XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']No problem. Bionic Commando Rearmed is a really awesome game, hope you're enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

Just finished it actually and that game is very stingy with achievement points. So far in the past two days I have knocked out 4 games from my XBLA backlog.

Awesome job Tyler it will be nice to have an regulary updated OP.

This week so far I've picked up The single-player DLC for Ghost Recon (the Guerrilla map it comes with is pretty good) and Winterbottom. I liked the Axel and Pixel trial and will likely end up getting that, but Pool Nation is tempting as well. Looks like I need to get some more cheap points somehow....

Soo since we don't know what will be up for sale tomorrow let me take a wild guess...how about all XBLA DLC half off and most of GoDs are dropped to 400 MSP? (Wishful thinking lol)

Still I would like to see some drops on XBLA DLC and some more 400 MSP GoD...*sigh*

Thanks for the thread Tyler, good work.

I wonder if any of the Alien Breeds will go on sale before Colonial Marines is released? Been waiting for a sale since Prometheus was released. I don't think I've missed anything.

[quote name='Blade3D']Looks good, I wish Civ Rev was cheaper[/QUOTE]

Well the cheapest you can find the disk easily is $20 at Amazon new. GS wants $30 for a used copy.

[quote name='biledriver']Man, appreciate the work but it's sad not seeing ReddJoey's name up there. We need a tribute in the OP or something. Never forget![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thrinn']:bow:
image.php
:bow:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm glad that somebody finally stepped up to the plate and made the new thread that everybody needed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']I got a chance to chat with ReddJoey for a second today, I let him know he's welcome to retake possession of the thread if he ever wants to. Hopefully we'll see him again soon.

I don't necessarily consider this my thread (remember it's still wikified), it's just in my name so that the title can be updated regularly and the 2nd and 3rd Posts can be edited if people feel like we should move some information down from the OP. Most of the credit of this thread goes to Cornelius and Bloomy, with nadohawk and dark inchworm also doing a lot of positive things in editing the OP.

That being said, excited to see what's going on sale tomorrow. I'm personally hoping for Pid, despite lackluster reviews.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate all the support both now and over the last few years of this thread. It's really hard for me, like I was abandoning the thread and community but I have been struggling with even the most basic of updates lately. (If you think that's sad you should see how few games I played in 2012). I miss having the time to do the thread, but school and work are just eating up all my time right now. Honestly it was only going to be worse this semester, so I needed to pass the torch. Rest assured I will still try and pop up in the forums from time to time to comment and lurk from my phone between classes. I wish Tyler luck and might take him up on the offer someday.

[quote name='GUNNM']Still waiting for a castlevania dlc sale :>[/QUOTE]

That'd be sweet, assuming you mean HoD dlc. I always wanted to get those but wasn't sure if people played online anymore. If they ever go on sale I'll cave.

Looking good, Tyler, and you will be missed, Joey.

[quote name='Saren Arterius']Everyone has missed the point, what we need now is a fucking sale of Banjo Kazooie and Tooie.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't help you now but I remember picking this up for 600 MSP back in 2009 (or 2010?) on one of the New Year countdown-type deals. I don't remember the original ever going on sale. Too lazy to check Spylon's site right now.

How about some completely new deals?

I know Castlevania HoD DLC was on sale at one point but I forget when.

I'd also like to see that and Banjo go on sale for a change.

Thank you Tyler for the new thread. Good luck keeping up to date with it.

I enjoy seeing Coach McGuirk when I enter this thread. Thanks for setting up the new one, man.

[quote name='Saren Arterius']Everyone has missed the point, what we need now is a fucking sale of Banjo Kazooie and Tooie.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree with you.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Dashboard shows Sleeping Dogs on sale, but it hasn't updated yet.[/QUOTE]

I saw that as well I'll bite on Nightmare on North point @280(don't know why it would be more than that but this is square enix...), the other DLC doesn't seem very interesting.

Edit - North Point will be 280 ms points. Will be picking it up, some easy achivements and I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, one of the few games I got around to finishing in 2012.

Here we go again. Testing my ability to resist dlc for A game I will play some day but not now. I will most likely only get story based dlc for SD. Not spending money on outfits.

Sleeping Dogs themed DotW. Looks like the Dragon Master, SWAT and Street Racer packs are all half. While the Nightmare in North Point DLC is also half off as well and includes cheezmints. The GoD version is going to be $34.99 so 2800 MS points.

I'm going to bank on it being on sale later this year or possibly a version later down the line with all the DLC. Eitherway I can wait, especially since I don't own it.

Oh and good luck on your studies and work and hopefully not going insane, reddjoey.

Thanks for setting up the new thread!

Hmm I really liked the pool game but don't think I'll play it much and still have the inferior Bankshot Billiards. Scarygirl was crap so I passed. I was going to get the GRFS SP DLC but am holding off since my HDD is full and I won't start the game for awhile. Hopefully Ubisoft will put it on sale again. Those odds are high. I'm thinking the same for Sleeping Dogs.

Let's see if the Scratch & Match offers are any good.

[quote name='bardockkun']Sleeping Dogs themed DotW.[/QUOTE]

Meh.

What's up with XBLA anyway? There were no new games last week and still no word what's coming tomorrow. :(

[quote name='LordVila']Just finished it actually and that game is very stingy with achievement points. So far in the past two days I have knocked out 4 games from my XBLA backlog.[/QUOTE]

Rearmed is one of the games that requires a lot of effort to obtain 200/200. Super hard is a nightmare. I still have yet to finish the last few levels on this difficulty. :lol:
One of the finest XBLA games for sure.

btw Good thread, @tylerh1701.

Great job on the thread. Might pick up the Sleeping Dogs DLC and possibly even the pre-order pack (since it's $4 for 5 packs, it's admittedly a bit tempting.) so I can get a good push to finish that game. I'd wait for a complete edition if I didn't already have the game, but the DLC seems so minute that I don't think it's worth waiting several months for. Unless they release a substantial expansion or lots more DLC, of course. Otherwise a complete edition would just feel like Saints Row the Third's.

[quote name='Sath666']Meh.

What's up with XBLA anyway? There were no new games last week and still no word what's coming tomorrow. :([/QUOTE]Well according to this page the only XBLA games this month are Skulls of the Shogun and The Cave - which I was hoping would come out this week but it seems to be MIA.

MS is gonna have to pull out some tempting sales or else the next month or so will be a considerable dry-spell for XBLA.

Hmmmm, I literally just started playing Sleeping Dogs yesterday, may pick up the one DLC that add's content other then outfits/vehicles.

Amen to that!

Btw still no update on "loser" deals of Scratch & Match app...
MS you're LATE :(

My 1000 thanks for the new thread as well.
The first new thread for this year :)

[quote name='Rsmobile']dammit. Can't believe I missed FS DLC on sale[/QUOTE]

If you are referring to Ghost Recon: Future Soldier it's still showing as on sale to me.

Crap, another week games that don't interest me. Oh well, here's to next week! Sleeping Dogs is great from what I hear, hopefully anyone interested jumps on the DLC sale!

[quote name='Zonic505']Any word on what the S&S+ deals are? Not at my 360 at the moment, so I can't check.[/QUOTE]

They still aren't up yet.

[quote name='voormis']I wish the 360 version of GTA4 was on sale.[/QUOTE]

I think it was on sale for 800 or 1200 msp like a week ago im not sure if its still that price.

Don't forget new borderlands 2 dlc comes out today for your new season pass holders. Wonder where MJ is at with the weekly update.

Wow MS is really behind today, recently they've been on top of things. But since the new year, they've been really behind the ball, speaking as both a Windows Phone and XBLA gamer.

I haven't played Ghost Recon in a while. I loved the multiplayer on there. Is it still active? I'd pick up the DLC if so.

Nice to see Sleeping Dogs DLC on sale. I'll be in for that for sure since I just started the game this past weekend.

Sweet, I didn't know The Cave was coming out next week. It is pretty much my policy to snatch up anything Double Fine day one, and this looks awesome.

Looks like the only thing for me this week is:
Dead Space 3 demo
Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare in North Point (might actually make me play the game) (125 achievement points)
Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (season pass)

Hopefully the S&S app has something interesting in it, Come on Crystal Defenders! The Avatar Farm Online indie game caught my eye and I am going to try the demo of it tonight.

[quote name='INCyr']Sadly, no Mass Effect, but I continue to hold out hope that these publisher deals will hit EA sometime this spring and they'll put all the ME2/3 DLC on sale.[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for for a ME2 for nearly 2 years now. Always saw it on sale before I bought the game. Haven't seen it discounted since. Some day…

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'll probably get Hole in the Wall for Kinect for 200 MSP. Is it awful?[/QUOTE]
It's not bad. I've had a lot of fun playing with my son, even more fun with a few friends and some drinks.

I had a hole in the wall code that I traded away for $2 last year. I guess I am going to pick it up now since I have nothing better to spend my points on, no matter how awful it turns out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back