XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hotpocket']Me neither. Glad I was able to snag it though.[/QUOTE]
You have to make sure the account you "bought" the game on is connected to your 360 (I mean that it's already a profile stored on there). If not, recover your account and it will store onto the 360. Then the DL will proceed as normal as long as you're logged into the account that "purchased" the item. Once it's been downloaded, as long as the main account (the one with the purchase info) is saved on the 360, any profile can access and play the game.

[quote name='aeonus']It appears to be still live on a German facebook page. Seems hit or miss whether it gives you codes, though. I didn't get any.

https://www.facebook.com/spark7stmk/app_156059707885581[/QUOTE]
I did manage to get the code.
Make sure you have Google Translate open since Chrome was hit/miss for me when it was translating.

You have to "Like" the picture thing for the Toy Soldiers code to appear (unlike the page after you're done if you want). Then, you have to "Share" it to your wall for the Comic Jumper code to appear (again delete it after if you want).

Hope it helps!
Although I'm not sure if the link works anymore.

[quote name='yokuo']I just tried it on my account. The buttons are broken on mine.[/QUOTE]

The first time I hit the Comic Jumper one, I got a bunch of German, but didn't see a code. I thought maybe I'd clicked the wrong thing. Closed, tried again, and the second time, it did nothing at all.

[quote name='yokuo']I just tried it on my account. The buttons are broken on mine.[/QUOTE]

Same here, thanks for the link though.

I have a two week gold code if anyone has a Comic Jumper code they wanna trade for it...

Well if it works for anyone and they get a Comic Jumper code they don't need, I'd always appreciate a PM. :)

Yeah, seems dead for me too.

If anyone has a Toy Soldiers code they don't want I've got a 2 week XBL trial and some bing MSP points I could throw your way.

[quote name='Masters_93']I did manage to get the code.
Make sure you have Google Translate open since Chrome was hit/miss for me when it was translating.

You have to "Like" the picture thing for the Toy Soldiers code to appear (unlike the page after you're done if you want). Then, you have to "Share" it to your wall for the Comic Jumper code to appear (again delete it after if you want).

Hope it helps!
Although I'm not sure if the link works anymore.[/QUOTE]

sadness, doesn't work for me. just want Comic Jumper and don't really feel like paying money I don't have for it.

[quote name='MRGx']...just want Comic Jumper and don't really feel like paying money I don't have for it.[/QUOTE]
Same. I considered buying the Twisted Pixel Bundle, but the only game I even need from it is Comic Jumper..

I will feel dumber than I already do if I was the only one fooled by the dashboard's "Tax Day Sale" and clicked on it enthusiastically only to find it is the same items on discount as the rest of the the week. I recall one other time where the dashboard had a tile marked as a sale, which only lists one page of actual discounts (expected of the week), and about 4 other pages of regularly priced games. I guess April fools is more effective when I am not expecting it. Or perhaps for silver members, that Lara Croft: Guardian of Light error is payback for the mean ruse to me (I had purchased the game in one of the many times it was 600MSP, so great for those who never bit).

So far the whole month featured plenty of XBLA titles for discount which assists with the MyPunchcards rewards offer. My bounty for this week remains solely upon Marvel Vs. Capcom: Origins, since I already acquired much of the rest which interests me from prior discounts. So I still have a remainder of 2000MSP of XBLA titles to purchase this month if I am to claim the 800MSP rebate. Fortunately, this upcoming week will have more XBLA titles on discount for me to finish the reward requirements.

[CUSTOMSPOILER=XBLA MVC]
[quote name='whitereflection']I think Marvel vs. Capcom is an arcade port, right? Not a Dreamcast port? Because the DC version has co-op and I want to rebuy the game if this one has it as well.[/QUOTE]

For the MVC half of the XBLA release, it is trying to be close to the arcade release. I had forgotten the fun madness of 4-player mode on the Dreamcast version until you mentioned it (also a fun feature of DOA2-4 and SFxT). This XBLA release only offers 2 player versus, as it was in the arcades. I noticed MVC does replicate some flicker and some slowdown (based on when I do a double War Destroyer, I am pretty familiar with the various results from the situation) but not quite as much as it was in the original CPS2 arcade hardware; unlike the Dreamcast version which ran at the intended speed (and dishing out the correct/intended amount of damage) at all times.

[quote name='bigwightdog']Anyone know if MvC origins is worth it? I have MvC 2 already, but was trying to figure if there was a reason to own both.[/QUOTE]

I find them both to be different, the first MvC was 2v2 (with cool unique special guest 3rd partners like characters from Cyberbots, Forgotten Worlds, Quiz Rainbow Dreams, Three Wonders, etc.) while the subsequent MvC games were full-on 3v3 matches. Also unlike MvC2, which was practically all Marvel vs. Marvel, because of its smorgasbord approach to the roster/mechanics, with the only viable Capcom characters in my opinion Strider and Captain Commando (primarily for assist) [Anakaris would have been great if not for how he lives forever by story, but dies quickly in the game from his low HP; Bulletta and Hayato are interestingly okay but nothing to the M side]; the original MvC, limited by roster, has an interesting mix of styles. Granted I did flow quite a bit to Striderine teams (Strider + War Machine/Wolverine), and one may see too many of the typical guest character assists due to their efficiency (Colossus, Psylocke, Lou, Arthur ... at least I like using Michelle Heart ^^), and I have a feeling that you may encounter that a lot online. The nice part don't forget is that Marvel Vs. Capcom: Origins also includes Marvel Super Heroes, which also has a unique system for its mechanics with the gems. [I have not given any time into my MVC3 games so I cannot make any fair assessments of the modern games at this time, aside from the potential improvement I see with a comeback mechanic with X-factor, but MVC2 does hold a special place for me and my nostalgia, even when I am awful at them]

[quote name='Zonic505']As for MvC1, there's 6, but aside from Roll, most are just different versions of existing characters but different attacks/stats. Either you can do the annoyingly long codes for them or just use vault points to unlock the ability to just choose them like normal[/QUOTE]

I have fun with the glass-cannon Venom and non-guarding but armored characters. It doesn't appear any listing of the character codes online ever mention the way I remembered the codes: just draw (right-handed) a 1&2, 3&4, ..., 9&0, etc. on the character roster, then move over to its slot to access the extra palette-swapped characters. As for the special guest assist characters, count which one you want (starting from upper left to lower right) and just hold start along with the binary code for the character (LP=1, MP=2, HP=4, LK=8, MK=16, etc.). Knowing these methods would probably make it less about memorizing the long/complicated codes and you can just pick the characters you want.

[quote name='eastx']If you're interested in fighting games but don't want to get an arcade stick for some reason, consider the Hori EX Pad 2. It's got a great button layout and the best d-pad of any 360 controller. $27 right now at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I am awful at being a CAG for controllers. I kind of prefer to use the precision equipment for the appropriate games, but I just have to always settle on a compromise because I just don't want to spend so much. I'd love a force feedback steering wheel/pedals for driving games, flight stick for flying games, light guns for on-rails gun games, keyboard and mouse for FPS (I'm more used to it than dual analogs), yet I am at this horrible place for fighting games. With fighting games, I come from pad play, and the best for me are the Sega Saturn pads (I just wish XYZ are same size as ABC); I've tried the Madcatz and PDP fight pads on the 360 which attempt to mimic the feel, but I find flaws with them that just bother me for execution (loose feeling, D-pad too close to the left edge of the whole pad, non-tactile directions, etc.). I have yet to try that Hori pad you linked, I am very curious about its D-pad (I find the original stock 360 D-pads the worst of all the consoles I ever owned, and I actually think the transforming D-pads of recent are tolerable if they didn't break on me [Best Buy probably has a warning picture of me, with all my warranty exchanges since I always break them within a span of 1 week to 5 months]).

I tried transitioning to joystick, but that opens all sorts of new issues for me: I prefer Seimitsu sticks (shooting games preferred stick) with Sanwa pushbuttons (fighting games preferred buttons), with the button layout in the Sega Astro City cabinets (curve/angle nicer to me than the usual Vewlix cabinet layout these days) and more space between the stick and buttons like recent Hori sticks (earlier ones had them close, just like current Madcatz offerings); my only option is a totally custom build for a stick, which is costly, sure to scare away any CAG. Even worse, specifically for the Marvel/X-men Vs. Capcom/Street Fighter series, I actually prefer HAPP stick and buttons, which I grew accustomed to for the game in the days of arcade and Japanese styled sticks I feel are inadequate for this specific type of game. Even with controllers my tastes are as odd as my taste in games. What I really need are devil robot hands.
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

[quote name='tylerh1701']Dungeon Defenders is best play cooperatively. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet (I got it free with PS+) but most impressions seem to be that it's quite a challenge if you plan on playing it solo. Just FYI.[/QUOTE]

I haven't started Dungeon Defenders from the instant collection yet either. For those who have multiple platforms, I think this game has more stuff on other platforms exclusive pets/items/whatever for PS3 in addition to mods or custom content on PC. I do not think I heard/read anything that suggests the XBLA release gets any exclusive or unique features. Correct me if I am wrong please, I am just trying to assist with purchasing decisions by mentioning the product differentiation amongst platforms. [Similar to how the PS3 and PC gets the 2nd episode DLC of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light while the XBLA gets shafted =(] Good news if one prefers to play on the 360, it is not significant content.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The [Twisted Pixel games bundle] price is a limited time deal:[/QUOTE]

I am not the biggest fan of Twisted Pixel games (although, I have not played The Gunstringer). I will say they sure do like to stuff their games with as much content as possible to make their games feel like they are worth the price. Two different sets of 49 single player and 49 multiplayer stages in both 'Splosion games (plus +1 single and +1 multiplayer for the free DLC of the original), all the concept art and videos in Comic Jumper, and The Maw was a sign of the possibilities of new original titles for XBLA in its day. Of the four titles, the 'Splosion Man games are the better ones (sequel being best of the bunch), but I just cannot like them because I am the worst at the games (I've probably died more than anyone else playing the games, ever). Just know that is just my odd taste in games, so it's probably likely you may think otherwise [at least I do think Comic Jumper is the most yuck of the four titles].

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']So question: do you use your mic online, outside of with friends obviously?[/QUOTE]

All the time, no one ever responds. I remember seeing a few of the thread zombies here on Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, I say "hi" then I think they are all like "oh, it's that shaq-fu-er " ... I still find it amusing when I find y'all in the wilds of Xbox Live ^^.

[quote name='Francision']Ended up getting Mortal Kombat Arkade Kollektion.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Dunno if this is old news, but I Am Alive is live at 480 points (this is Monday night, right? I'm not mistaking it for Tuesday night)[/QUOTE]
Looks like XBL pushed the DOTW early! Hacking the OP now, so here's payment for your patience ... All done, enjoy!

And because you asked for it ... Metacritic & Quick Look links have returned! :D

I had completely written off Black Knight Sword but I played the trial and liked the style. Too bad the trial spent most of the time on tutorial rather than combat. I laughed at the P(ussy)-Whipped achievement for collecting all cat grass. I think I'll pass for now still.

Can't wait to get I Am Alive and Hell Yeah!!

Friends! I very much want the game Comic Jumper, send please to me a code, I very much ask you. I can exchange for 14 DAYS TRIAL GOLD.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I had completely written off Black Knight Sword but I played the trial and liked the style. Too bad the trial spent most of the time on tutorial rather than combat. I laughed at the P(ussy)-Whipped achievement for collecting all cat grass. I think I'll pass for now still.

Can't wait to get I Am Alive and Hell Yeah!![/QUOTE]

I decided to download the trial for Black Knight Sword and wasn't expecting much as the reviews had all been middle of the road. I wish the trial included the boss battle but wow, I'm smitten with this game. The style is fabulous, reminds me a lot of Terry Gilliam's stuff for Monty Python - I'm absolutely charmed by it and will be buying it in a moment. Sadly I have 380 msp in my account for some reason so I'm just short. Have to go and top up now through Amazon. But I would recommend this for anyone who likes Terry Gilliam's aesthetics. It's a gorgeous game and the platforming is actually pretty spot on - nice to have a game where the controls don't feel floaty.

Might try the trial for Hell Yeah!! and will probably pick up I Am Alive even though I should know better.

[quote name='Joker777136']Friends! I very much want the game Comic Jumper, send please to me a code, I very much ask you. I can exchange for 14 DAYS TRIAL GOLD.[/QUOTE]

Just..... No

^ Everyone who keeps asking for free codes, this is not the thread for that. Please keep begging or trading to the correct forums.

If anyone really wants Comic Jumper it's available in the Twisted Pixel Games bundle for 800 MSP and you also get 3 other games too.

I Am Alive is a game I really wanted to like but it's just so....uninspired?

I was really expecting a fresh experience, and the demo does a good job selling that idea as you feel the confrontations will be tense showdowns as you try to survive with 1 (or sometimes 0) bullet in the chamber against a hostile group.

Then you begin to realize that this scenario will play out every 3 minutes ad infinitum and the tension drains out of you. The experience gets lost in the "video game" aspects of it all, much like many games as of late.

[quote name='Joker777136']Friends! I very much want the game Comic Jumper, send please to me a code, I very much ask you. I can exchange for 14 DAYS TRIAL GOLD.[/QUOTE]

Are you a Nigerian prince with billions of dollars?

Just a heads up to anyone buying Black Knight Sword. The demo makes it out like it is a simple platformer that is really not too difficult. But a word to the wise the difficulty ramps up quick. I'm still loving this game but man I'm getting my ass handed to me by some of these cheap hitting enemies. Checkpoints are sort of few and far between, which means a lot of backtracking when you do die. And I'm guessing that when you run out of lives you get sent back to the start of the level. And these levels are long. So word to the wise, it's a difficult platformer. I'm still intrigued by it but for those who hate difficult games the demo is not a good example of the game's difficulty, it's crazy hard.

[quote name='skonson']Just a heads up to anyone buying Black Knight Sword. The demo makes it out like it is a simple platformer that is really not too difficult. But a word to the wise the difficulty ramps up quick. I'm still loving this game but man I'm getting my ass handed to me by some of these cheap hitting enemies. Checkpoints are sort of few and far between, which means a lot of backtracking when you do die. And I'm guessing that when you run out of lives you get sent back to the start of the level. And these levels are long. So word to the wise, it's a difficult platformer. I'm still intrigued by it but for those who hate difficult games the demo is not a good example of the game's difficulty, it's crazy hard.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the advice, Sine Mora (same dev) was also pretty hard.

Even with the challenge Black Knight Sword brings, its worth the purchase...especially at 400 points. Plus, we need to keep supporting Suda 51...the guy just knows how to make games. :)

[quote name='Rollobobo']Even with the challenge Black Knight Sword brings, its worth the purchase...especially at 400 points. Plus, we need to keep supporting Suda 51...the guy just knows how to make games. :)[/QUOTE]

Definitely. I don't regret purchasing it. 400 msp is a steal. Just wanted to make sure people didn't think it was as easy as the demo level demonstrates cause the difficulty ramps up quickly about 2 minutes after the demo ends. It's a great game by one of the few developers who always makes interesting games, even when they're not great games (Lollipop Chainsaw for instance) they're interesting and worth playing. I plan on playing the hell out of it. It's just ridiculously hard and the demo makes it out to be a cakewalk. It ain't.

[quote name='Cornelius']Looks like XBL pushed the DOTW early! Hacking the OP now, so here's payment for your patience ... All done, enjoy!

And because you asked for it ... Metacritic & Quick Look links have returned! :D[/QUOTE]

:applause: Thank you!

[quote name='skonson']I decided to download the trial for Black Knight Sword and wasn't expecting much as the reviews had all been middle of the road. I wish the trial included the boss battle but wow, I'm smitten with this game. The style is fabulous, reminds me a lot of Terry Gilliam's stuff for Monty Python - I'm absolutely charmed by it and will be buying it in a moment. Sadly I have 380 msp in my account for some reason so I'm just short. Have to go and top up now through Amazon. But I would recommend this for anyone who likes Terry Gilliam's aesthetics. It's a gorgeous game and the platforming is actually pretty spot on - nice to have a game where the controls don't feel floaty.

Might try the trial for Hell Yeah!! and will probably pick up I Am Alive even though I should know better.[/QUOTE]

Haha that's funny, I have 390 MSP and am looking at Black Knight Sword as well. Luckily I have an unused Bing code that I'll just put on my account.

So far I have picked up I Am Alive and Black Knight Sword (love me some Suda 51). I managed to snag Lara Croft last night during the brief time it was on sale. Now if I could only get the free Comic Jumper to show up.

Also a free DLC pack for Forza Horizon is out today:
Forza Horizon - 1000 Club Expansion Pack

To get all of the punch cards I need to buy at least one more game and spend 1720 more points. Hopefully there are some decent sales coming up otherwise I will pick up Final Fantasy Crystal Defenders (it's been nearly 3 years since it was last on sale) and God Mode looks interesting so I will definitely give the demo a shot.

Oh and just to continue the Suda 51 love....here's a trailer for his new game, Killer is Dead!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KIg7ayGz38

Already got mine pre-ordered and can't wait till the end of August. Do yourself a favor and spend that 400 microsoft points on Black Knight Sword. It's hard, but its worth it for the style alone. This guy needs to keep making games!!!!

[quote name='skonson']I decided to download the trial for Black Knight Sword and wasn't expecting much as the reviews had all been middle of the road. I wish the trial included the boss battle but wow, I'm smitten with this game. The style is fabulous, reminds me a lot of Terry Gilliam's stuff for Monty Python - I'm absolutely charmed by it and will be buying it in a moment. Sadly I have 380 msp in my account for some reason so I'm just short. Have to go and top up now through Amazon. But I would recommend this for anyone who likes Terry Gilliam's aesthetics. It's a gorgeous game and the platforming is actually pretty spot on - nice to have a game where the controls don't feel floaty.

Might try the trial for Hell Yeah!! and will probably pick up I Am Alive even though I should know better.[/QUOTE]

haha the CGRUndertow review said the exact same thing about it being like Terry Gilliam. I actually didn't know it was a platformer, somehow I was imagining an RPG/Brawler or something. Will definitely try the demo now, as I love platformers, and it looks pretty cool:)

If anyone here has played both Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2, and Geometry Wars Galaxies on Wii, is it worth owning both? I haven't played the Wii one that much, but wonder if they made a lot of changes to RE2 that make it worth getting. The Wii game also includes the original Retro Evolve.

The only reason I would pick up Black Knight Sword is if I needed another game to get the last punch on my punchcard. The downside to owning a ton of games I guess, is that when you have to scramble to pick up something for a promotion like this the pickings are really slim.
Can anyone verify that dlc does not count toward the 3200 arcade purchases for the last punch card? I am assuming it doesn't, but if it does then my problem is solved. :)

[quote name='ooga']The only reason I would pick up Black Knight Sword is if I needed another game to get the last punch on my punchcard. The downside to owning a ton of games I guess, is that when you have to scramble to pick up something for a promotion like this the pickings are really slim.
Can anyone verify that dlc does not count toward the 3200 arcade purchases for the last punch card? I am assuming it doesn't, but if it does then my problem is solved. :)[/QUOTE]

they verified on the xbox.com forums that it indeed does not:cry:

I wish it did, as I'd go ahead and get the Maw and ilomilo DLC, but now I'm just going to hold out.

EDIT: haha I just realized are gamertags are pretty similar (prefix+noun as adjective+animal);)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']they verified on the xbox.com forums that it indeed does not:cry:

I wish it did, as I'd go ahead and get the Maw and ilomilo DLC, but now I'm just going to hold out.
[/quote]

Bummer. I really needed an excuse to pick up the few FX2 tables I am missing.
Oh well, I may pick up some obscure 400 msp titles. I was looking at some lesser known titles yesterday. Small Arms, Happy tree friends, and polar panic look somewhat interesting. All of them will probably suck, so I will need to check out some demos.
With my backlog the last thing I need are frustratingly difficult games like Black Knight Sword.

EDIT: haha I just realized are gamertags are pretty similar (prefix+noun as adjective+animal);)

:)

[quote name='ooga']The only reason I would pick up Black Knight Sword is if I needed another game to get the last punch on my punchcard. The downside to owning a ton of games I guess, is that when you have to scramble to pick up something for a promotion like this the pickings are really slim.
Can anyone verify that dlc does not count toward the 3200 arcade purchases for the last punch card? I am assuming it doesn't, but if it does then my problem is solved. :)[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. Had already owned all the games I wanted from previous sales. On the fence about Black Knight Sword, since I recently played Shadows of the Damned (also Suda 51) and the side-scrolling sections of that was annoying and ugly (art-style is similar to BKS).

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']they verified on the xbox.com forums that it indeed does not:cry:

[/QUOTE]

Good thing I saw this post. Was going to pick up the new Scott Pilgrim DLC for 400msp, but going to wait on it now since it won't count towards the 3200 spent.

[quote name='ooga']Bummer. I really needed an excuse to pick up the few FX2 tables I am missing.
Oh well, I may pick up some obscure 400 msp titles. I was looking at some lesser known titles yesterday. Small Arms, Happy tree friends, and polar panic look somewhat interesting. All of them will probably suck, so I will need to check out some demos.
With my backlog the last thing I need are frustratingly difficult games like Black Knight Sword.

:)[/QUOTE]

Happy Tree Friends and Small Arms are fun. Not sure what the price is nowadays. But if they are only 400 I would try them out. Small Arms is a generic Super Smash Bros and I enjoyed it. And Happy Tree Friends you guide your characters to safety. I dont know if anyone cares, but very few people have completed Happy Tree Friends, it is a pretty damn annoying 200. Not undoable just annoying (ive done it). Small Arms has a little DLC as well. I think it is cheap regardless and adds two characters.

So Black Knight Sword isn't a fighting game? Looked like a mediocre fighting game. I'll try the trial tonight.

Bought Kill Team. Holy mindless time sink, wouldn't recommend unless you're an achievement whore.

[quote name='ooga']Bummer. I really needed an excuse to pick up the few FX2 tables I am missing.

:)[/QUOTE]

I only checked in because I noticed Polar Panic. Polar Panic was a blast trying to improve my time completing the levels and a rather easy 200 gamerscore. Fun puzzle title in my opinion. Out of the three you just mentioned, I would recommend Polar Panic. I tried getting into Happy Tree Friends and found myself bored. Small Arms is decent and kind of like a Smash Bros. type of fighter.

Hell Yeah is a great game too and well worth the asking price. I snagged it the last time it was on sale. On the fence about Black Knight. On one hand it is a Suda51 and that = awesome'ness, but on the other I have read it becomes difficult and takes the enjoyment out of the game with poor checkpoints and frustrating enemies later on.

[quote name='freshzen'].

Bought Kill Team. Holy mindless time sink, wouldn't recommend unless you're an achievement whore.[/QUOTE]

Or if you enjoy that style of game.

All of the code begging for stuff last night was really, really tacky. If nobody's offering codes, don't beg for them.

Still nothing interesting on sale that I don't already have.

Have 650 points. Don't have any of the sale games or last week sale games which still seem to be on sale. Also looking at Guardian Hereos. Would get Dungeon Defenders but I'd be playing it solo. Looking at grabbing Bionic Commando and War Hammer Kill Team. But not sure. Any Recs?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Still nothing interesting on sale that I don't already have.[/QUOTE]

You're starting to remind me of IATCG in the PSN thread. :lol:

[quote name='biledriver']Or if you enjoy that style of game.[/QUOTE]

Smash TV style? It's pretty played out at this point, and Kill Team isn't a stand out version of the gameplay type. I can't imagine many people would actually really like it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']You're starting to remind me of IATCG from the PSN thread. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Wow. That's the worst insult I've ever received. Damn.

The reason you're wrong is that I have a few hundred XBLA/PSN games, so the amount of stuff on the list that I already have removes a lot of candidates from each week's list of sales. This week is just Black Knight Sword and Hell Yeah.

If I bragged about having $50 worth of points on my account and there being no good games on the list to spend it on, you might have a point.

[quote name='freshzen']Smash TV style? It's pretty played out at this point, and Kill Team isn't a stand out version of the gameplay type. I can't imagine many people would actually really like it.[/QUOTE]
The basic gist of what I'm saying is it's always going to be to each their own.

I don't know why anyone ants to play basic third person cover shooters or FPS' but they do. If time sinks don't appeal to anyone, then MMOs and other games would have died awhile ago.

There's someone in this thread saying people should support Suda 51. I have tried most of his games and despised the gameplay and hated the art style. That's just how it is. You assume too much with your opinion, especially when these are reduced price games.

Most CAGs aren't much on the G these days and are more CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back