XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irafreak']Probably not. Most Australian stuff doesn't work with US[/QUOTE]
Most of it does, but there's enough that doesn't that you have to be careful. (I used to live in Australia and it was rather annoying!)

[quote name='bug034']So, I can buy Max Payne 3 win an AU account and play in my NTSC console?[/QUOTE]

Max Payne 3 PAL is region-free on 360.

Tomb Raider Legend is a good game. if i didnt already complete it on Xbox 360 and PS2 i would buy it.

So far i picked up Dead Island and Max Payne 3. Kind of wish i jumped on a RE game when i had the chance.

Well I think I'm done with this sale, got el Shaddai, Borderlands 2, Fallout 3, Ghost Recon AW2, Max Payne 3, Orange box and Left 4 dead 2 all fot $35 and I still have 40 MSP in my Hungary account, thanks to all that added info to this tread

Thank goodness Civ Rev is $10. More than I was willing to spend. Still soo low on HDD space. At least I can save a little more room. If any of those fighters go for $5 there's a high probability I'll bite on them (I'm looking at you MK v DC, SFxT, SSFIV: AE, King of Fighters XIII, and maybe even Tekken Tag Tournament 2). Still thinking about DiRT 2, Dark Messiah, GRiD and Virtua Fighter 5.

So just so I understand (I know virtually nothing about the franchise but I'm still interested despite not caring much at all for stealth games), the disc version of Metal Gear Solid HD includes all three games with 2,000 gamerscore total then? Since they are separated on GoD as 1/2 and Peacewalker I would assume the disc has the same achievement setup? Or do the GoDs have separate/stackable achievements?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']
So just so I understand (I know virtually nothing about the franchise but I'm still interested despite not caring much at all for stealth games), the disc version of Metal Gear Solid HD includes all three games with 2,000 gamerscore total then? Since they are separated on GoD as 1/2 and Peacewalker I would assume the disc has the same achievement setup? Or do the GoDs have separate/stackable achievements?[/QUOTE]
1000 on each, it was released on two discs

[quote name='snakemaster2389']I still have 940 msp left and not sure what to get. might save it[/QUOTE]

Those from hungary account? if that is the case there are some very cheap games in there that are region free... or maybe if you're interested in some of the tomorrow games then you should wait

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Thank goodness Civ Rev is $10. More than I was willing to spend. Still soo low on HDD space. At least I can save a little more room. If any of those fighters go for $5 there's a high probability I'll bite on them (I'm looking at you MK v DC, SFxT, SSFIV: AE, King of Fighters XIII, and maybe even Tekken Tag Tournament 2). Still thinking about DiRT 2, Dark Messiah, GRiD and Virtua Fighter 5.

So just so I understand (I know virtually nothing about the franchise but I'm still interested despite not caring much at all for stealth games), the disc version of Metal Gear Solid HD includes all three games with 2,000 gamerscore total then? Since they are separated on GoD as 1/2 and Peacewalker I would assume the disc has the same achievement setup? Or do the GoDs have separate/stackable achievements?[/QUOTE]

I doubt most of the fighters will be $5 considering the trend of the last few days. MKvDC, VF:FB, and vanilla SF are the likely ones, but all the others are way too popular. MKvDC would be a great deal though since its used price is pretty up there

I've never played L4D2, is there still a lot of people playing online, and are they welcoming to newcomers?

[quote name='Cornelius']BTW, with such a nice day outside, I decided to do some gardening indoors on the OP ... and fixed up some upcoming sales with links, deleted expired sales (Ace Combat), whacked the January markdowns, and moved the RB track sale down to markdowns (now that DLC will end soon). That's about enough playing in the OP for 1 day, I think. :)[/QUOTE]
Thanks dude!

BTW, with such a nice day outside, I decided to do some gardening indoors on the OP ... and fixed up some upcoming sales with links, deleted expired sales (Ace Combat), whacked the January markdowns, and moved the RB track sale down to markdowns (now that DLC will end soon). That's about enough playing in the OP for 1 day, I think. :)

I am not one usually one to advocate for another console (I am mainly on the Xbox), but I personally think it makes more sense financially to buy L4D2 for Steam. I bought it for $5 in the Summer Sale, and it came with all the DLC (It's free on PC/MAC and $7 each on Xbox). Now, I agree that it's "more comfortable" to play on Xbox, but I thought I would throw that out there.

Finally going to pick up Max Payne 3! Surprisingly it's $10 cheaper than a used copy at EB Games here in Canada.

For all you guys in the UK, it's being listed at 4.49 pounds (I'm assuming other Euro countries are getting a deal as well).

Now to my question: After buying this game I'm left with 860MSP (since it's charging me 1040MSP for some reason). Should I spend 200MSP on Dirt 2 as well? (It's $3 here or 200MSP). Is it a good game? (I haven't played a driving game in a while and I can't spend time playing the demo considering I have a midterm tomorrow).

I was playing through Left 4 Dead and I see why I let it sit on my shelf. I like it for a couple of levels then it's repetitive and boring. Plus there is practically no storyline. Does L4D2 add one or is it more of the same hordes of zombie blasting?

I decided to pick up Fallout 3 and Orange Box.

The more I hear about the Xbox version of MGS, the more I think it is better as a rental.

As tempting as Max 3 is, I think it's best if I keep my disc version until it goes on sale again (i.e. later when I have more points to play with).

That's nice to hear they extended the sale prices. Will give me more time to keep from having impulse purchases. Traded in LFD2 to GameStop for 27 today and bought it again for 800 MSP.

[quote name='Cage017']I was playing through Left 4 Dead and I see why I let it sit on my shelf. I like it for a couple of levels then it's repetitive and boring. Plus there is practically no storyline. Does L4D2 add one or is it more of the same hordes of zombie blasting?[/QUOTE]
If that's your definition of a co-op shooter, then you can feel secure in your decision to skip L4D2. You're also correct that there's no storyline ... well, that you can't explain in 1 sentence of "4 people are left for dead, and must fight to get to a rescue opportunity" ... and they do it over & over & over again in 4 campaigns. :)

Otherwise, it just doesn't seem like you have many friends, because thanks to the Director AI, L4D / L4D2 are some of the best co-op shooter experiences you can buy ... period.

That is a nice move on Microsoft's part to extend the sale dates. I may have to pick up a flash drive tomorrow to give me some room for Civilization Revolution. Now I won't have to worry about deleting things tonight, I'll just take care of it tomorrow.

Also, nice work on the OP Cornelius. It looks good and is easy to read. I like the solution that was facilitated a few days ago hiding the comparison prices under a spoiler tag. I don't recall who suggested it but it was a good idea.

[quote name='Cornelius']If that's your definition of a co-op shooter, then you can feel secure in your decision to skip L4D2. You're also correct that there's no storyline ... well, that you can't explain in 1 sentence of "4 people are left for dead, and must fight to get to a rescue opportunity" ... and they do it over & over & over again in 4 campaigns. :)

Otherwise, it just doesn't seem like you have many friends, because thanks to the Director AI, L4D / L4D2 are some of the best co-op shooter experiences you can buy ... period.[/QUOTE]

With friends L4D is fucking unbeatable!

This sale has been really good. I picked up Grid, Dirt 2 and Orange Box. I thinking about Rayman RR, Civ Rev, Fallout 3 and TR Legend, Any thoughts?

[quote name='vantheman']Traded in LFD2 to GameStop for 27 today and bought it again for 800 MSP.[/QUOTE]
Hilarious ... and Best Buy is only paying $3.00 + $3.00 bonus + 10% Unlocked = $6.60. :lol:

Going to have to go through my discs if the "rare" titles are pulling in that much!

[quote name='Cornelius']BTW, with such a nice day outside, I decided to do some gardening indoors on the OP ... and fixed up some upcoming sales with links, deleted expired sales (Ace Combat), whacked the January markdowns, and moved the RB track sale down to markdowns (now that DLC will end soon). That's about enough playing in the OP for 1 day, I think. :)[/QUOTE]

Nice job, thank you.

[quote name='Cage017']I was playing through Left 4 Dead and I see why I let it sit on my shelf. I like it for a couple of levels then it's repetitive and boring. Plus there is practically no storyline. Does L4D2 add one or is it more of the same hordes of zombie blasting? [/QUOTE]

I don't care for the L4D series either, I only played it solo, just like I do with most games. It's a hard sell if you only want to play it solo. To me, co-op is a must to get proper enjoyment out of the game.

Yup, I'm seeing MK Vs. DC for $5 if you proceed to checkout. Original SF4 is $10 also. & Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is $20 as well, down from $50.

In that case, I pass on the L4D series. I'll stick with Dead Island and the Gears of War series.

Thanks for all the updates you guys are doing.

and im adding MK vs DC and The Darkness to my games library now and i am done. feel free to add me so we can play some Max Payne 3, Dead Island or Mk vs DC:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even particularly care for MK vs. DC but for 400 points, I'll throw it into the backlog. Did you read that Barry? I said *GASP* backlog.

Trying to decide between Civ Rev and L4D2 tonight.

I'm assuming there's still a solid online community for L4D2. Is it friendly to people who'd be picking up the series for the first time? How about Civ Rev? Is it easy to still find a match online (aside for the bump it's getting from this sale?)

[quote name='irafreak']HOLY CRAP! Just got KOF XIII off the hungarian marketplace for 160 msp![/QUOTE]

Hot damn! Hope the MSP I just ordered from Bing will arrive in time to buy it. Assuming you are able to download it to a US console?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Hot damn! Hope the MSP I just ordered from Bing will arrive in time to buy it. Assuming you are able to download it to a US console?[/QUOTE]
Yes I have a US console. Just got done playing a few rounds of it too. :)

[quote name='JStryke']On the fence on a couple of the games today.

Biggest question is, how is KOF XIII compared to KOF XII?[/QUOTE]I've heard 13 is a MAJOR improvement over 12, which tends to be one of the weaker games according to fans. I got 13 on PS+ and it was pretty fun. It's more technical, but if you can get into it, it'll provide some good entertainment.

[quote name='Zonic505']I've heard 13 is a MAJOR improvement over 12, which tends to be one of the weaker games according to fans. I got 13 on PS+ and it was pretty fun. It's more technical, but if you can get into it, it'll provide some good entertainment.[/QUOTE]

Can't be too hard, XII was so barebones it was ridiculous. But yeah, I hear XIII makes XII look like it was a beta test or something.

[quote name='Tsel']I don't even particularly care for MK vs. DC but for 400 points, I'll throw it into the backlog. Did you read that Barry? I said *GASP* backlog.[/QUOTE]

you... the master of backlogging

[quote name='Barry Burton']you... the master of backlogging[/QUOTE]

Lmao. I was not expecting that response at all. :applause:

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']Can't be too hard, XII was so barebones it was ridiculous. But yeah, I hear XIII makes XII look like it was a beta test or something.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that as well, but didn't know how true it may have been.

On an unrelated note, you and the other person with your Jill sandwich avatars...genius. Didn't think much of them at first, and once it hit me, I just about fell off my bed in laughter.

[quote name='Tsel']Lmao. I was not expecting that response at all. :applause:[/QUOTE]

i'm glad you got it, most here probably won't since they would rather play el shaddai instead of an all time classic

[quote name='Tsel']I don't even particularly care for MK vs. DC but for 400 points, I'll throw it into the backlog. Did you read that Barry? I said *GASP* backlog.[/QUOTE]That was close. You almost became a backlog sandwich!

Already have SFxTK & KoF 13 on PS3. Still trying to decide on MKvsDC. Tempting, but not a MK fan, plus I think I'd rather save my points for the Sega Model 2 fighters that'll be $2 on Tuesday & work on some backlog stuff. & disc copies run around $15-ish, so I'm sure they'll be on sale in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back