XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was Mercury Hg free at some point or did it come on a hard drive - I have it on my console, but xbox.com doesn't show that I purchased it. I purchased the console new - it was a slim with 250 GB HDD. I did transfer my content to it from a fat 360 though.
Look in your download history. You probably bought it from the Sales & Specials App.

Definitely save up point for BattleBlock Theater, that game is amazing.

In terms of Castlevania HoD, I freaking loved that game when it came out. You can try to play through by yourself but will get slaughtered without a solid team. I cannot attest to the community now of course though after release it was great. Even without playing it online I would still pick it up myself though, excellent addition to the Castlevania games.

Symphony of the Night however... if you don't own this then you are stupid. Hahah simply put. At that price you will almost never get as much bang for your buck. 

I really enjoyed Hydro Thunder Hurricane too. Not the best title but it most definitely is fun especially with friends locally.

Monaco at that price is a good buy as well, especially with local buddies.

I sadly own like every game on sale... hahah I was debating Blood Dragon for now but I feel like by the time I get a chance to play it I would be able to get it on Steam for under $3 or so. Not to mention I still have CoJ:Gunslinger in my backlog!

That doesn't work for me. When I hit B, it takes me back to the dashboard, but signs me out of Live. So I'm on the dashboard, but offline. If I try to sign back on Live, it asks for the proofs again. Powering down is the only thing that gets rid of the nagging, for me anyways.
Weird. I get sent to the dash offline but don't get prompted again when i try to sign back in.

I've never verified an email or gave them a phone number when they ask on the console. Not sure what happens when you do. I sure don't want to have to input emailed codes into the console like I sometimes have to do on the website.

xbldb.com reporting that Halo 3 just dropped to $14.99! I bet tons of people will be jumping on that!! NOT!!! Lol

Fable III marked down to $14.99 as well. I hope everyone has a copy of that by now, considering it was the first Free with Gold game.
Sad thing is, I'm sure there are a lot of people who didn't get to dl Fable III just because they didn't hear about it and there will be others who dl Halo 3 because they don't know it'll be free in the near future.

Halo 3 should be 10 bucks, too bad they never drop gond games.
Cod4 with the dotw discount is 23€ here.. I'd love to buy cod2 for max 10€, but for 15€ I can find a cheaper retail copy.

In for Monaco. Friends have been trying to get me to buy that since release. And *way* excited about CoJ Gunslinger going on sale!

The great thing about Microsoft is they can't even do manipulative marketing right. So they devalue Halo 3 themselves before they give it away for free rather than leaving it at the inflated GoD price so it seemed a better deal.

New Rewards Site is up!

http://rewards.xbox.com/

http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/

Not much to say since I just started looking. One nice addition is a 3% achievement based rebate for the highest tier now.  Looks like it is a points system that is converted to cash after 5,000 points but you can request deposits as early as 1,000.

Some Examples:

Complete a My Apps Punchcard 1,000

• From August 30, 2013 to October 31, 2013, download a total of 5 new apps and use each of them for a minimum of 5 hours to complete the Punchcard and earn 1,000 Credits!
Make 1st Xbox store purchase 1,250

Complete a My Map Pack Punchcard 5,000

• From August 30, 2013 to October, 31 2013, Xbox Live Rewards members who purchase a single map pack from the Xbox Stores for a minimum of $10.00 USD will receive one punch. Get 5 punches to complete the Punchcard and earn 5,000 Rewards Credits!
Renew Gold Membership Up to 3,000

Complete a My Movies and TV Punchcard 3,000

•  From August 30, 2013 to October 31, 2013, Xbox Live Rewards members who purchase or rent a movie and/or TV episode from Xbox Video for a minimum of $3.00 USD will receive one punch. Get 5 punches to complete the Punchcard and earn 3,000 Credits!
Take Survey 250

Refer My friends 1,000

Play a New Game 1,000

5,000 Points equal $5.

VIP breaks down like this now:

• A score of 3000 - 9999 makes you a Contender, where you will receive 50 Credits for every $10.00 USD you spend.
  • A score of 10000 - 24999 makes you a Champion, where you will receive 100 Credits for every $10.00 USD you spend.
  • A score of 25000 - 74999 makes you a Legend, where you will receive 200 Credits for every $10.00 USD you spend.
  • A score of 75000 or higher makes you a Master, where you will receive 300 Credits for every $10.00 USD you spend.
From the FAQ:

Will my Rewards Credits expire? A. While Rewards Credits do not expire, the cash that we deposit does, so be sure to use it! Once Rewards Credits have been converted to your local currency and deposited into your Microsoft account, the cash value will expire by June 2015. To view expiring deposits in your Microsoft account, go to the Billing and Account Management page. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
Interesting 

I get the code prompts on my console at least twice a week, I have to sign out of Live by hitting B and then sign back in to get it to work.  Real pain in the ass.

Thanks CAGs for the recommendations, I'll probably snag puzzle quest.  Not sure about the others since i still have a good sized backlog.

I really hate sales where you already own every game. You just keep looking over the pages hoping you missed one. And of course the one Magic the Gathering game they choose as the free title just happens to be the one MtG title I own. Just a lose lose scenario all the way around this week. I really cut down on my Xbox Live Arcade purchases starting roughly 3-4 months ago, due to my constant storage problem issues, so hopefully they start putting some of the newer games on sale. Dungeon And Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, Far Cry Blood Dragon and Zeno Clash 2 would be nice!

By the way, what is the deal with the Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate add ons? Jesus, the entire new release section is FULL of add ons for that game. I am talking like 85-90 add on's just for that game. They have taken micro transactions to a whole new level. Unbelievable. 

By the way, what is the deal with the Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate add ons? Jesus, the entire new release section is FULL of add ons for that game. I am talking like 85-90 add on's just for that game. They have taken micro transactions to a whole new level. Unbelievable.
I don't know if this is also supposed to happen on Xbox 360, but they released a free-to-play version of DOA 5 Ultimate with a few characters and the rest of the fighters, plus tons of costumes, as DLC.

It's all disc locked content too. DOA is a terrible fighting series so it's easy for me to ignore and/or mock it. For everyone else, there is a free to play version coming soon.

Also, Blood Dragon will be on sale next week!

It's all disc locked content too. DOA is a terrible fighting series so it's easy for me to ignore and/or mock it. For everyone else, there is a free to play version coming soon.

Wait, there's fighting in DOA? I Thought it was just large breasted monster's falling down stairs constantly.

From the FAQ: Will my Rewards Credits expire? A. While Rewards Credits do not expire, the cash that we deposit does, so be sure to use it! Once Rewards Credits have been converted to your local currency and deposited into your Microsoft account, the cash value will expire by June 2015. To view expiring deposits in your Microsoft account, go to the Billing and Account Management page. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
Interesting
Is it just me or this suspect that your converted currency as well as the rewards currency has to be used until June 2015..what will happen then? Xbox 360 marketplace shutdown? lol I know all the cards you redeem right now will expire one year after you redeemed them but still..it's kinda..weird...

Wait, there's fighting in DOA? I Thought it was just large breasted monster's falling down stairs constantly.
The breasts in this game have their own physics lol

Is it just me or this suspect that your converted currency as well as the rewards currency has to be used until June 2015..what will happen then? Xbox 360 marketplace shutdown? lol I know all the cards you redeem right now will expire one year after you redeemed them but still..it's kinda..weird...
I thought it was the cards you redeem now won't expire. However if you redeemed the card before the conversion, then they will expire 1 year after conversion.

I thought it was the cards you redeem now won't expire. However if you redeemed the card before the conversion, then they will expire 1 year after conversion.
My email from MS says otherwise: Cards and codes for Microsoft Points that you can redeem from today, must be used within one year starting from the date of redemption of the Microsoft Points. Anything that you redemeed before will expire June 2015 or in some cases June 2014 (don't know why but a small amount of money after my conversion will expire by this date lol)

New Rewards Site is up!

http://rewards.xbox.com/

http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/

Not much to say since I just started looking. One nice addition is a 3% achievement based rebate for the highest tier now. Looks like it is a points system that is converted to cash after 5,000 points but you can request deposits as early as 1,000.

Some Examples:

Complete a My Apps Punchcard 1,000

• From August 30, 2013 to October 31, 2013, download a total of 5 new apps and use each of them for a minimum of 5 hours to complete the Punchcard and earn 1,000 Credits!
Make 1st Xbox store purchase 1,250

Complete a My Map Pack Punchcard 5,000

• From August 30, 2013 to October, 31 2013, Xbox Live Rewards members who purchase a single map pack from the Xbox Stores for a minimum of $10.00 USD will receive one punch. Get 5 punches to complete the Punchcard and earn 5,000 Rewards Credits!
Renew Gold Membership Up to 3,000

Complete a My Movies and TV Punchcard 3,000

• From August 30, 2013 to October 31, 2013, Xbox Live Rewards members who purchase or rent a movie and/or TV episode from Xbox Video for a minimum of $3.00 USD will receive one punch. Get 5 punches to complete the Punchcard and earn 3,000 Credits!
Take Survey 250

Refer My friends 1,000

Play a New Game 1,000

5,000 Points equal $5.

VIP breaks down like this now:

• A score of 3000 - 9999 makes you a Contender, where you will receive 50 Credits for every $10.00 USD you spend.
  • A score of 10000 - 24999 makes you a Champion, where you will receive 100 Credits for every $10.00 USD you spend.
  • A score of 25000 - 74999 makes you a Legend, where you will receive 200 Credits for every $10.00 USD you spend.
  • A score of 75000 or higher makes you a Master, where you will receive 300 Credits for every $10.00 USD you spend.
From the FAQ:

Will my Rewards Credits expire? A. While Rewards Credits do not expire, the cash that we deposit does, so be sure to use it! Once Rewards Credits have been converted to your local currency and deposited into your Microsoft account, the cash value will expire by June 2015. To view expiring deposits in your Microsoft account, go to the Billing and Account Management page. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
Interesting
It's been up for about 5 days.

Maybe the best value there lies in Puzzle Quest. I demoed last night Sacred Citadel and fell asleep, nuff said. I'd recommend everybody to save some points for Battleblock Theater next week.

I've been experienced the same issues, it seems they have fixed that already.
Pretty sure the same thing happened to me when I demoed Sacred Citadel. V_V

I predict Battleblock Theater will be discounted to $10....and I'll buy it instantly.

(Side bar: It's weird writing prices out in dollars...RIP MSP.)

Pretty sure the same thing happened to me when I demoed Sacred Citadel. V_V

I predict Battleblock Theater will be discounted to $10....and I'll buy it instantly.

(Side bar: It's weird writing prices out in dollars...RIP MSP.)
Hopefully it's $7.50 (or less) or else I'll have to pass.

Battleblock Theater is worth full price imo so it going down to $10 or $7.50 is a great price. There is a lot of content between the campaign levels in both solo/co-op and normal/insane difficulty as well as multiplayer. There's also a level editor and The Behemoth features community levels/Furbottom levels usually every two weeks with opportunities to get more characters. It's the one XBLA game I play regularly with the new content. It's rare that I buy digital games at release and I didn't mind paying full price for BBT.

Hopefully it's $7.50 (or less) or else I'll have to pass.
BBT is the only arcade i've paid full price in ages and i really don't regret it. It's very funny and challenging if u go for A+++ times or insane mode. Coop with a buddy is a blast and the best thing is the level creator: i've spent more time there than gaming XD It has infinity replay value thanks to the community, people put a lot of imagination on their creations. And it also has several versus modes if you're into that. Don't miss this game, it's the ultimate platformer ;)

I really should've waited for Blood dragon for the 360...I prefer the controller over PS3 controller for FPS.

I've been playing WSOP Full House Pro, and it's one laggy piece of crap.  The game could probably be fun if it wasn't one big lag fest with frequent crashes.

Easy delete, not worth the gig of hard drive space.

New Rewards Site is up!
Nice, thanks for the info. I'm liking this new "Master" gamerscore tier with the higher rebate. :D

It's all of the existing DLC for Dead or Alive 5; I guess they "relisted" it as DOA5U DLC. So that's a year's worth of DOA5 costumes relisted all at once. By the way, any costumes you own for DOA5 carry over into DOA5U in case anyone was wondering.

I'm liking that play a new game get 1000 credits thing. My backlog will finally be used for something if its just putting in the disc. Sucks though for the people who have played like a thousand games before they implemented this. I wonder how much you actually have to play to earn the credits.

I'm liking that play a new game get 1000 credits thing. My backlog will finally be used for something if its just putting in the disc. Sucks though for the people who have played like a thousand games before they implemented this. I wonder how much you actually have to play to earn the credits.
10 hours within 30 days of release so wouldn't really help your backlog lol

Nice, thanks for the info. I'm liking this new "Master" gamerscore tier with the higher rebate.
I do not, if Im not misunderstanding the rules. Until now i could get a 2% rebate for the purchase of 10 pieces of content of 5$ each. Now I get no rebate for those, despite my gamerscore, more than 2 times 'Master'.

Ah, nice! See, ask and ye shall receive. Will definitely be buying me some Blood Dragon next week. Actually DOA5 was actually a pretty decent fighting game. What they are doing with Ultimate is just fing annoying tho. I don't care if a game is free to play or not, 90+ add ons, that fill the entire new release section is overkill to the umpteenth degree.

I don't know if this is also supposed to happen on Xbox 360, but they released a free-to-play version of DOA 5 Ultimate with a few characters and the rest of the fighters, plus tons of costumes, as DLC.
I could be mistaken, but I think that it's f2p only on PS3.

I've been playing WSOP Full House Pro, and it's one laggy piece of crap. The game could probably be fun if it wasn't one big lag fest with frequent crashes.

I tried to play 3 multiplayer games and couldn't even complete a single one. Towards the end of each, the game would freeze and force me to dashboard. So far, I'm down in credits/chips. Good thing I'm not dumb enough to spend money on those credits.

I do not, if Im not misunderstanding the rules. Until now i could get a 2% rebate for the purchase of 10 pieces of content of 5$ each. Now I get no rebate for those, despite my gamerscore, more than 2 times 'Master'.
You're misunderstanding the rules. You get points for every $10 spent. So if you bought 10 qty of $5 games it would count as $50 and you would get the points accordingly.

Considering that under the old system you would get 20 cents back on every $10 spent I don't think it's too bad to have a threshold as in any event you'd just wind up with 3 cents or 2 cent rewards that were meaningless if you would get points back on smaller purchases.

You're misunderstanding the rules. You get points for every $10 spent. So if you bought 10 qty of $5 games it would count as $50 and you would get the points accordingly.

Considering that under the old system you would get 20 cents back on every $10 spent I don't think it's too bad to have a threshold as in any event you'd just wind up with 3 cents or 2 cent rewards that were meaningless if you would get points back on smaller purchases.
Oh man thanks for clarifying that. Rewards website in my language leads to confusion. It says "as long as you spend 8,10€". I got it wrong.

I just bought Leviathan for ME3 on my phone and it charged my effing credit card even though I have 1900 points.  Why the hell would it default to my credit card when I have stored credit???

I just bought Leviathan for ME3 on my phone and it charged my effing credit card even though I have 1900 points. Why the hell would it default to my credit card when I have stored credit???
Since they started the transition from points to real currency, you can only make purchases with stored credit on the console itself. Hopefully it gets sorted soon!

I just bought Leviathan for ME3 on my phone and it charged my effing credit card even though I have 1900 points. Why the hell would it default to my credit card when I have stored credit???
How do you have 1900 pts? I thought everyone was converted to $$ already? Did you not do the update? Maybe that's why it charged your cc?

I havent checked since the conversion, but I know I had 1900 stored points.  Thanks for letting me know about the console only thing though.  I wish they made it more clear, I would've waited until I got home.

Yeah, I keep getting to the page on my computer and then see that my points/money doesn't show up yet right before I buy something, it does suck that they don't make it more clear though, at least it was only a $5 DLC and not a full price game though

Even after doing the conversion, you can only use your stored credit on the console, not the website.
Even if you have a credit card on file with them, you still can't buy stuff on the online store with funds on your account? I figured I just couldn't because they wanted me to add a CC first.

I've been playing WSOP Full House Pro, and it's one laggy piece of crap. The game could probably be fun if it wasn't one big lag fest with frequent crashes.

I need 9 more levels and 10 Tournament wins and I'll be freeing that Gig of HD space myself. Something I don't normally do even with games I finished. I am not sure what the game is doing while it's claiming to be "loading resources" for 3 minutes. Probably gathering personal info and uploading it to government servers.

Even if you have a credit card on file with them, you still can't buy stuff on the online store with funds on your account? I figured I just couldn't because they wanted me to add a CC first.
Not for me, over the past week or so. Even after doing the conversion on the console, the only payment option available on the website is credit card. Also the upper-right info area of the website with your gamertag and gamerpic no longer shows any account balance next to your Gold status, either in points or dollars.

It's a big inconvenience because I have a bunch of stored currency but I really prefer making purchases on the website!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back