XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Its like not having internet
What does console banned mean exactly? None of the accounts on the console can access Xbox live anymore?
Its like not having internet . No gamer tags can reach xbox live. But hey the damned xbox runs faster now

What does console banned mean exactly? None of the accounts on the console can access Xbox live anymore?
You can never connect to live on that console for anything. So for the pricks who trade them into GS, the next person who buys it preowned will not be able to connect to live.

Console banned is what I would have expected since they can't really proof that just because you played it means you did the region thing.

I have to wait allllllllll day to get home and see if I get hit too.

Will be fun.

Console banned is what I would have expected since they can't really proof that just because you played it means you did the region thing.

I have to wait allllllllll day to get home and see if I get hit too.

Will be fun.
No need to wait you're probably banned you downloaded more then me

They check the console at GS at least they do that over here...and you don't get anyhting before they haven't checked it... just saying.
Thats how I would hope it works. Although the two times I upgraded to a newer model they just check to see if it powers on and navigate the menus for like 10 seconds. Does it tell you the console is banned every time you power it up or what? How would a GS employee know?

Its like not having internet
Its like not having internet . No gamer tags can reach xbox live. But hey the damned xbox runs faster now
Is that really all that happens? Searching the Internet, it's hard to find a straight answer. Some places, I read that your save files get corrupted and you lose your licenses to all digital content.

But you're saying that it's just like not having Internet access, correct? You still have access to your saves and any digital content (DLC, Games on Demand, XBLA games) that's already downloaded to your hard drive?

Why do YOU feel entitled to give that guy crap and tell him to STFU over his opinion?

Pot calling kettle black much?

You don't agree with his opinon, fine. But don't come on here spewing hidden political agenda's and giving people crap just because they have a different opinion than you.
You obviously don't have a dictionary handy - or don't know how to use one.

Is that really all that happens? Searching the Internet, it's hard to find a straight answer. Some places, I read that your save files get corrupted and you lose your licenses to all digital content.

But you're saying that it's just like not having Internet access, correct? You still have access to your saves and any digital content (DLC, Games on Demand, XBLA games) that's already downloaded to your hard drive?
Its now my sons, he has been playing just fine on it, but I will see about the save files

Edit his minecraft saves work just fine

I've had a banned console before.

It just means that console can no longer connect to XBL. Nothing else.

Say if I didn't doe.

The account that downloaded Rayman Legends hasn't been banned yet.

So am I good to run home and play with my console until the end comes later today probably?
You're good to go until you're banned dawg

It wasn't actually Defense Grid that Major Nelson apologized for. He apologized to those who thought Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed II were going to be the first GWG released. Defense Grid just happened to be the game that came out instead. That article is mischaracterizing the apology.
The reason he explicitly apologized for that game was because people and video game media outlets understood "This program will include games like Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2" to mean "The next two games in this program will be Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2" and nobody at Microsoft noticed or bothered to correct this miscommunication. So when they announced Defense Grid was going to be the next game available, everyone freaked out since they were expecting Halo 3 or AC2.

EDIT: Beat by DeadofNight
Thanks! In that context, his statement makes sense.

I got banned too and I also only downloaded rayman luckily it was only console my account seems fine its just going to be a bitch to transfer all my game saves via USB flash drive.
It's funny how they banned the console and not the account. This way, you are almost forced to buy a new console (cuz at least you can still access your games/saves/$ and play online albeit on a different console). Had they banned accounts, you might be more tempted to get a PS3/PS4.

They banned the consoles cause they don't want you to play the games you "acquired" from "friends" in other countries.

I've had a banned console before.

It just means that console can no longer connect to XBL. Nothing else.
Well hell, that doesn't even sound so bad. I don't really play online, I've barely paid for Gold over the last 2-3 years, and my backlog is big enough that I really shouldn't be buying any new digital games for a while anyway. I only had a dollar and change left in my Microsoft account or whatever they call it now, and I only own a few Indie Games.

Still, I'm kind of scared to turn on my Xbox now...

Well hell, that doesn't even sound so bad. I don't really play online, I've barely paid for Gold over the last 2-3 years, and my backlog is big enough that I really shouldn't be buying any new digital games for a while anyway. I only had a dollar and change left in my Microsoft account or whatever they call it now, and I only own a few Indie Games.

Not turning it on isn't going to stop anything.

Not not turning it on won't keep it unbanned but like you said if you never play online you have 0 to worry about it even if they ban your account you can still play all of your games just offline and you'll never be able to update your gamerscore.

I mean thats all that matters in the end is gamerscore, right?

Not not turning it on won't keep it unbanned but like you said if you never play online you have 0 to worry about it even if they ban your account you can still play all of your games just offline and you'll never be able to update your gamerscore.

I mean thats all that matters in the end is gamerscore, right?
If your account gets banned, you lose all your downloaded content according to Xbox Twitter Support Team. So arcade games, DLC, themes, gamerpics, music, videos, etc.

If your account gets banned, you lose all your downloaded content according to Xbox Twitter Support Team. So arcade games, DLC, themes, gamerpics, music, videos, etc.
You can still play them if they were already downloaded, you just can never re download them on a different console.

Its now my sons, he has been playing just fine on it, but I will see about the save files

Edit his minecraft saves work just fine
The saves are corrupted in a way where they work on the banned console, but appear corrupted on an unbanned system.

Same goes with the hard drive itself, and anything on the drive, including saves and profiles. You can uncorrupt the saves and profiles with third party tools, but they will recorrupt when used on the banned system. It's a PITA more than anything else really, and a huge deterrent to keeping a banned console around. I have a banned console from the 2009 era of bans back when I modded consoles for people, and I simply gave it to my friend because I didn't want to deal with it.

The saves are corrupted in a way where they work on the banned console, but appear corrupted on an unbanned system.

Same goes with the hard drive itself, and anything on the drive, including saves and profiles. You can uncorrupt the saves and profiles with third party tools, but they will recorrupt when used on the banned system. It's a PITA more than anything else really, and a huge deterrent to keeping a banned console around. I have a banned console from the 2009 era of bans back when I modded consoles for people, and I simply gave it to my friend because I didn't want to deal with it.
Are these saves made while the console is banned?

I had a banned console a couple years ago and I transferred all my saves with no issues.

Well, I turned it on.  So far, I'm okay.

But what if I made backups of all my saves before a console ban occurred?  Yesterday, I copied all the save files I could to an external hard drive (with the 32GB of storage space the Xbox lets you use).  That way, I could at least copy those back onto a new console and they would definitely be uncorrupted, right?

Are these saves made while the console is banned?

I had a banned console a couple years ago and I transferred all my saves with no issues.
Actually, yes. If you do not modify the saves in any fashion (or even load them?) before transferring, they will be fine. Any saves created/edited/modified with the console in the banned state will corrupt them on other systems. I believe the corrupted saves don't even work on other banned systems too.

Relax people, my friend who has a "friend" from Oman just told me that neither of his consoles got banned despite having the Oman account on both of them. So the ban is not universal, at LEAST, not for Oman accounts.

My guess would be if the bans issued ARE for foreign purchases, the only people who need to worry are those who made a Bosnian account for Rayman Legends. I could see Ubisoft hounding them for lost revenue from such a recently-released game. Everything else that could be obtained was rather cheap, minor, old or relatively unknown releases that wouldn't have sold much anyways (aside from Injustice and MAYBE Fable 3 (which was a Game for Gold anyways)).

Basing that off the fact that anyone with a recent console ban has said they went for Legends through Bosnia, regardless of whether or not they also had an Omani account.

All of my friends from Greece, Russia, Bosnia, Oman, Taiwan, Japan, and Hungary love not having their accounts banned for downloading free games. Also of note, they never shared their accounts with other people. There's a lesson to be learned here.

It's funny how they banned the console and not the account. This way, you are almost forced to buy a new console (cuz at least you can still access your games/saves/$ and play online albeit on a different console). Had they banned accounts, you might be more tempted to get a PS3/PS4.
That was one of my first thoughts as well. Banning an account this close to a new console would be a terrible idea. I know it would definitely decrease my desire to get an Xbox One.

How can they ban an acount as they can't prove you created the bogus account? Are they suppose to ban my Live account because a friend or family member created a fraudulent account on the same console? Console is the only option for them.

Also, I am not sure they care if you move to another console or if you stay a customer as you obviously violated their terms and they considered it a serious enough offense to ban the console. They don't really need you as a customer if you aren't going to play by their rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back