XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Major Nelson almost always posts the upcoming deals on the day before they go into effect (Monday) at the earliest unless he/they want to brag about them, so you're probably not going to hear anything until next week. i don't think anybody besides Major Nelson posts that sort of stuff, but I could be wrong about that.
[/QUOTE]
Major Nelson updates on tuesdays (each two weeks).

It's too bad that the current free Gold weekend doesn't provide the Gold account discounts. I realize that might irk a few Gold members as it is a perk of being a paid subscriber though. As it is I'll just hold off on I Am Alive.

[quote name='chuckie88']It's too bad that the current free Gold weekend doesn't provide the Gold account discounts. I realize that might irk a few Gold members as it is a perk of being a paid subscriber though. As it is I'll just hold off on I Am Alive.[/QUOTE]

just an FYI, there is a thread on here for a free month of gold. People are using it multiple times, so you should be able to:)

I must have been really tired a couple nights ago while playing the Terreria demo...I'm not sure why I ended up buying it. I regret my 1200pts purchase...ugh.

so I just want to ask: will I have time between when the new deals get announced and when they go up, to decide if I'm going to bite on GeoWars (yes, still on the fence. Need to make sure there is something to fill the 600MSP gap)?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']just an FYI, there is a thread on here for a free month of gold. People are using it multiple times, so you should be able to:)[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately the link wouldn't work for me as I no longer have the PC that was previously associated with the account. I didn't have any phone numbers or anything attached to it either so Microsoft kept wanting me to verify security BS. It all went through fine but may take too long to complete to be able to utilize it. No big deal, I'll live without it just fine.Thanks in advance for when/if it does work out though! :lol:

Telltale games Poker Night 2 is releasing on Xbox the 24th for 800 points. It has Borderlands 2 unlocks as well as avatar awards. The unlocks are from Sam and Max, Venture Bros, Portal, Borderlands 2, and Evil Dead. The unlockables are worth it for most who are going in on it, but I'm looking forward to Glad0s as the sarcastic dealer.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so I just want to ask: will I have time between when the new deals get announced and when they go up, to decide if I'm going to bite on GeoWars (yes, still on the fence. Need to make sure there is something to fill the 600MSP gap)?[/QUOTE]
Not really.

[quote name='Dieidiotscum']Telltale games Poker Night 2 is releasing on Xbox the 24th for 800 points. It has Borderlands 2 unlocks as well as avatar awards. The unlocks are from Sam and Max, Venture Bros, Portal, Borderlands 2, and Evil Dead. The unlockables are worth it for most who are going in on it, but I'm looking forward to Glad0s as the sarcastic dealer.[/QUOTE]
Sigh.. of course it's $5 more than the Steam version... I'll end up getting it on the 360 since that's where I played Borderlands 2, though.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Can anyone recommend God Mode? I'm tempted to buy it because it looks fun but don't want to regret wasting 800 Msp if game sucks.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat.

[quote name='Dieidiotscum']Telltale games Poker Night 2 is releasing on Xbox the 24th for 800 points. It has Borderlands 2 unlocks as well as avatar awards. The unlocks are from Sam and Max, Venture Bros, Portal, Borderlands 2, and Evil Dead. The unlockables are worth it for most who are going in on it, but I'm looking forward to Glad0s as the sarcastic dealer.[/QUOTE]

Waiting for reviews of the poker AI as apparently the first was junk according to reviews I've read.

[quote name='lordopus99']Not really.[/QUOTE]

thanks, guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and hope something good goes on sale:pray:

well so much for that. Would have gotten it even if it was mediocre, just for the banter, at 400, but 800 no way. To many other games I'd rather play, hopefully there will be a sale sometime, or it will end up on PS+.

well so much for that. Would have gotten it even if it was mediocre, just for the banter, at 400, but 800 no way. To many other games I'd rather play, hopefully there will be a sale sometime, or it will end up on PS+.

Looking at the upgrade path for Motocross Madness, there is sort of a Road Rash element that lets you punch opponents if they get close enough. There's also a lot of abilities to let you steer and brake mid-air and such as you play more, which is a bit odd that there are so many moves hidden behind the ranking system. I don't know what the point of the Rivals mode is other than just letting you race against developer's times, which are easy through the first few tracks.

The sandbox mode is neat like the original's sandbox, though they've designed the levels to be more realistically built so that driving up the paths up this pyramid in the first level leads to a ramp that is obscured by posts and such that makes it hard to get a proper jump off. I'd have appreciated it if they weren't so anal about that stuff and built it to be a bit more fun. If you remember the iconic bounce you get when you rode into the sandbox's invisible walls, those are sort of still there, but you get thrown off of the bike a far ways instead of staying on the bike like in the old game with no response from your driver about this crazy occurrence.

If you're expecting a sim racer like the old games (RIP Rainbow Studios), you'll be disappointed since they've injected some Burnout aspects with the boost system and shortcuts. It's a decent purchase at 800 points if you're fine with that since there's a bunch of content there. I would've liked it if they explained the crash rating stuff a bit more and maybe added Skate's broken bone stuff to evaluate the nastiness of the crash.

Can anyone give me some feedback on Gotham City Imposters? Its half off, and I cannot, for the life of me, bring myself to make the "right" decision.

[quote name='KMC']Can anyone give me some feedback on Gotham City Imposters? Its half off, and I cannot, for the life of me, bring myself to make the "right" decision.[/QUOTE]

the trial is just one hour of the complete game, so it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Be forewarned, you have to download three compatibility packs as well as the trial, to do anything but the tutorial. So make sure to add them to your queue.

From the tutorial, it seems fun and rather offbeat and different, but I haven't tried anymore yet due to having to download the before mentioned updates.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so I just want to ask: will I have time between when the new deals get announced and when they go up, to decide if I'm going to bite on GeoWars (yes, still on the fence. Need to make sure there is something to fill the 600MSP gap)?[/QUOTE]
Ive bought games on Tuesday after theyre technically expired and the next week's deals have become active but I wouldnt recommend banking on it.

I picked up GW2 and its totally worth 200msp, you wont regret it. Im not one of those people whos into shooters but all the different game mofes keep it interesting.

Where is it confirmed to be 800msp? I don't doubt you, just curious.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Where is it confirmed to be 800msp? I don't doubt you, just curious.[/QUOTE]

PSN is confirmed to be $10 so I think it would be pretty pointless for it to release on XBLA for more.

Also it is $5 on steam and includes the first Poker Night.

[quote name='in boston']Ive bought games on Tuesday after theyre technically expired and the next week's deals have become active but I wouldnt recommend banking on it.

I picked up GW2 and its totally worth 200msp, you wont regret it. Im not one of those people whos into shooters but all the different game mofes keep it interesting.[/QUOTE]

in boston is right, I'm not sure why that other guy said "Not Really". DotW deals generally go live early Tuesday morning, and Major Nelson usually posts the "Coming Soon to Xbox Marketplace" right around 7am Mountain Time. The previous weeks deals generally don't revert until a few hours later.

If you're paying attention on Tuesday morning, you can see what deals Major Nelson announces, and if there's nothing interesting to you, then you can get in on the current sales still. I can't 100% guarantee this will work every time, but it has worked for me every time I've tried it.

I definitely recommend Geometry Wars 2 for 200msp, very fun game, every time you die it makes you wanna just restart right away to try and do better.

I feel like I actually accomplished something gaming wise this weekend, I knocked out two games from my XBLA backlog. I beat Call of Duty Classic (in backlog for 3 and a half years) and Castle Crashers. I decided to go through my backlog in alphabetical order but I'm skipping games I have beaten before on other consoles (ie Banjo).

On another note, looks like I'm a PS+ member for 3 more months. Thought I had turned off auto renew but apparently I didn't and it subtracted $17.99 from my wallet. Guess I should use that time to beat those rented games.

[quote name='LordVila']I feel like I actually accomplished something gaming wise this weekend, I knocked out two games from my XBLA backlog. I beat Call of Duty Classic (in backlog for 3 and a half years) and Castle Crashers. I decided to go through my backlog in alphabetical order but I'm skipping games I have beaten before on other consoles (ie Banjo).[/QUOTE]

I always wonder how other people work through their backlogs. I was going by date of release, but then I ended up playing a bunch of open world games back to back. Now I just rotate 2 retail, and one xbla game at a time. Wish I wasn't an achievement whore, this would be easier.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']I definitely recommend Geometry Wars 2 for 200msp, very fun game, every time you die it makes you wanna just restart right away to try and do better.[/QUOTE]
I agree with him. I'm having hours of fun from this game (bought it this week for 200 msp).

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Can anyone recommend God Mode? I'm tempted to buy it because it looks fun but don't want to regret wasting 800 Msp if game sucks.[/QUOTE]

It sucks.

The gameplay is tedious, the AI is awful, the matchmaking takes forever and games frequently stop working dead after a few minutes. Plus there is no local co-op, so in a few weeks, this game will be dead and gone.

Pickup a copy of The Club for half the price if you want a good third person shooter:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Club-Xbox...=1366502973&sr=8-1&keywords=the+club+xbox+360

[quote name='E.Nich']I agree with him. I'm having hours of fun from this game (bought it this week for 200 msp).[/QUOTE]

I do as well. Easily worth 200 points.

[quote name='hotpocket']I do as well. Easily worth 200 points.[/QUOTE]
Have to agree also. It's much better than the first one in every way, and fun enough to well justify the asking price. I've actually had it for a while. Still can't beat the last game mode and finish the achievements... lol

EDIT: Still can't beat the last mode or get the achievements tied to it. I just tried again.

Somebody tell me to buy Worms 2; Armageddon @ 400msp....and somebody get Scorched Earth on XBLA. Do not touch the graphics or anything, straight port.

[quote name='wEEman33']It sucks.

The gameplay is tedious, the AI is awful, the matchmaking takes forever and games frequently stop working dead after a few minutes. Plus there is no local co-op, so in a few weeks, this game will be dead and gone.

Pickup a copy of The Club for half the price if you want a good third person shooter:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Club-Xbox...=1366502973&sr=8-1&keywords=the+club+xbox+360[/QUOTE]

Completely agree, the game is very repetitive and just nothing that special. The lack of local coop was just a very poor choice, as I could see there being some fun had with a buddy. As wEEman stated the game will likely be dead and gone in a few weeks and you'll be stuck playing it all alone. Sad too, I was looking forward to the title as I'm 800 points shy of the XBL rewards promo, but I'll definitely hold off for something else.

[quote name='sk8ordie']Somebody tell me to buy Worms 2; Armageddon @ 400msp....and somebody get Scorched Earth on XBLA. Do not touch the graphics or anything, straight port.[/QUOTE]

Ok.....buy Worms 2.
You're welcome. :)

[quote name='naughtynuggetz']Completely agree, the game is very repetitive and just nothing that special. The lack of local coop was just a very poor choice, as I could see there being some fun had with a buddy. As wEEman stated the game will likely be dead and gone in a few weeks and you'll be stuck playing it all alone. Sad too, I was looking forward to the title as I'm 800 points shy of the XBL rewards promo, but I'll definitely hold off for something else.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying there is no single player mode? Or are you saying that since it's so repetitive you have to play it in multiplayer to shake things up a bit?

[quote name='ooga']Are you saying there is no single player mode? Or are you saying that since it's so repetitive you have to play it in multiplayer to shake things up a bit?[/QUOTE]

Just that its so repetitive in singleplayer, unfortunately the matchmaking for online mp isn't the greatest either.. Just felt like a missed opportunity for a game such as this to not have local coop, but I should be used to that nowadays as most games leave it out..

[quote name='sickman']I always wonder how other people work through their backlogs. I was going by date of release, but then I ended up playing a bunch of open world games back to back. Now I just rotate 2 retail, and one xbla game at a time. Wish I wasn't an achievement whore, this would be easier.[/QUOTE]

I've been going by length (ie, saving Fallout, inFamous 2, Arkham City), and usually rotate one retail, downloadable, indie, and racing/music game.

Gives me a lot of variety, and I can knock out some shorter games before tackling something super long (eventually ill just cave and start them, else I might never).

[quote name='sickman']I always wonder how other people work through their backlogs. I was going by date of release, but then I ended up playing a bunch of open world games back to back. Now I just rotate 2 retail, and one xbla game at a time. Wish I wasn't an achievement whore, this would be easier.[/QUOTE]

I usually start with games I want to trade in, or newly released games that I want to play right away (Bioshock, Tomb Raider). Sadly, that's as organized I get. The rest is just what ever the hell I feel like playing.

I did jump around a little bit tonight and finished up two of the Dorito games (Harms Way and Crash Course). They were both actually surprisingly good games. Harms Way reminded me of Star Wars Pod Racer for the N64 in a weird way. With that said I wish they would do a HD remake of that for XBLA.

Harms Way and Daytona USA have to the easiest 200/200 achievement point titles ever.

I've done a little of by release date, by length, and some just jumping around based on what I feel like playing.

[quote name='sk8ordie']Somebody tell me to buy Worms 2; Armageddon @ 400msp....and somebody get Scorched Earth on XBLA. Do not touch the graphics or anything, straight port.[/QUOTE]

Death Tank is similar to Scorched Earth and very good. Unfortunately, it also sells for 1200 MS Points, which means it was priced into oblivion.

[quote name='ooga']Are you saying there is no single player mode? Or are you saying that since it's so repetitive you have to play it in multiplayer to shake things up a bit?[/QUOTE]

You can play alone, but....how much fun would you think will get from a horde mode like game? :D

Controls and shooting mechanics are surprisingly good, but with lack of local co-op i will not get it. Community of these unpopular online games usually die quickly.

I usually do one retail and one XBLA and switch between the two when I need a break from one. I'm working on oblivion and The dishwasher: dead samurai right now. Oblivion was so old and getting older, so I thought I would get on that. It was funny, all my friends were like, "whoa, going old school." LOL. Although, injustice has been distracting me lately.

[quote name='wEEman33']Pickup a copy of The Club for half the price if you want a good third person shooter: [/QUOTE]

The Club is such a good game. Probably my favorite game to come out of this generation. And I'm not even a big fan of shooters. It's just everything a video game should be – pure fun. Only about 2,000 (by my count) kills away form No, Seriously as well!

[quote name='eastx']Death Tank is similar to Scorched Earth and very good. Unfortunately, it also sells for 1200 MS Points, which means it was priced into oblivion.[/QUOTE]

Oh Death Tank. They had a one hour trial of this that I had an absolute BLAST playing with against friends. What a miserable price though, especially for back then. Totally off putting seeing how there wasn't much beef to it outside of some multiplayer fun.

[quote name='bshirk']Anyone know if Black Knight Sword is best on PS3 or 360?[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine there are any major differences between the 2.

[quote name='LordVila']I feel like I actually accomplished something gaming wise this weekend, I knocked out two games from my XBLA backlog. I beat Call of Duty Classic (in backlog for 3 and a half years) and Castle Crashers. I decided to go through my backlog in alphabetical order but I'm skipping games I have beaten before on other consoles (ie Banjo).

On another note, looks like I'm a PS+ member for 3 more months. Thought I had turned off auto renew but apparently I didn't and it subtracted $17.99 from my wallet. Guess I should use that time to beat those rented games.[/QUOTE]

The problem with going alphabetical for me is that I get caught up in series of games, which I don't particularly love to do. If I were to do that, I'd be playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelation, and 3 right in a row. I usually like to vary my genres, so that wouldn't work well for me.

[quote name='bshirk']Anyone know if Black Knight Sword is best on PS3 or 360?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']I can't imagine there are any major differences between the 2.[/QUOTE]

The only difference is what system you prefer getting achievements/trophies on and which controller do you prefer Xbox's or the Dualshock. That's all I can think. Also it's $5 on the 360 for the next couple days where I'm assuming it's not on sale for PS3 at the moment and so it'd be $10 on PSN. Other than that it's the exact same game and should look identical and play identical.

One thing also to keep in mind is that we know 100% that current-gen PSN games will not be playable on the PS4. Sony has been clear about that. Whereas the lack of backwards compatability might be the case with the new XBOX but since nothing has been announced as of yet it might well turn out that XBLA games are playable on the new system. So until we know I'd hedge my bets and grab it for the 360.

[quote name='skonson'] it might well turn out that XBLA games are playable on the new system. So until we know I'd hedge my bets and grab it for the 360.[/QUOTE]

Agreed...

I'd like to vent for a moment... Microsoft, if I can't play current XBLA & retail 360 games on this new Xbox you've yet to announce, I vow with my soul that I will NOT be buying your system until your first or second price-drop.

:)

I typically go off New Releases first (for trade in values to be highest). Though, I alternate between 1st person and 3rd person games. XBLA games I typically don't play unless there is a promotion to play them. There are very few I played right away (i.e. Shadow Complex, Limbo, Braid, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back