XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PenguinJim']I fully expect them to fix it by changing the $ price to $5.99. Careful now![/QUOTE]

There is always that...:lol:

The loser deals from the sales app are both Bionic Commando games at half off.

Take note that Amazon sells a compilation disc which includes BC2 for a little over $10.

[quote name='Junpei']Wait a minute... are GoD region locked too?? Well, guess I'll put up the 1600 US MSP card I've just bought for trade, then... :cry:[/QUOTE]

Not all GoD games are region locked. Some have no locks at all, some are locked to regional hardware, and some have to be downloaded from tan IP address in the corresponding country. It varies by game.

Here's a thread with some GoD games that don't have IP checks:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=380772

[quote name='Junpei']Wait a minute... are GoD region locked too?? Well, guess I'll put up the 1600 US MSP card I've just bought for trade, then... :cry:

1234931504682.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Ooh, I misread this before. Most 360 games aren't fully region-locked. You should be fine with the majority of games. You can check region compatibility at a few places around the 'net. Play-Asia, for example, has a lot of information on region-locking for individual 360 games - you can see there that El Shaddai (US version) is completely region-locked, while GRID (US version) is completely region-free. Just make sure you're looking at the right region version on 360. :bouncy:

[quote name='snakemaster2389']http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/El-Shaddai/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802494f07d1

Damnnnn, El Shaddai is 2.99!!![/QUOTE]Wow, that is an insane deal. Waited so long to get it for about $10-ish, but I might as well get it now.

Strangely, I get the 480 points if I switch to MSP, but if I use my credit/debit card, still says it's $2.99. Might as well see if I get charged the $3.

*checks billing history* $3.17. So yeah, if you buy it via debit/credit, it seems to be cheaper. Unless they fix the problem by the day it's suppose to be on sale.

I also see Darkness, GRID, Virtua Fighter 5, HAWX, Call of Juarez, & Rainbow Six Vegas for $5, plus Rayman Raving Rabbids for $3. Keep an eye on the Xbox Live Database for more.

so unless that list is updated how are some of those 19.99 games sales? bioshock really? that should be a price dropped to 10 or 5 dollars by now. not that i need it as i own it but just wondering lol

[quote name='PenguinJim']Ooh, I misread this before. Most 360 games aren't fully region-locked. You should be fine with the majority of games. You can check region compatibility at a few places around the 'net. Play-Asia, for example, has a lot of information on region-locking for individual 360 games - you can see there that El Shaddai (US version) is completely region-locked, while GRID (US version) is completely region-free. Just make sure you're looking at the right region version on 360. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info, I didn't thought about Play-Asia but I recall using it to check if Super Robot Taisen XO was region-locked at the time... and that was a resounding YES, sadly :roll:

Guess there's simply nothing I can do to get El Shaddai at that price then, since even if I manage to buy it through a VPN I presume it will check my hardware region on boot and refuse to start... I'll better continue to play the waiting game on Code: Veronica and Metal Gear to be at least 50% off... :cry:

Unless they've changed the system, the marketplace will check your console at the time of purchase and not let you buy a Game on Demand if it can't run on your console. So you shouldn't be able to buy a game you can't play.

[quote name='kayne2000']so unless that list is updated how are some of those 19.99 games sales? bioshock really? that should be a price dropped to 10 or 5 dollars by now. not that i need it as i own it but just wondering lol[/QUOTE]
Not everything is on sale today. Different sales happen on different days.

[quote name='Zonic505']Coming to Xbox Live blog post, plus all the additional GoD sales going on.

Sega Model 2 fighters for only $2 yeeeeeees.[/QUOTE]

Saweet! Jojo's Bizarre Adventure will be 800 points also. Finally some good deals. Snagged El Shaddai for $2.99 as well. I figured why wait on em to make the proper conversion for points and bought it with cash just to be safe.

I love how ME3 has a piece of DLC (I guess it is huge) that costs more than what you can buy the main game for on NewEgg right now.

Also, nothing like putting all your DLC on sale for your last game to drum up sales for the next game releasing in 3 weeks. Maybe that works but it seems like it should not.

FYI: It looks like Virtua Fighter 5 FS will be 400 points next week for those considering the GoD version.

Everybody just wait on the MSP price, they'll fix it. You can see they have it correct on the dashboard ad up, and xbldb is catching it correctly, so the prices on there confirm that the MSP are off and that we should just be patient, they'll fix it.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Sonofabitch I already spent some points on El Shaddai. You think they'll return the difference?[/QUOTE]

It's Microsoft! of course not they want all your money :lol:

[quote name='sicsonic']Everybody just wait on the MSP price, they'll fix it. You can see they have it correct on the dashboard ad up, and xbldb is catching it correctly, so the prices on there confirm that the MSP are off and that we should just be patient, they'll fix it.[/QUOTE]

I think xbldb is doing its own calculations for MSP prices, since it shows rounded dollar amounts instead of the exact marketplace prices.

In case anyone is interested, the next round of Dead or Alive 5 costume DLC has finally been released for 360, and the price is reduced for a limited time to make up for the delay. The Hotties Swimsuit set is $6.00 and the Fighter set is $1.00.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Not everything is on sale today. Different sales happen on different days.[/QUOTE]

oh i thought that list with bioshock and the other 16 or so games in it was all today.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']In case anyone is interested, the next round of Dead or Alive 5 costume DLC has finally been released for 360, and the price is reduced for a limited time to make up for the delay. The Hotties Swimsuit set is $6.00 and the Fighter set is $1.00.[/QUOTE]

sweet thanks....now if the rest of that DLC would go on sale....

Well I was positive I wasn't going to buy anything from the GoD sale, but $3 for El Shaddai is too tempting to pass up. Might even bite on Dirt 2.

Definitely in for the Sega sales next week. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure should have been 800msp to begin with. It's a little more than I normally spend for a game (600 max), but considering I thought it might never see a price drop I'm happy to pull the trigger for 800.

Nice to see the Sega fighting games to go down to 160 MSP! Hopefully I'll have enough left over to buy them after the GoD sale, which is looking pretty good so far. Definitely in for El Shaddai.

Looks like I'll get the two remaining sega fighters I don't currently own and El Shaddai. I would've probably picked it up for $10, but seeing it at $3 makes it a no brainer for me.

Currently undecided about Halo Wars though.

Oh man it's a good thing I've been slowly cashing in my bing points this week. I planned on getting VF5 if it dropped to $5 (I already own the disk) but I may need the points for other games. I'm happy so far. Keep up the $5 games Microsoft and I'll have to tap into the reserves (actual cash).... :)

When will the OP be updated with the new sales? The only way I could find out what game were on sale is to read the last several pages of posts to find the 1 link for today's sale. From what I've read, the points values are still messed up and you have to pay on a credit card to get the correct prices?

When the MS points prices are correct, someone please post so I can start buying some. I have tons of points so I don't want to pay by credit card. There are a couple games I want to buy, but unfortunately I already own disc versions of most of them. I wish I hadn't bought El Shaddai for $10 last August. I haven't even opened it yet.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I love how ME3 has a piece of DLC (I guess it is huge) that costs more than what you can buy the main game for on NewEgg right now.[/QUOTE]
And it's a pretty disappointing DLC. They released some more free multiplayer DLC today, though, and there's another $15 single player one in the works for March I think.

[quote name='Ubichu']When will the OP be updated with the new sales? The only way I could find out what game were on sale is to read the last several pages of posts to find the 1 link for today's sale. From what I've read, the points values are still messed up and you have to pay on a credit card to get the correct prices?

When the MS points prices are correct, someone please post so I can start buying some. I have tons of points so I don't want to pay by credit card. There are a couple games I want to buy, but unfortunately I already own disc versions of most of them. I wish I hadn't bought El Shaddai for $10 last August. I haven't even opened it yet.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to update it at your leisure. It's a wiki thread so get to it or wait until a less lazy person updates it like the rest of us.

[quote name='simmias']And it's a pretty disappointing DLC. They released some more free multiplayer DLC today, though, and there's another $15 single player one in the works for March I think.[/QUOTE]

I think he was referring to the $15 Citadel DLC included in Major Nelson's list which is coming out next week, not the Omega one you are talking about. A good number of people are still going to bite despite the price point since it is the final piece of SP DLC and your final get together with squadmates across all three games.

What's the difference between Virtua Fighter 5 and Virtua Fighter 5: The Final Showdown? I already have the latter from a previous 600 MSP sale.

I don't have Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements, but the reviews seem to hate it, so I guess it's not worth 400 MSP?

It might just be Call of Juarez #1 and Rayman Raving Rabbids for me today if they get buying by points fixed.

[quote name='gotdott']I think he was referring to the $15 Citadel DLC included in Major Nelson's list which is coming out next week, not the Omega one you are talking about. A good number of people are still going to bite despite the price point since it is the final piece of SP DLC and your final get together with squadmates across all three games.[/QUOTE]
LOL, I feel dumb, that's totally what he's talking about. Day one purchase for me, too.

GoD sale looks pretty good. I really spend WAY too much on El Shaddai, ouch. I'm gonna try and unload my PS3 copy on Amazon are pick up the GoD copy. I'm also in for the Rabbids game for sure, and I'll be getting that Red Bull Crashed Ice game for Kinect for 160. I'll pick up a few of the 160 MSP games next week as well. Definitely some very nice sales so far.

[quote name='tylerh1701']GoD sale looks pretty good. I really spend WAY too much on El Shaddai, ouch. I'm gonna try and unload my PS3 copy on Amazon are pick up the GoD copy. I'm also in for the Rabbids game for sure, and I'll be getting that Red Bull Crashed Ice game for Kinect for 160. I'll pick up a few of the 160 MSP games next week as well. Definitely some very nice sales so far.[/QUOTE]
Where was Red Bull Crashed Ice Kinect mentioned in this thread?

I think the problem I'm having now is that there is no master list of all games on sale in the OP or Twiki, and with various posts people keep mentioning other games and DLC out of the blue, so I feel like there are more sales going on and I'm missing some of them. The reason I look at CAG is to see the master list in the OP to make sure I don't miss anything. Once I'm stuck at work in an hour, I'm stuck there until late tonight, so I hope all the sales last until at least midnight PST.

El Shaddai Xbox 360 was worth $3 brand new as an Amazon trade-in. I didn't see the PS3 version listed. Perhaps you meant selling on Amazon marketplace? Either way it looks like getting $10 for a sealed copy would be unlikely, so it's probably not worth the effort to try to unload my sealed copy.

It hasn't been mentioned in this thread, like Chrono said this is a wiki thread so anyone is able to update it with any known sales. At some point myself, Bloomy, or Cornelius will update it, but until that time it's not updated. It's unreasonable to expect the OP to be updated as soon as a game goes on sale, even if the thread was run by one person I don't think that would happen.

But the only deals that will expire today are for Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo Reach, and Halo Wars. Everything else will go on for at least a week right now.

[quote name='Ubichu']What's the difference between Virtua Fighter 5 and Virtua Fighter 5: The Final Showdown? I already have the latter from a previous 600 MSP sale.

I don't have Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements, but the reviews seem to hate it, so I guess it's not worth 400 MSP?

It might just be Call of Juarez #1 and Rayman Raving Rabbids for me today if they get buying by points fixed.[/QUOTE]
The arcade version (final showdown) of VF has no mission mode were you compete against computer players in a virtual town setting traveling to various arcades. It basically gives the game things to unlock instead of just strick fighting. I personally prefer the extra stuff to do so I never bought the arcade version but hate loading my discs so I'll probably buy the GOD version...

[quote name='Ubichu']When will the OP be updated with the new sales? The only way I could find out what game were on sale is to read the last several pages of posts to find the 1 link for today's sale. From what I've read, the points values are still messed up and you have to pay on a credit card to get the correct prices?

When the MS points prices are correct, someone please post so I can start buying some. I have tons of points so I don't want to pay by credit card. There are a couple games I want to buy, but unfortunately I already own disc versions of most of them. I wish I hadn't bought El Shaddai for $10 last August. I haven't even opened it yet.[/QUOTE]
You could use xbld and see all the price changes as they come in.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It hasn't been mentioned in this thread, like Chrono said this is a wiki thread so anyone is able to update it with any known sales. At some point myself, Bloomy, or Cornelius will update it, but until that time it's not updated. It's unreasonable to expect the OP to be updated as soon as a game goes on sale, even if the thread was run by one person I don't think that would happen.

But the only deals that will expire today are for Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo Reach, and Halo Wars. Everything else will go on for at least a week right now.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately I'm the last person who should update the OP or Wiki because I'm still trying to figure out what else is on sale besides the list on Major Nelson's site plus the Halo games. If I had all of the info, then I'd do it. I think there are far more knowledgeable people on XBL sales than I.

I'm glad to hear all of the other games are suposed to be week-long sales. Hopefully Microsoft doesn't decide to raise the prices on any of those and the point prices will drop to match today. I have to go to work now, and I'll check back late tonight and hope it's all sorted out.
[quote name='irafreak']You could use xbld and see all the price changes as they come in.[/QUOTE]
True, but I've never liked the format of xbldb. Since I'm going to be offline for 9 hours due to work, I can't monitor xbldb. Offline being my work gets mad if you use the Internet for game related stuff. Researching job tasks is OK, but anything related to games, movies, music, or hobbies is not.

i made a thread about this issue, but does anyone know if halo wars comes with the dlc like the platinum version does?

[quote name='shinn']i made a thread about this issue, but does anyone know if halo wars comes with the dlc like the platinum version does?[/QUOTE]
No, it doesn't.

im a little tempted to get dirt 2, it looks pretty, but i'm not sure about the game modes. my favorite rally game was WRC (ps2, the first one). it had regular rally play, with multiple stages, car damage, car adjustments, and a season point championship. does dirt 2 have a mode like that where i can just be a driver in a season and race multi stage rallys? it looks like a lot of random race modes.

for that experience would i be better off just getting gran turismo 5 on ps3? its supposed to have wrc, but i can't find anything on the net on if it has a championship mode like i'm describing or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back