XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bajingo']i searched but didnt see any posts about the hungary prices for these. Overlord 2 is 600, but thats all ive checked, anyone have full list[/QUOTE]

Many XBLA games are close to the same price on all markets. That's because they don't base it on actual currency, but on MSP.

Conversely GonD are based on actual currency values and relate that to that current market. This means that it can be much cheaper to buy 1600 MSP here than over in that market. Hence the price difference.

Granted all this is nullified sometimes because they just have better sales etc.

TLDR; you're welcome to check but don't get too exited that it may be cheaper over there for XBLA/DLC.

noted, will keep all deals related to these United States of America.

The Trials DLC on sale is the newer one that is supposed to be REALLY hard correct? ive no interest if i cant play many of the levels.

[quote name='bajingo']i searched but didnt see any posts about the hungary prices for these. Overlord 2 is 600, but thats all ive checked, anyone have full list[/QUOTE]
FYI, you're more than welcome to start your own thread on CAG for "something else". However, because we're one of the most-visited threads/communities on CAG, we're intentionally not listing anything in the OP that:
  1. You can't find in the Marketplace for accounts accessed/billing within North America (specifically USA, Canada, and APO/FPO).
  2. You would need multiple or super-privileged XBL accounts to expose.
  3. You would endanger your compliance with the "Xbox LIVE Terms of Use", "Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct", or the "Xbox.com Service Agreement".
And that's how ReddJoey would've wanted it. :D

In for Plants vs. Zombies pinball. Fuel looks interesting because of the huge procedurally generated game world but you kind find a disc version elsewhere for cheaper.

[quote name='Spokker']In for Plants vs. Zombies pinball. Fuel looks interesting because of the huge procedurally generated game world but you kind find a disc version elsewhere for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

FUEL is pretty fun, but it is bland and does get old pretty fast.

[quote name='Spokker']In for Plants vs. Zombies pinball. Fuel looks interesting because of the huge procedurally generated game world but you kind find a disc version elsewhere for cheaper.[/QUOTE]
P vs Z pinball is pretty cool. I might go for the Avengers tables myself. I'm a sucker for the Marvel themed tables.

[quote name='nCogNeato']Ha, I can relate.

I used to play them with a friends for years, but never actually enjoyed them. The most enjoyable aspect of the games to me was customizing my own wrestler to look like Billy Mays, Deadpool, Edgar Allan Poe, etc.

I would never actually spend my own money on a wrestling game.[/QUOTE]

Actually WWE All Stars is a lot of fun! It's great for people who want a more arcade approach to wrestling. I was hoping it would be on sale during the WWE Sale but I guess not. But I agree with not paying for a "sim" wrestling game anymore.

[quote name='chuckie88']P vs Z pinball is pretty cool. I might go for the Avengers tables myself. I'm a sucker for the Marvel themed tables.[/QUOTE]
PvsZ is an amazingly easy table. I'm usually pretty bad playing pinball, but I tried the table just to see how it was and I did about 58+ millions in the first try.

I thought I couldn't get out of balls, since the game always said either "ball saved" or "extra ball". It's the first time I see something like that, I'm not complaining though, I kind of liked an endless table just to know how it feels :D

[quote name='eugaet']Ha, everything shows up as 'already purchased' except for Hydrophobia and the Nike+ stuff.[/QUOTE]

Hydrophobia is amazing. That game is one of my favorite stories to tell.

It comes out, and what happens? It sucks. The camera angles are awkward, the direction to go was confusing, etc.

Unfortunately it was too late to save the game's reputation, but what did the devs do?

Released a free patch resolving every. single. issue. complained about on the game's forums. Game in my mind went from a 3/10 to an 9/10 (losing a point due to the ending, which is just an ending and that's it)

[quote name='MisterLemon']Hydrophobia is amazing. That game is one of my favorite stories to tell.

It comes out, and what happens? It sucks. The camera angles are awkward, the direction to go was confusing, etc.

Unfortunately it was too late to save the game's reputation, but what did the devs do?

Released a free patch resolving every. single. issue. complained about on the game's forums. Game in my mind went from a 3/10 to an 9/10 (losing a point due to the ending, which is just an ending and that's it)[/QUOTE]

Damn you Mr. Lemon! Now I kind of want it again. It's so low, feels like a crime not to give it a go. I thought I was done until next week.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']If only Trials Evolution was 50% off.

What was Dust discounted on the it's last sale? I want to say 400msp vs the 600msp now.[/QUOTE]

It was 600.

[quote name='ArugulaZ']Anyone know how long Dust and Hydro Thunder will be on sale? Is it a week long thing, or will it last all month?[/QUOTE]

All the dates you need are in the OP.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']I'd ignore Mark of the Ninja..

Isn't a new version coming out this summer?[/QUOTE]

A new version? I thought it would be more like a patch.

[quote name='E.Nich']A new version? I thought it would be more like a patch.[/QUOTE]

Wait what? There is a new version coming out? I must investigate.

I really am sorry if this question has been asked already...however, Deadlight is a game I was looking to get when it first came out. It was too expensive for my taste. Can someone who has played it let me know if it is worth getting now at 600 points? Also Mark of the Ninja I've never seen, but am debating after reading a few people's comments here. Also debating Dust...I just really don't want to spend a lot of money here. Hydrophobia any good at all?...200 points is too good to pass up unless it is a complete turd.

[quote name='JBallerX']I really am sorry if this question has been asked already...however, Deadlight is a game I was looking to get when it first came out. It was too expensive for my taste. Can someone who has played it let me know if it is worth getting now at 600 points? Also Mark of the Ninja I've never seen, but am debating after reading a few people's comments here. Also debating Dust...I just really don't want to spend a lot of money here. Hydrophobia any good at all?...200 points is too good to pass up unless it is a complete turd.[/QUOTE]

I didn't look up the medium of how they are generally rated. But I believe from worst to best it's Deadlight, Hydrophobia, Dust and then Mark of the Ninja. Dust and Mark of the Ninja could go either way in many peoples opinion. Now you just should factor in your taste and gaming preference.

Other than that, you should play the trials for them. Thats why they are there.

[quote name='MisterLemon']Hydrophobia is amazing. That game is one of my favorite stories to tell.

Released a free patch resolving every. single. issue. complained about on the game's forums. Game in my mind went from a 3/10 to an 9/10 (losing a point due to the ending, which is just an ending and that's it)[/QUOTE]

For the one on this page that asked

I downloaded the trial and only played the first room (her apartment?) - it seemed really clunky to control. Is the full game better, because that was rough.

[quote name='JBallerX']I really am sorry if this question has been asked already...however, Deadlight is a game I was looking to get when it first came out. It was too expensive for my taste. Can someone who has played it let me know if it is worth getting now at 600 points? Also Mark of the Ninja I've never seen, but am debating after reading a few people's comments here. Also debating Dust...I just really don't want to spend a lot of money here. Hydrophobia any good at all?...200 points is too good to pass up unless it is a complete turd.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shifty Effect']I didn't look up the medium of how they are generally rated. But I believe from worst to best it's Deadlight, Hydrophobia, Dust and then Mark of the Ninja. Dust and Mark of the Ninja could go either way in many peoples opinion. Now you just should factor in your taste and gaming preference.

Other than that, you should play the trials for them. Thats why they are there.[/QUOTE]

Out of those four I'd say Dust>Mark of the Ninja>>>>>>>>Deadlight>Hydrophobia. Like Shifty said, Dust and MotN are both great.

I think saying Hydrophobia being a 9/10 after the patch is very generous, I'd give it about a 6 or 7 out of 10. The gameplay is solid but never spectacular, to me it was still a pretty generic and unmemorable game.

Deadlight was just a big letdown for me. The game looked like it had a lot of potential but ended up being a rather generic 3 hour long action/platformer. I still liked it slightly more than Hydrophobia, but I'd recommend Hydrophobia at 200 over Deadlight at 600. But don't bother considering either of those two if Dust and MotN aren't in your library already.

I just finished the first two levels of Mark of the Ninja and thought it was amazing. Can't wait to play more tomorrow night.

I bought Hydro Thunder during the last sale - I loved the original in the arcade and on the Dreamcast - the new version is fun, but after playing it for a few hours, it's not something I revisit very often. Sort of like most games made for the arcade (Crazy Taxi, etc).

[quote name='knight19']I downloaded the trial and only played the first room (her apartment?) - it seemed really clunky to control. Is the full game better, because that was rough.[/QUOTE]

Full game = patch = yes.

I played through Hydrophobia and thought it was about a 6/10. The thing is I have no idea if I played the patched or unpatched version. It wasn't great or terrible, just sort of mediocre.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Out of those four I'd say Dust>Mark of the Ninja>>>>>>>>Deadlight>Hydrophobia. Like Shifty said, Dust and MotN are both great.

I think saying Hydrophobia being a 9/10 after the patch is very generous, I'd give it about a 6 or 7 out of 10. The gameplay is solid but never spectacular, to me it was still a pretty generic and unmemorable game.

Deadlight was just a big letdown for me. The game looked like it had a lot of potential but ended up being a rather generic 3 hour long action/platformer. I still liked it slightly more than Hydrophobia, but I'd recommend Hydrophobia at 200 over Deadlight at 600. But don't bother considering either of those two if Dust and MotN aren't in your library already.[/QUOTE]

That's really disappointing to hear about Deadlight. It looks very cool, but I will be passing on it. I guess I may grab mark of the ninja...and perhaps Dust if it's as good as everyone says it is.

The second act of Deadlight feels out of place from the first and final acts, but I enjoyed it overall. It reminded me of Limbo, but the mix of having to survive the Zombie Apocalypse in 2D really made it for me. The story is a little above average too.

[quote name='JBallerX']That's really disappointing to hear about Deadlight. It looks very cool, but I will be passing on it. I guess I may grab mark of the ninja...and perhaps Dust if it's as good as everyone says it is.[/QUOTE]

Mark of the Ninja and Dust are better than 80% of the retail games I have played in the past couple of years.

[quote name='MisterLemon']Full game = patch = yes.[/QUOTE]

The trial for me wasn't bad, but wasn't catching at it's price when I played it. So according to you they responded to customers and tweaked it up. So for 200msp that should intrigue people now. Do you know when they last patched it? Owners might not even know about it.

What is the main attraction of the car packs for the Forza series? Are they better than the cars that come with the vanilla game, or is it the enjoyment of driving cars you like in real life?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I haven't played WWE 13 but due to having a brother who is a huge wrestling fan I sometimes play wrestling games with him. I've been playing them since the first Smackdown! game on psx.

None of them are good.
At all.[/QUOTE]

I would only recommend WWE 13 if you want the expanded roster of late 90's & current wrestlers and be able to play matches from the Attitude Era.

I bought in Jan. when GS had it on sale a week for $30.

[quote name='JBallerX']That's really disappointing to hear about Deadlight. It looks very cool, but I will be passing on it. I guess I may grab mark of the ninja...and perhaps Dust if it's as good as everyone says it is.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, you might like it more than me or others. I'm sure some people liked/loved it.

I sometimes see people being disgusted with a game and I'm like WTF its great. Just how it is, all I can say is play the trial before you decide.

So is the PvZ table worth it? I love the source material (own it on three different platforms, and would gladly buy it again), and the trial was fun, but is it the type of thing you could keep going back to? I saw the post about getting a billion points the first try, and that seems a little boring IMO

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']So is the PvZ table worth it? I love the source material (own it on three different platforms, and would gladly buy it again), and the trial was fun, but is it the type of thing you could keep going back to? I saw the post about getting a billion points the first try, and that seems a little boring IMO[/QUOTE]
It reminds me of Epic Quest. Simple table by itself but with fun gimmicks.

[quote name='PsiScream']What is the main attraction of the car packs for the Forza series? Are they better than the cars that come with the vanilla game, or is it the enjoyment of driving cars you like in real life?[/QUOTE]

Some of the cars are better, plus it adds playability to the game, more cars to work towards unlocking, leveling and upgrading. Plus some people just like driving specific cars.

Bought Terraria & Trials Evo. 2000/3200, 2/4 games done. Gonna get Alan Wake's American Nightmare and a random 400 point one (full house poker if I get the points in time.)

Let's get punchcarded!

Also got Origin of Pain even though it doesn't count towards the 2000/3200. And American Pie for Rock Band :c

I wish I had bought a discounted 4000 points code instead of a barely-discounted 1200 points code. I completely forgot about the 3200/800 MSP promo. :S And with that in mind I may pick up Trials Evolution also, as much as I'd rather see it at 600.

If you don't at least try Dust, you're stupid and I hate you.
... overdramatic incendiary remarks aside, it's one of the few games I've bothered to finish this gen and I had a total blast with it. My one and only complaint is that the characters and dialogue can be a little too cheesy sometimes, but the upside to that is it will appeal to your kids/nieces/nephews. Took me about 16 hours to beat, for those of you that care about that sort of thing. I played on Hardcore (or whatever the harder-than-normal difficulty is) and while it's mostly pretty easy, the difficulty will spike dramatically halfway through the final zone - take this time to finish off any optional quests you've ignored, which will take 2 hours tops, and the rest should work itself out.

[quote name='MisterLemon']Also got Origin of Pain even though it doesn't count towards the 2000/3200. And American Pie for Rock Band.[/QUOTE]
I disagree ... I'm thinking as long as you're buying valid DLC tied to Arcade games, then they're going to include it for the 3200 award ... and don't forget "American Pie" is technically DLC for "Rock Band Blitz". ;)
[quote name='XboxRewards']A. During the month of April, earn a punch for spending 800 Microsoft Points on Arcade game(s) from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Spend a total of 3,200 Microsoft Points on Arcade games under the Xbox LIVE account tied to your Rewards account and earn 800 Microsoft Points back.[/quote]
Neither "Pinball FX2" nor "Crimson Alliance" would count if punches were only for games. Luckily, we should have an answer near the end of this week, so there's still plenty of time for folks to break open their "MS points" piggy-bank during this sale.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to login to either "Trials Evolution" or "Retro City Rampage" and leave the game(s) on "pause", so I can accumulate 5 hours in each of my newly-purchased XBLA games (of at least 400 MSP each, that is). :D

[quote name='Cornelius']I disagree ... I'm thinking as long as you're buying valid DLC tied to Arcade games, then they're going to include it for the 3200 award ... and don't forget "American Pie" is technically DLC for "Rock Band Blitz". ;)

Neither "Pinball FX2" nor "Crimson Alliance" would count if punches were only for games. Luckily, we should have an answer near the end of this week, so there's still plenty of time for folks to break open their "MS points" piggy-bank during this sale.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to login to either "Trials Evolution" or "Retro City Rampage" and leave the game(s) on "pause", so I can accumulate 5 hours in each of my newly-purchased XBLA games (of at least 400 MSP each, that is). :D[/QUOTE]

On what basis are you able to disagree? No one has confirmed in any way that DLC is valid for the promotion, so let's try to avoid getting anyone's hopes up until we get a firm confirmation or denial. I'd be willing to bet they'd make exceptions for the titles you mention, though perhaps only after substantial nagging.

[quote name='Twista48']are the Pinball FX2 items worth it?[/QUOTE]
The DLC tables? Yes!

PFX Classic is pretty lame. Don't buy it. It's also "extremely unlikely" to be compatible with Pinball FX3.
PvZ is a pretty darn faithful application of the Plants vs. Zombies game into a pinball table. It's probably the easiest table they've made, but I still played it for a good chunk of time. It's ease of use just meant I felt cool playing it for so long. :)
Avengers Chronicles is neat! Infinity Gauntlet pushes the limits of what cool effects they can do while still maintaining a pinball feel. Avengers is a decent table too. I haven't played all that much of Fear Itself or World War Hulk, but both have neat features.
---
Dust: AET is one of my favorite games ever. Beautiful animation, a story that I personally liked a lot, and a nifty combo system.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']If you don't at least try Dust, you're stupid and I hate you.
... overdramatic incendiary remarks aside, it's one of the few games I've bothered to finish this gen and I had a total blast with it. My one and only complaint is that the characters and dialogue can be a little too cheesy sometimes, but the upside to that is it will appeal to your kids/nieces/nephews. Took me about 16 hours to beat, for those of you that care about that sort of thing. I played on Hardcore (or whatever the harder-than-normal difficulty is) and while it's mostly pretty easy, the difficulty will spike dramatically halfway through the final zone - take this time to finish off any optional quests you've ignored, which will take 2 hours tops, and the rest should work itself out.[/QUOTE]

As someone who played Dust on the regular difficulty, I recommend playing the game on the hardest difficulty if you're even kinda good at games like this. Once I mastered the control system and how to rack up combos, I really regretted that I wasn't on the hardest difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back