XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']Only for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Huh? The DLC for Tomb Raider Legend was Xbox exclusive, unless I am confusing it with Underworld. Pretty sure no complete edition.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Civilization Revolution and El Shaddai today. It worked out really well that Radio Shack (of all places) had a sale on Sandisk Cruzer Glide flash drives. (8GB=$7.99 and 16GB=$12.99). I happened to be near one and went in on the off chance. Always nice to be able to walk in and pick up a product off the rack for a decent price instead of ordering online and playing the waiting game. So I'm very pleased to have not only picked up a new flash drive but also two games for a great price!:D

[quote name='mpaullin']Huh? The DLC for Tomb Raider Legend was Xbox exclusive, unless I am confusing it with Underworld. Pretty sure no complete edition.[/QUOTE]
Ah, you're right. Misread that so my bad.

Most people probably don't care but I noticed today that Civilization Revolution is one of those games with odd achievement numbers. Like a lot of 3 point ones. I don't know how bad CAGs are with that but some achievement hunters get really anal about ending in a 5 or 0

[quote name='Stephan123']Any prices of the hungarian marketplace???, maybe 160 msp for Max Payne 3?[/QUOTE]

MP3 is 600 MSP on the Hungarian marketplace, and 400 MSP on the French marketplace. Both don't require VPN/are region free. Also on Hungarian marketplace L4D2 is 400 MSP and KoF XIII is 160 MSP. Bing Rewards points have never been more useful :)

[quote name='biledriver']Most people probably don't care but I noticed today that Civilization Revolution is one of those games with odd achievement numbers. Like a lot of 3 point ones. I don't know how bad CAGs are with that but some achievement hunters get really anal about ending in a 5 or 0[/QUOTE]
I actually get a kick out of when my gamerscore ends in an odd number but you're right, some players flip out about it so it is good to note.

[quote name='biledriver']Most people probably don't care but I noticed today that Civilization Revolution is one of those games with odd achievement numbers. Like a lot of 3 point ones. I don't know how bad CAGs are with that but some achievement hunters get really anal about ending in a 5 or 0[/QUOTE]
I had a super easy time evening it back out when I played that. Check an achievement guide for tips if need be. Just don't let this be a reason to not play that game.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']MP3 is 600 MSP on the Hungarian marketplace, and 400 MSP on the French marketplace. Both don't require VPN/are region free. Also on Hungarian marketplace L4D2 is 400 MSP and KoF XIII is 160 MSP. Bing Rewards points have never been more useful :)[/QUOTE]
Apparently Max Payne 3 is 160 on the switzerland marketplace but no confirmation on language.

Has anyone tried Civilization on the Hong Kong marketplace?

[quote name='yokuo']I had a super easy time evening it back out when I played that. Check an achievement guide for tips if need be. Just don't let this be a reason to not play that game.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If I got 1000 points then everyone else should be able to. The one achievement I had trouble with was getting all the great people since it's luck based. With persistence though you'll get it.

[quote name='yokuo']I had a super easy time evening it back out when I played that. Check an achievement guide for tips if need be. Just don't let this be a reason to not play that game.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a hunter so I really don't know much about it. But I remember hearing some hostility towards a few games about the odd numbered achievements.

One that comes to mind is Trouble Witches Neo. I think it gave you a one at the end and the 9 you needed was like "Finish the game on super badass without dying" or something.

[quote name='Thrinn']FS is the definitive version. You should be able to get all the achievements in it in an hour or two; you're right, they're extremely easy to complete.[/QUOTE]
It's not really definitive if it's missing most of the single-player content from VF5.
[quote name='chuckie88']Also, nice work on the OP Cornelius. It looks good and is easy to read. I like the solution that was facilitated a few days ago hiding the comparison prices under a spoiler tag. I don't recall who suggested it but it was a good idea.[/QUOTE]
The guy whose OP he likes to slam on occasion. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's not really definitive if it's missing most of the single-player content from VF5.[/QUOTE]Wait a minute... fighters have single-player content? ;)

Off topic but I just finished Zombie Driver HD (on sale like 2 weeks ago) and man is it one of my most hated and annoyed arcades I have ever bought. Just glad its finished and done with. :booty:

[quote name='irafreak']Apparently Max Payne 3 is 160 on the switzerland marketplace but no confirmation on language.

Has anyone tried Civilization on the Hong Kong marketplace?[/QUOTE]

It is the same as the MP3 from hungary and france, so english and spanish are available if anyone still have bing points

Everyone buying from the Hungarian marketplace, are you just using bing points on a Hungarian profile?

Or is there another way to go about that?

Last day of the sale, I can only afford one: Dirt 2 or Grid, which should I buy? I enjoy arcade racers with a casual loose control scheme and decent online options, and both look like it'll do the trick. Thanks CAG.

I checked the past several pages and I couldn't find a similar post, but I'm raising my flame shield in case I offend anyone with a simple question.

[quote name='gunstar808']Everyone buying from the Hungarian marketplace, are you just using bing points on a Hungarian profile?

Or is there another way to go about that?[/QUOTE]

You can add points to a USA account and then migrate the account, your points will be transferred

Grid is the better game.

Anyone recommend the Mortal Kombat game for 5 dollars? It's not a game that appealed to me when it was released, but it's only 5 dollars, so....mind you I will have spend 56 dollars on the sale when I pick up SFIV Arcade.

Hold the phone, Civ Rev is 240msp on the Hong Kong marketplace. Is that the cheapest it's available? I just happen to have 240 left in my HK account. This could be fate.. :D

Also, Max Payne 3 for 160? I'd create an account for it if I thought I'd get my Bing points in time.

[quote name='ooga']Pop quiz:

a) Dirt 2
b) H.A.W.X
c) The Darkness
d) None of the above

Go.....[/QUOTE]

None.

Save your points and buy Jojo's Bizarre Adventure tomorrow!

[quote name='ludwigfrech']You can add points to a USA account and then migrate the account, your points will be transferred[/QUOTE]

Be careful. Someone earlier in this thread said that if you do that you won't be able to migrate back for 3 months. Just create a new profile and use Bing points.

[quote name='nadohawk']Grid is the better game.[/QUOTE]

I read a few reviews that said Dirt 2 is a minor upgrade over Grid. I haven't played either though.

[quote name='Rollobobo']None.

Save your points and buy Jojo's Bizarre Adventure tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Except it clearly sounds like he only has 400 pts.

Which is what JoJo's BA should be on sale for...

a) Dirt 2
b) H.A.W.X
c) The Darkness
d) None of the above

Go.....[/QUOTE]

I've always sucked at flying games, I rarely play racers, and I like comic books. So I would go with c)The Darkness. Then again you might feel differently about everything I just mentioned so take that recommendation with a grain of salt. Three completely separate genres so I'd either go with the genre you like most or the one that is least represented in your collection.

[quote name='Rollobobo']None.

Save your points and buy Jojo's Bizarre Adventure tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Bleh. I'd rather get any of those games over Jojo. I have over 40 Dreamcast games and Jojo is probably my least favorite (yes worse than Slave Zero). Worst fighter I've ever played hands down. But that's just my opinion.

[quote name='ooga']Bleh. I'd rather get any of those games over Jojo. I have over 40 Dreamcast games and Jojo is probably my least favorite (yes worse than Slave Zero). Worst fighter I've ever played hands down. But that's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Not just your opinion. It's not a very good game.

I have no idea how they sell it for 1600. i wouldn't even consider it for anyone unless it was 400.

[quote name='ooga']Be careful. Someone earlier in this thread said that if you do that you won't be able to migrate back for 3 months. Just create a new profile and use Bing points.

I read a few reviews that said Dirt 2 is a minor upgrade over Grid. I haven't played either though.[/QUOTE]

He is 100% right, sorry that I didn't mentioned it (thougth it was inferred) you need to create an other account and just add the points that you plan to spend because you can't migrate back in 3 months, but ofcourse, you can play the games on your USA account

my haul:

Civ Rev
Orange Box
El Shaddai (though I am feeling buyer's remorse because I still dont like the way the demo played)

May bite on:

Fallout 3 (if I can find a used GOTY around here)

If anybody wants to add me for Civ Rev or Orange Box, my GT is Cydoniac

a) Dirt 2
b) H.A.W.X
c) The Darkness
d) None of the above

Go.....[/QUOTE]
That selection is like comparing apples to pineapples to cherries.

I renewed my XBL Gold and downloaded Raam's Shadow. I noticed L4D2 was still available so I went ahead and bought it. I'm too curious to see how different it was from the first game that I caved in.

So my final haul was Halo 3, Halo Reach, Fallout 3, Orange Box, and L4D2. I think I'll be good for a while.

[quote name='Gore']Is there a "complete edition" of Tomb Raider Legend for console?

$20 for the dlc.[/QUOTE]

The DLC is just Tomb Raider: Anniversary divided up into episode packs.

[quote name='bardockkun']That selection is like comparing apples to pineapples to cherries.[/QUOTE]

I hate cherries and am allergic to pineapples. So which is the apple? ;)

I have the Darkness 2, so if the first one adds to the experience it may be worth picking. I've been looking for a game in the vein of Crimson Skies, if HAWX is as arcady (ie not a sim) I'll pick it up. Dirt 2 is ....ummmm not sure why I am interested in it to tell you the truth.

[quote name='ooga']I hate cherries and am allergic to pineapples. Show which is the apple? ;)

I have the Darkness 2, so if the first one adds to the experience it may be worth picking. I've been looking for a game in the vein of Crimson Skies, if HAWX is as arcady (ie not a sim) I'll pick it up. Dirt 2 is ....ummmm not sure why I am interested in it to tell you the truth.[/QUOTE]
The Darkness 2 is much more enjoyable if you played the first game since the characters are well written and basically goes off that. I Played it over a year ago and it still held up well so I can back up the claim in saying the first Darkness is still fantastic so that's my personal apple.

In all honesty, the closest thing you'll find to a Crimson Skies this console generation is Snoopy Flying Ace, which despite the license is a very good arcadey flight shooter.

[quote name='bardockkun']
In all honesty, the closest thing you'll find to a Crimson Skies this console generation is Snoopy Flying Ace, which despite the license is a very good arcadey flight shooter.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Snoopy Flying Ace is Crimson Skies with a Peanuts paint job. Great gameplay. I need to play it more.

[quote name='sicsonic']Not just your opinion. It's not a very good game.

I have no idea how they sell it for 1600. i wouldn't even consider it for anyone unless it was 400.[/QUOTE]

Ooouch. Really?!? I mean, I guess there are quite a bit better fighters out there...now you got me thinking I shouldn't spend the microsoft points on it.

Since some were speaking about achievement difficulty earlier, the two Mortal Kombat games (Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe) have crazy achievements at least coming from a casual fighting fan. For MK vs DCU the difficult achievements are completing each of the characters' kombo challenges and getting 25 ranked wins in a row. MK has even more difficult achievements with lots more online focused ones plus the game has more content/modes. When I looked at the cheevo guide it says you have to play with each character (27) for 24 hours which is 648 (!!!). With that being said, I already own MK on disc + season pass (for this reason people would be better investing in the $20 Komplete version on disc) and really enjoy the game and am about to buy MK vs DCU since I've been wanting to mop up some achievements from when I rented the game like 4 years ago. I can't speak for any other fighting games since MK is probably my favorite fighting series so I don't really dip into others aside from old school SF.

I'm debating on grabbing some of the $5 games like DiRT 2, Kane & Lynch and possibly Dark Messiah. I already own most of the others on disc.

I have left 4 dead 2 on steam (with all the free dlc ;) ) however 800 points is really good value considering it appears to be 45 used on GameStop. Worth the double dip for future play??

[quote name='Stry-ker']I have left 4 dead 2 on steam (with all the free dlc ;) ) however 800 points is really good value considering it appears to be 45 used on GameStop. Worth the double dip for future play??[/QUOTE]

It's worth it if you're going to be playing it over XBL instead of or in addition to playing it on Steam. The game is great when playing with friends but as others have mentioned, not as good solo. Personally, I haven't renewed my Gold subscription since ESPN jacked up their service on 360 so any title that relies that much on XBL multiplayer is a no go for me now. That's not to say I didn't love it when I was playing it with friends back in the day however. I guess I'm saying that its worth to you should be directly related to your confidence that you will play online with others.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Dang! Civ Rev must be region locked. I can't buy it without doing a VPN and I've never had any luck getting one to work. Oh well..[/QUOTE]
Rats. I could've saved you the trouble. Use this link http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=5614459&posted=1#post5614459 to check on the current region free stuff that's on sale now. Page 4 should be the link and it shows the details on what works and doesn't. Someone already tried civ. I went ahead and paid the 800 for it because I was upset I passed at 1200 last sale. But I did get two really good deals and debating a third from the hungarian marketplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back