XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, itd be a no brainer this week if i could nab origins and jo jo for half off of each...

i think im just gonna nab MK with the season pass. I love the story mode in that game.

Hopefully 3rd strike will be that price on PS3 soon. Don't want to resubscribe to live and hate the 360's dpad.

Is all of the Asura's Wrath DLC worth purchasing?

Last edited:
I would also like to know this. My 360 is like my retro machine, so it would make a great addition.

Also apparently you have to buy the first release for 200 MSP THEN you can buy the all in one. I know, weird.
Nah, just get the Capcom Classics Collections vol. 1 and 2 for PS2 or Xbox1.

Much better selection of games and also cheaper.

Hopefully 3rd strike will be that price on PS3 soon. Don't want to resubscribe to live and hate the 360's dpad.

Is all of the Asura's Wrath DLC worth purchasing?
That Asura's Wrath DLC question has been answered several times now and really all you need is the episode pack, the rest aren't necessary for the story. And you don't need XBox Gold Live to get 3rd Strike for that price.

That Asura's Wrath DLC question has been answered several times now and really all you need is the episode pack, the rest aren't necessary for the story. And you don't need XBox Gold Live to get 3rd Strike for that price.
Ah, thanks. I intend to play online, which is why I'm not purchasing for 360.

Mother of ass!! The 12 month gold code thing is over. Just wasted 679 points on 1 month of Gold. At least I don't have to worry about next months free games :cry: . Hope they are good.

Well only Asura's Wrath + DLC this week for me.

I can't believe the last time I played a Capcom fighting game i was when Marvel vs Capcom 1 came out.

With all this talk about MSP going the way of the Tazmanian Tiger, I've been wondering, what if we move to another country and want to buy games from that country's marketplace, we should be able to with paypal or credit cards right?

I have a question for anyone that uses 2 hard drives with their xbox 360. I'm down to 18gigs free on my 250g drive and after i buy a few of these sales this week i'll probably be out of space. I have an extra 250g drive that i bought for 36.00 awhile back, now here's what i'm wondering.
Will i be able to just simply take out the full drive and put in the empty drive and start downloading games, then just swap hard drives whenever i want to play certain games? or will the xbox have a problem with the 2nd drive.
This problem is simplified if you have the Xbox slim. Just copy your profiles and any themes, avatar stuff and system updates to the 4gb drive. That way you can switch out hard drives. Otherwise yes you will have to put your profile on a USB thumbstick. I can't remember how the fat Xbox worked. If you do have access to the 512mb internal drive then park it there.

This problem is simplified if you have the Xbox slim. Just copy your profiles and any themes, avatar stuff and system updates to the 4gb drive. That way you can switch out hard drives. Otherwise yes you will have to put your profile on a USB thumbstick. I can't remember how the fat Xbox worked. If you do have access to the 512mb internal drive then park it there.
I actually just got done doing that about 45min ago, was thinking the same thing you mentioned and hoping that it would work. Only thing that seems odd, is theres a system folder on the external hard drive, shows some sort of update file and 3 other things, but when i go out of it to select files for transfer it doesnt show the system folder. So i just transfered everything else other than games, hopefully its all i need. I have the slim by the way.

So I take it most of you guys will bear with it and play with the 360 controller for the fighting games? I got SSIVAE from newegg for $10 it didn't feel right. Heck playing the demo for MM10 didn't feel right without a standard d-pad. Maybe I should suck it up?

Ah, thanks. I intend to play online, which is why I'm not purchasing for 360.
Fair enough! To be fair I think online wouldn't be that robust on the 360 anyways so you're fine eitherway since I just bought it for local. Though yes episode pack part IV contains the real ending to the game so really all that's necessary in the realm of DLC that's on sale since the bonus episodes with Ryu and Akuma aren't on sale.

I actually just got done doing that about 45min ago, was thinking the same thing you mentioned and hoping that it would work. Only thing that seems odd, is theres a system folder on the external hard drive, shows some sort of update file and 3 other things, but when i go out of it to select files for transfer it doesnt show the system folder. So i just transfered everything else other than games, hopefully its all i need. I have the slim by the way.
That sounds like some system cache files. I think the Xbox stores game updates as system cache. Once you clear your system cache it'll make you download game updates again for all your games (though it's not a bad thing to do every now or then). So it's no big deal if these didn't transfer over, you might just get prompted with a download an update thing next time you play a few games.

I'm sorta doing the same thing at the moment. Just bought a 320gb off eBay and backing everything from my multiple USB drives onto it. So slow.

So I take it most of you guys will bear with it and play with the 360 controller for the fighting games? I got SSIVAE from newegg for $10 it didn't feel right. Heck playing the demo for MM10 didn't feel right without a standard d-pad. Maybe I should suck it up?
From watching a lot of fighting game tournaments on Twitch, I see most people use an arcade stick. When I do see pad players, it's usually a PS2/3 pad.

Meh, I have two arcade sticks (Hori and a Madcatz) and a fight pad. I Love the 360 controller, but that thing was not meant for fighters.

Mother of ass!! The 12 month gold code thing is over. Just wasted 679 points on 1 month of Gold. At least I don't have to worry about next months free games :cry: . Hope they are good.

Well only Asura's Wrath + DLC this week for me.

I can't believe the last time I played a Capcom fighting game i was when Marvel vs Capcom 1 came out.

With all this talk about MSP going the way of the Tazmanian Tiger, I've been wondering, what if we move to another country and want to buy games from that country's marketplace, we should be able to with paypal or credit cards right?
Thanks for letting us know. I was about to make the same waste of points. Stinks that someone had to inform microsoft like that....after they redeemed their code. MS should've taken away the 11 months on their account since they didn't want to "cheat" microsoft.

I wish the Arcade stuff was able to get transferred to the Xbox One.  It's kind of holding me back on my purchases, knowing that my 360 is on its last legs.

I wish the Arcade stuff was able to get transferred to the Xbox One. It's kind of holding me back on my purchases, knowing that my 360 is on its last legs.
Yeah, that is the main reason I'm not sure which new system I will get down the road. First with the used game snafu and with the arcade games not transferable makes PS4 sound like the route I will take since xbox did not give me any reason to be brand loyal. I'm gonna give the next gen a couple of years before I buy anyway, I will just keep playing the 360 until they kick me off of live and then I will pick whatever system seems to have the better games.

Has their really been no mention of this Kinect Arcade Bundle yet?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Kinect-Bundle/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411415?cid=search

Yes, Haunt and Wreckateer have previously been free. But at only 800msp it still seems like a pretty good deal.

The other games included are Dragon's Lair, Home Run Stars and Diabolical Pitch.
Damn, that is a good deal. Alas, once again I have 3 of the 5, making the other 2 (Dragon's Lair and Haunt) not that great of a deal.

Man, did the first 2 levels of Asura's Wrath and what the fuck was that? I got about 31% of what was going on. Game is well worth the 800 points price tag.
totally, its kind of like El Shaddai mixed with Ninja Scroll, and a whole lot of quicktime events...

El shaddai is the most disappointing game i ever bought.

In regards to asuras wrath, if you enjoy it then the dlc with true ending is absolutely fantastic.

Hey I'm on the fence about UMvC3, could anyone tell if everyone is a chicken online? Do they just quit if they lose? Because I'm a bit of an achievement whore and a good part of the achievements are online based. If i can't get a win online then I'll just buy the DMC collection.

Hey I'm on the fence about UMvC3, could anyone tell if everyone is a chicken online? Do they just quit if they lose? Because I'm a bit of an achievement whore and a good part of the achievements are online based. If i can't get a win online then I'll just buy the DMC collection.
Been quite a while since I've played xbox side, but I had no issues getting the 5 ranked wins in a row ragequitter free. That said, I imagine the community that still plays online nowadays is pretty relentless, so unless you have a fair amount of practice under your belt it might be tough to hang. Best of luck though!

Been quite a while since I've played xbox side, but I had no issues getting the 5 ranked wins in a row ragequitter free. That said, I imagine the community that still plays online nowadays is pretty relentless, so unless you have a fair amount of practice under your belt it might be tough to hang. Best of luck though!
I'd have to agree. I've found that shortly after a given fighting game is released the casual online players quickly drop off as their interest is drawn to the latest and greatest game released. What you're left with are very dedicated group of players that know the game inside and out. That could make getting 5 ranked wins in a row a tall order for someone new to the game. UMvC3 can be especially unforgiving in that only a quick mistake or two can end up costing you the entire match. It's by no means an impossible task, but that achievement could take some work.

The only achievement that really involves online play in any substantial way is getting to 6th rank, which doesn't take that long if you're any decent at the game. (I joined a half-full 8-person lobby and I got the achievement for that, for whatever reason.)

I don't know how experienced you are with fighting games, though, because doing 480 trials is genuinely hard, even if you buy the DLC characters for the extra easy trials.

In regards to asuras wrath, if you enjoy it then the dlc with true ending is absolutely fantastic.
How much damage Ubisoft did to gamers pioneering content hijacking... Capcom is doing that shite for years.

I'd gladly paid 800mp for a full version of Asura's wrath but not over 1000mp; i can't support that trend.

i plan on picking up both of the Megaman games (9 & 10) by next monday, but if i could only choose one of them to buy right now, which one would you hardcore Megaman fans suggest to pick up first?

i plan on picking up both of the Megaman games (9 & 10) by next monday, but if i could only choose one of them to buy right now, which one would you hardcore Megaman fans suggest to pick up first?
If you're new to the series or haven't really played the harder NES games, I'd say go with Mega Man 10 since it has an easy mode option for those who get too frustrated with how difficult some parts are.

If you're used to the difficulty of classic Mega Man games though then I'd say go with 9 first. Both are superb though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back