XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Related to this weeks sale is the Gears of War Judgement VIP pass worth it? Any single player dlc involved or is it just mostly maps and modes for the multiplayer?

Any input would be appreciated.
I have the VIP Pass and it isn't worth it for even the discounted 1200. There is no Single Player DLC and all it adds are really two game modes (One is a rip-off of CoD's "Gun Game" and the other is pretty much Capture the Flag) along with a few maps that should have been in the game in the first place ... and finally a couple of cosmetic character and weapon skins. Use your points elsewhere.

I don't understand.  How does the processor make the game incompatible?  If I try to load pc software I can run it on either AMD or IBM processors... I could understand a different operating system...guess I don't understand game console hardware.

Assuming many new releases will have releases for both generations of consoles aren't developers doing all the work anyway?  I don't get it or care all that much because I can just keep my 360 but I am very interested in how they will integrate both systems into Live.  It will piss me off to no end if I can't communicate with 360 friends on X1.  

Assuming many new releases will have releases for both generations of consoles aren't developers doing all the work anyway? I don't get it or care all that much because I can just keep my 360 but I am very interested in how they will integrate both systems into Live. It will piss me off to no end if I can't communicate with 360 friends on X1.
I don't think communicating will be a problem, but I wouldn't get my hopes up about cross platform multiplayer :no:

Today is the last day to buy these Rock Band songs. They're scheduled to be removed from the online stores tomorrow.

Crooked X - "Rock 'n' Roll Dream"
Die Toten Hosen - "Hier Kommt Alex"
Les Wampas - "Manu Chao"
The Material - "Moving to Seattle"
Them Terribles - "Bullets & Guns"
Tokio Hotel - "Monsoon"
Vesuvius - "Promised Land"

"Promised Land" is a free download, and is needed to get an achievement in Rock Band 3. If you want to add it to your download history for the hell of it here is it's website page:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Promised-Land/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-00b645410829

"Hier Kommt Alex" is only playable in Rock Band 1 and Rock Band 2.

I still don't understand how that works-why isn't it like having an old pc game running on a new pc? Can someone explain or link WHY all these games simply cannot work with new hardware?
It's using a completely new architecture, which the old games weren't coded for. PC games are programmed for a large number of different specs, so they are generally able to work with newer machines more easily though some older games still get broken due to those sorts of issues.

I have the VIP Pass and it isn't worth it for even the discounted 1200. There is no Single Player DLC and all it adds are really two game modes (One is a rip-off of CoD's "Gun Game" and the other is pretty much Capture the Flag) along with a few maps that should have been in the game in the first place ... and finally a couple of cosmetic character and weapon skins. Use your points elsewhere.
I hate when people say a ripoff of "CODS gun game". Cod stole it from older games themselves. Wasnt counter strike the first to do it?

I'd say Hell and the UFO level are equally the most difficult. Having a bunch of rope does help, a jetpack is the best way to go though. You'll also want to have either a bunch of sticky bombs or a shotgun when you go there.

How to get to Hell:

Step 1: Udjat Eye

Collect the key and find the locked chest in The Mines (World 1)

Step 2: The Black Market

Use the Udjat Eye to find the Black Market in The Jungle (World 2). There's a hidden door that you must find, when you are close to it the Udjat Eye will start flashing and make a ticking noise. The closer you are to the door the faster it will flash/tick. Use a bomb to get to the door. The door will take you to The Black Market where you will purchase the ank from the bottom right shopkeeper. (It will cost you $50,000)

Step 3: Stone Face Statue

Locate the stone face statue in The Ice Caves (World 3) and die in that level in any way. Once you have died you will respawn inside the statue where you will collect the Headjet.

Step 4: Collect the Sceptre

You must kill Anubis in 4-1 and collect his Sceptre (I found throwing 3 sticky bombs at him to be the easiest way to kill him). Take the Sceptre into world 4-2 and find the golden door. The Sceptre will be used as a sacrifice to allow you passage through the door. This leads to the City of Gold, 4-3.

Step 5: The City of Gold

In the City of Gold you will find the Book of the Dead. Once you pick this up, Anubis II will spawn. You have to kill him (Kill him the same way you did the first one).

Step 6: Olmec

Here's the hard part. The Hell entrance is above the lava. The only way to get to the door is by making Olmec kill himself below the door. Once you have done this you can stand on Olmec's head to access the door to Hell (World 5).

Congrats! You made it to Hell. All I can tell you is to watch your step and take it slow. This place is BRUTAL!
Yeah, I think I will pass on trying Hell. Thanks for posting how to get there though.

I went back to Spelunky after months away from the game. For the first time I got to the temple world without dying. If I knew how, I would make a video on Spelunky tips and post it on Youtube, but I'll just list a few more here for those having trouble with the game:

- The majority of enemies in the game can be defeated by jumping on them. You can also grab their dead bodies and use them as weapons as well. I personally like to throw them towards those statues that throw a single arrow if you get in their path.

- DO grab jars. Like dead enemies, I use them to trigger statues that shoot an arrow. I like to use them as weapons since they break on impact and reveal currency or an enemy (if you hit an enemy and the enemy is inside the jar, both enemies die).

- DON'T grab skull heads. Just pretend they are snakes and jump on them. If you didn't kill a skeleton, then treat their head like a weapon. Also, try to avoid grabbing rocks and arrows unless the area you are in is open. These weapons can bounce off a wall, injure you, and could cause chain reactions that kill you immediately.

-My favorite items to get from the shopkeeper: Bombs (the more, the merrier), rope, paste, boots, compass, and kisses if you can afford them.

- DON'T buy any guns unless you want to die fast. Using them usually throws you back so you end up falling to your death or onto spikes.

-Speaking of spikes, you can walk across them. Just don't use the jump button next to one if you can.

what about my XBLA puchases? Will those work on the XB1? I really think im gonna skip this next gen for a year at least... and i hate that thought, ill probably not get an XB1 until a limited edition halo xb1 bundle is announced...

what about my XBLA puchases? Will those work on the XB1? I really think im gonna skip this next gen for a year at least... and i hate that thought, ill probably not get an XB1 until a limited edition halo xb1 bundle is announced...

To make it easy: NONE of your games will carry over to the Xbox One, Neither digital nor physcial games =O

NO!

They've made this clear on several occurrences since new engine, blah blah blah. Basically NOTHING 360 will work on the X1. Plus why does it really matter if you buy a console day 1? The good games don't come out until like year 2 or so of the life cycle, until then just alot of downtime of waiting for good games to come out at a consistent rate.

Nope. The Xbox One has no backwards compatibility. Keep your 360 if you want to play its games.

Today is the last day to buy these Rock Band songs. They're scheduled to be removed from the online stores tomorrow.

Les Wampas - "Manu Chao"
Tokio Hotel - "Monsoon"

"Promised Land" is a free download, and is needed to get an achievement in Rock Band 3. If you want to add it to your download history for the hell of it here is it's website page:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Promised-Land/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-00b645410829

I forgot to ask about that previously. I'm going to presume no, but I'm guessing that Hier Kommt Alex doesn't work in Rock Band Blitz either? Shame as I love that song.

Sweet, sold my Orange Box and Left 4 Dead 2 to Gamestop for more than i paid for them and now just waiting for Sath's inevitable other country discount info when the deals go live. :bow:

Also before anybody forgets, the pre-order codes for Gears of War Judgment from the Microsoft Store expire tomorrow.

I could care less if my Xbox One wont play my 360 content. I didn't buy my 360 games to play on Xbox One. I purchased my 360 games to play on my Xbox 360 and I will continue to own a 360 for many years to come. It will sit right beside my Xbox One. I will play Xbox One games on my Xbox One and Xbox 360 games on my Xbox360. Its just a non issue in my book. 

I am looking forward to this big sale next week. There are a few games on that list that I definitely want to pick up. XCom, Crysis 3, Hitman Absolution, Forza Horizon, and Bioshock Infinite. As long as the price is right, I am definitely picking them up!! Its really nice to see MS taking the sales more seriously. Free games, free TV and movie content, better sales, etc.. They are definitely making Xbox Gold a far better purchase overall. 

I could care less if my Xbox One wont play my 360 content. I didn't buy my 360 games to play on Xbox One. I purchased my 360 games to play on my Xbox 360 and I will continue to own a 360 for many years to come. It will sit right beside my Xbox One. I will play Xbox One games on my Xbox One and Xbox 360 games on my Xbox360. Its just a non issue in my book.
Listen. I'm a pretty big Xbox guy too and this isn't a deal breaker for me either but that argument is dumb. So if the Xbox One did play 360 games, you would still keep them both and play all of your 360 games on your 360? I understand that it's complicated and I don't understand anything about the reasons behind why they can't do it but they are touting the Xbox One as "input one" on your TV and and all-in-one entertainment solution and still ostensibly forcing people that are entrenched in Xbox Live with dozens of game purchases tied to their accounts to hold onto their 360s to play any of those games. I've got an Xbox 360, a PS3, a Roku, and will be getting a PS4 and Xbox One and all are going to fight for 3 HDMI inputs. If I could retire the PS3 and 360 and still play some of the THOUSANDS of dollars of games I own digitally for them, it would be nice.

Listen. I'm a pretty big Xbox guy too and this isn't a deal breaker for me either but that argument is dumb. So if the Xbox One did play 360 games, you would still keep them both and play all of your 360 games on your 360? I understand that it's complicated and I don't understand anything about the reasons behind why they can't do it but they are touting the Xbox One as "input one" on your TV and and all-in-one entertainment solution and still ostensibly forcing people that are entrenched in Xbox Live with dozens of game purchases tied to their accounts to hold onto their 360s to play any of those games. I've got an Xbox 360, a PS3, a Roku, and will be getting a PS4 and Xbox One and all are going to fight for 3 HDMI inputs. If I could retire the PS3 and 360 and still play some of the THOUSANDS of dollars of games I own digitally for them, it would be nice.
No, its not dumb. In fact, its just plain common sense in my book. I didn't buy a single Xbox 360 game with the expectation that I would be able to continue playing them on the next iteration of the Xbox. Expecting to be able to do so, especially given MS's track record with backwards compatibility, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I buy new consoles so I can buy the new games that will come out for that console, period. If I want to continue playing older games, than I keep the old consoles. Its that simple. Backwards compatibility is just a waste of resources in my book. I would much rather have them focus 100% of their efforts, and the console's power, towards playing new games. If you want to think thats dumb then so be it. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I think its dumb wasting resources on old games so well just agree to disagree.

By the way, if your having issues with the number of HDMI ports you have then buy a HDMI switcher, its that simple.

Really disappointed that the Blops 2 sale focuses mainly on avatar props. They really couldn't knock 5 off the 1st map pack?
I've been hearing conflicting reports of the fate of avatars once the XB1 hits. Some have been saying avatars days are numbered while others say they'll just be pushed even further into the background of the dashboard. These sales on avatar gear could be that MS is just trying to get as much money as they can out of the avatar system before it's too late.

Games On Demand won't transfer to the Xbox One.
Very true. I am curious though if MS will do something with the HDMI IN port on the back of the XBone, as technically you could plug your Xbox 360 into your XBone so technically they could add some overlay type of program to allow for certain deeper experiences. Though I doubt they plan for you to ever unplug your Cable box from your XBone so that's likely just wishful thinking on my part. Still it would be cool to see what could be done with it in terms of integration with web browsing or twitch, etc.

The one thing MS is going to do is actually make a lot of hardcore gamers who own multiple systems watch TV through their XBone as everyone will have 2 or 3 systems capitalizing the HDMI ports on the TV as most TVs only have 2 or 3. We might have all laughed at how they tauted watching TV through XBone but I have a feeling that hardcore gamers will do just that moreso just to free up an HDMI port on the back of their TV. It's actually a fairly interesting design by MS in that way to perhaps succeed their desire of 'owning the living room.' They might just do that by using our reliance on a small number of ports. Smart move MS. I didn't quite see that until now. Well played.

I've been hearing conflicting reports of the fate of avatars once the XB1 hits. Some have been saying avatars days are numbered while others say they'll just be pushed even further into the background of the dashboard. These sales on avatar gear could be that MS is just trying to get as much money as they can out of the avatar system before it's too late.
I wouldn't worry about avatars. MS is all about making the Xbox experience as personal as possible. Taking avatars away would be a step in the opposite direction. Not to mention a lot of people like them and MS makes money off of them. They may very well make some changes but avatars in general aren't going anywhere.

You know, unless you consider that the Xbox 360 was backwards compatible. But yea besides that....
No it wasn't. MS did wind up going back and made emulation profiles for certain games so they would work but it wound up being a small percentage of the overall Xbox catalog and they were released in small groups as time went on, so it took a long time just to get a small amount of games that worked. By the time MS stopped the program, only 50% of Xbox games were playable on the 360 and many had significant bugs. Sorry but that is not backwards compatibility. Thats more of an emulation workaround which was done on a per game basis. True backwards compatibility means that everything that worked on the previous system will work on the new system.

HD DVD is a dead format that you had to buy an addon for the Xbox 360 to play. The Xbone will play Blu Rays which won the battle of high def disc format 6 years or so ago.
What? Blu-ray won? Damn, I didn't get the memo.

Will my HD DVD add-on work with the new console? That is the deal breaker for me.

What? Blu-ray won? Damn, I didn't get the memo.

Will my HD DVD add-on work with the new console? That is the deal breaker for me.
Given the fact that it is hooked up via a USB cord, I have no doubt that someone out there will create a workaround that allows someone to use the Xbox HD-DVD drive on their Xbox One. I still have my HD-DVD drive for my 360, along with 200+ movies that I paid like 1-3 dollars each for. Picked up Season 1 for Battlestar Galactica for 4 bucks a few months back. If you dont mind using 2 players, there are just some sick deals out there on HD DVD movies.

Very true. I am curious though if MS will do something with the HDMI IN port on the back of the XBone, as technically you could plug your Xbox 360 into your XBone so technically they could add some overlay type of program to allow for certain deeper experiences. Though I doubt they plan for you to ever unplug your Cable box from your XBone so that's likely just wishful thinking on my part. Still it would be cool to see what could be done with it in terms of integration with web browsing or twitch, etc.

The one thing MS is going to do is actually make a lot of hardcore gamers who own multiple systems watch TV through their XBone as everyone will have 2 or 3 systems capitalizing the HDMI ports on the TV as most TVs only have 2 or 3. We might have all laughed at how they tauted watching TV through XBone but I have a feeling that hardcore gamers will do just that moreso just to free up an HDMI port on the back of their TV. It's actually a fairly interesting design by MS in that way to perhaps succeed their desire of 'owning the living room.' They might just do that by using our reliance on a small number of ports. Smart move MS. I didn't quite see that until now. Well played.
They did confirm that the 360 could be plugged intot the XONE and have a type of integration but even the rep said he wasn't 100% sure of how much. I assume it would basically overlay the Xbox hardware into the XONE and the processing be done through the one and not just patch the Xbox feed through the XONE with processing being done on the 360 side

I was just joking around with my other posts, but I honestly do have a crap load of HD DVDs still. And my 360 is the only way to play them.
I figured as much. Not many people think the HD war is still going on, lol.

There are few games I delete from my 360 HDD even if I 100% achievements unlock or just simply know I'm done with it I can never seem to delete them. With that said there are a few exceptions to that rule though and that's if that game is just downright awful, well Totemball and Yaris have company now as well because Spartacus is so damn awful. It looks and feels like a half assed game and even if I were stupid and rained down all my points on it there would be no way in hell the game could become fun at all. Outside of the 20 achievement points this game is nothing, but a waste of 2GB.

I also hate deleting games from my system and I ran out of room a LONG time ago. I literally stopped buying new content as I just didn't have the space for it. Then someone send me a private message and told me I should start using flash drives to free up some space. It wound up being great advice. I now transfer games that I have finished over to flash drives and keep the games I haven't finished playing on the main drive. I keep the flash drives in individual zip lock bags with a 4x5 index card that lists what content is on that particular drive. I wound up buying 2 - 3 packs of flash drives at Cost Co. and it has basically given me an additional 80Gigs+ of space and its pretty inexpensive. Much better than buying a whole new HD for 100 bucks which would only give me an additional 70 gigs in space. You should think about buying a couple as again it frees up space and lets you keep the games downloaded at the same time.

I wouldn't worry about avatars. MS is all about making the Xbox experience as personal as possible. Taking avatars away would be a step in the opposite direction. Not to mention a lot of people like them and MS makes money off of them. They may very well make some changes but avatars in general aren't going anywhere.
It already has been confirmed, that the avatar stuff (along with your GS and achievements) are the only thing that WILL transfer to the Xbone...

Even though the Games with Gold program includes arcade games, I still need more storage for when they give out full games.

1) The maximum size the 360 supports for USB drives is 32 GB, correct?

2) Can I have the game on the USB drive and the game save, DLC, etc. on the HDD?

Even though the Games with Gold program includes arcade games, I still need more storage for when they give out full games.

2) Can I have the game on the USB drive and the game save, DLC, etc. on the HDD?
1) Yes

2) I believe so.

It already has been confirmed, that the avatar stuff (along with your GS and achievements) are the only thing that WILL transfer to the Xbone...
Any music or videos bought will also transfer.

Even though the Games with Gold program includes arcade games, I still need more storage for when they give out full games.

1. Yes. Just remember that you can only have 2 USB sticks recognized at one time even though there are 4 ports. So if you have more than 2 sticks you will have to switch them out.

2. Yes you can have files anywhere. There are a few XBLA games that don't seem to like the cloud storage though ( I think Bastion is one of them, could be wrong, I just remember having an issue with a few). Just be consistent about where you save games as it's a pain to try to remember on which drive you have various saves, especially with the Xbox Slim as you essentially have 2 HDs in there with the 4GB internal drive as well.

Can I also recommend going through games and deleting saves. Certain RPGs create large save files. Dragon Age has save files that are 15-20mb and can add up. I ended up with 300 save files in Fallout 3 which ended up being like 2gb in data. The best strategy I've found to cleaning up save files is to move those you want to keep to cloud storage and then deleting the whole folder as it takes ages to move them individually. And you can move whole folders to cloud storage too if you don't want to do it file by file, the Xbox is smart enough to sort out that you can't move DLC or the games themselves to cloud storage and just skips over them. The only annoyance with cloud storage is I can't access my save files when I'm offline which can be a pain when my net is down.

No it wasn't. MS did wind up going back and made emulation profiles for certain games so they would work but it wound up being a small percentage of the overall Xbox catalog and they were released in small groups as time went on, so it took a long time just to get a small amount of games that worked. By the time MS stopped the program, only 50% of Xbox games were playable on the 360 and many had significant bugs. Sorry but that is not backwards compatibility. Thats more of an emulation workaround which was done on a per game basis. True backwards compatibility means that everything that worked on the previous system will work on the new system.
The problem with you is you think you have some logical reason for your statements. Backwards compatibility is a personal preference and relies on your personal idea of value. You saying the 360 "wasn't backwards compatible" is a further showing of your inherant arrogance to assume you somehow have definitive answers where none exists. You don't get to define the term for everyone. I can play xbox games on the 360, that is backwards compatibility to me even if not complete.

This generation is the first one where people own a ton of stuff digitally on hard drives. For the first time they face the idea that if microsoft decides to make these things unavailable then they will be gone if their drives fail. For a lot of people this means that microsoft needs to either have some form of backwards compatibility or assure customer in writing that they will keep up some form of server, basically forever. They, like you, will make their choices when it comes to that. But you're BS about "common sense" is just crap you're pulling to turn a matter of preference into some sort of psuedo-intellectual argument.

Les Wampas - "Manu Chao"
Tokio Hotel - "Monsoon"

Thanks for the info. But I can't get Promised Land to download. There are two that I find on the Dasboard (plus a trial). One is 80MSP and the other -1MSP.
Guessing it's already delisted. But what is the difference between these two?

i don't like world of tanks. i doubt it'll be a big hit on xbox with how it plays. of course it seems like the kind of game that is probably much, much better once you get a top level tank. but with a low level one its just boring imo. still neat they brought the game over (i'd never touch the game on PC knowing that everyone playing online is already experts, the one thing it had going for it was that most people in the games i joined were terrible as was i, but regardless, just not my cup of tea)

DIdn't someone in this thread once say they would eat a hat and post a video of it on Youtube if XBLA games didn't transfer over to the next gen Xbox?  Or am I out in left field with this one...

This is rather old news, but I just found out about it. It appears that once the shift from points to cash happens on XBL all CURRENT point balances will expire a year after the date of the conversion. I am ticked about this because I have over 10,000 points waiting for sales...now I only have 18 months to use over $100 in XBL points...They better have some awesome sales.

This is rather old news, but I just found out about it. It appears that once the shift from points to cash happens on XBL all CURRENT point balances will expire a year after the date of the conversion. I am ticked about this because I have over 10,000 points waiting for sales...now I only have 18 months to use over $100 in XBL points...They better have some awesome sales.
Only $120 worth? I think I blew through my $440 worth I purchased on Black Friday @ Target in 3 months! You saw the "ultimate" GoD sale coming next week, right?

As for the Rock Band songs, yes, they're gone ... and so will be the "Fable III" deal for GOLD members after Sunday night, so get it now, before "Halo 3" takes over.

I'm pretty excited to see if there is anything good in this "Ultimate Game Sale" next week. I rather like the Games on Demand. That last sale they had I picked up about 5 games.

Speaking of points, an interesting thing happened on the way to me using my pre-order codes for Gears of War Judgment. It seems that the free 1600 point code worked when I bought the physical card back in March and it also allowed me to get another free 1600 point code today. That almost makes up for having bought that damn piece of ass game at launch. I tried it again but it no longer works. Just a heads up to anybody with those codes to try it again.

Also I to am screwed with the too many points no good deals to use them on. Heres hoping that those GoD deals from next week have good prices and that they have an actual XBLA sale next week too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back