XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya... that list looks suspiciously like the table I posted at SD, which I ripped off from Rockabye (tho I did give credit). The red numbers are from previous sales, which I combed xbldb for. Where's a Tuesday Morning pic when you need one? :)
This is one of those games and prices are different everyday sales so do the prices for half of the games usually leak online before these? The last couple big sales were great so I'm gonna say this list is a joke.

I'll second the comment about Microsoft's marketing department being the source of a lot of their problems.

The Xbox One reveal wouldn't have been nearly as bad if they had better explained how sharing digital games would work and its advantages instead of leading off with the goofy TV/sports/Call of Duty/no used games reveal that both pissed off hardcore gamers and failed to get them mainstream media coverage.

Microsoft's marketing people have done an equally crappy job at selling Windows 8 and the Windows Phone. At this point they couldn't do any worse if they fired the entire department and replaced them with 1,000 monkeys at 1,000 typewriters.

Entertainment the whole day on Major Nelsons Blog....talking to a lot of people but it won't change a single thing =P

Anyway I wonder what the DotW tomorrow will have for us and how low the Ultimate Game Sale prices will go...but we just have to sit back and wait =P

Big mistake with MS going with an XBLA game.

That's the source of the ire.  It's not a game you can go buy off the shelf.  Therefore, it is a lesser title.  Plain and simple.

They could have gone with download versions of just about any other retail, off the shelf game and even if it was very old, I doubt there would have been as much complaining because it at least was a retail title.

I agree that Microsoft implied that Assassin's Creed and Halo would be the games for July. Even if that was accidental, they did give that impression and they had to anticipate that people would be disappointed when the first July game was in fact an old XBLA title.

Still, I'm surprised that people are so disappointed and upset about this whole program. Yes, it pales next to PS+ Instant Game Collection. Yes, the cool games that people expected for July are going to come later than expected. Still, this whole thing is gravy on top of whatever you were already getting for your $35 before. If Gold was worth it to you before, it's still worth it now, nothing's changed. Unless someone subscribed to Gold just to get some free old games. Which I can't imagine anyone actually did.

Boy Microsoft is really fumbling this one. Going from retail game in Fable 3 to XBLA game in Defense Force looks a little cheap. Not to mention the already discussed headfake of Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 not being here. Now I'm kinda worried that those two games will close out this promotion instead of kicking off.

I agree that Microsoft implied that Assassin's Creed and Halo would be the games for July. Even if that was accidental, they did give that impression and they had to anticipate that people would be disappointed when the first July game was in fact an old XBLA title.

Still, I'm surprised that people are so disappointed and upset about this whole program. Yes, it pales next to PS+ Instant Game Collection. Yes, the cool games that people expected for July are going to come later than expected. Still, this whole thing is gravy on top of whatever you were already getting for your $35 before. If Gold was worth it to you before, it's still worth it now, nothing's changed. Unless someone subscribed to Gold just to get some free old games. Which I can't imagine anyone actually did.
For me it's the bait and switch tactic that upsets me.

Microsoft knew people was expecting those two games and they didn't even attempt to clear up the confusion.

I've never heard anyone say L4D2 holds up as a solo game. Anybody that would dispute that? It seems to be the only decent deal out of the first set. Everything else is cheaper used.
No dispute here. The L4D series is not meant to be played solo. It's pretty boring and aggravating without human teammates.

In regards to the Defense Grid/Fable 3/Free game thing. A similar thing happens with PS+, people seem to overvalue retail games. I can order Fable 3 right now from Amazon for $7.07 (and this price hasn't nose-dived since it went free, it was cheap as hell long before it went free). Defense Grid is actually more expensive at the moment at $10. I don't understand why everyone is so upset with Defense Grid, unless they were expecting AC2/Halo 3, which MS did kind of screw up in communicating.

Microsoft knew people was expecting those two games and they didn't even attempt to clear up the confusion.
Yeah, seriously. How hard would it have been to just change their plans and start with Halo and Assassin's Creed once it became clear that fans were expecting that, even if mistakenly. Or to just clarify earlier that they weren't planning to start with those games. They're giving away free games-- how hard can it be to not screw up the PR for that. Apparently kind of hard.

I purchased XBL Gold for the explicit purpose of these giveaway games. Paid $50. It included 800 MSP so really only $40 but still.

I do feel this is a bait and switch tactic. Had I known it was going to be XBLA crap I wouldn't of bought in. I have no intentions of playing online and I'm not buying next gen consoles either.

I missed out on the $35 eBay deal last week so this was my next option.

If I could get a refund right now I would but I can't.

I purchased XBL Gold for the explicit purpose of these giveaway games. Paid $50. It included 800 MSP so really only $40 but still.

I do feel this is a bait and switch tactic. Had I known it was going to be XBLA crap I wouldn't of bought in. I have no intentions of playing online and I'm not buying next gen consoles either.

You know you could have just bought new copies of Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed II for like $33 on Amazon. Anyway, those games are still coming, just not in the first month.

This is not a bait and switch tactic whatsoever. This is you buying XBL Gold for the wrong reasons.

This is not a bait and switch tactic whatsoever. This is you buying XBL Gold for the wrong reasons.
This. If you ONLY wanted the free shit, you should have checked more here on CAG and seen that there's been a reusable free month of Gold offer for months now. I actually use Gold a lot, but thanks to this site I've payed $6 for the past 7 months.

And all they said at the E3 announcement was that we'd be getting 2 games a month through the year, including AC2 and Halo 3 at some point. It wasn't a good sign for high hopes when they started with Fable 3 (which was a free bundle GoD code forever), and the other 2 games were 5 or so years old. The only thing I'd say maybe was a little off, was that they showed 3 retail games with no hint that XBLA stuff would be included, but they did only say free games. Hell, they could include Indie Games garbage and still be accurate to what was announced.

I don't understand why everyone is so upset with Defense Grid, unless they were expecting AC2/Halo 3, which MS did kind of screw up in communicating.
A lot is because as I said before, tower defense is a crappy genre for consoles. Some of the games that do new things like Orcs Must Die or Toy Soldiers might have been received better. Plus...it's just really old. The idea is that even if the other AAA titles are cheap used there is still much more perceived value in them than Defense Grid. You can't argue people's perception of value, it's just the way they view things.

I can see both sides of the argument. Personally, I'm kind of bummed to not be getting Halo 3 this month, but I'll take Defense Grid as opposed to the usual NOTHING.

It did kind of seem like most of these freebies were going to be GoD games though. After they first dropped Fable 3 down to free and announced Halo 3 and AC2 were coming, seemed that would be the case. Oh well.

? I can still access the site (still mentions Fable III) http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/game-with-gold

But Defense Grid is still 800 points for me so who knows.
I swear that site just got me an xbox error whenever I tried earlier today ôo"

Man there is a lot of bellyaching going on for a free game. :wall: Reminds me of the PSN thread and the weekly PS+ games...
To be fair it's not (only) about the free game...more like the whole PR thing and the poor wording of MS and one hand doesn't know what the other do:

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport3/statuses/344548314995384320

EDIT: Gold site is gone again lol

A lot is because as I said before, tower defense is a crappy genre for consoles. Some of the games that do new things like Orcs Must Die or Toy Soldiers might have been received better. Plus...it's just really old. The idea is that even if the other AAA titles are cheap used there is still much more perceived value in them than Defense Grid. You can't argue people's perception of value, it's just the way they view things.
Huh? Great tower defense games are great on consoles. Plants vs. Zombies, Defense Grid, and PixelJunk Monsters are the three highlights of the genre for me.

So your complaining ABOUT the complaining is somehow better and warranted though?
I personally prefer it to the original complaining.

I'm happy about the choice. Unlike Fable 3, Halo 3, and AC 2, I don't already own Defense Grid.

So if we comb your post history we will definately see you clearly stating the games would come sometime in the next 6 month? In fact before defense grid dropped is there a source that reported this correctly? Quit being an apologist and admit Microsoft intended for people to believe this is how they were kicking off the service.
The fuck are you talking about. I am going by exactly what was said at E3 and then how 99% of people interpreted it. I was underwhelmed by the announcement of Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 as I already own them in disc form so, frankly, I don't give a fuck when Microsoft releases them, just as long as they do.

I know fanboyism blinds people but you have be really drunk off microsoft's bath water to not see microsoft lead people (including their own support staff and fan site) to thinking Halo 3 and AC2 was the first games. 

I keep checking this thread hoping that the prices of the sale games will have been posted.  Does anyone even know what day the sale is supposed to start?

Reading this thread in the past 12 or so hours and it almost feels like we're one step away from torches and pitchforks.

Also people who are getting Gold after knowing of only two games coming for "free" on it when it can be bought physical and on the cheap at a Gamestop or where ever, you are terrible with money and you were gypping your self anyways.

Reading this thread in the past 12 or so hours and it almost feels like we're one step away from torches and pitchforks.

Also people who are getting Gold after knowing of only two games coming for "free" on it when it can be bought physical and on the cheap at a Gamestop or where ever, you are terrible with money and you were gypping your self anyways.
The village is in flames right now if you take a look at Major Nelsons Blog lol...no need for torches or pitchforks anymore...

As for the Ultimate Game Sale...will probably start tomorrow with the new DotW...

I just can't believe people had such high expectations for this Games for Gold promotion in the first place, especially here on CAG, where we consistently make fun of how cheap MS is (the 20 MSP birthday present being a recent example). To me, people set themselves up to be disappointed by raising their expectations too high.

I just can't believe people had such high expectations for this Games for Gold promotion in the first place, especially here on CAG, where we consistently make fun of how cheap MS is (the 20 MSP birthday present being a recent example). To me, people set themselves up to be disappointed by raising their expectations too high.
How did they set themselves up to be disappointed by thinking the two games that they announced would be kicking off the program?

How did they set themselves up to be disappointed by thinking the two games that they announced would be kicking off the program?
My comment was more about the people complaining that we're getting "crap XBLA games". I'm not sure what they expected we'd get.

I dunno, maybe I am the only one who figured we'd get a mix of XBLA, GoD, and Kinect games.

The village is in flames right now if you take a look at Major Nelsons Blog lol...no need for torches or pitchforks anymore...
I Think they're only at effigy burning stage right now. Then again Don Mattrick or whatever has fled the tower and is now going toward the sinking boat.

I'm more surprised people who wanted Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 don't actually have it. We're goddamn CAG, I mean through trading and other random tactics we can get those games for the even more cheapiest of cheap ways. Not even taking into account that those games are old and if they weren't given for free I think people would continue not giving two shits about them.

Can we stop? There is nothing we can do about it. Just take your free game in stride. Also I agree with everyone else if you bought gold for crappy free games from 5 years ago, please have someone else handle your money.

My comment was more about the people complaining that we're getting "crap XBLA games". I'm not sure what they expected we'd get.

I dunno, maybe I am the only one who figured we'd get a mix of XBLA, GoD, and Kinect games.
I wasn't expecting it all to be high-quality Games on Demand stuff, but I was sort of expecting the two games announced would be up right away.

I Think they're only at effigy burning stage right now. Then again Don Mattrick or whatever has fled the tower and is now going toward the sinking boat.

I'm more surprised people who wanted Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 don't actually have it. We're goddamn CAG, I mean through trading and other random tactics we can get those games for the even more cheapiest of cheap ways. Not even taking into account that those games are old and if they weren't given for free I think people would continue not giving two shits about them.
Varying degrees of definition of "cheap" obviously.

I have a family: wife, 5 kids, so gaming expenses aren't even secondary or tertiary in the budget, they're lower still. I don't own either Halo 3 or AC2, and I will/would jump right on both for free, just like i would have Fable 3 had I not randomly gotten it new and cheap a few weeks prior. These are crap economic times still, so just because I *want* a game doesn't mean I always get it eventually. I have to prioritize. I'm a hockey fan, so being able to get an EA NHL game every 2-3 years takes precedence over some other games.

Honestly, a lot of ya'll are not the least bit what I would call "cheap", given the $$$ you drop on games monthly... you'd be better suited to GamingSpendingAddicts.com. Some people spend/buy in a month what I get in a year, if I'm lucky.

People should be glad that they are not getting the games they want this month. Gives them more of a reason to spend $50 gas to find $10 worth of games they don't want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back