XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing the me3 dlc reminded me about my unopened copy of me2, which made me have to ask 1 question. Should i play me1 before me2?

Fight Night Champion for $10 has me interested. I've already played a part of the story, but I ended up trading it in at the time. I remember the boss fight being extremely cheap and unfair so that'll really test my decision.

[quote name='phantom4']Seeing the me3 dlc reminded me about my unopened copy of me2, which made me have to ask 1 question. Should i play me1 before me2?[/QUOTE]

Yes!

[quote name='phantom4']Seeing the me3 dlc reminded me about my unopened copy of me2, which made me have to ask 1 question. Should i play me1 before me2?[/QUOTE]

Most definitely.

This is sorta my dilemma as well. I have all 3 ME titles (I even have 2 copies of the first, 1 digital, 1 Plat) but have not played any of them. Every time I think I am going to start the first game, the prospect of having to sit through all 3 just to "keep it going" makes me shelf the whole idea and play something else.

Only if your playing it for the story. And, well with RPGs story usually isn't very important...

It's also the best game in the series.

1>>2>3

Absolutely. (It's where I appear :cool:)

[quote name='labrat34']i have been checking reviews for shank 1 and 2, and for deathspank 1 and 2. I probably would get only 1 of these 4. Can those who have played provide recommendations? thanks![/QUOTE]

I also liked the Deathspank games slightly more than the Shank games. I also liked Shank 1 more than Shank 2 for some reason.

[quote name='PrinnyJ']Haha, wow, I totally missed the new thread, which explains why it kept getting lower on my subs. D'oh.

Anyway, I'm getting Deathspank 2 since I missed it last time it was on sale and didn't want to start 3 until I played 2. Also, yay for the DA2 Dlc that hasn't been on sale to go on sale, I still need to finish that game.

In case anyone cares, I really enjoyed the dlc for KoA, so I'd recommend it at half off.

Edit: The OP looks really good, nice job Tyler![/QUOTE]

Only thing I did with the OP was convert it to my name so I can change the title of the thread. The rest of the thanks goes to the community who keeps up the OP. Bloomy said he's gonna do a little cleanup, but I'm free for a while so if I don't see he's done anything in the next little bit I'll work on it.

Thanks Shinn for getting those deals in the OP.

[quote name='ooga']This is sorta my dilemma as well. I have all 3 ME titles (I even have 2 copies of the first, 1 digital, 1 Plat) but have not played any of them. Every time I think I am going to start the first game, the prospect of having to sit through all 3 just to "keep it going" makes me shelf the whole idea and play something else.[/QUOTE]

thats def. a huge feat in front of you, like saying ok im going to watch the whole Lost series now. But ME is great, if you like rpgs much youll get hooked, and it will fell less like keeping it going and more of excited to see whats next. ME2 was my favorite i think. good series, but youre in for a long haul for sure! i just broke my skyrim addiction having finished nearly all quests.

[quote name='Bloomy']I'll spend a little time cleaning up the OP.[/QUOTE]

ok so i was told it looked nice and good job by two different people , now your shitting on me telling people on this board it needs to be cleaned up (your words) it was my first time updating . trying to help people and this is your response

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']I also liked the Deathspank games slightly more than the Shank games. I also liked Shank 1 more than Shank 2 for some reason.

Only thing I did with the OP was convert it to my name so I can change the title of the thread. The rest of the thanks goes to the community who keeps up the OP. Bloomy said he's gonna do a little cleanup, but I'm free for a while so if I don't see he's done anything in the next little bit I'll work on it.

Thanks Shinn for getting those deals in the OP.[/QUOTE]

no problem, ever since i got laid off i have way too much time on my hands.

Ha, I went to buy both the Kingdoms of Amalur DLCs only to realize I already own both of them. Too bad I haven't even touched the game.

[quote name='shinn']no problem, ever since i got laid off i have way too much time on my hands.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you typed out all the info in the OP, but if you're interested, PM me if you want to find out a super easy way to get all that info in there.

Also, sorry to hear you were laid off. :whistle2:(

[quote name='tylerh1701']Bloomy said he's gonna do a little cleanup, but I'm free for a while so if I don't see he's done anything in the next little bit I'll work on it.[/QUOTE]

I added the XBLDB BBCode to the OP, moved the EA sales to the "open to all" section, put Dragon's Lair in the Kinect Central section, updated the loser deals for Scratch and Match and added next week's DOTW and Kinect Central sales (didn't add links for those, though).

Also sorry to hear you were laid off, shinn. Hope you find something else quickly.

[quote name='ooga']This is sorta my dilemma as well. I have all 3 ME titles (I even have 2 copies of the first, 1 digital, 1 Plat) but have not played any of them. Every time I think I am going to start the first game, the prospect of having to sit through all 3 just to "keep it going" makes me shelf the whole idea and play something else.[/QUOTE]
Trust me, it won't feel like a chore once you're actually playing it. :D I'm currently working through the series again on PS3, this is my seventh playthrough of ME1, so... yeah.

It's hard to say in 2013 if someone should play Mass Effect 1. I enjoyed it at the time, but the sequels are so much better that I don't know if I still remember what the original game was really like. I would say that if you aren't the type who gets too caught up in getting achievements, then you could easily play all 3 with some breaks for other games over the course of a few months.

Finally some decent sales. I'll definitely be getting Shank 1+2. I'd really like to get the Deathspank games, but I think I'll wait and hope they go down to 400msp soon(doubt that it'll happen). And I'm on the fence again with Warp.. As for next week I'll be getting Earthwork Jim and Zeno Clash UE (Finally! I was starting to think that the email was just a bunch of BS).

And I have to recommend Orcs Must Die! and Hydrophobia. If you played Dungeon Defenders and liked it, You should love Orcs! It's only downfall is no co-op. And I know Hydrophobia always gets a ton of hate, but i personally thought it was great. Definitely worth a try at only a measly 160msp.

Well finally a sale i can bite on.

I will definitely be purchasing all the DA2 DLC, even though I don't have the game yet. I'll consider the GoD for $10, but I'd prefer a physical copy.

I'll also buy the NFS Most Wanted DLC. I got the game for Christmas, but still haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

I'll probably pick up NFL Blitz also, after passing on it when it was on sale just a few weeks ago.

I definitely recommend Mass Effect 3 From Ashes, as it adds a lot story-wise to the game, as well as both Kingdoms of Amalur DLCs.

If Battlefield 3 premium were cheaper, I'd buy it, but at $40 I could just buy the premium edition of the game.

And for next week, I'll only be picking up Zeno Clash, even though I own it on Steam.

I realize this has been asked in the old thread before, but if I buy Madden 13 GoD, does it come with the online pass? I'm currently "renting" a copy from gamestop, and I've decided I'd like to own it, but I'm not keeping the used copy because I don't want to spend an extra $10. Also the GoD is the same price Madden seems to be everywhere right now.

[quote name='trent82']It's hard to say in 2013 if someone should play Mass Effect 1. I enjoyed it at the time, but the sequels are so much better that I don't know if I still remember what the original game was really like. I would say that if you aren't the type who gets too caught up in getting achievements, then you could easily play all 3 with some breaks for other games over the course of a few months.[/QUOTE]

My wife made the mistake of starting with ME2. She was upset in ME3 that a lot of stuff was chosen for her from ME1 and it felt less like her own game.

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']I realize this has been asked in the old thread before, but if I buy Madden 13 GoD, does it come with the online pass? I'm currently "renting" a copy from gamestop, and I've decided I'd like to own it, but I'm not keeping the used copy because I don't want to spend an extra $10. Also the GoD is the same price Madden seems to be everywhere right now.[/QUOTE]

Yes digital copies of games should always come with online passes. The goal of the online pass is to get consumers to buy the game new so publishers can see part of the revenue from the sale. Since digital is basically "new" in the sense that publishers get revenue from it, it will have the online pass.

It would be outrageous if a digital game that uses an online pass didn't come with one.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Trust me, it won't feel like a chore once you're actually playing it. :D I'm currently working through the series again on PS3, this is my seventh playthrough of ME1, so... yeah.[/QUOTE]

It took me a while to realize this, but I have an aversion towards a lot of things sci-fi. I really don't know why, but if you take the exact same game and change the settings to sci-fi, most of the time it loses its appeal to me. For example, I love Civ and I don't care for Alpha Centauri. I enjoyed the first two DeathSpank games and I can't bring myself to even start the third one. I look forward to playing Dragon Age and KOA, but the thought of starting Mass Effect or Deus Ex makes me want to load up a puzzle game instead. Yeah I know it's weird, and I have no idea why I do this. I guess I can relate more to things that are based in reality (ie a sword instead of a photon rifle).

Being the silly person I am though, I buy everything including sci-fi stuff. So I keep convincing myself that at some point I will play all these titles I am hoarding. The tough part is putting the disc in the drive, starting the game, then coming back to it when I finish for the day or take a break.

So yeah, this will be a chore and not just because it's a time consuming task. ;)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Only if your playing it for the story. And, well with RPGs story usually isn't very important...

It's also the best game in the series.

1>>2>3[/QUOTE]

Story isn't important in an RPG? Are you high?

[quote name='Clown069']Story isn't important in an RPG? Are you high?[/QUOTE]

Your sarcasm detector needs to be re calibrated. :)

[quote name='ooga']It took me a while to realize this, but I have an aversion towards a lot of things sci-fi. I really don't know why, but if you take the exact same game and change the settings to sci-fi, most of the time it loses its appeal to me. For example, I love Civ and I don't care for Alpha Centauri. I enjoyed the first two DeathSpank games and I can't bring myself to even start the third one. I look forward to playing Dragon Age and KOA, but the thought of starting Mass Effect or Deus Ex makes me want to load up a puzzle game instead. Yeah I know it's weird, and I have no idea why I do this. I guess I can relate more to things that are based in reality (ie a sword instead of a photon rifle).

Being the silly person I am though, I buy everything including sci-fi stuff. So I keep convincing myself that at some point I will play all these titles I am hoarding. The tough part is putting the disc in the drive, starting the game, then coming back to it when I finish for the day or take a break.

So yeah, this will be a chore and not just because it's a time consuming task. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way for the most part. So far Halo and Mass Effect are the only two things that are sci-fi that I can get into. I've never even watched a single Star Wars or Matrix movie just because of this. I'd much rather have fantasy then sci-fi any day.

If it weren't for the characters/story, I probably would not have beaten ME1. It's a technical mess with bad framerate, screen tearing, lots of freezing during autosaves, and bad UE3 texture pop-in that made me wish that MS didn't rush that game out.

can anyone tell me if the bf3 shortcuts are worth buying..what do you get with them anyway...also ive been waiting for preminum to go down but 40 is too much

[quote name='crazylox2001']can anyone tell me if the bf3 shortcuts are worth buying..what do you get with them anyway...also ive been waiting for preminum to go down but 40 is too much[/QUOTE]
It just unlocks all of the weapons, gear, and such so you don't have to play the multiplayer to do so.

[quote name='Gore']Only 20% off of mega man. I'll continue to wait.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My backlog of games will keep me occupied for another 12 months while Capcom looks up the definition of "sale". ;)

I've been waiting for Mega Man 9 to go on sale ever since I bought Mega Man 10 on sale for 50% off two Easters ago. PS+ gave us both for free, great, but I already own Mega Man 10 for 360, and I like achievements, so my OCD tells me to get Mega Man 9 for 360 instead, if it ever goes on sale. It finally does, and it's only 20% off? Rrrrrreaaaaallllyyyy? After so long? And after PS+ owners just got it for free? I mean... REALLY? Nevermind, I'll tell my OCD to take a long walk off a short dock and go play them on PS3 instead. I guess that's a sign of someone telling me I'm stupid for wanting to give one company money for a game I already own on a competitor's console.

Slight exaggeration on the word "own" but still, pretty damn close.

[quote name='Vap']I'm the same way for the most part. So far Halo and Mass Effect are the only two things that are sci-fi that I can get into. I've never even watched a single Star Wars or Matrix movie just because of this. I'd much rather have fantasy then sci-fi any day.[/QUOTE]

I can't even get into Halo or Mass Effect, and I really want to get into those games. The only sci-fi I like are the recent Star Trek movie and anything with robots. (Binary Domain - robots that are so advanced that they look human and don't even know that they're not human? I jizzed in my pants.)

[quote name='whitereflection']I can't even get into Halo or Mass Effect, and I really want to get into those games. The only sci-fi I like are the recent Star Trek movie and anything with robots. (Binary Domain - robots that are so advanced that they look human and don't even know that they're not human? I jizzed in my pants.)[/QUOTE]

You should check out Blade Runner. Once you see that you will think Binary Domain's story is trash like the rest of us.

[quote name='mpaullin']You should check out Blade Runner. Once you see that you will think Binary Domain's story is trash like the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

You have a family of mice in your pocket? Or is that the voices in your head? ;)

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Just got SSX for 600 on hungarian marketplace

[/QUOTE]

are there any differences between the hungarian and american versions of SSX?

like different songs or anything like that?

[quote name='Barry Burton']are there any differences between the hungarian and american versions of SSX?

like different songs or anything like that?[/QUOTE]
not that i can tell

I just imagined you and Barry Burton - Barry Burton being the girl in your avatar pic - having that convo in person and you responding without even looking up.

Haha, Capcom won't even try to build up some good faith by giving me those dlc chars for 50% off to go along with the 2013 update. They have made it too easy to avoid at 20 bucks and now 15.

I am starting to waver on buying DA2 DLC. I have yet to play DA:O from my back log and it is $17 for all the DLC for DA2. Essentially it is about $10 with my cost on points but even 1360 points is a lot to spend on a game I may not play this year. The only thing I worry about is EA does not put the stuff on Sale much and with the new systems coming I wonder what happens to a lot this DLC.

[quote name='Vap']I'm the same way for the most part. So far Halo and Mass Effect are the only two things that are sci-fi that I can get into. I've never even watched a single Star Wars or Matrix movie just because of this. I'd much rather have fantasy then sci-fi any day.[/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough, one could make the argument that Star Wars is more fantasy than science fiction given the setting (ancient past), the lack of any viable scientific basis for the technology presented, and a protracted emphasis on magical abilities, fate, etc. I would argue Star Wars has more in common with ancient mythology and is more closely related to the works of Tolkien than Bradbury, Ellison, etc.

I was hoping to find a deal on Autovista Car pack in order to augment my Forza 4 Essentials Edition that I got with my Black Friday Xbox 360 bundle, but what I really want is a big sale on the Forza Horizon Season Pass. I find it ironic that the Forza Horizon Season Pass has always stayed at that ridiculous 4000 Microsoft Points ($49.99) price, while the game itself has been as low as $10 on Black Friday (and this price was from Microsoft's own stores, of all places).

[quote name='mpaullin']You should check out Blade Runner. Once you see that you will think Binary Domain's story is trash like the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

I'll never understand why people love Blade Runner. It was a terrible film with no story that went nowhere. Awful.

Picked up Deathspank 1 & 2, Shank 1 & 2, and all of the DA2 DLC.

Was very pleasantly suprised when I logged on and saw this sale today. Should sate my appetite for a while.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'll never understand why people love Blade Runner. It was a terrible film with no story that went nowhere. Awful.[/QUOTE]

I thought that the first time I watched it too. It was so boring and the story went nowhere.

For some reason, I gave it another chance years later. On the second viewing I realized what a fucking masterpiece it is. Now it's one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back