XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']New promo for Live Rewards "Play to Earn"

http://majornelson.com/2013/03/28/play-to-earn-from-xbox-live-rewards/

Play To Earn from Xbox LIVE Rewards

Starting Monday, April 1, we’re launching an exclusive feature for Xbox LIVE Rewards Members, MyPunchcard, an exciting new way to get rewarded for doing what you love!$ And this April, all the action is in arcade games with our exclusive Play To Earn offers, your passion for playing arcade games can pay off in a big way.

Only the most devoted Arcade fans have what it takes to black out all three Arcade Punchcards. Those who do will be guaranteed a spot in an upcoming VIP Exclusives. By simply playing your favorite arcade games and adding to your game collection, you can earn rewards in April.

Here’s the three ways you can earn rewards all month long.

1. Play 20 hours of any combination of arcade games, receive a free avatar item
2. Purchase any four arcade games for 400 Microsoft Points or more from Xbox LIVE, receive a one month Xbox LIVE Gold membership
3. Spend 3200 Microsoft Points on arcade games, receive 800 Microsoft Points in return.

It’s easy and fun, you can earn for playing and or buying ANY arcade game from Xbox LIVE.
So, play the games you already know and love like Minecraft, Terraria, Trials Evolution, Counterstrike: GO, Castle Crashers, The Walking Dead, LIMBO and more and discover new games to try and buy from Xbox LIVE.

Here’s a list of games launching in April.

BattleBlock Theater
Double Dragon II
Motocross Madness
Sacred Citadel
God Mode
Monaco
You’ll need to be an Xbox LIVE Rewards member to sign up and learn more on Xbox.com[/QUOTE]

20 hours for an avatar item? I don't think anyone would actually shoot for that goal, some people will just end up getting it if they play a lot of XBLA games this month.

The spend 3200 MSP, get 800 back promo isn't too bad though. Pretty similar to PSN's spend $50, get $10 back which has been pretty popular. That being said, I don't think there's any way I could spend 3200 MSP on arcade games in a single month. I don't think I've spent 3200 MSP on arcade games in all of 2013 yet...

EDIT: Just looked it up, I haven't spent that much, but pretty close. 3120 MSP on arcade games since January 1.

Yeah if you were waiting on price drops for minecraft or thinking about Terraria this is not bad. It is essentially buy $40 get $10 but more restrictive than the Sony deal.

It also mentions if you manage to do all 3 (guess you could combine buying 4 $5+ XBLA games and spending $40/3200 MSP), you "will be guaranteed a spot in an upcoming VIP Exclusives". Well, this MIGHT convince me to get Double Dragon 2 now since I can combine that with Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds. Just hope for some decent deals.

[quote name='Cornelius']Why? All the DLC has been on sale before, and the "Rockstar Pass" contains ALL the DLC, including the suits/missions left out of the Spring Sale.[/QUOTE]
I was being sarcastic like the others I was referring to in my previous post.....cause the LA Noire dlc going on sale yet again is turning into the new Borderlands/Bioshock 2/Risk Factions thing. I predict the LA Noire dlc will be on sale again in less than a few months

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Phantom Breaker looks sweet. I hope it's not one of those games that never goes on sale![/QUOTE]Played the demo and it was quite fun. It's like Scott Pilgrim, but there's much more variety with the moves and leveling up. Wonder if add-ons for arcade games will count as well since I was going to get both the game & the DLC character (Kurisu from Steins;Gate) at the same time.

Speaking of which, I'm hoping I'll get a response in checking to see if add-ons will count towards the offer(s).

Seems to have died down now, but thanks to all for the warm regards on the free game promo. Again, credit goes to the folks over at the thread in the free section, I was just surprised to see no mention of it here.

Chiming in on the "the promo doesn't belong in this thread" talk: While that is technically true, the threads in the "Free" section that this promo "belongs" in is 95% junk and rarely worth keeping an eye on. Anytime you can get a full XBLA title free in a matter of minutes with no strings attached, I think that is worth discussing here. This is cheap ass gamer, after all.

[quote name='mpaullin']Seems to have died down now, but thanks to all for the warm regards on the free game promo. Again, credit goes to the folks over at the thread in the free section, I was just surprised to see no mention of it here.

Chiming in on the "the promo doesn't belong in this thread" talk: While that is technically true, the threads in the "Free" section that this promo "belongs" in is 95% junk and rarely worth keeping an eye on. Anytime you can get a full XBLA title free in a matter of minutes with no strings attached, I think that is worth discussing here. This is cheap ass gamer, after all.[/QUOTE]

I didn't hop on this because it didn't interest me, but I agree. :applause:

Ya know, I think this would be a good time to get those games that haven't been on sale yet or haven't in quite some time. I know Triggerheart Exelica has pretty much NEVER been on sale, so I think I'll finally give in & get that. If I decide on getting Double Dragon 2 (wish that was a 800 MSP game), that'll be 3 games, $35.

Phantom Breaker plays like a Japanese niche fighter realigned to a beat em up. That's exactly what it is. Large layers of bizarre interlocking mechanics with different meters and lots of combo dialing. It's not great, GH does the brawler fighter hybrid better but GH was never a fighter. PB is based off a fighter.

Really excited for Double Dragon 2. More than I probably should be.

Wow. Microsoft doing a cashback promotion that gives back a decent amount of points is a surprise.

The usual Summer of Arcade-style promotion have always been bad because it requires you to buy three to five specific games that most aren't all interested in for some other game that they may not want or a small amount of points that doesn't make sense. I've skipped those more often than not because the money investment didn't make sense to me.

[quote name='mpaullin']Seems to have died down now, but thanks to all for the warm regards on the free game promo. Again, credit goes to the folks over at the thread in the free section, I was just surprised to see no mention of it here.

Chiming in on the "the promo doesn't belong in this thread" talk: While that is technically true, the threads in the "Free" section that this promo "belongs" in is 95% junk and rarely worth keeping an eye on. Anytime you can get a full XBLA title free in a matter of minutes with no strings attached, I think that is worth discussing here. This is cheap ass gamer, after all.[/QUOTE]
I don't see any posts where people are saying it can't be talked about here. They're just saying it doesn't belong in the OP.

The RE: ORC Echo Six packs are finally the right price. Grabbed both. I enjoyed the free mission and was waiting for a price drop like this.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
I don't see any posts where people are saying it can't be talked about here. They're just saying it doesn't belong in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Well why not? The point is moot now because I think people are reporting the promotion is not working anymore, but is anyone really going to complain that the OP is "cluttered" by information about a free game? Even if its just a link to another post?

[quote name='Dustinator']I was being sarcastic like the others I was referring to in my previous post.....cause the LA Noire dlc going on sale yet again is turning into the new Borderlands/Bioshock 2/Risk Factions thing. I predict the LA Noire dlc will be on sale again in less than a few months[/QUOTE]

I ended up buying Risk Factions at full price after waiting more than six months with the demo installed for it to go on sale...

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']To add a little about the current discussion of the 2 free promo games...I just can't believe you guys call yourself CAGs when you don't even look in the contest & freebie section from time to time oO" seriously I was astonished how many of you (even well known names) didn't know anything about it even if this topic has beenon fire for some days (and the promotion itself is even going on longer hum...

just to inform you you have missed out on lara croft guardian of the light codes too =O

I just want to wake up some people in here... if you're looking for deals please also consider looking for freebies in the very same forum...just a few clicks away...[/QUOTE]

Even though I never see anything when I do. I will look in from time to time.

[quote name='mpaullin']Well why not? The point is moot now because I think people are reporting the promotion is not working anymore, but is anyone really going to complain that the OP is "cluttered" by information about a free game? Even if its just a link to another post?[/QUOTE]
My personal philosophy on this sort of thing is that if it doesn't belong in this forum as its own thread, then it doesn't belong in the OP. The mods got rid of the one thread that was made in this forum about it, so that's all I'd need to see. Since it's not my thread, I did say that if it was going to be added, that a link to the thread was the most I'd suggest doing so that it doesn't take up a ton of space with the long explanation that is in that thread.

It's perfectly fine to discuss it here at the end of the thread all you want.

Yeah you guys need to keep an eye on contest and free stuff section on CAG. Got lots of free arcade games there.

The April rewards look good, sadly I spent all my points thanks to recent sales. Still waiting on the April 1st sales... 3 days to go and no news?

I am glad the OP is so well maintained with information. I hope no one this week falls onto a sale landmine, such as the Optimus Prime for Fall of Cybertron and Max Payne 3 offerings. Alongside the potentially confusing Street Fighter 4 DLC.

[quote name='ExtremeGamer']I thought there were four total packs to have all the skins. The Street Fighter IV pack, the Super Street Fighter IV pack, the Ultra Pack, and the Arcade Challengers. All this DLC has my head spinning.[/QUOTE]

Yep, this is exactly what is necessary to have all costumes on the most current Street Fighter 4 edition (vanilla complete, super complete, ultra complete, and arcade challengers). Thanks to the sales this week, I purchased 3 of the 4 packs at a discount. The remaining pack, which is actually regular (vanilla) Street Fighter 4 DLC, the Complete Alternate Costume pack, is not on sale and I still hold out on a discount for it. I really do want to see Cammy White in a winter coat and FMBs when I play ^^.

[quote name='cancerman1120']http://majornelson.com/2013/03/28/play-to-earn-from-xbox-live-rewards/

[...]in April.

Here’s the three ways you can earn rewards all month long.

1. Play 20 hours of any combination of arcade games, receive a free avatar item
2. Purchase any four arcade games for 400 Microsoft Points or more from Xbox LIVE, receive a one month Xbox LIVE Gold membership
3. Spend 3200 Microsoft Points on arcade games, receive 800 Microsoft Points in return.[/QUOTE]

They just declared April as my XBLA backlog month. I should be hitting those online-only titles like Happy Wars, Battlefield 1943, Monday Night Combat, and Counter Strike: Global Offensive to try get my 20 hours in. If you see me, don't be shy and give me a "hello" ^^.

I know April will start off with at least Retro City Rampage on discount for 600MSP. That means I'll have to find 2600MSP more in XBLA discounts throughout April to hit the other tiers of rewards. I really do hope XBLA DLC also applies to the offers, because games like Pinball FX2, Capcom Arcade Cabinet, or Crimson Alliance relies upon DLC. If the XBLA DLC does apply, I'd probably take the opportunity to make those purchases since those don't often see discounts. At least I have NeoGeo Battle Colosseum and Garou: Mark of the Wolves in my back pocket in case there aren't enough discounts on XBLA by the end of April (and a side bonus to the rest of CAG, those will likely go on sale if I buy them at full price afterwards -_-).

[quote name='Junpei']There you are! :cool:
I'm expecting sales tied to past Summer of Arcade titles, so plenty of repeats such as Castle Crashers, 'Splosion Man, LIMBO, Shadow Complex, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, etc... although it'd be nice to see something like the first Dishwasher and Diabolical Pitch on sale too :)[/QUOTE]

That list just makes me really hope the upcoming "Microsoft Studios Sale" involves Death Tank, Sine Mora, and Lode Runner; I passed on all of them when they were last on (insufficiently) discount, but I know those titles will be highly unlikely part of the upcoming sale. More importantly, I hope XBLA DLC for Pinball FX, Pinball FX2, Hydro Thunder: Hurricane, and Mark of the Ninja gets the discount treatment within that sale, all to coincide with the aforementioned April Rewards offer. If the "Microsoft Studios Sale" extends to the retail releases for Games on Demand, Lost Odyssey would shake me down for money. Your link reminds me the lost potential of Game Room (Konami games ^^) and 1 vs. 100 (curse you "Low Rider" achievement you were harder than you seemed, and I will never get you now).

[quote name='irafreak']Thoughts on Ducktales...I would be surprised if it included either original. Have we seen a nintendo game on xbox or any other non nintendo platform? Yeah contra for example but that was the arcade version. It seems nintendo owns the rights to any of their titles and Ducktales 1 and 2 were nintendo exclusive (nes and gb).[/QUOTE]

I don't think Nintendo owns the rights to third party IPs, but I think you are correct in your assessment that there has not been any emulation of any NES hardware on the 360. The closest are Megaman 9, Megaman 10, and Retro City Rampage which are almost "to-spec" of the NES/Famicom hardware. The storage space capacity is way larger, and they don't exhibit the flicker and slowdown (equivalent to our modern day texture pop-in and frame-rate drops) for those three titles, but I would love to see the original NES/Famicom Ducktales and Ducktales 2 included as some unlockable/bonus in the upcoming XBLA title, it would at least justify the 1200MSP price for me to buy at release (as it stands, I'm torn and may wait out on a discount despite nostalgia).

[quote name='yokuo']Does anyone know of a Microsoft Point sale (preferably at a lower cost than the Coinstar promo)?[/QUOTE]

Not exactly the discount I'd want, but if you're desperate for discount Microsoft Points, best I can find right now is the 3-pack of 800MSP at $27 from Best Buy this week. Buying 2400MSP at $27 is still above the rate CAGs has been spoiled with (typically around 100MSP for $1, to the incredible 160MSP for $1). Of course there's always the slow and steady Bing searches (I still only have 1 account, by choice not circumstance, but hearing others here having multiple tugs at me a bit, but I will be fair) which in same way I guess is how you get repaid from seeing ads on your dashboard. There's also the questionable seller of Microsoft Points in Cornelius' signature, again if you're desperate for some minor discount. The thread for discount points/subscriptions is worth it to check often, especially with all the sales/offers on Live lately encouraging purchases.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']To add a little about the current discussion of the 2 free promo games...I just can't believe you guys call yourself CAGs when you don't even look in the contest & freebie section from time to time oO" seriously I was astonished how many of you (even well known names) didn't know anything about it even if this topic has beenon fire for some days (and the promotion itself is even going on longer hum...

just to inform you you have missed out on lara croft guardian of the light codes too =O

I just want to wake up some people in here... if you're looking for deals please also consider looking for freebies in the very same forum...just a few clicks away...[/QUOTE]

I frequent that area as well. Sadly my lack of headbook and twatter typically restricts me from some offers. I don't always check every minute, so it always seems like a code drop gets lurked away from me, so I never post there because I never get a chance to give thanks. But yeah, I second the motion for all to explore the reaches of CAG, wallets can be happier ... and don't lurk.

[quote name='Cornelius']BTW, sadly removing the "Sales & Specials+" app from the OP ... it's been a good run, but now I need to go out back & shoot it. ... all done.[/QUOTE]

Why remove the entry? Since one can still purchase the XBLA Bionic Commando games for a discount from the regular price on the dashboard by using the defunct app, I think it is worth keeping a quick mention in the OP. Also, there's still a chance I can try to get the avatar action as the prize for scratch and match; although it does appear my luck is that poor, I can't even get it on this "overtime." Until they really shut it down as they did with the Destination Arcade app.

Sorry for the mid-week long posting.

$10 back on $40 worth of XBLA games is pretty good, but I don't know if it'll make spring to buy that amount of XBLA games next month. It's not quite good enough to make me buy XBLA games I wasn't thinking about.

But there are four more weeks of DotW in April. The fourth week starts on April 30, so for one day it will qualify for this promotion. Also, the way the weeks work out, Major Nelson will most likely announce the April 30 DotW along with the April 23 DotW on April 23.

If I buy an XBLA game or two from the April DotWs then I'll probably buy a couple more to reach $40.

For that April rewards promo I'm definitely participating. I was already planning on buying BattleBlock Theater for 1200 MSP + Retro City Rampage for 600 MSP next week. And I was interested in Terraria and Monaco so if the trials are good enough then I'll buy them both and that will easily place me over the 3200 MSP threshold + buying (4) 400+ MSP games. If I don't like one of them I can think of others that I want or hoping there will be a game I want on the one day April 1 sale. It's a shame DR: Case West isn't 400 MSP to qualify for the buy 4, but I'm picking it up anyways and it'll count towards the spend 3200 MSP when I buy it 4/1. And between all of those and my other XBLA titles I'll easy play more than 20 hours. :)

1) I gotta hand it to GameFly for syncing the sale of Transformers: FoC & Max Payne 3 with the sale on its DLC, ended up buying both (despite the lack of feedback on MP3 having a Complete Edition).
2) I really like this new promotion, and as others have said, DotW purchases count and you have all month. Next week alone has some good XBLA games on sale for over 400 MSP (Retro City Rampage, for example) and with the Microsoft Gaming Studios sale the next week, I'm sure there'll be more. And 3200 MSP isn't too much of a stretch, I just wish it included DLC.

I don't give too much attention to the xbox rewards. I haven't been getting my 1% purchases back lately so why go out of my way for a reward I may or may not get?

[quote name='irafreak']I don't give too much attention to the xbox rewards. I haven't been getting my 1% purchases back lately so why go out of my way for a reward I may or may not get?[/QUOTE]
Whenever you ask a question I almost always want to respond with "Because urafreak?"

[quote name='irafreak']I don't give too much attention to the xbox rewards. I haven't been getting my 1% purchases back lately so why go out of my way for a reward I may or may not get?[/QUOTE]

They only get added to your account once you've accumulated 100 points

Got an email about an upcoming Twisted Pixel XBLA bundle in the near future:
Today we are announcing that we have been working on creating, for the first time ever, a bundle of all our Twisted Pixel Xbox LIVE Arcade titles in one convenient package at a discounted price! Specific release date and pricing to be specified soon. The bundle will contain The Maw, Splosion Man, Comic Jumper, and Ms. Splosion Man together. We're very excited to finally be able to offer a collection of our games! We will follow up with more information as we get closer to release.

[quote name='Stepith Bloodia']I wonder what the 4/1 games will be?[/QUOTE]

It was my understanding that Lego Pirates of the Caribbean GonD was going to be discounted. Hopefully the other Lego games get a discount as well. Still regretting not picking a couple up for cheap from the last sale they had.

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']They only get added to your account once you've accumulated 100 points[/QUOTE]
It doesn't even show up as pending...

[quote name='MXRider']does anyone know if the forza rally dlc has been on sale? I'm hoping on 4/2. [/QUOTE]

It better not! Just kidding, I'm trying to sell it right now since I beaten it to death. My luck couldn't be that bad, could it?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Got an email about an upcoming Twisted Pixel XBLA bundle in the near future:[/QUOTE]

Here's hoping that bundle will make Comic Jumper drop in price from $15, it's the only one of those games I don't have.

[quote name='$hady']Finally getting around to playing the last 2 Walking Dead episodes bought them the last time they were cheap. If you don't have them all buy them now or I will eat your face.

Free games mentioned are Toy Soldiers and The Maw, I didn't see it till last night and on a different site even! ;)

Edit: free by redeeming the supplied Doritos codes not on XBL.[/QUOTE]

I'm totally quoting "I will eat your face" if that's okay with you. Oh and I agree, The Walking Dead is a no brainer. Get it?

I'm still very grateful you posting it on here because I rarely visit the free stuff.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Here's hoping that bundle will make Comic Jumper drop in price from $15, it's the only one of those games I don't have.[/QUOTE]

I love Twisted Pixel. Have all their games - which is strange as I didn't go out of my way to do that just sorta happened. Comic Jumper is the worst of the bunch by far. The story is kinda fun and I actually liked the dialogue, the look, the style of the graphics, the references to comics and to Twisted Pixel in general and the changes that happen back at the homebase. But the actual gameplay is lacking, frustrating and just silly. It's a real missed opportunity to actually do something fun with the notion of comic jumping. All the levels wind up just being the same just with a different coat of paint. The shooting sucks. It's nearly impossible not to die constantly as the game makes it impossibly hard to block or escape enemies and their firings. And then to top it all off it constantly berates you for sucking at the game when the mechanics of the game are impossible to master. There's no depth to the shooting either. It's just aim and fire and hope you kill the enemy before they kill you, try to get to the next checkpoint before you die and then die so you can get some more life. It's lazy and repetitive. And a couple of the achievements are impossible or just ridiculous in the sense that the best way to get one is to put a rubber band over the right trigger button and leave the game running for 2 hours. Plus it takes forever to buy each individual collectible item in the in-game store. You wind up with all this money to buy the ability to look at development art, different costumes, comic covers, or listen to audio clips and seriously I spent an hour just buying stuff from the store so I could get a stupid achievement (yes I had a problem but have since stopped being an achievement hoarder).

Sigh. Seriously. Skip this and just buy a Gunstringer code online for like $8 if you have a Kinect. It contains the best parts of Comic Jumper (the 3D running and shooting bits) but actually makes it fun. I bought Comic Jumper for 400pts I think and I think that was too much. 200pts is as high as I would pay for something like this as it's just frustrating and not fun whatsoever. And I love comics and Twisted Pixel. But this game is weak sauce IMHO.

And yes The Walking Dead is a must buy. 800pts for all 5 episodes is probably the best video game bargain I've ever gotten for the amount of sheer enjoyment and pleasure I've recieved from the series. I've only just completed Episode 2 and wow, it's amazing. Had a few weird glitches like
Kenny being upset with me in Episode 2 for not siding with Ducky during the whole Pharmacy thing in Episode 1 (I totally sided with Ducky there so what gives Kenny, I should punch you in the back of the head for giving me crap and should have let Ducky get it on the tractor earlier on - next playthrough I will).

I loved Comic Jumper's dialogue even if it was all sort of nerdy sardonic humor. It was a genuinely funny game and the jokes hit more than they missed which is more than you can find in any ten funny games you can pick out of your backlog.

Problem is, yes, the gameplay is terrible. It's just not fun at all; it's frustrating, boring, slow, and just is too much of a mess for the quasi-Mega Man/Gunstar Heroes pap they kinda shoot for and miss by a huge margin

[quote name='RollingSkull']I loved Comic Jumper's dialogue even if it was all sort of nerdy sardonic humor. It was a genuinely funny game and the jokes hit more than they missed which is more than you can find in any ten funny games you can pick out of your backlog.

Problem is, yes, the gameplay is terrible. It's just not fun at all; it's frustrating, boring, slow, and just is too much of a mess for the quasi-Mega Man/Gunstar Heroes pap they kinda shoot for and miss by a huge margin[/QUOTE]
Manga world is so stupidly insane that you have to love it.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I loved Comic Jumper's dialogue even if it was all sort of nerdy sardonic humor. It was a genuinely funny game and the jokes hit more than they missed which is more than you can find in any ten funny games you can pick out of your backlog.

Problem is, yes, the gameplay is terrible. It's just not fun at all; it's frustrating, boring, slow, and just is too much of a mess for the quasi-Mega Man/Gunstar Heroes pap they kinda shoot for and miss by a huge margin[/QUOTE]

Yeah. In thinking about it I sort of enjoyed the brawling bits that pop up usually at the head of an episode. I wish there'd been more of that and less shooting. It probably would have worked better as a side scrawling brawler for me with ridiculousness abound in terms of punching people into the background and whatnot. And instead of stupid upgrades like your firing power damage going up about .5% here and there, some upgrades like cooler brawling moves. Captain Smiley seems more of a hands-on superhero than one who shoots first asks questions later too so the shooting everything that moves just didn't fit in for me.

And my final beef with the game is that it's 2GB or so. Way too chunky for what it is. Chunky enough to eat with a fork.

I guess we found Crono-00's alt account. I don't know why, but I guess he can't contain all of that text in one account and needs a second to spread it out.

[quote name='skonson']I love Twisted Pixel. Have all their games - which is strange as I didn't go out of my way to do that just sorta happened. Comic Jumper is the worst of the bunch by far. The story is kinda fun and I actually liked the dialogue, the look, the style of the graphics, the references to comics and to Twisted Pixel in general and the changes that happen back at the homebase. But the actual gameplay is lacking, frustrating and just silly. It's a real missed opportunity to actually do something fun with the notion of comic jumping. All the levels wind up just being the same just with a different coat of paint. The shooting sucks. It's nearly impossible not to die constantly as the game makes it impossibly hard to block or escape enemies and their firings. And then to top it all off it constantly berates you for sucking at the game when the mechanics of the game are impossible to master. There's no depth to the shooting either. It's just aim and fire and hope you kill the enemy before they kill you, try to get to the next checkpoint before you die and then die so you can get some more life. It's lazy and repetitive. And a couple of the achievements are impossible or just ridiculous in the sense that the best way to get one is to put a rubber band over the right trigger button and leave the game running for 2 hours. Plus it takes forever to buy each individual collectible item in the in-game store. You wind up with all this money to buy the ability to look at development art, different costumes, comic covers, or listen to audio clips and seriously I spent an hour just buying stuff from the store so I could get a stupid achievement (yes I had a problem but have since stopped being an achievement hoarder).

Sigh. Seriously. Skip this and just buy a Gunstringer code online for like $8 if you have a Kinect. It contains the best parts of Comic Jumper (the 3D running and shooting bits) but actually makes it fun. I bought Comic Jumper for 400pts I think and I think that was too much. 200pts is as high as I would pay for something like this as it's just frustrating and not fun whatsoever. And I love comics and Twisted Pixel. But this game is weak sauce IMHO.

And yes The Walking Dead is a must buy. 800pts for all 5 episodes is probably the best video game bargain I've ever gotten for the amount of sheer enjoyment and pleasure I've recieved from the series. I've only just completed Episode 2 and wow, it's amazing. Had a few weird glitches like
Kenny being upset with me in Episode 2 for not siding with Ducky during the whole Pharmacy thing in Episode 1 (I totally sided with Ducky there so what gives Kenny, I should punch you in the back of the head for giving me crap and should have let Ducky get it on the tractor earlier on - next playthrough I will).
[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed Comic Jumper quite a bit. It was funny as hell, and even though the gameplay wasn't grippingly addictive or revolutionary, I still had fun with it the whole way through. I think it's quite a bit better than The Maw, not quite as good as either Splosion Man game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I guess we found Crono-00's alt account. I don't know why, but I guess he can't contain all of that text in one account and needs a second to spread it out.[/QUOTE]

Reminded me of him too. :)

I thought Comic Jump was great. It was definitely repetitive, but that's really the only problem I had with it. It's got great style, it's funny, it's fun to play, and it's one of the few games for which I got all the achievement points. I don't get the comments about the difficulty. As long as you upgrade your stats, the game isn't that hard (especially compared to something like Ms. Splosion Man) and it's easy to make a lot of money quickly through the comic challenges.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I guess we found Crono-00's alt account. I don't know why, but I guess he can't contain all of that text in one account and needs a second to spread it out.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='sickman']Reminded me of him too. :)[/QUOTE]

I hereby call for a brawl of text! A type to the finish!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmRAiUPdRjk

In all seriousness though, I really don't mind the longer posts. ;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']anyone have an opinion on if Heathfire is worth it? I've still got a ton of Skyrim left, but it's pretty cheap[/QUOTE]

I had fun with it for a few hours. It's kind of nice to take a break away from the questing and just focus on building your house and (optional) family. I thought it was a good deal at 200 points. The load times exiting the house are a bit annoying.

[quote name='Twista48']someone pls talk me out of getting WFC[/QUOTE]

+1 :p Because i find it more appealing than the newer FOC. It has coop campaign while FOC hasnt, and its 3 times cheaper.

Also thought Comic Jumper was a very funny game. The script/dialogues are amazing :D, and the achievements were easy enough
the one where you must finish a full section without being harmed, is not a whole chapter, just the drill boss, very easy, did it on my second try

Have to say that the shooting and platforming are kinda stiff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back