XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cleaner7']

I'd say pick up a newer 1200 MSP game since with the rebate it would be like getting it for 400 MSP. Or what about a 800 MSP game plus a 400 MSP game from the list? Tbh most of the games on the list weren't very good. But if you're dead set on 3 x 400 MSP games, I've compiled the list below of non-compilation disc games.

Arkadian Warriors - really average/easy cheevos. I can co-op this with you if you'd like
Boogie Bunnies - I've had trouble making progress in this so ymmv on difficulty
Droplitz - tough puzzler/cheevos but I enjoy it
Gin Rummy - trial was decent
Jetpac Refuelled - trial was decent
Spyglass Board Games - trial was decent

Trials HD - awesome game but it's been on sale before and TrialsEvo is better[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestions. The problem is that there aren't any more expensive games that I want, and my backlog is absolutely huge.
I guess easy cheevos are a good reason to pick a game if you have to choose something. I may have to take you up on your Arkafian Warriors offer. We co-oped Zombie Wranglers, so this can't possibly be worse. ;)
Oh, and I have both Trials HD and EVO. Wonder what else there is on that list that I forgot to remove.

[quote name='ooga']Thanks for the suggestions. The problem is that there aren't any more expensive games that I want, and my backlog is absolutely huge.
I guess easy cheevos are a good reason to pick a game if you have to choose something. I may have to take you up on your Arkafian Warriors offer. We co-oped Zombie Wranglers, so this can't possibly be worse. ;)
Oh, and I have both Trials HD and EVO. Wonder what else there is on that list that I forgot to remove.[/QUOTE]
Nothing else on that list is worth your time ... spend 800 MSP on something you won't hate yourself for. :D

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']None of the above.

If you're set on a full price 1200 point game go with Battleblock Theater.[/QUOTE]
If you are dead set on the one of the three that you mentioned, I'd say Terraria, hands down. That game has an ridiculous amount of content and I've had a blast playing both couch coop and solo (yet to try online). I also see Terraria being likely to not go on sale as quickly as the others you mentioned..

That said, as CAiNiAC mentioned, BattleBlock Theater is also an amazing game. I put 10+ hours into BBT and Terraria each, made for an easy time getting the 20 hour punches. You really can't go wrong with either, just depends on what you are in the mood for. BBT I've mainly played in couch coop though, for what its worth..

For my last 880 points to get all the punches left, I will buy Skullgirls (1200msp), though I know it will get a sale soon enough (new character's DLC on the way).

[quote name='irafreak']Any opinions on Doom and Doom II? Any online activity?[/QUOTE]

Little to none honestly. You should pick up Doom 3 BFGE if your planing on buying those two games the next time it goes on sale on GF for $13. Both are great games and are considered classics (well Doom 1 more than 2).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cleaner7']
I'm always up for some BBT and Castle Crashers if both of you want to play. I haven't played as Hatty or the Blacksmith yet and recently started a Pink Knight character. Any excuse to get back into CC.
[/QUOTE]

I'm game. Toss me a FR or I'll send you one in a bit, whichever comes first.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Thoughts on Quantum Conundrum? I played part of the trial and enjoyed it. Got a weird Portal vibe from it, but is it worth 480msp?[/QUOTE]

Thats because one of the leads of Portal is behind it, and yes.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Thats because one of the leads of Portal is behind it, and yes.[/QUOTE]

Wow, awesome. I did not know that. Considering I love both Portal games, I will definitely check this out.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Wow, awesome. I did not know that. Considering I love both Portal games, I will definitely check this out.[/QUOTE]

and I'm not sure if it plays in the actual game (haven't beat it yet), but it's also got an awesome theme song that plays when you select it on PS3, just like the two Portal games (though AFAIK they aren't the same writer). More games need awesome theme songs;)

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I'm game. Toss me a FR or I'll send you one in a bit, whichever comes first.[/QUOTE]

if you want to make it a full game, feel free to toss one my way as well. Would be a good reason to finally start Castle Crashers;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']and I'm not sure if it plays in the actual game (haven't beat it yet), but it's also got an awesome theme song that plays when you select it on PS3, just like the two Portal games (though AFAIK they aren't the same writer). More games need awesome theme songs;)[/QUOTE]

Apparently one's person's "awesome" is another person's "extremely annoying."

Unrealted question: Do we know if the full game on demand of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is going to make an appearance on XBL soon? I know it's on PSN already but have MSP to burn. Thanks.

[quote name='gospelman']Apparently one's person's "awesome" is another person's "extremely annoying."

Unrealted question: Do we know if the full game on demand of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is going to make an appearance on XBL soon? I know it's on PSN already but have MSP to burn. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I guess to each their own (if I had a quarter...)

If it's not on Major Nelson's list I don't think anyone knows, or at least I don't:cry:

Anyone know any 4p retro games? I have friends over a lot and sometimes we feel old schoolish. It has to have 4p co-op, 2 won't do (dammit duke nukems). Already have Doom, looking into Doom 2 and Marathon Durandal.

[quote name='MisterLemon']Anyone know any 4p retro games? I have friends over a lot and sometimes we feel old schoolish. It has to have 4p co-op, 2 won't do (dammit duke nukems). Already have Doom, looking into Doom 2 and Marathon Durandal.[/QUOTE]

X-Men and Simpsons spring to mind. The upcoming D&D collection will work. Castle Crashers is the cat's pajamas even if it's only "new" retro. Same story with Scott Pilgrim.

[quote name='MisterLemon']Anyone know any 4p retro games? I have friends over a lot and sometimes we feel old schoolish. It has to have 4p co-op, 2 won't do (dammit duke nukems). Already have Doom, looking into Doom 2 and Marathon Durandal.[/QUOTE]

well there are a ton of Sega ports of older games, but I suppose most would be 2 player only. If you want to cross reference these two lists, that should give you all your choices;)

http://www.co-optimus.com/system.ph...ayerNum=4&couch=on&genre=&esrb=%&released=All

(sort by price)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Live_Arcade_games

EDIT: didn't read that right, I though you were looking for some that were 400MSP. Just check the first list then, as it should be all the XBLA titles with 4P support.

Blockey is awesome 2 vs. 2 and only costs $1.

Some other good sports games:

NBA Jam $7
NFL Blitz $7
Virtua Tennis 4 $10

Call of Duty 2 costs around $5 and is good in 4-player splitscreen deathmatch.

So I'd been mulling Arcadecraft at its normal 240 price. Then I saw Major Nelson tweet that it was on sale for 80 and grabbed it like crazy from my PC.

Sat down with it tonight to fiddle with it just for a bit and.... 3 hours later emerged back from it oblivious to the time that had passed. 3 hours gone, just like that.

Well then. Can't recommend Arcadecraft enough at 80 if you don't already own it. It's hardly perfect but it'll suck you riiiigghhtt on in.

Simpsons Arcade
XMen Arcade
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Reshelled
Worms

And I agree with Scott Pilgrim and Castle Crashers as good 4 player games that are kinda retroey...also Phantom Breaker.

[quote name='Primis']So I'd been mulling Arcadecraft at its normal 240 price. Then I saw Major Nelson tweet that it was on sale for 80 and grabbed it like crazy from my PC.

Sat down with it tonight to fiddle with it just for a bit and.... 3 hours later emerged back from it oblivious to the time that had passed. 3 hours gone, just like that.

Well then. Can't recommend Arcadecraft enough at 80 if you don't already own it. It's hardly perfect but it'll suck you riiiigghhtt on in.[/QUOTE]

actually looks kinda fun, will try the trial later. Any idea how long the sale will last?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Simpsons Arcade
XMen Arcade
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Reshelled
Worms

And I agree with Scott Pilgrim and Castle Crashers as good 4 player games that are kinda retroey...also Phantom Breaker.[/QUOTE]

TMNT 1989 Arcade has been delisted for a while now.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']TMNT 1989 Arcade has been delisted for a while now.[/QUOTE]

TMNT Re-shelled is also delisted. I managed to get TMNT 1989 in the last second before it was delisted for 200msp, year or so ago.

Well, this is pretty off topic. But all that SotN talk the other day got me in the mood to play some Castlevania. I recently got a 3ds and decided to see if there were any Castlevania games for it besides Mirrors of Fate, and apparently there are 3. I looked around but the only place I could find them new was on amazon and they're $40 a piece. So does anyone know where I might be able to find Portrait of Ruin, Dawn of Sorrow or Order of Ecclesia for cheaper?

[quote name='ooga']Thanks for the suggestions. The problem is that there aren't any more expensive games that I want, and my backlog is absolutely huge.
Oh, and I have both Trials HD and EVO. Wonder what else there is on that list that I forgot to remove.[/QUOTE]

It's much better than that game that must not be named. I deleted it immediately after we finished. Let me know if you get AW and do wanna Co-op. I'd love to finish it up.

@CainiacPrime FR accepted! Maybe we can get a CC game going with MrNinjaSquirrel

All the mention of the delisted TMNT games reminded me of the new Turtles XBLA coming this summer, Out of the Shadows.

It is actually shaping up to look pretty great. What worries me however... is that it looks pretty great haha I already have decently high expectations and sometimes that can be a games biggest problem!

[quote name='Cleaner7']It's much better than that game that must not be named. I deleted it immediately after we finished. Let me know if you get AW and do wanna Co-op. I'd love to finish it up.

@CainiacPrime FR accepted! Maybe we can get a CC game going with MrNinjaSquirrel[/QUOTE]

If you guys want a 4th CC player, I'd totally be down. :)

[quote name='ooga']So, I only have 4 more days to fill out my punchcard. I am about 1000 MSPs away, so I was thinking I could either pick up one or two full price games that will probably go on sale at some point after I buy them (not good). Or I can pick up three 400 MSP games I don't already own, and those likely won't go on sale (probably a good idea).
So do you have some time to kill? If so read on.
Listed below are all the 400 MSP games I currently do not own as XBLA titles. Anything worth picking up there? I know some are god awful, and others I either already own or own a variation of. I already have a couple of titles in mind, I am interested in hearing what others think. So any recommendations? Thanks

Alien Breed Episode 1: Evolution
Alien Breed Episode 2: Assault
Alien Breed Episode 3: Descent
Altered Beast I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
AMY
Arkadian Warriors
Blacklight: Tango Down
Blade Kitten
Blazing Birds
Bliss Island
Bloody Good Time
Boogie Bunnies
Brain Challenge
Capcom Arcade Cabinet
CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars
Comix Zone I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
Contra
Crazy Mouse
Crystal Quest
Dead Space Ignition
Discs of Tron
Doom
Doom II: Hell on Earth
Droplitz
Ecco the Dolphin I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
Fatal Fury Special
Frogger
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved I have GW2
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
Gin Rummy
Gunstar Heroes
Gyruss
Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm
Hardwood Backgammon
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades
Haunted House
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos
Jetpac Refuelled
Le Tour De France 2009: The Official Game
Minesweeper Flags
Phantasy Star II I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
Polar Panic
RocketBowl
Rotastic
Rush'n Attack
Scramble
Sea Life Safari
Sega Bass Fishing
Shinobi I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
Shrek n' Roll
Small Arms
Space Giraffe
Spyglass Board Games
Star Raiders
Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting I have the HD version whatever its called
Super Contra
Texas Hold 'em
The Path of Go
Things on Wheels
Time Pilot
Track & Field
Tron
Worms I have Worms Revolution
Worms 2: Armageddon I have Worms Revolution
Xotic
Yar's Revenge
Yie Ar Kung-Fu
[/QUOTE]

Polar panic, hands down. And the alien breed trilogy has a good amount of hours to be playing.

[quote name='vantheman']So buying two games on the 30th will still be eligible for the promotion?[/QUOTE]

I think the cutoff time is 4PM PST (though it could be EST or MST for all I know, someone correct me as I can't find it on the site). Should probably aim to get the stuff you want as soon as they go live at around 12-1AM, just to be safe.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Little to none honestly. You should pick up Doom 3 BFGE if your planing on buying those two games the next time it goes on sale on GF for $13. Both are great games and are considered classics (well Doom 1 more than 2).[/QUOTE]
My mistake. I asked about those 2 because I'm trying to complete the april rewards offer and need 2 more games. Which doom has more levels? Better online MP support?

Just grabbed Phantom Breaker & Poker Night 2. Now I just need to decide on either Catan or Carcassonne to round out my rewards punch card thing.

[quote name='irafreak']My mistake. I asked about those 2 because I'm trying to complete the april rewards offer and need 2 more games. Which doom has more levels? Better online MP support?[/QUOTE]
To complete the second punchcard i got Hell Yeah (480 MSP last week), Dead Space Ignition (400 MSP), Quantum Conundrum and From Dust (both 480MSP on sale this week)

Trials HD is not 400 MSP as listed on Wikipedia :cry:

[quote name='ooga']So, I only have 4 more days to fill out my punchcard. I am about 1000 MSPs away, so I was thinking I could either pick up one or two full price games that will probably go on sale at some point after I buy them (not good). Or I can pick up three 400 MSP games I don't already own, and those likely won't go on sale (probably a good idea).
So do you have some time to kill? If so read on.
Listed below are all the 400 MSP games I currently do not own as XBLA titles. Anything worth picking up there? I know some are god awful, and others I either already own or own a variation of. I already have a couple of titles in mind, I am interested in hearing what others think. So any recommendations? Thanks

Alien Breed Episode 1: Evolution
Alien Breed Episode 2: Assault
Alien Breed Episode 3: Descent
Altered Beast I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
AMY
Arkadian Warriors
Blacklight: Tango Down
Blade Kitten
Blazing Birds
Bliss Island
Bloody Good Time
Boogie Bunnies
Brain Challenge
Capcom Arcade Cabinet
CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars
Comix Zone I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
Contra
Crazy Mouse
Crystal Quest
Dead Space Ignition
Discs of Tron
Doom
Doom II: Hell on Earth
Droplitz
Ecco the Dolphin I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
Fatal Fury Special
Frogger
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved I have GW2
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
Gin Rummy
Gunstar Heroes
Gyruss
Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm
Hardwood Backgammon
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades
Haunted House
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos
Jetpac Refuelled
Le Tour De France 2009: The Official Game
Minesweeper Flags
Phantasy Star II I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
Polar Panic
RocketBowl
Rotastic
Rush'n Attack
Scramble
Sea Life Safari
Sega Bass Fishing
Shinobi I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
Shrek n' Roll
Small Arms
Space Giraffe
Spyglass Board Games
Star Raiders
Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting I have the HD version whatever its called
Super Contra
Texas Hold 'em
The Path of Go
Things on Wheels
Time Pilot
Track & Field
Tron
Worms I have Worms Revolution
Worms 2: Armageddon I have Worms Revolution
Xotic
Yar's Revenge
Yie Ar Kung-Fu
[/QUOTE]

The best ones on that list (given you owning Sonic UGC) to me are Blade Kitten, Blacklight, Contra, Gunstar Heroes, & Rush N Attack.

I own all of those except Blade Kitten, & I wish I hadn't payed full price for Blacklight. I would rank Blacklight last though as its an online-only FPS and I have no idea if its still active at all.

Another cheap option for Doom 3 BFG is using the birthday coupon with PUR Pro on a used copy @Gamestop. Found a complete copy and after the 30% and using store credit so no tax it ended up being $13.67, a pretty decent price.

I just got my final 2 stamps to finish out the trio of punchcards and I'm really really hoping the VIP reward is not an Avatar item. But I have no idea what else it would be.

[quote name='sicsonic']If you guys want a 4th CC player, I'd totally be down. :)[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I'm on now if anyone wants to play. I work night shift so days and early evenings are best for me.

[quote name='solidus_00']Just grabbed Phantom Breaker & Poker Night 2. Now I just need to decide on either Catan or Carcassonne to round out my rewards punch card thing.[/QUOTE]
Carcassonne imo. Sweet game.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']I think I found a

If anyone else still need to buy one last game to get there and the deals for this and next week don't help you at all, take a look on this list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Live_Arcade_games

All XBLA Games are listed here and you can sort them by their price =)[/QUOTE]

TylerH, a couple of rarely-asked-for requests, the preceding link as well as CAG's own Xbox Rewards discussion thread added among the list of links in the second entry up there (not that many CAGs even know that the list exists) if you would, goodsir. (On a sidenote, we need a hat-tip emoticon). The Rewards discussion just makes sense especially since we link to the Rewards site itself, and in a list of links concerning XBLA it only makes sense to me to have a complete list hanging out among the rest of them.

[quote name='solidus_00']Just grabbed Phantom Breaker & Poker Night 2. Now I just need to decide on either Catan or Carcassonne to round out my rewards punch card thing.[/QUOTE]

As a board game? Catan destroys Carcassonne. As an XBLA game, I give the nod to Carcassonne. They're both very good adaptations, but vanilla Carcassonne is arguably better to play on a screen, since you don't need a lot of space like the actual game, and the Xbox handles the annoying cleanup and the score counting.

Catan, on the other hand, is best played local multiplayer, which is impossible to do on a single screen. It's a great, great game... but it's best with an actual set. (By the way, buy the physical game.)

[quote name='Cleaner7']Sweet. I'm on now if anyone wants to play. I work night shift so days and early evenings are best for me.[/QUOTE]

darn, had to go out. Tomorrow hopefully. I played a couple levels today, to try and level my orange knight up somewhat from complete novice, so hopefully I won't suck so much between all of you that seem to have maxed out the game every way you slice it;)

[quote name='Primis']So I'd been mulling Arcadecraft at its normal 240 price. Then I saw Major Nelson tweet that it was on sale for 80 and grabbed it like crazy from my PC.

Well then. Can't recommend Arcadecraft enough at 80 if you don't already own it. It's hardly perfect but it'll suck you riiiigghhtt on in.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed my time with Arcadecraft. It is pretty basic but for the price you cant beat it. Plus I find some sort of odd humor out of people on my friends list bashing the arcade cabinets and me having to kick them out.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Sweet. I'm on now if anyone wants to play. I work night shift so days and early evenings are best for me.[/QUOTE]

I need a reason to start CC. So buzz me if you need an alternate for one of you 4.

[quote name='Sanges99']TylerH, a couple of rarely-asked-for requests, the preceding link as well as CAG's own Xbox Rewards discussion thread added among the list of links in the second entry up there (not that many CAGs even know that the list exists) if you would, goodsir. (On a sidenote, we need a hat-tip emoticon). The Rewards discussion just makes sense especially since we link to the Rewards site itself, and in a list of links concerning XBLA it only makes sense to me to have a complete list hanging out among the rest of them.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll add them. I also added my non-sales game list, which people ask about from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back