XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Joy Ride Turbo confirmed to be part of the weekly deals, or could it be a permanent price drop as well? Like the unannounced price drops in the OP.

I want to get it, but I can't find any confirmation or whatever.

[quote name='msnk']Is Joy Ride Turbo confirmed to be part of the weekly deals, or could it be a permanent price drop as well? Like the unannounced price drops in the OP.

I want to get it, but I can't find any confirmation or whatever.[/QUOTE]

There doesn't seem to be any confirmation anywhere. The fact that it's a Gold Exclusive deal makes me think that it's a limited time deal, probably just for one week.

Regardless, I had a lot of fun with it so far, so even if you spend 400 MSP on it and it ends up being a permanent drop, I don't think you'll have a lot of regret. It's a good game and worth $5.

I imagine there's no real point in getting the SS3 BFE Jewel of the Nile DLC is there? I thought it was absurd that they put the multiplayer behind a $15 DLC wall. Now that it's $5 it's much more reasonable, but I imagine it's an online ghost town and I doubt I'm ever going to need the bonus levels.

That said, the original single-player game is a total deal at 400 points, so if you're thinking about that one, I'd say go for it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']There doesn't seem to be any confirmation anywhere. The fact that it's a Gold Exclusive deal makes me think that it's a limited time deal, probably just for one week.

Regardless, I had a lot of fun with it so far, so even if you spend 400 MSP on it and it ends up being a permanent drop, I don't think you'll have a lot of regret. It's a good game and worth $5.[/QUOTE]

That makes a lot of sense.

Thanks, I will nab it before it's (maybe) gone :p

Finally played the 2 demos I was interested in for the week. Serious Sam 3 is a definite pass for me. I played about half of the first Serious Sam and it wasn't for me at all. I'm so glad there was a huge swarm section in the early part of the demo for 3, it reminded me how little I enjoy that style of gameplay.

Alternatively, I enjoyed Serious Sam Double D XXL more than I thought I would. I think I'll pick it up, feels like it's worth a playthrough for $5.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Finally played the 2 demos I was interested in for the week. Serious Sam 3 is a definite pass for me. I played about half of the first Serious Sam and it wasn't for me at all. I'm so glad there was a huge swarm section in the early part of the demo for 3, it reminded me how little I enjoy that style of gameplay.

Alternatively, I enjoyed Serious Sam Double D XXL more than I thought I would. I think I'll pick it up, feels like it's worth a playthrough for $5.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way about 3, just got a bit bored with it. If it dropped to $2-3 on steam I might get it, but nowadays games without a good storyline are a particularly hard sell. Post-bioshock disorder I guess haha

I liked the demo of Serious Sam Double D XXL well enough, but it felt very similar to Mommy's Best Games' indie title Weapon of Choice, which I added to my backlog a while ago when it was on sale. So with that in mind I'll pass.

Bummer that I bought Serious Sam BFE when it was on sale for 600 msp and haven't played it since, but I figured this day would come when the game dropped in price.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Finally played the 2 demos I was interested in for the week. Serious Sam 3 is a definite pass for me. I played about half of the first Serious Sam and it wasn't for me at all. I'm so glad there was a huge swarm section in the early part of the demo for 3, it reminded me how little I enjoy that style of gameplay.

Alternatively, I enjoyed Serious Sam Double D XXL more than I thought I would. I think I'll pick it up, feels like it's worth a playthrough for $5.[/QUOTE]

Hah same for me! =D Felt XXL was much better than SS3 =O so I bought XXL,
nothing for me this week anyway =)

I keep all my saves on the standard MS 250GB HDD. A few times a year I plug in a USB stick and copy over any new game saves and then put the USB stick back in storage. Easy.

[quote name='seppuku']I liked the demo of Serious Sam Double D XXL well enough, but it felt very similar to Mommy's Best Games' indie title Weapon of Choice, which I added to my backlog a while ago when it was on sale. So with that in mind I'll pass.

Bummer that I bought Serious Sam BFE when it was on sale for 600 msp and haven't played it since, but I figured this day would come when the game dropped in price.[/QUOTE]

Wow, never heard of that game, but just based on the screenshots, they look very similar.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Pricing and date rumors for some upcoming XBLA games.

Obviously just rumors at this point, but seems like it could be right. Though I'd be shocked if State of Decay isn't part of Summer of Arcade (which generally runs July-August).[/QUOTE]
IF Summer of Arcade is still a thing. They didn't do the usual Spring promotion this year so I'm kinda skeptic and hopeful they don't do the Summer of Arcade thing.

[quote name='bardockkun']IF Summer of Arcade is still a thing. They didn't do the usual Spring promotion this year so I'm kinda skeptic and hopeful they don't do the Summer of Arcade thing.[/QUOTE]

Didn't even think of that. I'd love if they would skip Summer of Arcade this year.

This thread sure does go off the rails (but still great reading for me) when the 360 falls off the wagon for good discounts and rewards offers. I guess it all can't be like last week where I merrily purchased Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the 3rd time and the Star Wars tables on Pinball FX2 without being a fan of the source material, much less the prior month with a rewards offer relevant to my interests.

This week yielded no purchases from me since the DotW only involves titles pertaining to the Serious Sam series, which may eventually have a physical disc release (meaning one can even wait for that to be priced even lower). My personal feeling towards the series, is that they are decent demos, but I cannot imagine myself putting forth money towards playing it for any more time beyond the demos [again, my odd taste in games at play]. The games just don't do it for me.

I may have been too eager at the beginning of the month for a new rewards offer, but that was tied with my Gold membership expiring very early in the month (been living off the [thread=334688]2 months for $2[/thread] and [thread=338087]free month[/thread] threads on CAG for the last 5 months, thanks CAG ^^). Disappointingly, the new MyPunchcard offer does not encourage me to make any purchases, furthermore its duration appears to last for the remainder of this month, all through next month, through half of the month following that as well. I know they say to check back often and new rewards are popping up all the time, but based on my 2+ years of enrollment to the rewards program, typically a new offer appears only after one ends. Coupled with the knowledge that this week's Serious Sam DotW and next week's Battlefield 3 DotW do not appeal to me as well, I find it appropriate to let my Gold membership lapse for the time being.

Of course, my fortune swings the other way as well. I cannot play Doritos Crash Course 2 because I am a Free/Silver member now. The game disallows play not only by requiring an online connection, but I can somewhat understand because the game could now be leveraged as a reason to be a Gold member, like a PS+ instant game collection offer along with Happy Wars. At least that's how I can best rationalize why the original Doritos Crash Course had to be removed from the marketplace while leaving Harm's Way alone; still a crummy thing to do IMO. What does get to me a bit is the delisting of the original Doritos Crash Course DLC which has only been on the marketplace for just a bit over 4 months, and I failed to make the purchase waiting on a DLC rewards offer. Unless I make a friend with someone local that bought the DLC which I can visit, it looks like the achievements for Doritos Crash Course City Lights will join the Pinball FX (1, Rocky & Bullwinkle DLC) and 1 vs. 100 (low rider) achievements I will never get [good thing I am not big on achievements or being a "completionist"].

Forgive me for my off topic comments, but as mentioned, such goes with the territory of deals which do not apply to me. I am so slow at tearing down my backlog. Last game I removed from the list was Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time HD, and now I realize how much I regret not buying Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands when it was on discount for 400MSP a while back, just so I can play the series chronologically by story. Ah well, at least there's some good news for me this week: it's confirmed I can play this on my 360.

Back onto deals, alongside the slightly discounted Forza 4 DLC, the XBLIG Penny Arcade 3 is currently reduced to 240MSP, but I am not sure if that is worthy of OP editing since it is just XBLIG. Also the Hotties Swimwear pack and Fighter Pack (dudes in boxers/briefs) of Dead or Alive 5 DLC are due to have the price increased at the end of the month, however Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate is due out this fall, and currently plans for this updated version lacks information on how it handles DLC from "vanilla" DOA5; if it will include the DLC or if DLC purchases from the "vanilla" DOA5 will transfer over, so proceed with caution before making a purchase. [My wait to get the game is extended because of the new release, original only drops in price lately probably because of this news]

[quote name='tylerh1701']Pricing and date rumors for some upcoming XBLA games.[/QUOTE]

The amount of 1200MSP and a 1600MSP disgusts me. Worse yet, there are 2 titles there which I really do want in Ducktales and Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara. I guess it is more waiting for discounts for me. Fortunately, I have a backlog to clear out, currently considering starting up the GoD Metro 2033, which I didn't pass up on at a discount unlike Forgotten Sands, since the sequel is due out ^^.

This Wednesday, it says Sanctum 2 is due out for XBLA. I am awful at tower defense, but this does look shiny like Nexuiz was to me ^^. Then there's the other listing for Hunter's Trophy 2 which is head scratching for me (but potentially hilarious like 360 Man Vs. Wild with Bear Grylls: The Game =P). I'll probably hold out until the prices get lowered, so my week looks to continue to be devoid of purchases, which benefits my wallet. I hope the coming week proves to at least be good for you at least.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow, never heard of that game, but just based on the screenshots, they look very similar.[/QUOTE]
It should since they're from the same developer.

Definitely passing on SS. All the talk in the thread reminded me that I'm not accustomed to games that swarm you with ridiculous amounts of enemies.

I was all for buying DuckTales at launch but someone mentioned how short it is and I don't know if I want to spend $15 on a minimal experience. At $10 I would easily support it for nostalgia's sake. I'd rather spend $15 on FC3 Blood Dragon or better yet Terraria for my time.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Definitely passing on SS. All the talk in the thread reminded me that I'm not accustomed to games that swarm you with ridiculous amounts of enemies.

I was all for buying DuckTales at launch but someone mentioned how short it is and I don't know if I want to spend $15 on a minimal experience. At $10 I would easily support it for nostalgia's sake. I'd rather spend $15 on FC3 Blood Dragon or better yet Terraria for my time.[/QUOTE]

I resisted SS this week in liue of the retail release supposedly headed out way. I'll grab that cheaply in the future as I have more than enough to hold me over for the forseeable future

Duck Tales and Blood Dragon are sale buys for me, and Terraria is simply a pass. I can however see myself picking up the DnD set at full price.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Pricing and date rumors for some upcoming XBLA games.

Obviously just rumors at this point, but seems like it could be right. Though I'd be shocked if State of Decay isn't part of Summer of Arcade (which generally runs July-August).[/QUOTE]

Cool find, thanks for sharing that list. I really hope that date is accurate for State of Decay, I'll most likely grab that up day one. Should be a fun game to tide me over until GTA V releases.

The TMNT game looks interesting too, but I'll most likely wait for a sale on that one..

-Battlefield 3 Stuff-

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand - 600msp (50% off)
Battlefield 3: Close Quarters - 600msp (50% off)
Battlefield 3: End Game - 600msp (50% off)
Battlefield 3: Armored Kill - 600msp (50% off)
Battlefield 3: Aftermath - 600msp (50% off)

-Kinect Games-

Darts vs Zombies - 160msp (33% off)
Ping Pong - 160msp (33% off)
Prize Driver - 160msp (33% off)
Reaction Rally - 160msp (33% off)
Penalty Saver - 160msp (33% off)
3 Point Contest - 160msp (33% off)
Ski Race - 160msp (33% off)
Field Goal Contest - 160msp (33% off)

-Arcade-

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus - 900msp (25% off)
Rhythm Party - 320msp (60% off)

-Games on Demand-

Guilty Gear 2 - 800msp (50% off)
BlazBlue - 800msp (50% off)

[quote name='Crono-00']The amount of 1200MSP and a 1600MSP disgusts me.[/quote]

Color me disgusted too... I would support two of those titles easily (TMNT, Ducktales) and would likely pick up two others day of release if their pricing was reasonable... (The two mentioned above I'm sure are short. I don't remember the D&D game(s) that well (but I suspect that they would be shorter and likely not all that deep considering the other Arcade games in its genre.(

State of Decay could still happen if its got a ton of value in it... but Zombies are that big of a selling point with me... and 20 bucks is a lot if you ask me.

Ducktales was actually announced at $15 right when the game was revealed. I guess some of you must have missed that, but I wasn't surprised to see the $15 price tag on it.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']-Arcade-

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus - 900msp (25% off)

-Games on Demand-

Guilty Gear 2 - 800msp (50% off)
BlazBlue - 800msp (50% off)[/QUOTE]Okay, little help here. Curious about BlazBlue and GG series but I get lost over all the different versions that have been released. Are there newer editions of these games, or are the most recent iterations represented here? And "Guilty Gear 2" is the one that's not even a fighting game, right?

I wake up to realize I may have to recant my previous statement regarding the lack of discounts which appeal to me of late. It appears the 25 years of Arc System Works brought forth some discounts on their games like Guilty Gear. I would have preferred if some DLC were offered at discounts, but GGXXAC+ and Guilty Gear 2: Overture does intrigue me. Now I have to decide if I should go for Guilty Gear 2: Overture at 800MSP or pay $6 more for a physical copy from amazon (was hoping it would be a "filler" title to reach a $25 mark at one point). Fortunately, I do not have to go Gold to acquire the Arc System Works titles on discount, so I get to wait to renew (but I will miss out on the 2% return from the rewards program =/).

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ducktales was actually announced at $15 right when the game was revealed. I guess some of you must have missed that, but I wasn't surprised to see the $15 price tag on it.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't that I missed its price, it was the listing of 1200MSP, 1200MSP, 1200MSP, 1200MSP, 1600MSP all back to back which makes me a sad radical dreamer. I'm old, and I still love the old NES pixel art and chiptunes (even when it was inaccurate to the colors of the show due to technical limitations), my vision is so bad it still looks good to me that I don't need the newfangled polygons, so I can continue living off of the old games especially when the XBLA release is priced at 1200MSP. At 800MSP, I'd probably let my nostalgia take over on day one. I do wish the upcoming XBLA game has a button which transitions between old and new graphics like R-type Dimensions or the Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition games.

[quote name='bajingo']come on guys, youre cags, you were going to wait for the sale anyway. :)[/QUOTE]

Why ... You're ... you're absolutely correct. That's all :cold:.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Okay, little help here. Curious about BlazBlue and GG series but I get lost over all the different versions that have been released. Are there newer editions of these games, or are the most recent iterations represented here? And "Guilty Gear 2" is the one that's not even a fighting game, right?[/QUOTE]

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus is the most recent release on the PS3, Wii, and 360, but the 360 and PS3 will allegedly get an update to its most recent edition of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R via title update (still hasn't happened yet probably to let arcade owners gain revenue from the machine for the time being). You are correct about Guilty Gear 2 Overture, its game mechanics are much closer to a Musou (Dynasty Warriors) game, a 3D brawler/hack and slash. Also BlazBlue's most recent edition in arcades is BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma, but on the 360 the latest release is BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend. Who knows, maybe Arc System Works plans a new series in line for the next generation set of hardware.

Happy 25th Arc System Works. I really wish you'd not neglect my home consoles with games like Legend of Riki or Absolute E Mahjong (portables just don't fit my lifestyle: I can't/shouldn't drive and game simultaneously, having the system out in public transportation screams "rob me" in my area, if I am out with friends I'm having fun with friends, and I have a fruit device for music). At least BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma is coming to the 360, right. Right? Please? Anyway, I hope we get more sweet deals or a rewards offer which actually encourages me to spend to pop up. Just because I am at a loss in-between what I feel like knocking off my backlog next (somewhat leaning towards Ridge Racer 6, but maybe I should get to work on Metro 2033 now that its sequel is out, or I can try claim dominance over my friends list now that I revisited the original Doritos Crash Course).

The massive Skullgirls "Slightly Different Edition" update has finally hit XBLA. Here is the list of changes. Humorously, the difficulty was stuck on Normal in the demo regardless of what you chose, which might explain why my ass was thoroughly beaten on "Easy" when I first played the trial.

The characters in the demo have also swapped from Cerebella and Filia to Peacock and Filia; curiously, you have to download the roughly 275 megabyte compatibility pack to enable that change.

Edit: Nope, I still get stomped on Easy, though not as badly at least.

That's a ton of MSP for all the BF3 DLC. Does the Premium Edition disc version have DLC codes or 2nd disc with DLC on it, similar to Fallout and Oblivion?

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']

-Kinect Games-

Darts vs Zombies - 160msp (33% off)
Ping Pong - 160msp (33% off)
Prize Driver - 160msp (33% off)
Reaction Rally - 160msp (33% off)
Penalty Saver - 160msp (33% off)
3 Point Contest - 160msp (33% off)
Ski Race - 160msp (33% off)
Field Goal Contest - 160msp (33% off)

[/QUOTE]

Do these have easy gamerscore? Yes or no answers and/or simple explanations please, don't need to spark up the whole debate again lol...

Also, BOTH Guilty Gear Games are totally worth it!

GGXXACP is 900 MSP? That's a weird price. Not sure if I want to get it, as I wanted to get it at 800 MSP, but a $1.25 in difference shouldn't be a big deal. I already had CSE on PS3, so I have no interest in getting the original version with less characters & a more strict Story Mode (you have to lose each battle in order to get 100%, making it more tedious).

So glad I waited on Guilty Gear XX! Love Blazblue and looking forward to going back into Guilty Gear as I never spent as much time with it.

So owning Guilty Gear XX makes buying Guilty Gear X2 redundant doesn't it? Isn't XX just the latest version of the game that started off as X2, or am I confused?

Guilty Gear XX or X2 was the very first version and Accent Core Plus is the newest version. Guilty Gear 2, on the other hand (no X in the title) is a completely different game.

The OP states that all the Kinect Sports mini games on sale are available in the Ulimate Kinect Sports collection, but owning that myself, I'm fairly sure that's not the case. These are separate mini games. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Man, thought about getting a BF3 dlc, but with State of Decay being 20 bucks, guess I'm gonna have to save my points because I'm getting that day 1.

If I change my mind though, which BF3 dlc is the best?

[quote name='kdiddy1989']That's a ton of MSP for all the BF3 DLC. Does the Premium Edition disc version have DLC codes or 2nd disc with DLC on it, similar to Fallout and Oblivion?[/QUOTE]

A single code to unlock all of the DLC through the in-game store. There are two discs, but they're for single and multiplayer.

If you're paying regular price for m$ pts, you're looking at close to $40 just for the DLC. Target had physical copies of Premium for $30 a few weeks ago, Origin.com mostly has sales on the PC version but occasionally console sales pop up... If you aren't in a big rush for it, I'd hold out for $25-30 price tag for the whole shebang.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']If I change my mind though, which BF3 dlc is the best?[/QUOTE]

Dunno which I would say is "best," but Close Quarters is the only one that's really different from the others. Focuses on tight indoor maps and knocking holes through walls. Also adds Scavenger which is like an old school FPS with weapon pickups, and Gunmaster where you get a couple kills with a gun and get upgraded. I kinda got all the others in a lump, as I had taken a break from BF3 for a time, so maybe that's also why they blend together. They just seem to all be huge maps with more emphasis on the vehicle combat, which is superb of course, but I still like the original maps for being able to be just as successful playing a footsoldier as grabbing a tank. Not sure which expac is which, but one of them has CTF added.

[quote name='Docsamson']The OP states that all the Kinect Sports mini games on sale are available in the Ulimate Kinect Sports collection, but owning that myself, I'm fairly sure that's not the case. These are separate mini games. Correct me if I'm wrong![/QUOTE]

They are separate games with 50 Gamerscore each. I'm just wondering if they are easy lol...

[quote name='Zonic505']Guilty Gear XX or X2 was the very first version and Accent Core Plus is the newest version. Guilty Gear 2, on the other hand (no X in the title) is a completely different game.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok - thanks for the info!

Also - When will Skullgirls ever go on sale? :(

[quote name='Docsamson']The OP states that all the Kinect Sports mini games on sale are available in the Ulimate Kinect Sports collection, but owning that myself, I'm fairly sure that's not the case. These are separate mini games. Correct me if I'm wrong![/QUOTE]

The internet is beyond useless is trying to find these answers. Can someone who owns Kinect Sports 1 and 2 or the combo pack please do some research on this? As far as I can tell, the only one I've been able to confirm is that "Darts vs Zombies" is part of the Free Challenge Pack 2 for Kinect Sports 2.

EDIT: Golf: "Prize Driver" is also part of that free pack as well. Hopefully I'll be able to uncover a few more.

[quote name='tylerh1701']The internet is beyond useless is trying to find these answers. Can someone who owns Kinect Sports 1 and 2 or the combo pack please do some research on this? As far as I can tell, the only one I've been able to confirm is that "Darts vs Zombies" is part of the Free Challenge Pack 2 for Kinect Sports 2.[/QUOTE]

I'll try and boot my copy of the UC up here when I get the chance. Give me an excuse to tear the cellophane off it. I sold my vanilla copies and upgrade to the UC on Black Friday but haven't played since. :lol:

[quote name='tylerh1701']The internet is beyond useless is trying to find these answers. Can someone who owns Kinect Sports 1 and 2 or the combo pack please do some research on this? As far as I can tell, the only one I've been able to confirm is that "Darts vs Zombies" is part of the Free Challenge Pack 2 for Kinect Sports 2.[/QUOTE]

They're all included in the base games/challenge packs

Ski Race- KS2 I believe
Basketball- KS2 or Basketball Challenge Pack
Darts vs Zombies - Challenge Pack 2
Tennis RR- KS2
Field Goal- KS2
Golf PD- Challenge Pack 2
Ping Pong - KS1
Soccer PS- KS1
Bowling- KS1

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']They're all included in the base games/challenge packs

Ski Race- KS2 I believe
Basketball- KS2 or Basketball Challenge Pack
Darts vs Zombies - Challenge Pack 2
Tennis RR- KS2
Field Goal- KS2
Golf PD- Challenge Pack 2
Ping Pong - KS1
Soccer PS- KS1
Bowling- KS1[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought too, but I can't seem to get a lot of the names of the minigames to match up. I'm thinking maybe they slightly changed the name of some of the minigames in the Gems Collection to make people think these were slightly different from the standard minigames?

For example, there is no "3 Point Contest" minigame in KS2 that I can find, but there is a "3 Point Hero" minigame.

Similarly, I can't find a "Field Goal Contest" minigame on KS2, but there is a "Crazy Kicker". There's also no "Reaction Rally" on KS2 but there is a "Rapid Returner". Finally, there's no "Penalty Saver" but there is a "Super Saver" on KS1. Maybe this is what's leading to my confusion?

[quote name='maesto_bungle']A single code to unlock all of the DLC through the in-game store. There are two discs, but they're for single and multiplayer.

If you're paying regular price for m$ pts, you're looking at close to $40 just for the DLC. Target had physical copies of Premium for $30 a few weeks ago, Origin.com mostly has sales on the PC version but occasionally console sales pop up... If you aren't in a big rush for it, I'd hold out for $25-30 price tag for the whole shebang.

Dunno which I would say is "best," but Close Quarters is the only one that's really different from the others. Focuses on tight indoor maps and knocking holes through walls. Also adds Scavenger which is like an old school FPS with weapon pickups, and Gunmaster where you get a couple kills with a gun and get upgraded. I kinda got all the others in a lump, as I had taken a break from BF3 for a time, so maybe that's also why they blend together. They just seem to all be huge maps with more emphasis on the vehicle combat, which is superb of course, but I still like the original maps for being able to be just as successful playing a footsoldier as grabbing a tank. Not sure which expac is which, but one of them has CTF added.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I figured that was the case but when I saw 2 disc spots in the case at Blockbuster, I wondered if it was rentable for the DLC. Thanks for clarifying. I really appreciate it.

I think some GonD got pricedropped (like AC2, Halo 3, SCC and Dead Island) because they're listed in a "Xbox Classics" section of the dashboard.

Im 100% sure Halo 3 and AC2 got a price drop because they were 29.99€ and 19.99€ the last time I checked (and because with a 50% discount I would've bought AC2 when it was on sale on february).

Check your dashboard to see pricing in your region, since I like in Euroland ;)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']uh....that Guilty Gear 2 game is NOTHING like the other Guilty Gears games. It's a 3d RTS if I recall correctly.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh nice! An ex of mine used to play that and it was the only GG title I found enjoyable. I might consider it.

As far as the KS gems I'm pretty sure the gem titles are just ways to give people a taste of KS and maybe get them hooked to purchase the full game as well as preying on cheevo collectors, though there is no demo for the gems to download for direct comparison to the minis offered in the main games. The description implies they may have added some sort of mission structure I assume so that its a little less bare bones and to facilitate unique cheevos.

I certainly wouldn't reccomend these even for OCD achievement junkies as each title has 50 gamerscore so at the sale price you're forking over $2 for 50gs, $8 for 200gs, $16 for 400gs. You could easily buy XBLA games worth playing for sigificantly less which would also grant you more gs.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']As far as the KS gems I'm pretty sure the gem titles are just ways to give people a taste of KS and maybe get them hooked to purchase the full game as well as preying on cheevo collectors, though there is no demo for the gems to download for direct comparison to the minis offered in the main games. The description implies they may have added some sort of mission structure I assume so that its a little less bare bones and to facilitate unique cheevos.

I certainly wouldn't reccomend these even for OCD achievement junkies as each title has 50 gamerscore so at the sale price you're forking over $2 for 50gs, $8 for 200gs, $16 for 400gs. You could easily buy XBLA games worth playing for sigificantly less which would also grant you more gs.[/QUOTE]

Well said. I really don't see any reason for people to buy these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back