XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cleaner7']I'm wanting Harmonix to do more marathon packs for Dance Central but have a feeling we won't see any. I want the newer track packs from DC2/3 since I started playing DC3 daily to burn calories. What a workout! It was my goal to work out on Kinect and the Xbox Rewards gave me that extra little incentive. I'm 7 days in and play 1-2 hrs a day. I did run my 360 overnight that first night to get an achievement and run up the hours for Xbox Rewards to hit 20 hours. I also have both Kinect Sports games and Your Shape Fitness Evolved if I want to mix it up. I want to get the Nike+ Kinect game once it's cheap.[/QUOTE]

I'm in your exact same situation: I got a Kinect on 21st and bought all Dance Central games plus Your Shape 2012 from The Hut, since it was the complete version with all DLCs. Glad to hear that workout's paying off well for you, since I'm planning to start mine soon :)

I don't think we'll see another DC sale at least before next week: this month's purchases go towards the 200 points rebate from Xbox Rewards, so maybe they want us to spend full prices on them... but there were also discounted titles valid for past promotions, so who knows ;)

Furthermore, can you really leave Xbox running to rack up hours (and eventually achievements) with Kinect titles? I guessed that, once you withdraw from the sensor's field of view, your profile was disconnected from the game and thus from hours tracking...

I highly recommend Shank 2. Levels are more varied this time and the game feels more polished than first one. Survival mode is really fun playing with friend.
Short game, but you get enough content for 400 points.

fuck, I didn't want to spend money this month, and they put on sale SFxTK costume packs and characters.

I Enjoy the fact that not many posts ago people were hoping for a deal on Deathspank and here it is.

And I want From Ashes for cheaper, but goddamn they rarely put ME DLC on sale in general. The fact that ME2 DLC is not on sale kinda shows how stingy they are with it.

Also I'm curious as to what the new Reward requirement for February will be so now I got to hold off just in case.

Omg, finally little discount on both Mega Man games:

Mega man 9 - 640msp (was 800)
Mega man 10 - 640msp (was 800)

You know, i probably will end up buying both. Waited enough lol. The price is quite strange and will hold on around day to see if is some error like some of the content few weeks ago.

[quote name='Junpei']Nice, I could definitely bite... no love for The Baconing?[/QUOTE]

The Baconning was recently on sale, so i guess that's why is missing this time.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Enjoy the fact that not many posts ago people were hoping for a deal on Deathspank and here it is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no kidding, was that actually random, no one had any idea we we're going to have an EA sale? :applause:

Awesome, grabbed Shank 2 (loved the first one) and Deathspank: ToV (already have the first one and the Baconing). Kind of on the fence with the Dragon Age 2 DLC, I haven't even finished the first one, I don't know if I will ever even play the second one with my backlog lol :whistle2:(

I've been waiting ages for a Dragon Age II DLC sale, and I've seen several others here comment about it too, so I'm very happy about that. Mixed with a little bit of disappointment that only one of them is 50% off, of course.

Warp is becoming the Bioshock 2/Red Dead Redemption of arcade games.

Dragon Age 2 for 400 msp on hungarian marketplace (weird as games at that price are usually converted to 320 msp.
With Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition, does anybody know how the dlc comes with it, codes or on disc?

[quote name='Alien Spider']Kind of on the fence with the Dragon Age 2 DLC, I haven't even finished the first one, I don't know if I will ever even play the second one with my backlog lol :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I'm with you, but I guess I'll get the main game (since it's rather difficult to obtain for less than 10€ here, let alone a new copy) + Legacy, because it's the most discounted DLC and I doubt they'll discount it more in the future. I'll grab the others when they'll be at 50% off too.

Sales & Special app was updated - Forza 4 dlc junk:

Forza 4
1966 MG MGB GT - 120msp (was 240)
Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - 120msp (was 240)
Disc 2: Autovista Car pack - 400msp (was 800)

[quote name='Sath666']Omg, finally little discount on both Mega Man games:

Mega man 10 - 640msp (was 800)[/QUOTE]Wow, I've been waiting for these to drop for a while. Ditto on waiting to see if they end up getting cheaper for whatever reason, since 20% off is quite strange for two games that have been out for over 4 years and nearly 3 years respectively.

Not to mention MM10 has been 50% off numerous times, and forgive me for bringing it up but both were recently free on PSN+. :roll:

And my god, I had a shred of hope for S&S having something good this week. But nope, Forza 4 stuff that is probably useless to anyone who already played Forza 4. Also the Chain Reaction is Toy Soldiers still, for some reason. Bleugh.

[quote name='Sath666']DOTW

Mega man 10 - 640msp (was 800)
Dragon's Lair - 400msp (was 800)

Street Fighter x Tekken
Additional Characters Pack (12 Chars) - 1200msp (was 1600)
DLC Char Alternate Costume Complete Pack - 360msp (was 480)
DLC Char Swap Costume Complete Pack - 240msp (was 480)
SF/TK Alternate Costume Complete Pack - 1080msp (was 1440)
SF/TK Swap Costume Complete Pack - 720msp (was 1440)

EA Publisher Sale

Deathspank 1 - 600msp (was 1200)
Deathspank 2: ToV - 600msp (was 1200)
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition - 600msp (was 1200)
NFL Blitz - 600msp (was 1200)
Shank - 400msp (was 800)
Shank 2 - 400msp (was 800)
Warp - 400msp (was 800)

Dragon Age Origins - 800msp/10$ (was 1200/15$) US price
-Awakening - 1200msp (was 2400)
-Darkspawn Chronicles - 240msp (was 400)
-Golems of Amgarrak - 240msp (was 400)
-Leliana's Song - 400msp (was 560)
-Return to Ostagar - 240msp (was 400)
-Witch Hunt - 400msp (was 560)

Dragon Age 2 - 800msp/10$ (was 1600/20$) US price
-Exiled Prince - 400msp (was 560)
-Legacy - 400msp (was 800)
-Mark of the Assassin - 560msp (was 800)

Fight Night Champion - 800msp/10$ (was 1600/20$) US price
Madden NFL 13 - 3200msp/40$ (was 4800/60$) US price
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 - 1600msp/20$ (was 3200/40$) US price
-11 Course Pack - 1600msp (was 3200)

Kingdoms of Amalur
-Dead Kel - 400msp (was 800)
-Teeth of Naros - 400msp (was 800)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted
-Ultimate Speed pack - 400msp (was 800)

Mass Effect 3
-From Ashes - 560msp (was 800)

Battlefield 3
-Co-op Weapon shortcut - 200msp (was 400)
-Kit Shortcut bundle - 2000msp (was 3600)
-Premium - 3200msp (was 4000)
-Ultimate Shortcut bundle - 2000msp (was 3200)
-Vehicle Shortcut bundle - 800msp (was 1440)

SSX 1600msp/20$ (was 2400/30$)
--Mt. Eddie and Classic Character pack - 320msp (was 640)

Sales & Specials+

Forza 4
1966 MG MGB GT - 120msp (was 240)
Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - 120msp (was 240)
Disc 2: Autovista Car pack - 400msp (was 800)[/QUOTE]

Ssx is showing up as $15 for me. I usually don't like to dl full games but this is a tempting price.

[quote name='Vap']Ssx is showing up as $15 for me. I usually don't like to dl full games but this is a tempting price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, fixed the price. At first was shown $20.

[quote name='VVaffle']
And my god, I had a shred of hope for S&S having something good this week. But nope, Forza 4 stuff that is probably useless to anyone who already played Forza 4. Also the Chain Reaction is Toy Soldiers still, for some reason. Bleugh.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Even though i love FM series, would never waste msp for additional cars packs. These games already have tons of content on the disc.

Disappointed in the little discounts for Dragon Age 2 stuff, was hoping for 50% off all 3 of the DLCs. I probably only want to play through the game one more time, so I don't know whether I want to get Legacy now and hope for sales on the other two, or what...

The Mega Man slight discount is likely because of the 25th anniversary... people we're wondering if we'd see anything like this, and alas, here it is.

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']compared with Amazon PC DD thread and Steam Thread, this thread never fails to fail.[/QUOTE]

I would argue that your comment fails to be useful to anyone else. :p

I think this is the first time Mega Man 9 has ever been on sale on Xbox Live, but ugh, not even 50% off?

What is it about old XBLA games refusing to drop in price? This is why I hope we never get all digital consoles. Imagine a world where a launch game like Perfect Dark Zero still can't be had for less than $60.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I think this is the first time Mega Man 9 has ever been on sale on Xbox Live, but ugh, not even 50% off?

What is it about old XBLA games refusing to drop in price? This is why I hope we never get all digital consoles. Imagine a world where a launch game like Perfect Dark Zero still can't be had for less than $60.[/QUOTE]

It won't happen for now, at least with next generation consoles. ;)

I agree with for the old XBLA games. MS should permanently slash the prices for every 3-4 years old game with 300-400msp. You see these Mutant Storm games? Still priced at 800 and if i remember correctly, none of them was on sale ever.

I swear Microsoft reads this thread as people recently asked for Deathspank and DA/ME DLC sales ;)

Woo hoo! I definitely picked up Mark of the Assassin and Shank 2 immediately. I've been wanting both for awhile. I own all the DA/DAII DLC now. For anyone interested in Dragon Age, buy the Ultimate Edition. It has all DLC on disc and will be much cheaper than buying everything during this sale.

Those Capcom SFxT and MM discounts are jokes. Like the DAII DLC some discount is better than none so we buy. I was interested in both MM games but since I got them free on PS+ I'll pass. Even though Shank 2 is also cheaper there I got it on XBLA like the original.

That EA sale saved this week. I'm slightly tempted by FNC but will probably hold off.

Well, I'll get From Ashes, but kinda pissed the ME2 DLC isn't on sale. Been waiting almost a year, wondering if I should just pick it up anyway.

I'm kinda disappointed MM games were not discounted more than they were. Oh well... nothing again this week.. these days it's been slim pickins for me... step it up Microsoft!!!

I bought both Shanks, Tiger, SSX, and Warp. Is there any reason for me to believe a Sniper Elite V2 DLC sale will happen eventually or should I just grab what I want now?

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']compared with Amazon PC DD thread and Steam Thread, this thread never fails to fail.[/QUOTE]
The fact that you compare all of them equally is disturbing

Come on ME Pinnacle Station! lol

[quote name='xbox_man']Dragon Age 2 for 400 msp on hungarian marketplace (weird as games at that price are usually converted to 320 msp.
With Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition, does anybody know how the dlc comes with it, codes or on disc?[/QUOTE]

Have the Ultimate Edition all DLC is on Disc =O (which is fortunate my Borderlands GOTY only had codes back then...wish I would have snagged one with Disc DLC hum)

Happy about DA2 stuff. I think you can get awakening on disk for $10 at GS. Heck the Ulitmate Edition is like $20 but I already invested in most of the dlc so I have to see what is cheapest at this point. Nice sale this week I do not mind repeats when they do them like this with tons for stuff.

Now that I got Shank 2 for $2.50 on PS3 I might have to bit on Shank for $5.

I know we've had some pretty good things in the sales and specials app the last few weeks, but are they seriously trying to sell us individual cars from Forza car packs? The individual cars are so punitively expensive that you'd be an idiot not to just buy the whole car pack if there was a car you wanted (it is 240MSP for one car vs 560MSP for the 10 car pack). Even with 50% off it doesn't make sense.

Major Nelson posted next week deals:

Hydrophobia 5-Feb to 11-Feb 160 (67% off)
Hybrid 400 (67% off)
Zeno Clash UE 400 (50% off)
Earthworm Jim HD 400 (50% off)
Alan Wake’s American Nightmare 600 (50% off)
Orcs Must Die! 600 (50% off)

I already got all of these. :lol:

Damn, all these arcade games on sale and I have all of them. I guess I should be glad, my HD is down to it's last 10 Gigs of free space.

[quote name='E.Nich']Seems Scott Pilgrim's new DLC will be 160msp. That's nice, I heard it would be more expensive.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']That may be because I didn't say anything like that lol :)
Just the new achievements on TA and already heard the price will be 400 MSP so yeah...[/QUOTE]

LOL. Moral of the story.....wait until it's available for purchase or someone makes an official announcement.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
For those interested in Sniper Elite V2 DLC, the developer stated that there would be new DLC released to consoles sometime in the next few weeks. Don't hold your breath for the Landwehr Canal Pack DLC, though...they couldn't make it work within the limitations of the console engines, so that one will continue to be PC-only.

[quote name='Sath666']Major Nelson posted next week deals:

Hydrophobia 5-Feb to 11-Feb 160 (67% off)
[/QUOTE]

I guess I will grab it since it's so cheap. Again, people will buy anything if it's priced low enough. To be honest though, I am more concerned with the 1 Gig of space this will take up than the 240 MSPs I'll be saving.
I have everything else.

SFxT extra characters and costumes are still way too expensive. At 50% off, I may have considered the extra characters, as I do actually play SFxT from time to time, but 25% is not enough to get me to reconsider my Capcom DLC boycott.

[quote name='Skydude']Disappointed in the little discounts for Dragon Age 2 stuff, was hoping for 50% off all 3 of the DLCs. I probably only want to play through the game one more time, so I don't know whether I want to get Legacy now and hope for sales on the other two, or what...[/QUOTE]

First time DA2 has been on sale though? Worried it might take forever again.

Slightly annoyed that the Scott Pilgrim online pack still costs money, but $2 is still much better than $5. Plus it's nice to see it finally has a release date.

[quote name='ooga']Damn, all these arcade games on sale and I have all of them. I guess I should be glad, my HD is down to it's last 10 Gigs of free space.[/QUOTE]

After i get both Mega Man games, there is almost nothing that i really want from XBLA. Have slight interest on BC Rearmed 2, Rush'n Attack remake and Moon Diver, but apparently they are not really good games and i can live without them. :p

Yes, i hate when see some average/mediocre games that are over 1gb. I'm down to 7gb on my 250gb hdd and have another one (120gb), which is full with GoD games lol. Time to delete some dlc junk i guess. -_-

[quote name='eugaet']For those interested in Sniper Elite V2 DLC, the developer stated that there would be new DLC released to consoles sometime in the next few weeks. Don't hold your breath for the Landwehr Canal Pack DLC, though...they couldn't make it work within the limitations of the console engines, so that one will continue to be PC-only.[/QUOTE]

There is also a "complete" edition coming out in March, I believe. Not sure what it will include, but it says 5 DLC packs on the box art. Gamestop had it listed for $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back