XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']Are any of the following games published by MS? If someone could look them up real quick or know off the top of their head, I'd appreciate it:

Guardian Heroes - Publisher(s) Sega
Renegade Ops - Publisher(s) Sega
Sega Bass Fishing - Publisher(s) Sega of America
Wreckateer - Publisher(s) Microsoft Studios

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

there you go

EDIT: beat to the punch

[quote name='Kegley']
I considered it, but I don't have any one to play it with, like most people here! lol let's start a newbie CC club. ;)[/QUOTE]

this. I think I might just get Dust instead, though I'll probably try demos of the two brawlers to see if they're any fun single player

[quote name='Zonic505']GH = Sega
Renegade Ops = Sega
Sega Bass Fishing = Sega (SHOCKER, RIGHT?!)
Wreckateer = Microsoft[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Obviously I knew Bass Fishing was Sega, but I'm not sure how I didn't know those other 2 were. I've played them both quite a bit. I'm dumb. Anyway, thanks!

I think enjoying Guardian Heroes today requires either some nostalgia or at least a real appreciation of this genre. I am 35 and grew up playing many old-school games but was never a big Double Dragon/TMNT/brawler fan, and never played Guardian Heroes growing up. I downloaded it on XBLA a few months ago when it was on sale and was genuinely bored. I am not saying it is a bad game, but if you are like me and have neither the nostalgia for this particular game nor a real interest in this genre, I don't think this game will bring you in.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I think most the price drops are done at this point. I'm gonna work on the OP for a bit.[/QUOTE]
About an hour ago, major Nelson tweeted that he would post the list "when all the drops were done later in the day." Maybe there will be more and its just taking a while to enact them all. Or maybe I'm clinging to hope for a Forza sale...

Since you said you're in the OP, tyler, note that while Wreckateer is from Microsoft, it was announced as the Kinect Central sale for the week, so not technically part of the Microsoft Studios sale group.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']hmm, been waiting to pick up Castle Crashers. I might not be able to find anyone to play with, so any thoughts on it as a single player game? I loved Alien Hominid:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
It's a fun single-player game, especially finding new weapons and pets to compliment your abilities. The blue guy is a good starter character because his ice attacks are good for crowd control.

K everything is in the OP, though it hasn't been sorted all that great. My guess is that a few of the GoD markdowns on Halo, Gears, and Forza are probably related to the MS sale, while some of the other GoD markedowns are permanent price drops. Major Nelson tweeted that he'd publish the full list of the MS Studios sale later, so we can edit that accordingly.

The Sega discounts are also unknown whether they're temporary or permanent.

So for Dust... definitely worth it for 600 points? I seem to remember an equal number of people loving it and thinking it was just okay on here.

[quote name='jdawgg76']About an hour ago, major Nelson tweeted that he would post the list "when all the drops were done later in the day." Maybe there will be more and its just taking a while to enact them all. Or maybe I'm clinging to hope for a Forza sale...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I saw that. When he posts it we'll be able to refine the OP. My guess is all the price dropping is done for now, but we shall see.

[quote name='Bloomy']Since you said you're in the OP, tyler, note that while Wreckateer is from Microsoft, it was announced as the Kinect Central sale for the week, so not technically part of the Microsoft Studios sale group.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bloomy, I noticed that as I was wrapping up my editing in the OP. It is properly listed under the Kinect Central deals and not with the MS deals. What through me off is that some workout DLC randomly dropped in price as well, so I just figured that was the Kinect deal of the week.

[quote name='mpaullin']So for Dust... definitely worth it for 600 points? I seem to remember an equal number of people loving it and thinking it was just okay on here.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're remembering correctly. I can only recall one person who said they really didn't like it here. For the most part I think the rest of us enjoyed it. I know I did, it's an easy recommendation for 600.

You guys recommend Mercury Hg? I'm on the fence with it.

[quote name='mpaullin']So for Dust... definitely worth it for 600 points? I seem to remember an equal number of people loving it and thinking it was just okay on here.[/QUOTE]
Dust is a great game and it's worth that price and more (I could have paid easily for it 800, but 1200... well, I don't like that price tag).

[quote name='Crono-00']Yeah, even in the app, the Grand Theft Auto 4 offers are actually regular price. At least those still interested in the XBLA Bionic Commando games could be had at the discount prices, and they seem like they do count for the MyPunchcard objectives (but no guarantee, I'm not sure they continue to count purchases through the app). I am still trying to get the avatar action prize, and we all know my poor luck still does not allow me to get it. I still feel mentioning the two XBLA games through app should get a mention in the OP, because they still are discounts, until the app really gets shut down and no one can purchase them at the discount through those means.[/QUOTE]

I bought the first Bionic Commando yesterday, so I'll post whether I get a 400+ game punch in the following three to five days. I'm guessing it'll count. When I bought Spelunky through the app it counted towards MyAchievements, so it seems purchases through the app count towards their rewards.

To think I thought I would have a problem finding enough games to reach 3200 MSP. I'm getting Mark of the Ninja and Retro Ctiy Rampage, so if Bionic Commando works that's already 1600. I now basically have a buy one get one free deal for Garou: Mark of the Wolves and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
I don't think you're remembering correctly. I can only recall one person who said they really didn't like it here. For the most part I think the rest of us enjoyed it. I know I did, it's an easy recommendation for 600.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right. I think I'm remembering the reviews (on the sites I follow anyway) being pretty varied.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't think you're remembering correctly. I can only recall one person who said they really didn't like it here. For the most part I think the rest of us enjoyed it. I know I did, it's an easy recommendation for 600.[/QUOTE]Pretty much this. I recall a ton of people here liked it. For being done by a small team, it's a very well-made Metroid-ish platformer where you can upgrade your stats and do some neat combos.

[quote name='E.Nich']You guys recommend Mercury Hg? I'm on the fence with it.

Dust is a great game and it's worth that price and more (I could have paid easily for it 800, but 1200... well, I don't like that price tag).[/QUOTE]

Yep, also Dust is longer than most of these new AAA games. :)

Mercury Hg is good, but the game has a problem where at random points frame rate goes to single digits and becomes unplayable and you should restart the current level. :/

[quote name='tylerh1701']K everything is in the OP, though it hasn't been sorted all that great. My guess is that a few of the GoD markdowns on Halo, Gears, and Forza are probably related to the MS sale, while some of the other GoD markedowns are permanent price drops. Major Nelson tweeted that he'd publish the full list of the MS Studios sale later, so we can edit that accordingly.

The Sega discounts are also unknown whether they're temporary or permanent.[/QUOTE]
Sega stuff was on sale last week on psn and steam, so I'm guessing its just a sale.

[quote name='Sath666']Yep, also Dust is longer than most of these new AAA games. :)
/[/QUOte]

just wondering, is being long actually a turn off for anyone?

EDIT: just realized how this would sound out of context:rofl:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']just wondering, is being long actually a turn off for anyone?[/QUOTE]

Me. I have more games to play than time to play them. I'll play a 30-40 hour game and enjoy the hell out of it if it's good, but there are a lot of games, especially RPGs, that proudly advertise length and I feel like a lot of it is wasting my time with stuff that I don't find fun. I'd much rather play a tightly designed experience where they distill all of the fun into a few hours where every moment is joy for me, like the Portal games.

I know this may be a bad place (and time) but I'm just wondering if anyone can help me?

I got Assassin's Creed 3 but I accidentally changed my region to UK (I live in Canada) and the download keeps corrupting around the 80% mark. Is there anyway to fix this?

[quote name='Masters_93']I know this may be a bad place (and time) but I'm just wondering if anyone can help me?

I got Assassin's Creed 3 but I accidentally changed my region to UK (I live in Canada) and the download keeps corrupting around the 80% mark. Is there anyway to fix this?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so, not easily. In 3 months you can change your region to Canada. You might be able to do something like download up to the ~78% mark and then run it through a UK proxy, either by connecting the console via a computer running a proxy or maybe with a router firmware like dd-wrt/tomato. If that last sentence didn't make any sense to you it'll probably take more time learning how that all works than the game is worth.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']just wondering, is being long actually a turn off for anyone?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Dust isn't that long.

http://howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakdown.php?gameid=8858

But yes, overly long games don't do much for me. I avoid most of the extremely long ones (which tend to be RPGs) because I don't need to be adding games like that to my backlog. I don't play many games that go over 25 hours.

That being said, I'll be getting Okami HD on PS3 tomorrow and I'm already extremely intimidated by it.

For me 5-8 hours is ideal. I just don't have time for long games anymore.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, but Dust isn't that long.

http://howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakdown.php?gameid=8858

But yes, overly long games don't do much for me. I avoid most of the extremely long ones (which tend to be RPGs) because I don't need to be adding games like that to my backlog. I don't play many games that go over 25 hours.

That being said, I'll be getting Okami HD on PS3 tomorrow and I'm already extremely intimidated by it.[/QUOTE]

I was never able to finish Okami. Played for probably 20+ hours and felt like I'd barely scratched the surface. I've thought about rebuying the HD version, and using the trophies as motivation to finish it, but I don't know when I'd have the time

[quote name='Masters_93']I know this may be a bad place (and time) but I'm just wondering if anyone can help me?

I got Assassin's Creed 3 but I accidentally changed my region to UK (I live in Canada) and the download keeps corrupting around the 80% mark. Is there anyway to fix this?[/QUOTE]
Wait 3 months to change your region or use VPN.

[quote name='Sath666']Yep, also Dust is longer than most of these new AAA games. :)

Mercury Hg is good, but the game has a problem where at random points frame rate goes to single digits and becomes unplayable and you should restart the current level. :/[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, ok, thanks Sath, I'll take that into account.

By the way, Dust isn't too long for it's genre (metroidvania ;)), you don't get bored with it.

I have a problem with modern J-RPG's where they say that it's 100+ hours long as a good thing. A good game duration for a J-RPG is about 25-75 hours imo. Once it breaks the 65 hours barrier I tend to get nervous (there are exceptions, of course).

I personally think ~40-50 hours is the sweet spot for me when it comes to peaking interest on any game. I think most people just hit a ceiling and can't keep playing past that, the only game I haven't had that problem with is Persona 4 Golden. haha :D

[quote name='illennium']For me 5-8 hours is ideal. I just don't have time for long games anymore.[/QUOTE]

It depends for me.

Games like Skyrim, Oblivion, RDR etc I can drop 100 hours into on and off over months and be completely happy.

But games like Bioshock 1/2/I, MP3, etc 4-8 hours is about right. I thought Bioshock Infinite was great time wise, just a little slow in the middle with a great twist (gasp, who would have thought a great twist in a Bioshock series)

[quote name='louiedog']I don't believe so, not easily. In 3 months you can change your region to Canada. You might be able to do something like download up to the ~78% mark and then run it through a UK proxy, either by connecting the console via a computer running a proxy or maybe with a router firmware like dd-wrt/tomato. If that last sentence didn't make any sense to you it'll probably take more time learning how that all works than the game is worth.[/QUOTE]

Dammit >.<

Oh well, I have the disc version anyways, so I guess three months later I should be able to grab this :lol:

I'd say the # of hours in a game that someone might find enjoyable depends on the # of hours they have in free time. As a kid, I liked the longer games because, well, I had more free time. Now, as an adult, you've got less leisure time to spend playing games, so something that can either take

How's the Origin of Pain add-on for Trials Evo? With all the user-created tracks, I'm not feeling the same urge for DLC that I felt with Trials HD.

[youtube]ecvUBlk6Yvs[/youtube]
As you might have heard, Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons finally comes out this Friday for 800 MS Points. I've written a new exclusive preview, so please check it out!

[quote name='FinderKeeper']AC3 Season Pass still up (as of this moment, 11am central 4/2)[/QUOTE]

Is it a permanent price drop to 1600msp?

[quote name='gospelman']Is it a permanent price drop to 1600msp?[/QUOTE]

well that would be sweet, as I'm not buying it till I beat the game, but was mildly interested

[quote name='eastx']As you might have heard, Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons finally comes out this Friday for 800 MS Points. I've written a new exclusive preview, so please check it out![/QUOTE]I thought it was confirmed for 1,200 MSP, at least according to Major Nelson. Cool to see it's slightly cheaper. In any case, I'll probably get it as part of this month's Rewards offer. Glad to see it's finally coming out after all this time.

[quote name='gospelman']Is it a permanent price drop to 1600msp?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, since the OP has it listed as part of the April Fool's Day 1-Day Sale. But maybe it's April Fools and it is a permanent price drop.

*doubles over with laughter*

:roll: I doubt it, though. If 1600 msp isn't too rich for your blood, pull the trigger (or arrow, as the case may be).

[quote name='Zonic505']I'd say the # of hours in a game that someone might find enjoyable depends on the # of hours they have in free time. As a kid, I liked the longer games because, well, I had more free time. Now, as an adult, you've got less leisure time to spend playing games, so something that can either take

Played the demo fore River City Rampage, and while I loved the old school game and movie references, I didn't much care for the gameplay. The 8-bit style graphics and music don't really do it for me much either.

[quote name='seppuku']Played the demo fore River City Rampage, and while I loved the old school game and movie references, I didn't much care for the gameplay. The 8-bit style graphics and music don't really do it for me much either.[/QUOTE]

I had the same impression, and I think that game is the one that has the huge border thing around the screen isn't it? If the actual gameplay area took up the entire screen it may have been more appealing to me, but I am curious now if anyone else had the same problem.

[quote name='seppuku']Played the demo fore River City Rampage, and while I loved the old school game and movie references, I didn't much care for the gameplay. The 8-bit style graphics and music don't really do it for me much either.[/QUOTE]

RIVER City Rampage? :lol: Somehow this reminded me of "The Legend of the River King" haha

[quote name='Bloomy']Check your purchase history. I mentioned it last night, and will probably put it in the OP later, that Mercury Hg, Quarrel and Swarm were in the S&S app, and those purchases don't show on xbox.com. xbox_man said Pool Nation may have also been on sale in the app.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I have a considerable # of these from the S&S+ app, and show as "yet to be purchased" on the Marketplace. With that said, I have enough points stockpiled that I'm OK with purchasing them via this sale, and then nagging Xbox Support saying I just got double-charged for them, thus forcing some poor Customer Service agent to spend extra time researching my purchases & reimburse me.

Because I can. :lol:

BTW, all done with the OP edits.

It's never fun to go massively chopping the OP, but at least it's current now. Thanks to Bort (over @ "xbldb") for logging each & every S&S+ app deal, so 3 cheers for our community's OCD tendencies! :applause:

P.S. The "F1 Super Stars" DLC tracks were indeed a limited-time sale, so those got removed from the Markdown section.

Is A World of Keflings worth it? I have the trial loaded to download but I was hoping for some opinions on it as well.

Looks like I'll be trying out some trials for games since I can't figure out which of these to get

Hydro thunder hurricane
Mark of the Ninja
Deadlight

[quote name='super marioPS2']Looks like I'll be trying out some trials for games since I can't figure out which of these to get

Hydro thunder hurricane
Mark of the Ninja
Deadlight[/QUOTE]

Mark of the Ninja is one of the best XBLA games yet. Go for that one. I did not enjoy the developer's Shank games at all, but Mark of the Ninja is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back