XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Seasick Pirate']I've been waiting for for a ME2 for nearly 2 years now. Always saw it on sale before I bought the game. Haven't seen it discounted since. Some day…[/QUOTE]

Ha! Thats been my same problem. I picked it up when it was $5 at Best Buy and thought it will be easy to get the DLC for cheap since it seemed like it was on sale every other week just like the Bioshock 2 DLC. Then nothing after I bought it. Now that I have ME3 as well, really hoping for a good EA special.

I actually just finished Sleeping Dogs last week so I'm ecstatic that the DLC is on sale this week. I don't such timing has ever happened for me. Brilliant game, by the way.

just finished sleeping dogs yesterday, i was considering getting the nightmare point dlc, normally i don't buy dlc but i'm a sucker for anything halloween themed

glad i waited one day

[quote name='yamayama']Weird that the S&S deals haven't updated yet.[/QUOTE]
Does the console show the price drops for all the Sleeping Dog stuff yet? The web site only shows discounts on the SWAT and Street Racer packs as live, as well as the Hole in the Wall Kinect game. If the console doesn't show all the Sleeping Dogs discounts yet, there might be a problem on the back end preventing the updates.

[quote name='Bloomy']Does the console show the price drops for all the Sleeping Dog stuff yet? The web site only shows discounts on the SWAT and Street Racer packs as live...[/QUOTE]I've been checking the site all morning. At first, only the Street Racer pack was discounted. Now the SWAT DLC finally updated. It's like they're doing a slow rollout today.
I'll try and check the console when I go home for lunch.

So I tried purchasing Nightmare in Northpoint from the website which has the sale price listed. When I get to the checkout screen it still says its 560 points. Everything else shows up as the right price. WTF?

Sleeping Dogs stuff looks live on the website. Any word on the S&S App updating?

Also, looks like all the 2K and Ghost Recon deals are dead.

OP is updated, I got sick of the squirrely formatting so I just took a screencap of next weeks deals for now. I also didn't include the random 800MSP price drop on the Ghost Recon GoD, someone else is welcome to add that if they'd like.

[quote name='skatz83']So I tried purchasing Nightmare in Northpoint from the website which has the sale price listed. When I get to the checkout screen it still says its 560 points. Everything else shows up as the right price. WTF?[/QUOTE]

It's working now. Guess it was slow to update.

So it seems like the SWAT pack is not a bad bit of DLC either. 20 extra cop missions? Are these pretty fun for anyone who has played the game? Or are they just little "events" that take like 1-2 minutes to finish?

Edit: I already own the game so waiting for a GOTY version seems stupid but the amount of DLC for this game is ridiculous. Most of the DLC is cosmetic so I can pass but it seems like there will be even more story DLC in 2013.

[quote name='INCyr']Looks like Major Nelson's post is up: http://majornelson.com/2013/01/15/content-coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-22/

Sadly, no Mass Effect, but I continue to hold out hope that these publisher deals will hit EA sometime this spring and they'll put all the ME2/3 DLC on sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping Omega will go on sale in February or March. It took roughly three months for Leviathan to go on sale. I remember that ME2 DLC sale back in Dec. 2010 where everything except Arrival was 200 points, that was sweet.

Anyone else noticed that Retro City Rampage has increased in price from 800 MSP to 1200 MSP? Was the 800MSP price a launch discount like they did with Super Meat Boy?

[quote name='Gnort']Anyone else noticed that Retro City Rampage has increased in price from 800 MSP to 1200 MSP? Was the 800MSP price a launch discount like they did with Super Meat Boy?[/QUOTE]

It was said to be a "mistake" but personally I think the powers that be reduced it because when it came out on 360 it was free for PS+.

S&S Scratch & Match deals are up. 400 off Rockbland Blitz (33% off), Boom Boom Rocket (50% off), and Rhythm Party (50% off).
Boom Boom Rocket is on the cheap-as-hell Xbox Live Arcade compilation disc, so there's no reason to get that from XBLM.

For those wondering, the prize is a Fur Aviator avatar hat.

Thanks for the new thread Tyler.

Hmmm, well, nothing for me this week and the next. It's not a bad thing, since I spent a lot of points last christmas.

When I saw Rockstar games I got excited that maybe they'd have RDR up for a decent price...the sale price they had it for during the holiday sale was a joke....bleh oh well.

[quote name='VVaffle']S&S Scratch & Match deals are up. 400 off Rockbland Blitz (33% off), Boom Boom Rocket (50% off), and Rhythm Party (50% off).
Boom Boom Rocket is on the cheap-as-hell Xbox Live Arcade compilation disc, so there's no reason to get that from XBLM.

For those wondering, the prize is a Fur Aviator avatar hat.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I've enjoyed my time with Rock Band Blitz, but it was just 50% off less than a month ago, so I doubt many are going to jump for this 33% discount now.

Like you say, no need to buy Boom Boom Rocket.

Anyone play Rhythm Party? I thought I remember hearing that it was ok.

EDIT: Here's the 10 song list for Rhythm party if anyone is actually interested in the game. Based on the IGN review and what Chico said below me, it's definitely piqued my interest enough to try the demo.

1. Born This Way by Lady Gaga
2. Every Little Step by Bobby Brown
3. Y.M.C.A. by The Village People
4. A Midnight Rendezvous by Shanice
5. Still Unbreakable by Des-ROW featuring Vanilla Ice
6. SAY A PRAYER by Des-ROW featuring Maxi Priest
7. BEFREE by Des-ROW featuring Vanilla Ice
8. Summer Fairytale by Design-MAD crew
9. HEARTBREAK (Sound Selektaz remix) by NAOKI featuring Becca Hossany
10. All Thu The Night by Jun featuring Lisa Lisa

I got Rhythm Party when it was last on sale. I liked it a lot since it was basically Elite Beat Agents but with myself as the character. And the effects put on you by the Kinect are goofy fun.

[quote name='Gnort']Anyone else noticed that Retro City Rampage has increased in price from 800 MSP to 1200 MSP? Was the 800MSP price a launch discount like they did with Super Meat Boy?[/QUOTE]Crap. I forgot to buy it before the price increased. Guess I didn't really need it.

[quote name='AshesofWake']is that Undead Nightmare pack a stand alone type of deal? or Do I need the full game? (for Red Dead)[/QUOTE]

For the DLC you need the full game but there's a stand-alone retail version of the Undead Nightmare that doesn't require the original game, but you really should just go find a cheap copy of the GOTY version, it is a fantastic game.

[quote name='VVaffle']S&S Scratch & Match deals are up. 400 off Rockbland Blitz (33% off), Boom Boom Rocket (50% off), and Rhythm Party (50% off).

For those wondering, the prize is a Fur Aviator avatar hat.[/QUOTE]

Thanks ... adding them now to the OP. All done, including a note about "Undead Nightmare Collection" being only DLC, and what the GOTY gives you

^Best to watch on mute IMO. :)

Also, thanks Bloomy for cleaning up the OP a little bit. I use IE to edit the OP because it's WYSIWYG, but for some reason the format screws up on me a lot. I got sick of trying to fix it so I just stuck in the image temporarily.

Also, Bloomy or Cornelieus, one of you will probably do this anyway, but will you add a little note that mentions that none of the RDR DLC is stand alone? This question comes up a lot whenever it goes on sale.

^ While I appreciate this video for the feeling it causes in my pants I can only think how silly we humans are. It is really just a parade of uselessness.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Best to watch on mute IMO. :)

Also, thanks Bloomy for cleaning up the OP a little bit. I use IE to edit the OP because it's WYSIWYG, but for some reason the format screws up on me a lot. I got sick of trying to fix it so I just stuck in the image temporarily.

Also, Bloomy or Cornelieus, one of you will probably do this anyway, but will you add a little note that mentions that none of the RDR DLC is stand alone? This question comes up a lot whenever it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

Was about to signoff, but sure, why not! :) Wait just a sec. All done, included a note about "Undead Nightmare Collection" being only DLC, and what the GOTY gives you.

[quote name='Cornelius']Was about to signoff, but sure, why not! :) Wait just a sec. All done, included a note about "Undead Nightmare Collection" being only DLC, and what the GOTY gives you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man!

Will the Sleeping Dogs Nightmare in Northport DLC allow me to increase my Triad level or am I "forced" to buy one of the outfit packs? I have redone nearly every mission with the +10 or 15% (whichever is highest available in game) Triad experience outfit and I have not been able to hit level 10. I think that is one of the only achievements I have left. If I can get more Triad experience via the story DLC rather than cosmetic DLC, I would like to do that. Thanks for any help.

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Will the Sleeping Dogs Nightmare in Northport DLC allow me to increase my Triad level or am I "forced" to buy one of the outfit packs? I have redone nearly every mission with the +10 or 15% (whichever is highest available in game) Triad experience outfit and I have not been able to hit level 10. I think that is one of the only achievements I have left. If I can get more Triad experience via the story DLC rather than cosmetic DLC, I would like to do that. Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for the Nightmare DLC adding to Triad (or Police) levels, but I too had a ton of trouble getting my Triad upto Level 10. I realized after about the second time I replayed the wedding mission that the system seems to want you to get more "stars" than just simply racking up the XP. As soon as I realized that, I looked for what missions I got low-Triad "stars" and focused on specifically scoring high Triad with those.

Am I making sense? It's been a long week, LOL.

Btw, new thread, woot! \\:D/

PPS. Speaking of SD DLC, does anyone feel like adding a note about how the "Dragon Master Pack" includes a bunch of the other packs (and their missions)? If no one gets to it by tomorrow I'll hop on it.

[quote name='seanr1221']Nice job with the OP, Tyler.

Didn't new games used to get listed too? Whatever happened to that?[/QUOTE]

Yes it did. I will try to get this up and running shortly at the top of post #2, not that there is a lot on the XBLA docket at the moment. But as time goes by and more release dates are announced, please feel free to post them here and I'll update the list.

[quote name='Sanges99']PPS. Speaking of SD DLC, does anyone feel like adding a note about how the "Dragon Master Pack" includes a bunch of the other packs (and their missions)? If no one gets to it by tomorrow I'll hop on it.[/QUOTE]
Was easy enough to add ... thanks for the tip!

Is all of the DLC that come with the SD Dragon Master Pack worth it? I see that it's a good deal but are the extra missions and other bits included actually WORTH playing or are they pre-order DLC for a reason.

[quote name='commandercody83']Yay for new thread! Anyone pickup Retro City Rampage yet? I think that will be my next purchase![/QUOTE]
You may want to hold off on that. As mentioned earlier in the thread, its price went up from 800 to 1,200 earlier today.

[quote name='Bloomy']You may want to hold off on that. As mentioned earlier in the thread, its price went up from 800 to 1,200 earlier today.[/QUOTE]
Yup, it was the fastest sale I've ever seen :lol: It should have stayed at 800 MSP. But as it will/or has been released in PSN for 15 bucks...

I shall wait longer for it to hit 400 MSP, oh well :roll:

BTW, I tweaked some bits to the OP ... gave it a "2013" wax & polish. :)

[quote name='cancerman1120'][quote name='Cornelius']... thanks for the tip![/QUOTE]That's what she said? :whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]
... but then gave it back to the leper? :lol:

[quote name='DjDonFrancisco']Is all of the DLC that come with the SD Dragon Master Pack worth it? I see that it's a good deal but are the extra missions and other bits included actually WORTH playing or are they pre-order DLC for a reason.[/QUOTE]
My rule on pre-order DLC is if it adds a decent number of additional missions OR significantly makes your start-game low-level time more productive (like the Gearbox gold weapons in "Borderlands 2"), then I'd seriously check them out. Obviously some addons like the "Undercover Pack" seem more cosmetic ... but in this case, $4.00 / 320 points gives you a lot of missions, plus vehicles that take 2x of damage, and all in a fairly-new game that's still worth $35-$40.

Retro City Rampage jumped to 1200? Damn, I knew I forgot something this morning. Oh well... that's another inevitable discount to look forward to.

Good job with the OP tweaks; the extra images are just what it needed for a little more oomph and pizazz, IMO. I have a small adjustment or two I wanted to make myself, but not while you're still online and making your 300 edits in a row, Cornelius ;)

[quote name='DemonsMaster']For the DLC you need the full game but there's a stand-alone retail version of the Undead Nightmare that doesn't require the original game, but you really should just go find a cheap copy of the GOTY version, it is a fantastic game.[/QUOTE]

I've been trying but cheapest I've found it was for $30. Which for me is pricey for what I want to pay for it :(

Rambly time:

Our Sales & Specials+ header previously read like this:
"The deals below are only available through this App, while the
DOTW deals listed at the top of this wiki are for GOLD members only."

I didn't like this for a couple of reasons. That it could potentially be interpreted as "oh, everything above this point is for Gold only, I think?" was one of them, but that it and nothing else in the OP actually clarified how you get the S&S+ app was my impetus for overhauling it. I hope that someone benefits from the brief instructions I've included.

Oh, and while I'm at it: Buy or at least try Sleeping Dogs and Rock Band Blitz. They're easily two of my faves from the way back when of 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back