XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
From @XboxLiveRewards

Hi folks! If you got an email saying there was an error with your Points deposit, it is likely because you have joined the (1/2)

(2/2) Points to currency beta. Over the coming weeks, we'll be sending everyone all of the Microsoft Points you are owed via tokens. Cheers!

From @XboxLiveRewards

So glad to hear that even though it was only 100 MSP, lol. I posted in their forums and a ton of people came out of the woodwork saying it happened to them too. I even suggested they give us the points through codes. You're all welcome ;) (That's literally the only way so it was a no brainer.)

Anyone buy Charlie Murder?
Try the demo. I think everyone who loves Castle Crashers/Dishwasher will have a blast with this, in my opinion it's even better than Behemoth's title. The game has a lot of bosses (some of them are optional and most likely you will miss few during first playthrough), varied levels, good customization, tons of secrets. I for one would buy game like this any day over some 2-3 hours experience like Brothers, without any replay value.

Try the demo. I think everyone who loves Castle Crashers/Dishwasher will have a blast with this, in my opinion it's even better than Behemoth's title. The game has a lot of bosses (some of them are optional and most likely you will miss few during first playthrough), varied levels, good customization, tons of secrets. I for one would buy game like this any day over some 2-3 hours experience like Brothers, without any replay value.
I did, I thought it was pretty good. I almost wish the music was louder though. I think I might buy it (AT RETAIL PRICE OMG).

I'm one of the few who didn't like Castle Crashers though. I thought it was terribly boring. Scott Pilgrim on the other hand, that game rocks.

I highly recommend the Ninja Pack DLC. Zombies won't bother you while you are going for achievements.

Also I recommend playing Case Zero before starting DR2 because your level will carry over.

Thanks. I'm getting errors though. When I try to pay (w/ PayPal and my card) I get this error.

Sorry, we couldn't get authorization for this. Use a different or new way to pay, or check that your billing address is correct. If you have more questions, your financial institution is the one to ask. Status code: 0x80190821.

It worked for me before, not sure what's wrong now.

Thanks. I'm getting errors though. When I try to pay (w/ PayPal and my card) I get this error.

Sorry, we couldn't get authorization for this. Use a different or new way to pay, or check that your billing address is correct. If you have more questions, your financial institution is the one to ask. Status code: 0x80190821.

It worked for me before, not sure what's wrong now.
I got the same error but i assumed it was because it could tell that my paypal account was attached to an Australian credit card and wasn't allowing me to register it on a USA account. Anyways weird.

If someone is in a position to download the free Dead Rising 2 and see if that version allows stacked DLC costumes, I'd be interested to know the result.  So far, I've only purchased the Ninja skills pack.

If someone is in a position to download the free Dead Rising 2 and see if that version allows stacked DLC costumes, I'd be interested to know the result. So far, I've only purchased the Ninja skills pack.
I am pretty sure that you can equip just one piece of each costume and still get the full benefit of the whole set. So yes, you can stack them.

Did some reading on the clothing DLC and it seems like they don't stack for Off The Record. Maybe that's where some of the confusion is originating.

Has anyone had a problem with Spiderman: Friend or Foe game that was on sale a couple weeks ago? Every time my wife and I go to play it all we get is a black screen. Is this common? We tried to delete and then re-download it and still same thing, a black screen, and the xbox is just dead. You press the middle X logo button the controller and nothing happens.

Kinda had a similar problem with Kingdoms of Amular. Bought it May got a refund about a week ago after spending at least 1 hour everyday with customer service.

You are right, we're adults here and there's no point in extending a futile debate. Just wanted to say that 'xbone' to me represents the initials of 'xbox one', and has a funny side more than derogatory. Anyway, my 'one sided' point of view is easy to state: I won't jump into next-gen till 2-3 years from now. A lot can happen in that time but with nowadays info and my past experience my choice won't be MS. Three 360s, 2 RRoDs, disc readers not working and Gold for just online gaming is not for me. From what i've read PS+ seems perfect for my playing style, but who knows, my last Sony product was a PS2. I'm not here trying to convince you or any else to buy or not to buy any console of reference, just stating my opinion on the subject which is not as positive as yours, so if you want to enjoy MS overdelivering value who am I to judge?

I just dont understand why people takes for granted what game companies say. If this current generation has taught us something is consumers are the last link of the chain and the oligopoly will choke us enough to not kill us. So assuming storage in the xbox one will be infinite like the power of the cloud only for having an USB, when nowadays there are restrictions for that same feature of 32G, a 10% of the max branded HD, is a little reckless. I hope for your own sake i'm wrong, but like I said, I just cant conceive MS giving up the storage business, based on how they have been securing it until today: prepare for a ludicrous room cap, only branded HD or who knows what. Why are they gonna open the gates in a profitable section even more then when extra storage will be more important than ever? But once again, my words and your words are only speculations: the only fact is the xbone will have an USB where you can plug an HD.
First off, its well known by everyone that visits game websites on a regular basis that XBone is a derogatory reference to the XBox One, used by PS fanboys that infest most videogame websites. They were the one's that coined the phrase and its meaning is easily understood. You use the XBone reference frequently, have an anti Xbox attitude and you really expect people to believe you when you say your just using it as an abbreviation and not a derogatory reference? Sorry but I am just not buying it. If by chance you are telling the truth, which again I am just not buying,....well, then you should know better than to use it as you already know what meaning people are going to assume. Your posts have just been dripping with anti XBox sentiment. I noticed it right off the bat.

As for the rest of your post, no offense, but I really don't care what your preferences are or what system your going with, or how many RROD's you got with your 360's. I made a simple statement, in an XBox thread, that I couldn't wait for the XBox One to get here as I was tired of having storage problems with my 360 and having to buy flash drives every time I purchased a new game. You proceeded to try and tell me that in this regard, the XBox One was not only going to be just as bad as the 360 but worse, given the larger size of the games that we will be seeing this generation as the XBox One only comes with a 500 Gig HD. This discussion was about storage capacity, nothing more and nothing less and you couldn't have been more incorrect if your tried. As I have stated many times now, with USB 3.0 support, the only limit to the storage capacity of the XBox One is the size of your wallet. There are 16 & 20 TB drives available right now and I guarantee by the time someone could even hope to fill a drive that size, there will be 32 TB & 40 TB drives available. As long as you have the money, hard drive space will NEVER be an issue with the XBox One.

As for your attempts to make it seem like nothing is set in stone and that MS could very well take away USB 3.0 support or put in place size limits, given all of the U-turns they have made in recent weeks, its nothing short of ludicrous and I am not taking anything for granted. As I have already stated, every change MS has made thus far was in direct response to the complaints people were making in regards to MS's initial XBox One policies. NOBODY is asking to take away USB 3.0 HD support, nobody. Taking away USB 3.0 HD support would literally cripple the XBox One and would without question be the single worst move in the history of console design. It would basically guarantee the failure of the console. MS want's the XBox One to succeed as the XBox now brings in a significant amount of revenue for MS. Xbox Live alone has seen 15% year on year growth since its inception and now has over 40 million members. Xbox Live Arcade sales literally doubled year to year (2011-2012). The revenue from XBox Live Gold subscriptions alone now equals over a billion dollars a year (actually its probably up to roughly 1.2 Billion now). Yet you want people to believe that MS is just going to risk all that by yanking USB 3.0 HD support, for no good reason, and leave its next generation console crippled when its already behind the PS4 in regards to pre-orders. Its nothing short of comical and not only defies logic, it also defies common sense. Its simply NEVER going to happen, end of story.

I am not preparing for anything but the largest HD I have ever owned hooked up to my XBox One. In fact, I just placed my order for my XBox One HD back on Friday. I wound up going with the 16TB Lacie Quadra. Like I said, my storage problems are coming to an end and If the beginning of this next gen has showed us anything, its that MS is listening to core gamers like never before and have even redesigned their entire plan to bring it more in line with what gamers wanted. I only wish more companies would listen to their customers like MS has the last 4 weeks. To think they will suddenly defy those wishes and at the same time sabotage their entire console....well, I hate to say this but your just not living in reality. Again, its simply never going to happen. Your anti Microsoft mentality has severely clouded your judgement and common sense.

And just to entertain your latest "what if", even if MS did happen to put in place size limits on external HD's, I guarantee those limits would be at the very LEAST, 1TB or 2TB. Even if that happened, which it wont, it doesn't change anything except for the size of the drives that people will be buying. Instead of buying larger drives (3-4TB+), people will just buy multiple smaller drives (1TB-2TB). I would have no problem using 1 TB portable HD's for my XBox One. As I stated before, I already use a similar system for my photography and literally have cases of 1TB portable HD's. Using a similar system for my XBox One would be fine by me. It only takes a few seconds to switch out USB HD's and 1 TB is enough space where you wouldn't have to do it often. So regardless of what MS does, your storage capacity on the XBox One will be limited only by the amount of money you have.

Not that I should get involved in this stupid discussion, but your pro-Microsoft mentality seems to be clouding your judgement as bad as his anti-Microsoft mentality is clouding his.

First off, its well known by everyone that visits game websites on a regular basis that XBone is a derogatory reference to the XBox One, used by PS fanboys that infest most videogame websites. They were the one's that coined the phrase and its meaning is easily understood. You use the XBone reference frequently, have an anti Xbox attitude and you really expect people to believe you when you say your just using it as an abbreviation and not a derogatory reference? Sorry but I am just not buying it. If by chance you are telling the truth, which again I am just not buying,....well, then you should know better than to use it as you already know what meaning people are going to assume. Your posts have just been dripping with anti XBox sentiment. I noticed it right off the bat.
Not that I want to get involved in this type of debate cause I honestly don't think it's a biggie. But there's a strong history of things from Microsoft using XB as a prefix for a number of things without it being derogatory. Think XBL, XBLA, XBLIG, XBLM, etc. I see no trouble with calling it Xbone as it fits in with a long history of Microsoft doing that itself. Plus there is nothing derogatory about the word Bone. If he referred to it as Xboner then sure that's likely derogotory. But Bone - bone is neutral and I think it's a nicer term than XBo or XOne or The One. But let's all be honest here. The truth of the matter is that despite how the Xbox One performs or how amazing or unamazing a system it is (and let's be honest too at this point there's hardly any difference between it and the PS4 with the exception of exclusives and Kinect) - it has a terrible name. Microsoft likely spent millions on branding research to choose a name and they've chosen one that I'd be hard pressed to find that anyone is in love with. I actually prefer Xbone to Xbox One. It feels like it has some charisma and character rather than just being a sort of retcon name for the system that does away with two previous consoles by restarting the franchise from this point forward (you can bet the next console after the Xbox One will likely be the Xbox Two). I know that when I use the term Xbone I mean it in a loving and jovial way to refer to the follow-up to my chosen system that has brought me hundreds of hours of pleasure over the last few years. I don't own a PS3. I don't plan on buying a PS4 anytime soon. I am fully Microsoft through and through at the moment. And I'm happy to hear the Xbox One referred to as the Xbone or to do so myself without any misgivings that it's a knock on the system. I've been calling my mate Trevor T-Bone for the last decade and he doesn't seem to find it derogatory. I dont see what's wrong with XBone.

Even retailers are referring to the Xbox One as the XBone in their systems:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/jb-hi-fi-totally-refers-to-the-xbox-one-as-xbone-in-its-computer-system/

Even major papers are using it as an abbreviation:

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/blogs/screenplay/just-how-similar-are-the-ps4-and-xbone-20130814-2ruzv.html

You also have to remember that due to Twitter and other related sites people need a way to shorten Xbox One to something else to save character space. Therefore the XBone nickname is perfect for that use. And even if you hate the term and find it derogatory you're going to have to get over it. It's here to stay.

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/05/24/why-xbone-has-stuck-for-microsofts-new-console/?__lsa=d034-c8d7

http://kotaku.com/so-what-are-we-going-to-call-the-xbox-one-509356369

All right, Nixon, congratulations! You win! I won't keep that debate going.

For the record, I've spent great times with my xbox and made a bunch of fine playmates, I can't have any regrets on that. I've got more hardware failures than I'd desire but heck, I've dealt with it Mattrick style.

Does the on demand version of Dead rising 2 have co-op? I have the disc version and my buddy downloaded it but it says on the info screen "co-op= none"

Does the on demand version of Dead rising 2 have co-op? I have the disc version and my buddy downloaded it but it says on the info screen "co-op= none"
If you mean the version that is free right now, then yes it has online co-op (also, online multiplayer).

Kinda had a similar problem with Kingdoms of Amular. Bought it May got a refund about a week ago after spending at least 1 hour everyday with customer service.
You mean with the Kingdoms of Amalur GoD? I want that game, but if the digital version has problems... maybe I should get the disk.

I wanted to weigh in on the Kingdoms of Amalur issue because I also experienced it and figured out the solution through google research. The issue is that the Games on Demand version of KoA doesn't play well with the online pass. So if you installed the online pass (or possibly the other DLC) before downloading the game, it will force the game to crash at startup. You need to uninstall the online pass and then try installing the game again.

This may or may not be the issue in your case, but it's worth checking.

Microsoft end up refunding me for the charge of $29.99 for Dead Rising 2. It said it was free but charged me for the game. It also said I was a gold member at the time but apparently my sub ended 5 days before.

Either way, happy I got my money back and the games for free. End up just renewing my account afterwards with another free month too.

Is there any way we can tell the status of our points garnered through Bing? I heard someone mention they go away after 1 year and another said that the new update will decrease the time to 1 week. Can anyone confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back