XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, I'm glad I decided to sit out on the beta, thought there might be issues with that MSP crap. I'm sure they'll figure it out and make it up to you in the end, but most likely after a lot of waiting for a response from customer service.
It was a stupid mistake I made by signing up for the beta. This was easily the worst one I've ever done. The console didn't update properly for two days, it froze for the next day and now all the money in my account is expiring in a week. There better be an explanation and compensation since on the FAQ, it says converted currency will stay until 2015.

Picked up some of the MGR and Dishonored DLC at the last minute, along with the GHWT Travis Barker pack and some Just Dance 4 tunes to please the lady. Got the game for a buck at Target, so why not?

I'm gonna pass on the ACR and AC3 DLC yet again, especially at those funky-ass prices, but there's a heapin' helpin' of Capcom goodness I've got my eye on. I'm glad I passed on Third Strike at 600 :bouncy: I need to shoot off some phone calls and/or emails to see what funds I can scoop up though; to this day I still haven't received two of my codes from the Microsoft Store gaffe, and one of the 1200 point codes I bought from CrazyGameTime recently was mysteriously "already redeemed." I had waited to redeem one because I purchased two by accident, and lo and behold... yeah. I'm also about three weeks overdue on hassling someone for a refund on a carpet cleaner that didn't work. Been working entirely too much lately.

I'm kinda bummed about War of the Worlds being delisted, oh well.

Finally! Mega Man 9 goes on sale! Also, I didn't realize the Arcade Cabinet had even come out yet. I've been on a big retro kick lately and spaced the release. In for the all-in-one for cheap fun. :D

Anyone happen to know why, when I go to download AC2, my only options are Change Payment Option, Limits on Use, and Cancel?  I have and show Gold status like I should.  I had no problem nabbing Defense Grid a few days ago either.

Do GoD absolutely require CC info, even if they're free?  Because if so there's probably no chance whatsoever I'm giving MS my CC info...

Anyone happen to know why, when I go to download AC2, my only options are Change Payment Option, Limits on Use, and Cancel? I have and show Gold status like I should. I had no problem nabbing Defense Grid a few days ago either.

Do GoD absolutely require CC info, even if they're free? Because if so there's probably no chance whatsoever I'm giving MS my CC info...
Have you tried switching to MS points. That worked for me as I have an expired CC.

Finally picked up UMvC3 and the character dlc. Thinking about getting Super Street Fighter IV AE but I might just wait for Ultra.

Have you tried switching to MS points. That worked for me as I have an expired CC.
Yeah I realized that after about 15 min. of wondering what to do (got up waaaay too early this morning, in a haze all day). I always forget about the MS Points option being there.

That's going to really suck, isn't it? Even free GoD now are going to require CC info, with no MSP workaround.

This sale, as well as the sales of late, has been pretty awesome. I'm glad I could get that DLC for Asura's Wrath (bugs me not getting the "true ending"). 

I got the update as well. This was the one that converted me from MSP to $. now i have to pay tax. stupid
I got an update this morning and I don't know if it converted my points, but on Xbox.com my points are still there. So, maybe you can just make whatever purchases you want from the Xbox.com site with your points balance?

Those bundles are cool and everything, but if you're like me where you already own everything except 1 or 2 games, then they're useless. It would be nice if Microsoft also puts the individual games on sale for 50% off during the sale. However, we know that's not how they work. Oh well, there is no shortage of games on my HD.

I got an update this morning and I don't know if it converted my points, but on Xbox.com my points are still there. So, maybe you can just make whatever purchases you want from the Xbox.com site with your points balance?
It didn't tell me it was doing that until i went to buy something. Then it said "hey! lets switch you over!" points were converted correctly (8370 points converted to $105). then made the purchase after that for $ instead of MSP.

$3.74 plus taxes for SF3rdStrike. GTFO MS!!!
Thats pretty lame, so am I correct in thinking that MSP will convert for EVERYONE August 1st, and just that converted $ amount expires in a year? Is this correct? So to avoid paying taxes on xbl purchases we need to make them before aug 1st?

I'm in the beta, but I don't have to pay taxes for my MS purchases. I Think it just depends on region.

Anyways, nothing good next week so looks like Ultimate MvC3 is coming with me.

I'm in the beta, but I don't have to pay taxes for my MS purchases. I Think it just depends on region.

Anyways, nothing good next week so looks like Ultimate MvC3 is coming with me.
I'm northern US, and it looks like I have to pay taxes. I wish when you get to the purchase screen you get to see the FULL amount your paying instead of $3.74 and the "plus taxes" abbreviations on the bottom.

Thats pretty lame, so am I correct in thinking that MSP will convert for EVERYONE August 1st, and just that converted $ amount expires in a year? Is this correct? So to avoid paying taxes on xbl purchases we need to make them before aug 1st?
That would suck if it is true. On the support site, this is what they say about taxes:

"

Will I be taxed on my purchase?

We will not apply taxes when you purchase content using currency that we add to your account at the time of the transition. However, when you use currency that you add to your account after the transition (including from Xbox Gift Cards), all appropriate taxes will be applied to those purchases."

It also says the money they transfer at the time of transition will expire June 1st, 2015.

I was kinda hoping to take advantage of that and add some more discounted points before the transition, in order to avoid paying taxes as long as possible. Just not sure if it's going to work the way it seems or not.

Where did you get Aug 1st from? I googled earlier this morning and the conversion date is Sept 1st.

That would suck if it is true. On the support site, this is what they say about taxes:

"

We will not apply taxes when you purchase content using currency that we add to your account at the time of the transition. However, when you use currency that you add to your account after the transition (including from Xbox Gift Cards), all appropriate taxes will be applied to those purchases."

It also says the money they transfer at the time of transition will expire June 1st, 2015.

I was kinda hoping to take advantage of that and add some more discounted points before the transition, in order to avoid paying taxes as long as possible. Just not sure if it's going to work the way it seems or not.
yea i was not charged tax on that particular purchase. thanks for the info on that...

saw it on a site, but it linked to a MS FAQ that did not list aug 1st. the FAQ just says "after the next update." which will probably be in sept like you said

Asuras Wrath is an amazing buy at $10. Thats actually what I paid for it physical from MS. It has alot of QTEs but is a one of a kind game. Absolutely loved it and have been looking to rebuy it on PS3 when its cheap.

this confused me...as it is for pc...not that i needed it cuz i have it for the 360, but it is listed as if it was for the 360

any who this sale is awesome....ive been waiting for a lost planet 1 markdown since i got my 360 back in february....and there are a ton of other potential gems here as well....ill try not to go to crazy as i have a slim ps3 160gb from cowboom coming on friday...it was a good price for a grade 6 console...i plan on recording lost planet and uploading it to my youtube....as i prepare for part 3 :p

Asuras Wrath is an amazing buy at $10. Thats actually what I paid for it physical from MS. It has alot of QTEs but is a one of a kind game. Absolutely loved it and have been looking to rebuy it on PS3 when its cheap.
Totally agree. I ended up getting for PS3 from Gamefly for $13 and then resold it, so I think 800 MSP is a good enough price to rebuy, even though I don't have any harddrive space.

this confused me...as it is for pc...not that i needed it cuz i have it for the 360, but it is listed as if it was for the 360
Oops. I'll fix it.

Really annoyed with the Assassin's Creed DLC "sale". I ran out of points the last time it was on sale and missed out on a couple things. Now, they think 33% off is good enough? Piss off. The Da Vinci Disappearance alone has been 50% off like 5 different times. What in the hell is the point?

"

This may be a stupid question, or a legit question being me the stupid :p but... what taxes? I mean, it's digital content right? they don't have transport costs to charge us, my GoD doesn't travel the Atlantic inside a container, then what? Is it a tax related to currency exchange? Why? Euros and pounds users are already taxed with an unfair and detrimental exchange rate that harms and raises real prices outside USA. So for real: what taxes?

OP is up to date, if you see any errors let me know.
Errors? Man, what you give us with such fast updates on Tuesday are BLESSINGS!!!

Please move the "Crysis 3" DLC up from unannounced markdown to "sales & specials for all" ... sale ... it's an intentional sale announced by the Major.

This may be a stupid question, or a legit question being me the stupid :p but... what taxes? I mean, it's digital content right? they don't have transport costs to charge us, my GoD doesn't travel the Atlantic inside a container, then what? Is it a tax related to currency exchange? Why? Euros and pounds users are already taxed with an unfair and detrimental exchange rate that harms and raises real prices outside USA. So for real: what taxes?
It's called sales tax. If you're in an area where there are sales tax then you will legally have to pay it. Some countries don't have sales tax. The USA doesn't have a national tax but most states have their own which varies state to state, and some states in the US are sales tax free havens (I think it's only 4 though). In Australia tax needs to be buried in the sales price and not added on afterwards (a more reasonable way to handle it IMHO). It's not Microsoft's fault if u end up paying tax it's your local or national politicians. But if u pay taxes when you go out to a shop in your local area expect to pay taxes on your digital purchases. Hope that helps.

Just purchased the 2 DLC characters for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom yesterday, thinking they would never go on sale. But they were Bing points so no real loss. But now I have to decide if I try to find a deal on points for the Costume Pack or just bite the bullet and use my credit card 

Not sure if UMVC3 is worth 14.99. Anyone?
If you haven't played MvC3, then yeah and if yes the answer is still the same. It's well worth $15 and a great and fairly easy fighter to get into. The costumes on the other hand are for only die hard fans. If Im correct, you still need to buy Jill and Shuma.

I've got the first MvC3 and like it just fine, considering the extra characters, anyone know if they work in the old one?  I don't play the game enough to be tempted by the Ultimate, unless it is just a crazy good sale, and $15 isn't it.  I guess that isn't really logical, given that Ultimate adds many more fighters than just the two for 240 each.  Besides, I really like Injustice better as a comic book fighter, I'll probably save those points and pick up Martian Manhunter for 400 (likely what he will cost) when he comes out.  Already have the season pass and those four.

However, just last week I was thinking about Final Fight and almost went for it at 800.  Very timely this sale.  Also 300 for SF3, well you cannot beat that.  Looks like they get 700 of my points tonight.

I've got the first MvC3 and like it just fine, considering the extra characters, anyone know if they work in the old one? I don't play the game enough to be tempted by the Ultimate, unless it is just a crazy good sale, and $15 isn't it. I guess that isn't really logical, given that Ultimate adds many more fighters than just the two for 240 each.

However, just last week I was thinking about Final Fight and almost went for it at 800. Very timely this sale. Also 300 for SF3, well you cannot beat that. Looks like they get 700 of my points tonight.
Ultimate is a completely separate game, not an add-on. Many of the characters were reworked so it plays a bit differently, but that's not something noticeable if you are just interested in casual play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back