XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
That I did. Account ban kind of stings.

I'm interested to go through the 165 games I have saved on my hard drive, and compare it to my Google Docs list of games I own digitally. See which ones I've lost for good...

So just to confirm...you can not even log into xbox.com? I'm basing my decision off this fact because the website is still exactly the same for me. No message of ban.

Also, I didn't see any account bans in the past couple pages...only console bans.

Thats insane. I feel for you. :cry:
Yeah, it's not great. I think a permanent ban for my actions is kind of harsh, but that's how Xbox operates and I've known that for a long time. They're not big on "Don't do that again!" warnings.

It does probably change my expected Xbox One purchase time from "one to two years from now" to "never", since I have no account to carry over.

So just to confirm...you can not even log into xbox.com? I'm basing my decision off this fact because the website is still exactly the same for me. No message of ban.

Also, I didn't see any account bans in the past couple pages...only console bans.
I actually can still log in, but when I first logged in it took me to a "Banned forever" page. Now I can still click on a few things like my Gamerscore, but if I click on My Account or anything it just takes me to an Error page "That shouldn't have happened."

Sorry to hear about your situation tyler.

And does the statement "all banned consoles downloaded Rayman Lengends" still holds true at this point?

And does the statement "all banned consoles downloaded Rayman Lengends" still holds true at this point?
I've downloaded the oman/bosnian games and I haven't been banned yet but reading the amount of people who just posted on my TA feed and on 360achievements, it looks like my days are numbered :(

YUP.

I actually posted in the free thread that "Rayman Legends in Bosnia felt like a trap". Guess I should have listened to myself on that one.

For me it is...I got rayman. And also, I just called a buddy who's going to let me try recovering my Gamertag on his xbox...I'll report my results a bit later.

YUP.

I actually posted in the free thread that "Rayman Legends in Bosnia felt like a trap". Guess I should have listened to myself on that one.
I should have warned you further to not join the dark side! I think they took action with that free download especially because it was a newly release $60 game.

I should have warned you further to not join the dark side! I think they took action with that free download especially because it was a newly release $60 game.
Haha I'm sure I would have done it anyway, it's all good man.

I'll probably put up a big blog post about this (including my list of digital casualties) and my decision of whether or not to clear out my retail 360 backlog or just keep using my 360 as an offline machine.

Thing that probably sucks the most is my Gamerscore. I really like achievements. However it looks like it's still intact, it just won't ever upload to the Xbox servers anymore. But if it keeps counting up, I'll probably keep playing on my 360 for a while. I never earned achievements to show off to other people, just to enjoy myself. Looks like I can still do that.

I hate that they didn't just ban the account and made the item inaccessible. For the sake of sanity, why ban a whole console? (My main account works fine, and I never even touched Rayman). Guess I'll just go to steam and PS4 now. Tyler: I'm empathetic to your problem, but keep a positive thought, if GameStop takes it, you can get a discounted PS4 :)

I didn't get any of the free games but I feel for all those unjustly getting the ban hammer. I think they are being extremely harsh for a situation that is caused by their own system allowing it to occur. F them, Sony is where it is at moving forward anyhow.

I think I'm gonna cry now :( ... .
It's a little bit of a shock feeling. I'm not going to cry or anything, but it feels weird.

To be fair, I knew that all my digital purchases weren't forever. I knew that I'd only ever play through most of them once, so even though the fact that a lot of them are now gone, they were always kind of sort of gone anyway.

I never ever played online so I won't be missing anything there.

It's a little bit of a shock feeling. I'm not going to cry or anything, but it feels weird.

To be fair, I knew that all my digital purchases weren't forever. I knew that I'd only ever play through most of them once, so even though the fact that a lot of them are now gone, they were always kind of sort of gone anyway.

It sucks when you have a ton of items on your download history but not on your console. So if you get banned you lose all of those games forever :(

@Tyler: I agree with the others. At least we have PS4 in 50 days (or less now not sure). If it were me and I know Im done with Microsoft like you say you are I would just trade/sell my entire 360 setup and library to make the PS4 that much cheaper. Although I find it mean to trade in a banned console to gamestop, then the next person is automatically screwed if they want live (dont know if GS accepts them and checks for bans).

Did you play Rayman on your main account or just have it downloaded to the console?
I never started up Rayman, but it was downloaded to my console.

The only game I ever started up of those free games was Injustice.

I didn't get any of the free games but I feel for all those unjustly getting the ban hammer. I think they are being extremely harsh for a situation that is caused by their own system allowing it to occur. F them, Sony is where it is at moving forward anyhow.
I agree with you. I mean, I knew what I was doing probably wasn't kosher, but I also feel like I shouldn't be punished this harshly for their fuck ups. Like I said weeks ago, how can I possibly "steal" something from an digital marketplace that is completely controlled by Microsoft. The only way for me to get anything from them is to buy the content at the price they're charging.

It's funny, I never would have thought about taking free games from other regions on my PS3. That's because I like Sony and they've been really good to me over the last year. Microsoft has been rather unfriendly to customers recently and I think that had a lot to do with me even taking the chances I did. I would probably cry if I ever lost my PSN account.

I moved further and further away from it, with school in all. I felt the same way when the family moved houses, shocked, but also an emotional disconnect

@Tyler: I agree with the others. At least we have PS4 in 50 days (or less now not sure). If it were me and I know Im done with Microsoft like you say you are I would just trade/sell my entire 360 setup and library to make the PS4 that much cheaper. Although I find it mean to trade in a banned console to gamestop, then the next person is automatically screwed if they want live (dont know if GS accepts them and checks for bans).
I probably won't try to trade in my 360 to Gamestop. That feels kind of dishonest to me. I may try to sell it on a local classifieds site, and advertise that it works great as an offline machine but it cannot be played online.

I feel bad for you, Tyler. I don't know if I've ever seen  a company hate their customers like MS does. I will never buy a MS console again.

Guys, download the games you have already bought NOW, so you can still play them.

Does anyone know if they ban your console, but not your tag, could you use a usb to buy or dl a game using your brother's console, for instance, then go back to yours and play it there? Of course that only works if they;re only banning consoles and not accounts.

Maybe we need to use our MSP just in case.

Haha I just realized this completely affects my new phone purchase.  No real reason to buy the $150 Ativ S Neo Windows Phone 8 anymore.  I think I like Apple even less than Microsoft, so I guess I'll be grabbing an Android for the first time.  

Thing that probably sucks the most is my Gamerscore. I really like achievements. However it looks like it's still intact, it just won't ever upload to the Xbox servers anymore. But if it keeps counting up, I'll probably keep playing on my 360 for a while. I never earned achievements to show off to other people, just to enjoy myself. Looks like I can still do that.
I got my original account gamerscore reset during the Gears 2 reset wave, I then hacked my account to get it banned. I had about what your gamerscore was, and I've made another one and moved on since then, 4 years ago. Not telling you what to do but just saying.

I also feel for you guys with account AND console bans, but losing the account is worse, I guess (I couldn't afford a new console, so it would be the same to me). Thanks God that the games are playable offline if they are downloaded.

MS is pushing too far with perma-bans for this matter, after all, the people in this thread spend A LOT in games from the marketplace, and I really hope that they could feel it in a reduction of numbers (money is the only language they understand).

I also feel for you guys with account AND console bans, but losing the account is worse, I guess (I couldn't afford a new console, so it would be the same to me). Thanks God that the games are playable offline if they are downloaded.

MS is pushing too far with perma-bans for this matter, after all, the people in this thread spend A LOT in games from the marketplace, and I really hope that they could feel it in a reduction of numbers (money is the only language they understand).
Purchasing a console is still a pain in the ass, and having to buy one before the playstation 4 hits stores stings like a bee. it's good to have a backlog of games, but it appears rock band and fighting games will be my xbox game store (probably sell my games i didn't want but kept for the sake of friends having a console to play with )

It sucks to get banned, but it's not MS fault. You agreed you wouldn't take advantage of pricing in other countries when you agree and then continued to use their service. It does seem a bit harsh, but it could be worse.

Haha thanks for the support guys.

Funny that it would happen this week.  [customspoiler="Personal Story"]In my real life, I've been working as an interim director of a department at a local college for the last 2+ years.  Because it's a public institution, the policies are very strict, and can't just be permanently promoted into the position.  I've had to go through the entire hiring process for the position and compete against 40+ candidates.  I got down to the final 4 candidates, then the final 2 and had my final interview yesterday.  I should be hearing tomorrow about whether or not I get the job or am no longer employed. So even though this Xbox ban is a pretty big deal for me since I'm a huge gamer, it really doesn't even register that much with me since I've been so focused on my job and so nervous about hearing the final announcement.  Hopefully this ban isn't a bad oman omen.[/customspoiler]

It sucks to get banned, but it's not MS fault. You agreed you wouldn't take advantage of pricing in other countries when you agree and then continued to use their service. It does seem a bit harsh, but it could be worse.
I must have missed that part when I instantly went to the agree button during sign up.

^At least you help prove my point. I didnt either. I just hit agree lol.

Good luck with the job Tyler. Hope all goes well.

I feel for all of you with bans. I think it really sucks, maybe it's wrong to take advantage of the free games, but why such a heavy handed punishment for someone who has clearly spent way more money on the service and games than they lost out on this one exploit/glitch? a warning or something less severe would make more sense. Why completely screw over paying customers? If I got banned, you best believe I'd sell everything xbox and make the move to PS3/PS4. (I didn't download any games from Oman but its the principle of the matter) Regardless of what's in the TOS, it's crappy of microsoft to make a move against paying customers like this. You lose your games on demand, DLC, cloud saves, etc.

I could hope that this leads to a huge backlash including all the cancellations of xbone preorders and that gets MS to do a 180 again. But nah, there's no point in waiting for that. Time to go preorder a PS4 and never look back.

If your console gets banned, can you use a non-banned account on a usb stick to buy  a game on an unbanned console, then stick it back in your banned console and play it there? I'm assuming you can...

This reminds me of the South Park episode.
If that's the case, then I guess I should be happy with just a console and account ban.

Anyways, I'm gonna go grab a pizza, then check out the digital damage. I'll probably post what I lost here if anyone cares to check it out.

Mind pointing that out in the ToS? I never agreed to such things.
I read through the ToS and Code of Conduct MS always link to in the ban email, it isn't there.

But basically the ToS is whatever they say it is, this makes my new attitude to digital purchases "Don't spend what you aren't prepared to lose".

Oh cool, found an unredeemed 1600 MSP card.  Glad I didn't decide to redeem that, I can get some cash back for it. :)

well i just tried to sign on to spend the $100 i had left in my account and im console banned.

i havent gotten an email about my account yet but i played those games so i guess its coming.

I read through the ToS and Code of Condust MS always link to in the ban email, it isn't there.

But basically the ToS is whatever they say it is, this makes my new attitude to digital purchases "Don't spend what you aren't prepared to lose".
  • 1.2. Are there additional terms for using the Services? Our goal is to create a safer and more secure environment so when using the Services, users must abide by these Terms of Use, the Xbox LIVE usage rules (http://www.xbox.com/usagerules), the Microsoft Anti-Spam Policy (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=117951) and the Code of Conduct (http://www.xbox.com/legal/codeofconduct), all of which are part of this Agreement (collectively the "Agreement").
From the code of conduct:

• Do not attempt to utilize or share fraudulent methods to obtain content or Microsoft Points.

I'm assuming they consider this fraudulent.

Not to throw salt in the wound of all those banned brothers and sisters, but has anyone else received a "thank for gold" free game code in there messages and main login page on Xbox. I got one today for ms splosion man. It felt like a trap after all this ban talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back