XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cthomer5000']I will absolutely buy Way Of The Dogg when it's on sale. Specifically because it's so terrible looking.[/QUOTE]

Yes and that ^^ :applause:

[quote name='Dustinator']Looks like the May xbl reward is up. And it's for........renewing your XBL Gold membership. Renew one month, get 20 msp instead of 10 msp. Renew three months, 60 msp stead of 30. And twelve months, get 400 msp instead of 200 msp.

Kinda a letdown for those expecting a dlc punchcard promotion. Again, key word here CAG's is "expecting." It was only a hope in the beginning :roll: It's Microsoft remember?[/QUOTE]

I don't see it, but pretty lame if that's what it is.

Damn, missed the last punch for 20 hours spent on Arcade Games. Regarding the May XBL Rewards, I think some of us were hoping for a DLC-based Punchcard promotion ;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']it's not actually part of this weeks sales, but is a separate thing they've been doing for a few weeks. So probably no need to rush if you are short on MSP.[/QUOTE]

I believe Twisted Pixel tweeted that the sale is ending soon so I'd buy it sooner than later.

That Serious Sam compilation would be nice once it's < $20.

Damn the May XBL Rewards. I was redeeming stuff a week ago and remembered my Gold is up this month so I redeemed a 12 month card. I have another so maybe I'll redeem it too and be set for 2 years.

@Bobbytastic I sent you a FR for some co-op gaming :)

[quote name='Dustinator']Looks like the May xbl reward is up. And it's for........renewing your XBL Gold membership. Renew one month, get 20 msp instead of 10 msp. Renew three months, 60 msp stead of 30. And twelve months, get 400 msp instead of 200 msp. [/QUOTE]

Lame. I'd purchased a 12-month code for $35 a few months ago and only got around to redeeming it maybe two weeks ago. Oh well, no huge loss. On the plus side, I got all 3 punch cards filled!

If you think about it it'd be kind of hard to have a punchcard every month. DLC, tv/movies, avatar items, maybe Games On Demand. After that how many themes are left for Punchcards?

In the twitter responses to people asking about a May punchcard Xbox Live Rewards says something like "new punchcards go up all the time". If they were going to be monthly Rewards would probably say they are monthly.

If renewing Xbox Live Gold is the May promotion then it's one of their weaker promotions. Last time they ran it you only qualified if your Gold subscription happened to renew that month. Buying or redeeming a new subscription that month doesn't count, so anyone who has their Gold renew in one of the other eleven months is out of luck.

Maybe after having a $10 rebate month they decided to do an offer that only a limited amount of people can get.

[quote name='deadofnight']If you think about it it'd be kind of hard to have a punchcard every month. DLC, tv/movies, avatar items, maybe Games On Demand. After that how many themes are left for Punchcards?

In the twitter responses to people asking about a May punchcard Xbox Live Rewards says something like "new punchcards go up all the time". If they were going to be monthly Rewards would probably say they are monthly.

If renewing Xbox Live Gold is the May promotion then it's one of their weaker promotions. Last time they ran it you only qualified if your Gold subscription happened to renew that month. Buying or redeeming a new subscription that month doesn't count, so anyone who has their Gold renew in one of the other eleven months is out of luck.

Maybe after having a $10 rebate month they decided to do an offer that only a limited amount of people can get.[/QUOTE]
They could easily do promotions for certain genres, Microsoft games, games with certain themes, etc. like they've done in previous Rewards promotions. They all don't have to be huge in scope.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I believe Twisted Pixel tweeted that the sale is ending soon so I'd buy it sooner than later.[/QUOTE]

oh, my bad, I've not been keeping up with twitter lately. Definitely go ahead and buy this anyone who's interested then, it's a great deal (though I'm passing since I already have the maw, and want to get the XBLA triple pack which has splosion man).

Well if that's all the may promo is, I guess it's finally safe to start buying stuff again. A bit lame that there isn't anything to work toward this month, but at least I can refrain from so many impulse buys;)

...well, that's my hope at least...

Or if they were smart they'd just do an arcade rebate every month and no one would complain. Hell, just do separate punch card rebates for arcade, DLC, video and GoD and I'm sure no one would mind and they'd make extra profit. If Microsoft was smart they'd somehow do the punch cards and rebate as a way to at least have something to go against PS+ since they'd be making profit from people who just say "fuck it! I Decided to buy something extra to get the rebate" and it wouldn't go against Microsoft saying a service like PS+ devalues a game. Though I know it's wishful thinking at this point to think Microsoft is giving this much thought.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They could easily do promotions for certain genres, Microsoft games, games with certain themes, etc. like they've done in previous Rewards promotions. They all don't have to be huge in scope.[/QUOTE]

Yes. They just need to make sure that they actually hire someone with common sense to run these promotions as they always wind up doing something stupid. Remember how they had that sports game promotion where they listed all sort of non-sporting games like Bionic Commando. Sigh. That was such an epic fail. As you said there are GOD games there are old Xbox games. There are numerous genres of games they can try to sell. I'm guessing from this thread alone and the amount of people who have filled out the punchcards here that it's been a success for them. I know I've spent more this month than in pretty much any month in the last year or so. I would question why they don't keep this train going if they have seen an increase. Sorta feels like they cooked up this punchcard thing a bit half-assed if they only had plans to use it for a month. They should have pre-planned at least 3-4 months in sales and then rolled it out. Now we have people going "what's the next punchcard going to be" - sigh Microsoft, you have an audience that wants something, give it to us. Business 101.

[quote name='bardockkun'] If Microsoft was smart they'd somehow do the punch cards and rebate as a way to at least have something to go against PS+ since they'd be making profit from people who just say "fuck it! I Decided to buy something extra to get the rebate" and it wouldn't go against Microsoft saying a service like PS+ devalues a game. [/QUOTE]

This was me last month. I'll play them eventually...

That's a great idea, but I don't see it happening. Microsoft is just too thick to see the big picture:cry:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']This was me last month. I'll play them eventually...

That's a great idea, but I don't see it happening. Microsoft is just too thick to see the big picture:cry:[/QUOTE]
At least we can order a pizza from Pizza Hut on the 360 AKA possibly the last 360 exclusive this generation because I can't think of anything else Microsoft called dibs on for the rest of this year besides maybe Lococycle.

Back on subject. Can anyone give me a yeah or nay for NBA Jam? I'm curious how the online community is these days. I passed on it last time it was on sale and regretted it a bit, might need to pounce on it this time unless someone can talk me out of it.

[quote name='skonson']Back on subject. Can anyone give me a yeah or nay for NBA Jam? I'm curious how the online community is these days. I passed on it last time it was on sale and regretted it a bit, might need to pounce on it this time unless someone can talk me out of it.[/QUOTE]

It's a fun game. I haven't played it in months, but when I did there were plenty of people online playing it.

[quote name='skonson']Back on subject. Can anyone give me a yeah or nay for NBA Jam? I'm curious how the online community is these days. I passed on it last time it was on sale and regretted it a bit, might need to pounce on it this time unless someone can talk me out of it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how the online community is, but I wasn't a big fan. I used to love NBA Jam, but there just wasn't enough new here.

I'm actually going to skip Star Wars for now since I just learned that Pinball FX2 is coming to Steam soon.

NBA Jam is pretty fun playing locally against someone else, but NFL Blitz is way more fun IMHO.

I think microsoft has done very well this year. We've had some impressive sales and promotions. This last month was great because they not only offered us incentive to buy arcade games but they also gave us sales on lots of arcade games new and old.

It's fun sometimes. Playing alone or locally against a friend will be more fun than going online and having everyone pick Boston and shoot 3's with Larry Bird all game long. Still fun overall but some games online can be frustrating.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They could easily do promotions for certain genres, Microsoft games, games with certain themes, etc. like they've done in previous Rewards promotions. They all don't have to be huge in scope.[/QUOTE]
If they aren't huge in scope I think they risk becoming too narrow to get everyone buying. I know I could do a music theme or a fighting theme with ease, but I don't think I'd spend around $40 a month on just racing games or just Kinect games.

But it's not like I did all the previous monthly offers. I guess it won't be bad if some punchcards aren't appealing to everyone.

[quote name='nypickle']It's fun sometimes. Playing alone or locally against a friend will be more fun than going online and having everyone pick Boston and shoot 3's with Larry Bird all game long. Still fun overall but some games online can be frustrating.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a hardcore player, but I have never had anyone play Larry Bird against me...

Lakers is a different story.

Seeing Joe Danger 2 on sale reminds me that I still haven't redeemed the code I won from the Raptr giveaway. I enjoyed the first game, but I'm still not sure if I want to redeem this or not.

Jam and Blitz are both pretty annoying to play online. Way too many cheese tactics in both games.

Only get them if you plan on playing friends exclusively.

[quote name='deadofnight']If they aren't huge in scope I think they risk becoming too narrow to get everyone buying. I know I could do a music theme or a fighting theme with ease, but I don't think I'd spend around $40 a month on just racing games or just Kinect games.

But it's not like I did all the previous monthly offers. I guess it won't be bad if some punchcards aren't appealing to everyone.[/QUOTE]
If it wasn't a problem before, I don't see why it would be a problem now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If it wasn't a problem before, I don't see why it would be a problem now.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone get the sense that Microsoft's moneymaking strategy seems to be throw a lot of things at the wall and see what sticks? It seems like they're getting their feet wet with bundles and also with this punchcard thing, but they don't quite seem ready to follow through beyond the dipping the toe in stage. We should really be seeing other bundles from developers like NinjaBee, Chair, PopCap (which would fit in with the fact that they've released a number of Disc based compilations) etc. And I hope they're doing that, especially with some of their older games.

And sigh, it's May 5th and still no word on if there will ever be another punchcard - what a waste of a promotion! I'd happily part with my money Microsoft, if only you just made a small effort to get it. Wine and dine my wallet. Buy it some avatar prop flowers. Whisper sweet words into its folds. Oh Microsoft, is the honeymoon over so soon my dear? Have we become complacent? Sigh.

[quote name='skonson']Does anyone get the sense that Microsoft's moneymaking strategy seems to be throw a lot of things at the wall and see what sticks? It seems like they're getting their feet wet with bundles and also with this punchcard thing, but they don't quite seem ready to follow through beyond the dipping the toe in stage. We should really be seeing other bundles from developers like NinjaBee, Chair, PopCap (which would fit in with the fact that they've released a number of Disc based compilations) etc. And I hope they're doing that, especially with some of their older games.

And sigh, it's May 5th and still no word on if there will ever be another punchcard - what a waste of a promotion! I'd happily part with my money Microsoft, if only you just made a small effort to get it. Wine and dine my wallet. Buy it some avatar prop flowers. Whisper sweet words into its folds. Oh Microsoft, is the honeymoon over so soon my dear? Have we become complacent? Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've never felt that MS ever gave a shit about its customers. They don't seem to care that PSN/PS+ destroys XBL in value since people keep buying 360's and shelling out the cash for XBL.

We've seen some better sales as of late, but nothing really that makes me feel like I should be paying for XBL and give me the feeling that I'm getting good value out of it. Maybe they'll wake up, or maybe they'll continue to nickel and dime their consumer base per the usual. Would agree that the punch card idea is at least a step in the right direction though.

Just finished Farcry 3: Blood Dragon. For 400/400 it took me 6 hours and 50 minutes. For the most part no guide is needed to 100% the game.
Some tips:
1. If you are going for 100% make sure to loot all enemies otherwise you will need to farm post game.
2. Make sure to get a headshot on all different enemy types.

Could someone speak to NFL Blitz having any kind of co-op in it? I enjoyed NBA Jam On Fire Edition because I could play the "campaign" with my friend online and that was the biggest selling point for me.

It's amazing that Galaga Legions DX has never been on sale. I hoped it would be in last month's arcade sales... anyways konami doesn't have their games on sale often, but well, since they did with Pac-man CE DX just recently, I thought they would do it with their other DX title :D

Edit: it's from Namco, not Konami ;) It was late when I wrote that :roll:

[quote name='E.Nich']It's amazing that Galaga Legions DX has never been on sale. I hoped it would be in last month's arcade sales... anyways konami doesn't have their games on sale often, but well, since they did with Pac-man CE DX just recently, I thought they would do it with their other DX title :D[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. It'll go on sale soon. I just bought it last week after holding out for two years.

[quote name='Felder71']Don't worry. It'll go on sale soon. I just bought it last week after holding out for two years.[/QUOTE]

I need to make better use of your superpower and get you to buy a heap of other stuff at full price too.

So I tried ordering a pizza through the new Pizza Hut app, and it got hung up after I clicked "submit order". All I'm seeing is the endless loading ring going around and around. Now I have to call my local Pizza Hut to see if my order actually went through. :wall:

[quote name='tylerh1701']So I tried ordering a pizza through the new Pizza Hut app, and it got hung up after I clicked "submit order". All I'm seeing is the endless loading ring going around and around. Now I have to call my local Pizza Hut to see if my order actually went through. :wall:[/QUOTE]

Lol. I just don't even get this app. It's not like I'm going to fire up my Xbox just to order a pizza and so I'd only use this whilst I was playing. And so why would I stop gaming, log out to the dashboard and then fire up this app to order a pizza? If the xbox could load this in the background while I played a game then great. But I always have an iPhone or laptop around. Or one of those old doohickeys called a telephone. They do an awesome job consistently. I don't need my Xbox to be a Swiss Army Knife. Just make it play games and make good games that can be played on it. That's all I ask. I know Microsoft is trying to make me feel like that $100 I spent on my Kinect was worth it by screaming "LARGE!!!" at my tv, but seriously, leave the shit pizza for other devices and just give me some good exclusive games.

I must be the only one who enjoys the ebb and flow of XBL deals as it is. Brief period of awesome, stagnant period, extended period of good deals, stagnant period, LOL BIOSHOCK DLC, brief period of awesome, ad infinitum.

I already sink enough into this box as it is. :D

Edit one more time to say: Yes, I would enjoy more rewards for purchasing whatever I please versus discounts on particular content, as there are several things that have never been on sale that I need some compelling reason to purchase beyond simply wanting them.

[quote name='bulldozer86']Could someone speak to NFL Blitz having any kind of co-op in it? I enjoyed NBA Jam On Fire Edition because I could play the "campaign" with my friend online and that was the biggest selling point for me.[/QUOTE]

There's no real "campaign" in Blitz, you just go through a ladder of one team after another like the original arcade game.

But you can do that co-op if you like.

[quote name='skonson']Lol. I just don't even get this app. It's not like I'm going to fire up my Xbox just to order a pizza and so I'd only use this whilst I was playing. And so why would I stop gaming, log out to the dashboard and then fire up this app to order a pizza? If the xbox could load this in the background while I played a game then great. But I always have an iPhone or laptop around. Or one of those old doohickeys called a telephone. They do an awesome job consistently. I don't need my Xbox to be a Swiss Army Knife. Just make it play games and make good games that can be played on it. That's all I ask. I know Microsoft is trying to make me feel like that $100 I spent on my Kinect was worth it by screaming "LARGE!!!" at my tv, but seriously, leave the shit pizza for other devices and just give me some good exclusive games.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. Every time I see Major Nelson post a new "app" coming exclusively to Xbox 360 on his blog, I laugh a little.

If you're wondering, the reason I booted it up to order a pizza is because it offers a 15% off coupon on your first order through the app, thru May 6th I think. Alas, the app failed and I had leftover turkey sloppy joes for dinner instead.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yes they did. Awesome for them to give us a super specific timeframe of "very soon" after they already gave us the wonderful "limited time".https://twitter.com/twisted_pixel/status/330423454522294272[/QUOTE]
In this case, it's reasonable that "very soon" means it'll happen at the pricing update on Tuesday (May 7th), since that will mark just under 4 weeks at the reduced price, so I've added this speculation to the OP. To be fair, Twisted Pixel also has the timeframe of "relatively soon" (as in Lococycle's release date), so at least there's a logical progression of "relatively soon" -> "limited time" -> "very soon". :lol:

However, anyone who still doesn't have 2 of the games should really pick up the bundle now, since the 2 Splosion games are each "must-buy".

[quote name='tylerh1701']If you're wondering, the reason I booted it up to order a pizza is because it offers a 15% off coupon on your first order through the app, thru May 6th I think. Alas, the app failed and I had leftover turkey sloppy joes for dinner instead.[/QUOTE]
Seriously ... 15% was a deal-maker? Maybe if it was 15% off the "$10 for any pizza, any size, any toppings" carryout special, that might sway me to navigate a slow-as-molasses UI for the $1.50 credit ... but otherwise, I wouldn't ever pay what they charge (plus delivery fee!).

[quote name='Felder71']Don't worry. It'll go on sale soon. I just bought it last week after holding out for two years.[/QUOTE]
Hahaha, oh man, then it will be on sale soon enough :bouncy: It always happens that way :lol:

If it will make any of you happy, I bought Skullgirls, so in a month or two it shall be on sale (when the first DLC comes out, I guess).

[quote name='Cornelius']Seriously ... 15% was a deal-maker? Maybe if it was 15% off the "$10 for any pizza, any size, any toppings" carryout special, that might sway me to navigate a slow-as-molasses UI for the $1.50 credit ... but otherwise, I wouldn't ever pay what they charge (plus delivery fee!).[/QUOTE]

But Tyler already told us he just loves those P'zones.

[quote name='E.Nich']If it will make any of you happy, I bought Skullgirls, so in a month or two it shall be on sale (when the first DLC comes out, I guess).[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so - I do suck at fighters but I feel a need to have Skullgirls, and I've been dying for a markdown on it since launch. But it was published by Konami, and it seems to me like their content is almost never discounted. I won't give up hope though.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I agree completely. Every time I see Major Nelson post a new "app" coming exclusively to Xbox 360 on his blog, I laugh a little.

If you're wondering, the reason I booted it up to order a pizza is because it offers a 15% off coupon on your first order through the app, thru May 6th I think. Alas, the app failed and I had leftover turkey sloppy joes for dinner instead.[/QUOTE]

Same here but mine worked. I've already used my one-time 15% discount for using the app. I think it's a great idea to get people to try it once at least. I'll never use it again but when I heard about the discount I jumped on it. Even got an "Oh cool! You used your Xbox!" from the chick that works there. Worth it once but honestly Pizza Hut is a bit too pricey for the taste. I'm sticking with Papa John's.

I have about 448 millions (I know it's not too much) on Pinball FX2, so if anyone wants to FR me to increase their wizard score, I need a boost too :D

[quote name='E.Nich']...so if anyone wants to FR me to increase their wizard score, I need a boost too :D[/QUOTE]

Sorry Enich, little rule I live by, never trust a dude wearing a tunic. :lol:

Now that we have another XBLA disc (Serious Sam) coming out anybody see any news on if the Beyond Good and Evil compilation would be coming to the U.S..? I prefer to get games on discs when I can since we still don't know how the servers with all the XBLA stuff will be handled down the road.

[quote name='skonson']And sigh, it's May 5th and still no word on if there will ever be another punchcard - what a waste of a promotion![/QUOTE]

They just Tweeted this, earlier today:

Xbox LIVE Rewards ‏@XboxLIVErewards 1h
Ready for a new punchcard? Stay tuned here for more info coming soon…
And the legal language in the Rewards Terms and Conditions suggests that the punch cards will be an ongoing thing:

MyPunchard Offers: Beginning on March 28, 2013, at least one (1) MyPunchcard offer will be available. To participate in a current MyPunchcard offer, visit http://rewards.xbox.com/mypunchcard and complete the actions described to earn the Reward for that MyPunchcard. The dates each MyPunchcard is available will be detailed at http://rewards.xbox.com/mypunchcard. Limit: Each Enrollee may receive one (1) Reward per MyPunchcard.

[quote name='MWB']They just Tweeted this, earlier today:

And the legal language in the Rewards Terms and Conditions suggests that the punch cards will be an ongoing thing:[/QUOTE]

Comon DLC based card. :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back