XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cornelius']Added some Metacritic, Quick Look, Xbox/xbldb & other links. Formatting is a little off, but I'll let others tweak that, since I gotta run.

In other news ... la de fucking da ...

Thanks Xbox Rewards ... but 25 cents only buys me 1 candle. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize that Xbox Rewards was my stereotypical 95 year old great-uncle Morty who has no concept that the world has changed post 1933 and still offers me a quarter as a gift like he's parting with his dearest belonging only to tell me not to spend it all at once.

Oh and happy birthday Cornelius!

[quote name='wEEman33']Doritos seems to be up an running now. Pretty fun game so far.[/QUOTE]

It seemed pretty fun until my internet dropped out and my race didn't count. Of course that was after I collected all of the stars in the level too.

[quote name='Cornelius']Added some Metacritic, Quick Look, Xbox/xbldb & other links. Formatting is a little off, but I'll let others tweak that, since I gotta run.

In other news ... la de fucking da ...

Thanks Xbox Rewards ... but 25 cents only buys me 1 candle. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Ha, got that too bro. So nice of Mircosoft to get me such a thoughtful and expensive gift :roll:

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Man. Am I the only one that was really looking forward to playing Crash Course 2? I didn't even care that it was free to play, I just really thought the first one was an excellent Arcade title.

Still haven't been able to play it though[/QUOTE]

Nope, I loved the first one.

[quote name='Cornelius']Thanks Xbox Rewards ... but 25 cents only buys me 1 candle. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Happy birthday, man! Cool that ours are so close together.

I don't know if it's a deal everywhere, but on the dashboard (Canada) it shows $10 off on Gears. When you click it, it lists $10 off from the Triple Play pack and Gears of War 3 (there might be another one but I can't remember) only from the Microsoft store.

Okay, so I haven't really been up with the newer arcade releases or have the time to read too many reviews but Serious Sam Double D looks like a cool Contra-style late '80s-early '90s arcade shooter yet it has poor Xbox and Metacritic scores. What's the CAG verdict on this?

It looks awesome to me from the screenshots but is the gameplay awful or something?

[quote name='gubmccargen']Okay, so I haven't really been up with the newer arcade releases or have the time to read too many reviews but Serious Sam Double D looks like a cool Contra-style late '80s-early '90s arcade shooter yet it has poor Xbox and Metacritic scores. What's the CAG verdict on this?

It looks awesome to me from the screenshots but is the gameplay awful or something?[/QUOTE]

Story-wise, it's absolutely hilarious. Lots of great voiced dialogue that changes if you're playing co-op! The cut scenes also showcase the bad guys' side of the story which is just as silly and fun as the good guys' side.

Gameplay-wise, it's a bit loose and unpolished, but still lots of fun. Very chaotic and bombastic and fits in well with the Serious Sam universe, other than being 25% sillier. Sadly the second player can't save their progress or earn Achievements, but otherwise it's a great co-op game.

[quote name='eastx']Story-wise, it's absolutely hilarious. Lots of great voiced dialogue that changes if you're playing co-op! The cut scenes also showcase the bad guys' side of the story which is just as silly and fun as the good guys' side.

Gameplay-wise, it's a bit loose and unpolished, but still lots of fun. Very chaotic and bombastic and fits in well with the Serious Sam universe, other than being 25% sillier. Sadly the second player can't save their progress or earn Achievements, but otherwise it's a great co-op game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot, east, sounds good to me! Why not for 400 points? You just don't see many games like this and anything that takes me back to my arcade days is worth it.

Kind of surprising to see some "Hero" DLC get marked down I guess.
Those DJ Hero/DJH2 packs have been dirt-cheap before though I think; I can't think of any other reason I would already have them. And a Country pack for Guitar Hero? Not getting that.

Here's hoping DLC for the games continues to drop though. No reason it should stay at the current price when the genre is dead. I'll be sure to snatch some more songs up for DJ Hero and Guitar Hero when they fall.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Kind of surprising to see some "Hero" DLC get marked down I guess.
Those DJ Hero/DJH2 packs have been dirt-cheap before though I think; I can't think of any other reason I would already have them. And a Country pack for Guitar Hero? Not getting that.

Here's hoping DLC for the games continues to drop though. No reason it should stay at the current price when the genre is dead. I'll be sure to snatch some more songs up for DJ Hero and Guitar Hero when they fall.[/QUOTE]

For a few months, up until the end of the year anyway, they were having somewhat inconsistent weekly/bi-weekly discounts on GH/DJ DLC. A lot of them were repeats - as these three are - but it was a nice gesture, especially considering Activision has otherwise abandoned those franchises. I'm thinking this is the return of that trend and not just a set of three price drops, as the OP seems to indicate.

I wish they'd mark down the entire catalog much like the seemingly perpetual RB1/2 DLC sale Harmonix has running, but you can only hope for so much...

[quote name='benjamouth']Apparently the original Crash Course has been de-listed, kinda sucks as it was free.[/QUOTE]

Does that include the DLC too, which wasn't even that old? Aw piss... time to fire up the Xbox

Well, I mean, I don't see why it wouldn't include the DLC, but aaauuuuugh

Edit: Aaaand it does seem as though the original Crash Course has been delisted, but the DLC for it is still available for purchase, for now anyway. I'm willing to part with 160 spacebucks for the sake of completion.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Does that include the DLC too, which wasn't even that old? Aw piss... time to fire up the Xbox

Well, I mean, I don't see why it wouldn't include the DLC, but aaauuuuugh[/QUOTE]

Good point. I did not grab the dlc. It may be too late now.

Edit: The DLC is still up there. I better grab it while I can I guess.

Edit2: My wallet is 160 MSPs lighter now. I'm not sure I'll even play this dlc, but this way at least I won't regret not picking it up if it does get delisted.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Does that include the DLC too, which wasn't even that old? Aw piss... time to fire up the Xbox

Well, I mean, I don't see why it wouldn't include the DLC, but aaauuuuugh

Edit: Aaaand it does seem as though the original Crash Course has been delisted, but the DLC for it is still available for purchase, for now anyway. I'm willing to part with 160 spacebucks for the sake of completion.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ooga']Good point. I did not grab the dlc. It may be too late now.

Edit: The DLC is still up there. I better grab it while I can I guess.

Edit2: My wallet is 160 MSPs lighter now. I'm not sure I'll even play this dlc, but this way at least I won't regret not picking it up if it does get delisted.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up guys. I have 190 MSP in my wallet, I think I'll pick it up as well. It also added 2 avatar awards to the game, which I love.

I don't know if it applies to Crash Course specifically, but free games on the XBLM generally do not have DRM. That means they are not tied to your account. You can move them around on a USB stick. You could give it to a friend and if you got a new 360 for your kid's room they'd be able to play it in there without the account that downloaded it being signed in.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']https://twitter.com/twisted_pixel/status/332513275206045699

The Twisted Pixel bundle deal ends tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I've finally decided that Comic Jumper alone is not worth the 800. If the games had multiplayer, I might have considered it more incentive to have 2 copies.

And thanks for the heads-up about Crash Course. Made sure to buy the $2 DLC immediately. For those of you who missed out, they could always put it back like they did with Happy Action Theatre. Perhaps the original is being modified to accommodate sequel scores?

[quote name='BobbyTastic']For those of you who missed out, they could always put it back like they did with Happy Action Theatre. [/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?

[quote name='benjamouth']Apparently the original Crash Course has been de-listed, kinda sucks as it was free.[/QUOTE]
Whoa!!! I downloaded it yesterday night!!! hahaha, it's been very close :lol:

I think original Crash Course has an unobtainable achievement after the title update/DLC, so completionists need not bother to get the DLC. It's the gold medal achievement that's glitched.

I just got an email from Xbox Rewards with my April statement and it doesn't reflect anything from the big XBLA MyPunchcard promotion -- net even under Pending Points. That's super-annoying after all the XBLA I purchased last month to complete my card. Is anyone else seeing the bonuses in their statement?

[quote name='E.Nich']Whoa!!! I downloaded it yesterday night!!! hahaha, it's been very close :lol:[/QUOTE]

Was just about to say this. Added it to my queue based on all the positive talk around here. Photo finish!

[quote name='simmias']I think original Crash Course has an unobtainable achievement after the title update/DLC, so completionists need not bother to get the DLC. It's the gold medal achievement that's glitched.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea if what you're saying is true or not, but if the update/dlc caused the glitch then all you have to do is remove all updates and you shouldn't have a problem.

anyone on the fence about Joy Ride its quite a fun game it can be a bit challenging and grindy but the free roam mode it has adds alot of enjoyment to it

that said I bought ilomilo as soon as I saw it had a price drop

[quote name='ooga']I have no idea if what you're saying is true or not, but if the update/dlc caused the glitch then all you have to do is remove all updates and you shouldn't have a problem.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking, but there seems to be an issue if you ever downloaded the TU, updating the total number of achievements, this is according to commenters in the solutions on TA. From the same comments, the developers are working on a patch. Luckily I haven't loaded up the title update yet ... Too bad that game frustrated the hell out of me on one level.

[quote name='louiedog']I don't know if it applies to Crash Course specifically, but free games on the XBLM generally do not have DRM. That means they are not tied to your account. You can move them around on a USB stick. You could give it to a friend and if you got a new 360 for your kid's room they'd be able to play it in there without the account that downloaded it being signed in.[/QUOTE]

That is very interesting.
I missed out on Dash of Destruction. If someone is willing to help me out, I can mail you a flash drive and would be very grateful if you can download the game onto it and mail it back to me. Of course I will take care of all shipping costs as well.
If anyone is interested then PM me please. Thanks

Edit: I already got a couple of responses from kind people willing to help. Thanks everyone.

Hmm, the servers for CC1 have been shutted down? If so, it can't be completed due to the two online chievos.

[quote name='ooga']That is very interesting.
I missed out on Dash of Destruction. If someone is willing to help me out, I can mail you a flash drive and would be very grateful if you can download the game onto it and mail it back to me. Of course I will take care of all shipping costs as well.
If anyone is interested then PM me please. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I like this idea and would be down to do the same. Let's just pass it around!

[quote name='kdiddy1989']I like this idea and would be down to do the same. Let's just pass it around![/QUOTE]

If this ever actually happened, I'd be glad to join in as well.

[quote name='E.Nich']Hmm, the servers for CC1 have been shutted down? If so, it can't be completed due to the two online chievos.[/QUOTE]

Have they? Glad I knocked them out a while back. Only things I'm missing can be done myself. Also just bought the DLC as well just in case. I'm really irked by this unannounced delisting trend. I'm safe again this time, but one day I'm going to get burned.

Also I can't make myself bite on that Twisted Pixel bundle. The only game I'm missing is Ms Splosion Man but I wouldn't mind having Splosion Man on my HD as well since I only have it on the triple pack disc. I dont feel that warrants this buy though.

[quote name='Polerand']That's what I was thinking, but there seems to be an issue if you ever downloaded the TU, updating the total number of achievements, this is according to commenters in the solutions on TA. From the same comments, the developers are working on a patch. Luckily I haven't loaded up the title update yet ... Too bad that game frustrated the hell out of me on one level.[/QUOTE]
Yup, people deleted all game files and the update and were still unable to get it to pop.

Plus you'd get that ugly offline chievo that no completionist wants. Yes, that's weird, but it's true.

[quote name='simmias']Plus you'd get that ugly offline chievo that no completionist wants. Yes, that's weird, but it's true.[/QUOTE]
Ugh, I hate having achievements with no time stamp. :lol:

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Have they? Glad I knocked them out a while back. Only things I'm missing can be done myself. Also just bought the DLC as well just in case. I'm really irked by this unannounced delisting trend. I'm safe again this time, but one day I'm going to get burned.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if they are shutted down or not, just asking, since I'm not home yet. But it's logical that if they have delisted the game, the online service is not needed anymore (though a lot of people owns that game).

[quote name='kdiddy1989']I like this idea and would be down to do the same. Let's just pass it around![/QUOTE]

A communal flash drive loaded with a bunch of delisted games. Great idea. I'd like to take part in this.

The delisted games I've got:

Dash of Destruction
Doritos Crash Course
Joust
TMNT 1989 Arcade
TMNT Turtles in Time Reshelled

[quote name='tylerh1701']If this ever actually happened, I'd be glad to join in as well.[/QUOTE]

I already got a couple of responses from people willing to help. I will be glad to pass the USB to you after I get the game so we can all get it. Also, Yaris falls into that category as well. Hopefully we can include it on the stick as well. Am I forgetting any other freebie games that got delisted? I can certainly include those if there are more.

[quote name='MWB']A communal flash drive loaded with a bunch of delisted games. Great idea. I'd like to take part in this.

The delisted games I've got:

Dash of Destruction
Doritos Crash Course
Joust
TMNT 1989 Arcade
TMNT Turtles in Time Reshelled[/QUOTE]

I think Cornelius said only the free games are DRM free.

[quote name='ooga']I already got a couple of responses from people willing to help. I will be glad to pass the USB to you after I get the game so we can all get it. Also, Yaris falls into that category as well. So hopefully we can include it on the stick. Am I forgetting any other freebie games that got delisted? I can certainly include those as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I was going to say Totemball, but I think that one is still avaialble. Wasn't it delisted at some point?

[quote name='MWB']
Joust
TMNT 1989 Arcade
TMNT Turtles in Time Reshelled[/QUOTE]

Those were not freebies so it won't work for those titles.

I would imagine that an image of the USB drive could be shared over the Internet with the same effect, but if Microsoft creates a unique key or something based on the specific drive that may not work. I honestly have no idea. There's software out there that can read and write 360 formatted drives, but using it may violate the ToS.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Thanks man. I was going to say Totemball, but I think that one is still avaialble. Wasn't it delisted at some point?[/QUOTE]

Whoa, you're right. It was definitely delisted a few months ago when I checked. Not sure why it's back, but I guess I shouldn't complain. Grabbed it. :)

Edit: Hexic HD is back too. Wasn't that one delisted as well at some point?

Edit2: Totemball apparently needs the vision camera. So no point in me downloading it after all. :(

That sucks to hear about CC not only being pulled but the servers being pulled too. Hell... why even plainly advertise Crash Course 2 as a sequel when you can't get the original?

Speaking of doomed servers, it looks like TimeGate is probably kicking the bucket, if a mass layoff report on Kotaku is correct. Are the servers for Section 8: Prejudice still up? I'd consider picking it up and knocking out some of those achievements. (Yet another edit: WTF I thought this got a permanent price drop at some point, but it's 1200 MSP)

Edit: Either the wool is being pulled right over my eyes or the servers for the original Crash Course are still up. Just finished a few matches online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back