XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimate is a completely separate game, not an add-on. Many of the characters were reworked so it plays a bit differently, but that's not something noticeable if you are just interested in casual play.
Yeah I know, I just meant that as I understand it those characters were separate purchases for both games, and the content license worked for both. I think I'm going to skip it, but was wondering even though they are under UMvC3 whether the sale would work to use them in MvC3, or if they treat those as completely different items/prices.

This may be a stupid question, or a legit question being me the stupid :p but... what taxes? I mean, it's digital content right? they don't have transport costs to charge us, my GoD doesn't travel the Atlantic inside a container, then what? Is it a tax related to currency exchange? Why? Euros and pounds users are already taxed with an unfair and detrimental exchange rate that harms and raises real prices outside USA. So for real: what taxes?
It's called sales tax. If you're in an area where there are sales tax then you will legally have to pay it. Some countries don't have sales tax. The USA doesn't have a national tax but most states have their own which varies state to state, and some states in the US are sales tax free havens (I think it's only 4 though). In Australia tax needs to be buried in the sales price and not added on afterwards (a more reasonable way to handle it IMHO). It's not Microsoft's fault if u end up paying tax it's your local or national politicians. But if u pay taxes when you go out to a shop in your local area expect to pay taxes on your digital purchases. Hope that helps.
Thanks for your answer. I'm from Spain, and here like in the rest of the European Union, we got a VAT (Value Added Tax) that regarding videogames is 21%, but anyways: that tax is included in the price as you comment it happens in Australia. In fact, Microsoft deals that way, like every other company, as it shows on the payment screen "VAT included", as it's mandatory. So again, why an extra charge? I've noticed that extra portrayed to the price when converting to microsoft points, but not only that: it has no sense, it's not a fixed nor progressive cost, since 5€ is 400mp, like always, meanwhile 10€ is 840mp (an extra 40), and 20€ is sometimes 1640mp or 1680mp. So imho, the tax is a lie :)

Xbox.com has them listed back to regular price. Looks like the sale is over.

Rats! A man could have wished! I just bought it again with the B2G1 preowned at best buy and wanted to try out some DLC. Oh well, I'll just wait again.

Rats! A man could have wished! I just bought it again with the B2G1 preowned at best buy and wanted to try out some DLC. Oh well, I'll just wait again.
You can always grab the GOTY edition which will be out this October (I think). That version will include The Witches of Brigmore as well as the other pieces of DLC.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is better. Best vs. game to date.

3 was bad and Ultimate is just as bad.
I have always been a fan of the Marvel Vs Capcom series and I enjoyed all of them Marvel Vs Capcom 3 was a great game even if the roster was pretty mediocre (Modok....) but I am gonna download UMvC3 When I get home today. I just cant get enough of MvC.

You can always grab the GOTY edition which will be out this October (I think). That version will include The Witches of Brigmore as well as the other pieces of DLC.
I wish I would have known that. Just bought the dlc, thinking I'd pick up the game one day. Should have just waited.

Anyone think SSIV:AE is worth it at this price? 

I've never played SFIV (or any SF for that matter), and I really doubt I'll grab the Ultra version at $40 when that comes out. It looks pretty fun though, and I could use a good fighter. 

I've never played SFIV (or any SF for that matter), and I really doubt I'll grab the Ultra version at $40 when that comes out. It looks pretty fun though, and I could use a good fighter.
Yeah, SF4 is a great fighter with a good amount of content and a ton of characters now, and if you want to upgrade to Ultra it'd only be a $15 DLC instead of needing the new disc, though you won't get the extra costumes for "free" that way.

I was upset when I got burned for buying SF4 AND MvC3, which couldn't upgrade with DLC for a lower price, but it seems that's behind SF4 for now. Who knows with Capcom though, glad I waited on Dragon's Dogma.

Yeah, SF4 is a great fighter with a good amount of content and a ton of characters now, and if you want to upgrade to Ultra it'd only be a $15 DLC instead of needing the new disc, though you won't get the extra costumes for "free" that way.

I was upset when I got burned for buying SF4 AND MvC3, which couldn't upgrade with DLC for a lower price, but it seems that's behind SF4 for now. Who knows with Capcom though, glad I waited on Dragon's Dogma.
Yeah, I sympathize for anyone who bought those games only to get shit on by Capcom.

It seems ridiculous to put out 4 versions of one game. That being said... I think I might DL it.

You might want to note in the OP that you have to purchase the base Capcom Arcade Cabinent for 200msp in order to use the All in One Pack on sale for 1000msp.

So you have to basically pay 1200msp to have the complete set.

At least that's my understanding, please correct me if I'm wrong

You might want to note that you have to purchase the base Capcom Arcade Cabinent for 200msp in order to use the All in One Pack on sale for 1000msp.

Yep, that is correct.

If you have some friends you can have some casual matches with, then AE is absolutely worth it. Playing competitively online might be a little tough at this point though as most of your opponents will have a four year head start on you.

I have always been a fan of the Marvel Vs Capcom series and I enjoyed all of them Marvel Vs Capcom 3 was a great game even if the roster was pretty mediocre (Modok....) but I am gonna download UMvC3 When I get home today. I just cant get enough of MvC.
There were plenty of Modoks at EVO this year (and last year!) :joystick:

I have to admit that I'm thinking about picking up MvC3 solely because it's the closest thing we've had to a new Strider game in the past 10 years. :bomb:

Are there some sales on multi packs? Saw someone mention a pack with insanley twisted shaow planet.
No sale, just a arcade pack that released today that contained said TSP, lazy riders, illimo, and the splatters all for 1200 MSP.

I saw someone mention something about redeeming MSP on xbox.com and having it show up as MSP instead of the money if you've done the beta update. Well I can confirm that isn't the case. I just redeemed 1200 MSP on the website and it doesn't even change the amount (stayed at 0 MSP), but on the console I have an added $15.

Yeah, but the demo was a little disappointing. I'm afraid a lot of the level design might be repetitive based on what I've read. Any impressions on the full game?
That's pretty much how I'd describe the full game. Playing alone is a tedious grind but it's ok in multiplayer.

No sale, just a arcade pack that released today that contained said TSP, lazy riders, illimo, and the splatters all for 1200 MSP.

I saw someone mention something about redeeming MSP on xbox.com and having it show up as MSP instead of the money if you've done the beta update. Well I can confirm that isn't the case. I just redeemed 1200 MSP on the website and it doesn't even change the amount (stayed at 0 MSP), but on the console I have an added $15.
Wait where's this at?

I have a question for anyone that uses 2 hard drives with their xbox 360. I'm down to 18gigs free on my 250g drive and after i buy a few of these sales this week i'll probably be out of space. I have an extra 250g drive that i bought for 36.00 awhile back,  now here's what i'm wondering.

Will i be able to just simply take out the full drive and put in the empty drive and start downloading games, then just swap hard drives whenever i want to play certain games?  or will the xbox  have a problem with the 2nd drive.

Snatched up Asura's Wrath and the DLC on sale without hesitation. Great price for all of it. That will probably be it for me from the sale though. I already have DMC HD Collection and 4 on the PS3 (prefer them with the Dual Shock) otherwise I would be all over those too.

Grabbed DMC4, DMC Collection, Asura Wrath(+ DLC) and AC2 (Free game).

Needed to liberate some hard drive space and instead of erasing just the installed portion of the games, I accidentally erased the entire package of the games, which includes the DLC and more importantly, the save files.

So I'm pretty sure there is no way to 'recover' the save files once I've erased them. Luckily, I only erased 2 of the games in that manner before I realized what I was doing so all isn't lost. But if someone does have a trick of their sleeves for cases like this, I'd appreciate any advice. 

For those people always worrying about storage space on their Xbox, when you do erase your games, make sure you are only erasing the install (or redownloadable) portion of the games and not the save files.

I have a question for anyone that uses 2 hard drives with their xbox 360. I'm down to 18gigs free on my 250g drive and after i buy a few of these sales this week i'll probably be out of space. I have an extra 250g drive that i bought for 36.00 awhile back, now here's what i'm wondering.

Will i be able to just simply take out the full drive and put in the empty drive and start downloading games, then just swap hard drives whenever i want to play certain games? or will the xbox have a problem with the 2nd drive.
Yeah, it's pretty straight-forward, should probably turn off your box when switching but that's about it. Your game/DLC licenses register to the console itself, not the HDD.

Might want to throw your Gamertag on thumbdrive, I don't remember if that sticks with the box or the memory unit.

You might want to note in the OP that you have to purchase the base Capcom Arcade Cabinent for 200msp in order to use the All in One Pack on sale for 1000msp.

Good suggestion, but I think I'll keep it the way it is for now unless a lot of confusion pops up. I have the main hub listed as the game, and then the all-in-one pack listed as DLC. Hopefully most people realize you need the many game (for any game in the OP) in order to play the DLC.

so i go to dl AC2 and it is telling me i have to pay tax? correct me if i am wrong but that is not free.

am i missing something here? fable 33 didnt have any taxes

so i go to dl AC2 and it is telling me i have to pay tax? correct me if i am wrong but that is not free.

am i missing something here? fable 33 didnt have any taxes
Switch to points? If you have the dashboard beta, then I have no idea what to tell you.

Grabbed DMC4, DMC Collection, Asura Wrath(+ DLC) and AC2 (Free game).

Needed to liberate some hard drive space and instead of erasing just the installed portion of the games, I accidentally erased the entire package of the games, which includes the DLC and more importantly, the save files.

So I'm pretty sure there is no way to 'recover' the save files once I've erased them. Luckily, I only erased 2 of the games in that manner before I realized what I was doing so all isn't lost. But if someone does have a trick of their sleeves for cases like this, I'd appreciate any advice.

For those people always worrying about storage space on their Xbox, when you do erase your games, make sure you are only erasing the install (or redownloadable) portion of the games and not the save files.
I'd recommend saving them to the cloud, unless you aren't gold, in which case I'm not sure what to tell you :whistle2:k

I was interested in Lost Planet until I saw that it was the Colonies re-release, which is on completely different MP servers and has a very different achievement list that doesn't really reward you for playing the single-player.

I'd recommend saving them to the cloud, unless you aren't gold, in which case I'm not sure what to tell you :whistle2:k
Yeah.. I was looking into that after today's mistake.

Is it possible to auto upload to the cloud like psn plus (while keeping a copy of the save file on the hdd ) or would I have to upload them one by one?

damn im in a tough spot this week... i have been boycotting crapcom since UMvC3, it was a great game though. I havnt played SS4AE but i love street fighter... then there is Mortal Kombat looking me in the face... 

what to do, what to do...

Yeah.. I was looking into that after today's mistake.

Is it possible to auto upload to the cloud like psn plus (while keeping a copy of the save file on the hdd ) or would I have to upload them one by one?
I'm not sure, I've been looking into that myself. If you have it save to the cloud it will auto upload the save, but I don't think it leaves one on the HDD. Even if you stop being gold though you will still be able to access all your old saves, so I don't really see it as a huge problem (if someone knows how to do it like karekano is asking though, please let me know).

I'm not sure, I've been looking into that myself. If you have it save to the cloud it will auto upload the save, but I don't think it leaves one on the HDD. Even if you stop being gold though you will still be able to access all your old saves, so I don't really see it as a huge problem (if someone knows how to do it like karekano is asking though, please let me know).
I don't believe there's a way to do automatic back-ups of saves to the cloud. You're either directly saving to the cloud or to the hard drive, so you have to do the back-up manually if you want that.

So the BIG question here guys/gal which of these here GoD games are region free? I'm on a budget at the moment and trying to make my msp stretch as far as possible.
Thanks Tyler!

I figured thats what the purge was about but i wasnt able to really keep up with everything when all of that talk was going around... literally 200 new posts a day after each work shift lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back