halo Waypoint for Forza) is odd. Was there a reward for buying DLC for Forza 3 included in the Rewards program?

Either they marked down the DLC for a fire sale prior to delisting (like with Ben 10: Rise of Hex), or they just took it off so they can re-license the content (and hopefully the Forza 2 dlc?).

Sucks that the Stig's Garage Pack code in the Ultimate edition is expired, I actually had planned to buy it soon but had never gotten around to it. I got the VIP pack and the Community Classics one during a sale ages ago, luckily.

Fortunately, the rest of the DLC is available for unlimited downloads/installs from the second disc in the Ultimate Edition, so you guys shouldn't be too upset. Plenty of new copies of that floating about.

The Naughty Bear tile on the sales page on the dashboard is for Panic in Paradise (Arcade game) while the 1st game is actually on sale, (Games on Demand) just in case anyone is confused or so they don't think they're buying the other.

And related: I'll defend Naughty Bear, I think it's great fun, the first can get very repetitive but is still pretty good. The sequel, PiP, is improved greatly and is "stuffed" with way more content than the first game.
Does anyone know if the GoD is the glitchy Gold Edition? At this price, I'm considering it unless it's the Gold Edition.

*sigh*  I think CoD Classic is overpriced.  $10.  I played that to death on PC and wouldn't mind nabbing it but... I mean, look at the list of games released after it.

That's not a bad group of games currently under the Back To School Sale though.  I don't know that there's anything there to make me jump on them, but... I'd bite on Monaco if I had more people willing to play it with me offline.

I've said good things about it before but, for for 200/$2.50 Quarrel is a very good game you'll get a decent amount of play out of.  I grabbed it last time it was 50% off

Can anyone comment on Blacklight Tango Down - is there any community left? Is it a decent MP shooter or should I just stick with COD/Halo/etc?
Community for that game was on life support when it came out (biggest XBLA regret I ever had.)

Anyone interested in that game went to the new F2P sequel on PC that is also coming to PS4 next year.

Wow, they really have the next two weeks packed with stuff. Looks like you're gonna have to do an overhaul on your list again Tyler. It's funny how the list has shrunk so much over just the last year.

I'd say the only weak link is this DotW, yet ANOTHER Call of Duty sale (that doesn't even include any DLC), at ridiculously inflated prices. CoD Classic is @ $10 instead of $15, when it usually goes to $7.50, nevermind the fact that it should be lower by now.

Excited at the idea of Alien Hominid and Battleblock Theatre being on sale finally, and their various DLCs. Here's hoping!

Edit: By the way, the Forza Horizon Season Pass DOES include the Rally Expansion Pack (which has 250 GS, and normally costs $20) for free.

The Season Pass includes all the DLC (as well as 5 exclusive cars) EXCEPT:

-The VIP Membership & Car Pack (comes with LCE version of the game, is available for $10 on Marketplace)
-The 1000 Club Expansion Pack (free on Marketplace, comes with 250 extra GS, challenges and cars)
-The Honda Civic Car Challenge Pack (free on Marketplace, comes with 3 cars)
-The Pre-Order Bonus Car Pack (comes with 5 previously pre-order exclusive cars, is available for $5 on Marketplace)
-The Viper GTS (with Horizon livery), the Ford Shelby GT500 (with Rockstar livery), and Ford Mustang Boss 302 (with Pizza Hut livery), each of these cars are free but only included via various promotions.

And yeah, M$ delisting the Forza 3 DLC around the release of the Forza Rewards beta (a Halo Waypoint for Forza) is odd. Was there a reward for buying DLC for Forza 3 included in the Rewards program?
Either they marked down the DLC for a fire sale prior to delisting (like with Ben 10: Rise of Hex), or they just took it off so they can re-license the content (and hopefully the Forza 2 dlc?).

Sucks that the Stig's Garage Pack code in the Ultimate edition is expired, I actually had planned to buy it soon but had never gotten around to it. I got the VIP pack and the Community Classics one during a sale ages ago, luckily.

Fortunately, the rest of the DLC is available for unlimited downloads/installs from the second disc in the Ultimate Edition, so you guys shouldn't be too upset. Plenty of new copies of that floating about.
I could care less about the Rally expansion and just want the DLC cars and will skip this sale. Already bought the two monthly packs that went on sale previously and will hold out for the others.

If you're planning on buying Hard Corps: Uprising, do it after finishing the demo for extra in-game currency. Exactly how much extra, I don't know. I was too late to follow this piece of advice.

I'd link to the thread where I read about it but I haven't posted enough to be allowed to do so. I could be a spambot, you know...

P.S. It was over at NeoGAF.

I'm looking forward to Foul Play on the 18th.  I tried it at PAX and it's a fun beat-em-up like Castle Crashers or Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds.

Blacklight: Tango Down is online only right? I wouldn't suggest getting that if there's no bot mode or something
Community for that game was on life support when it came out (biggest XBLA regret I ever had.)
This. You should never buy an online/multiplayer-only XBLA title. The community is always small and dies quickly. If you think a game is worth playing for one week during its release, then buy it on release week. Otherwise, it's a waste of money from my experience.

Did Hybrid have bots?

Not gonna lie, I bought that when it came out and played it a lot. Had a great time with that one, but I'll admit I only played it for a month or so I think, didn't pay full price for it though, so I was satisfied

Damn, was looking into Dead Space 3 DLC (which is sort of confusing as to what's included with what) and apparently Slim Jim had a promotion that just ended on Aug. 31st that was giving out 3 exclusive weapons. :/

Also, for those of you who are confused by what DLC is included in what:

If you have the Limited Edition DLCs, Awakened expansion pack, and the Tau Volantis Survival Pack, you're only missing the Enervator (Amazon pre-order bonus), EG-900 SMG (Gamestop pre-order bonus), Bot Personality pack, Bot Capacity upgrade and the Slim Jim weapon DLCs (not on Marketplace).

Sucks that more Tomb Raider DLC isn't on sale, here's hoping for another Square-Enix sale on the horizon.

Glad to see ME3 dlc on sale even if it's not all of it, my patience was at least rewarded before the new consoles hit.

Hear that? That's the sound of my overstuffed Harddrive exploding.

With the Xbox One almost here, it would sure be nice if Microsoft patched the 360 to accept larger flash drives. I already have two full 32GB drives and that's not even counting a dozen GoDs I haven't downloaded.

C'mon MS, do the right thing for once.

With the Xbox One almost here, it would sure be nice if Microsoft patched the 360 to accept larger flash drives. I already have two full 32GB drives and that's not even counting a dozen GoDs I haven't downloaded.

This! I have actually not purchased some games because my 320GB + 2 32GB USB sticks are nearly full. Wish Microsoft would stop arbitrarily limiting USB storage on the 360. I know I can download games at any time (that is until Microsoft discontinues Xbox Live for the 360). I like to have access to everything all at once and I simply can not do with the limits they have put in place.

Storage anxiety. Definition of a first world problem, I suppose.

I know the feeling, I've finally had to start deleting game content after filling up my 320GB hard drive, 4GB onboard, and 2x 32 USB drives.

I know the feeling, I've finally had to start deleting game content after filling up my 320GB hard drive, 4GB onboard, and 2x 32 USB drives.
I've heavily considered upgrading to a newer model Xbox 360 with 4GB onboard storage so I can get that combination. Glad to hear it works. Waiting for the inevitable price drop of the 4GB models.

Next annoyance: Would it hurt Microsoft to put cloud saves in the top of the list of the storage selector?

Do you guys have all that stuff unplayed? Why not delete DLC and stuff once you are done with them? Thats what I do and I have 100 GB free.
Same here. Once a game is done, it's gone. I only keep save files, and maybe some DLCs (the ones that came on disc from GotY editions).

I have my HDD full and a 32GB drive + another 8GB one, so not quite 2 32's but I would still like being able to get bigger storage options as well.

Next annoyance: Would it hurt Microsoft to put cloud saves in the top of the list of the storage selector?
I prefer having my HDD on top, but they should so an option like this where you can sort how your personal storage selector is displayed when it pops up, best for everyone.

If they did that, why would anyone feel the pressure to buy one of their overpriced hard drives? Most gamers don't buy enough to fill up their hard drives - Microsoft would profit more from selling high-margin profit hardware than moving a few more units of licensed software. The software sales they potentially stand to lose is already dubious - you said yourself that you continue to buy games despite not having any room for them. I'm sure that's just fine with them.

If they did that, why would anyone feel the pressure to buy one of their overpriced hard drives? Most gamers don't buy enough to fill up their hard drives - Microsoft would profit more from selling high-margin profit hardware than moving a few more units of licensed software. The software sales they potentially stand to lose is already dubious - you said yourself that you continue to buy games despite not having any room for them. I'm sure that's just fine with them.
Yes, but with the launch of the Xbox One looming, one would assume that they're not cranking out HDs at the rate they were producing before and they're just going through their inventory. Also, with several HD models needed because of the different 360 models, thins can get very complicated. I have a "fat" 360 so I certainly cannot buy one of the newer 320 GB HDs if mine dies. Once the demand for the HDs drops the supply should dry up as well. Microsoft then would really have nothing to gain from these restrictions except dealing with disgruntled customers and warranty claims.

so, as someone who owns none of the XBLA titles on sale right now, any good recommendations?  Thinking about Puzzle Quest and a couple others for sure.  I've already got the major DLC (Skyrim, Leviathan) but dont really buy XBLA games much at all.

Haha and to think i should free up to 15gb until 17th for GTA V... -_-

Do you guys have all that stuff unplayed? Why not delete DLC and stuff once you are done with them? Thats what I do and I have 100 GB free.
I would do that, and then MS would announce a shit load of stuff get's de-listed and they won't let me download from my purchase history.

But yeah I'm hoping in the next few years MS offers a higher storage option for the HD at 1TB even if it runs for $200, that way down the road when it gets cheaper I can pick one up. Or just allow us a external storage option of large space, like the Wii U <gasp>

so, as someone who owns none of the XBLA titles on sale right now, any good recommendations? Thinking about Puzzle Quest and a couple others for sure. I've already got the major DLC (Skyrim, Leviathan) but dont really buy XBLA games much at all.
Depends what you're into.

-Perfect Dark, Beyond Good and Evil, and Castlevania SOTN are a great games if you haven't played any of them.

-Hard Corps: Uprising is essentially a Contra game. Good, but hard as balls.

-Scott Pilgrim is a pretty decent beat-em-up, but to play online you also need a $5 DLC.

-Castlevania HD is a weird hybrid of Castlevania and sort of beat-em-up. It's fun with friends, but online is pretty dead, and it's no fun when the other players are way over-leveled like they usually are.

-Puzzle Quest was a decent game on PC, haven't played it on 360 but it's probably the same.

The rest I haven't played. Thinking about Rocket Knight or Rayman 3. I want I Am Alive and From Dust, but I'm pretty backlogged so I'm going to hope for a lower price at Christmas or something.

so, as someone who owns none of the XBLA titles on sale right now, any good recommendations? Thinking about Puzzle Quest and a couple others for sure. I've already got the major DLC (Skyrim, Leviathan) but dont really buy XBLA games much at all.
Yeah, puzzle quest is fantastic. Definitely an easy buy.

I also have a soft spot for Beyond Good & Evil, but Tyler and a few others will try to talk you out of buying the game because you can't invert the Y-axis. The game plays fine IMO, but let's not have that conversation again. ;)

Motocross Madness is also fun, and a good deal for the price.

Quick question concerning the Skyrim DLC's. Does anybody know if the Legendary Edition of the game allows you to install the expansions to your hard drive and play them with your vanilla version ala Fallout, Oblivion, etc?

I'm 90% sure that's how it works.
Anybody else know about this? I'm seeing conflicting reports when I Google it. Some people are saying that even though you do install it from disc, the DLC for Skyrim LE is "different", and therefore won't work with the original game.

does nicktoons mlb suck? i will get blood dragon too, already bought gunslinger even though i've only beaten arcade mode so far lol, its a great game though highly recommended.

Yeah, puzzle quest is fantastic. Definitely an easy buy.

I also have a soft spot for Beyond Good & Evil, but Tyler and a few others will try to talk you out of buying the game because you can't invert the Y-axis. The game plays fine IMO, but let's not have that conversation again. ;)

Motocross Madness is also fun, and a good deal for the price.
Ditto Puzzle Quest. I bought it the last time it was on sale after passing it up many times. It is super addictive and fun. You'll have no regret biting at that price.

I would do that, and then MS would announce a shit load of stuff get's de-listed and they won't let me download from my purchase history.

But yeah I'm hoping in the next few years MS offers a higher storage option for the HD at 1TB even if it runs for $200, that way down the road when it gets cheaper I can pick one up. Or just allow us a external storage option of large space, like the Wii U <gasp>
Take the stuff you have completed, copy it to a USB stick, then take a backup of everything on that stick on your PC. Then you can delete it on the 360 and if you ever need it back just copy it back over from your PC

I was going to pick up Scott pilgrim until i realized the dlc was needed for online play and wasn't discounted in any way. Boourns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back