XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Shank 1 and 2 are on my short list of greatest beat em ups of all time. Though Shank 2 almost renders Shank 1 obsolete, Shank 1 benefits from having a real story.

If you can get these on Steam, it might be a better deal. Though split screen play is far easier on Xbox.

The mm games are good deals IMO. If they were on a physical platform they'd retail for at least $30 a pop and no one would complain.
SF x tekken on the other hand is weak sauce. Capcom really has lost any sense of good PR. Sell the characters at 5 to get people into the game. At $15 only the hardcore will bite.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Figured they aren't anywhere as polished or satisfying as Mark of the Ninja (hanging enemies to freak other people to kill their companions is something i want seen in more games now), but I kinda feel obligated to still give it a shot anyways though. Plus it's half off so I won't feel too swindled if I'm cursing in anger at how much of a step back it is in gameplay.[/QUOTE]

They're really not much of a step back from Mark of the Ninja, they're both very good games. But the Shank games and MotN have very little in common gameplay-wise, they're two different genres entirely.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Um so I guess there is even more ME3 DLC on the way? So see you guys this time next year when finally all ME3 DLC wil be on sale.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/730038/mass-effect-3-dlc-teased-in-screens/[/QUOTE]

I hope so but don't press your luck too much.

I could've sworn that they would've come out with a Mass Effect 2 GOTY or all inclusive package already on disc for 360 since they had a DLC included in the platinum hits version of ME1, but they never did. Only the PS3 got close but still ended up missing out on a piece of DLC on disc.

Thinking that way, I missed out on the ME2 DLC sales when they appeared to come around all the time. Now, that stuff hasn't been on sale in a long time. A LONGGGGGG time.

I am still sticking to my guns with the ME2 stuff until it goes on sale because with my backlog, I don't care. But I will get the ME3 stuff just in case now. I got the last ME3 DLC that went on sale awhile back and I'll get this one.

[quote name='sicsonic']ok cool. so far that's:

sicsonic
Blade3D
Indignate (maybe?)

if we get more then 4 that want to, we could just break up in multiples of 4...[/QUOTE]

if it gets around to being organized im in

[quote name='Benisjamin']Is the XBLA NFL Blitz anything like NFL Blitz 2000 on N64?[/QUOTE]

It's basically the same game, except they took out late hits. You can't tackle players anymore after plays.

Sooo, it's not worth buying.

[quote name='gtbrigs']It's basically the same game, except they took out late hits. You can't tackle players anymore after plays.

Sooo, it's not worth buying.[/QUOTE]

Ah man, what? That was one of the best parts!

[quote name='sicsonic']Who wants to play 4 player online Scott Pilgrim when it comes out next week? We should get some names together and have a CAG online game/s. :)[/QUOTE]

I'd be down. I loved SP. 100%ed it before the first DLC came out. For $2 I'll bite when it releases. It'll give me the excuse I need to play the other DLC and reobtain my 100%.

Also, Shank is really fun. Haven't played the second one yet, but since it was free for PS+ I'm having a hard time paying 400msp just to play it on the same console I played the first one on.. (OCD in me says keep them on the same console)

[quote name='fac ownage']xbl sub: $16 for mega man 9 & 10
ps plus: free

why psn makes xbl look like a joke, in a nutshell. MS needs to step it up.[/QUOTE]
Enjoy your rentals that you had no choice in picking

[quote name='sicsonic']ok cool. so far that's:

sicsonic
Blade3D
Indignate (maybe?)

if we get more then 4 that want to, we could just break up in multiples of 4...[/QUOTE]

I'll play, just remind me about the time and date.

why psn makes xbl look like a joke, in a nutshell. MS needs to step it up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Enjoy your rentals that you had no choice in picking[/QUOTE]

To be fair, this thread isn't the best to be discussing PSN and PS+. But I still can't help but to :roll: at comments like Jayson's.

[quote name='UndyingCarnage']Can anyone confirm if the GoD version of SSX comes with an Online Pass?[/QUOTE]

I thought we already went over this. GOD games never need a pass.

That's not necessarily true. There's a handful of GoD games that doesn't include the passes. I just don't wanna spend $15 without knowing for sure.

[quote name='ooga']I thought we already went over this. GOD games never need a pass.[/QUOTE]

That's not necessarily true. There's a handful of GoD games that doesn't include the passes. I just don't wanna spend $15 without knowing for sure.

I absolutely agree.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I think they should have at least made it 50% off.[/QUOTE]

I want to say they've both been 50% off before, I have MM 9 & 10 and I can't believe I'd have paid 800 points apiece.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Enjoy your rentals that you had no choice in picking[/QUOTE]

what about the heavily discounted games? they discount critically acclaimed games weekly by 75%...also, i will enjoy my free rentals, thank you. like im going to be caring about mega man 10 in three years, lol

When sales of high quality appears, this thread just overflows with activity. This week will make me run through my remaining Microsoft Points from my estimation at this time. I am waiting until the change of the month to make my purchases, in hopes the February Xbox Rewards offer would stack with the bargains this week.

EA keeps making discount offers on the 360, even when they had another week of them not too long ago, and I just start considering purchases. I keep telling myself to avoid EA games if possible, because I just don't want to deal with getting to the game from my backlog on their schedule opposed to my own choice in my schedule due to EA server shutdowns. However, I'll grab the SSX content, because I enjoyed the previous editions of the game series (the backwards compatible SSX 3 finds its way into my 360 every now and then; I don't have Tricky for Xbox). I will probably pay the 400MSP for Shank 2, even though I have it on another platform (it was given with membership to their service) just to keep consistent with the first game in the series which I first got on the 360 (from a prior discount offer). Too bad now that I've given up on a 360 edition of Mass Effect 2 that's complete with all the DLC will be available, they stopped offering the DLC at significant discounts (50% or more).

Since the likeliness of a complete edition of Dragon Age 2 feels improbable, and I have waited for any form of discount on the DLC, I'll take what I can get at this time. Sure I'd prefer if they were all at 50% or more of a discount, but I am not sure if I'd see them offered again. Did the signature edition of Dragon Age 2 come with anything not included in The Exiled Prince (and all the preorder formerly exclusive stuff they gave out for free this past holiday season)?

Similarly, it seems Capcom gives no love to the 360, maybe those prices are just reflective of Microsoft not taking their cut or something (just speculating). I didn't choose to wait for a discount for Megaman 9 on release; as it stands, had I waited for a discount on the 360, I would need to be a gold member to save 200MSP after a bit over 4 years, but I probably would have broken and taken what I could get, so I understand if others feel the same way. I did double dip on another platform the game was available for because it was given to those who paid for their service, but it is so enjoyable to me that I wouldn't mind playing it again, besides, I find 9 much better than 10.

The same trend of minor discounts continues with Capcom's offering of characters and costumes for Street Fighter X Tekken. Again, I'd begrudgingly make the purchase because of the pittance of a discount, but I still intend on getting the game for the competing platform for its product differentiation, and hope there will be a proper bundle discount on the added content (I know, on-disc). This bothers me a bit, because I have been waiting on discounts for costumes for other Capcom fighters which I have chosen the 360 platform for, such as Street Fighter 4 (the costumes transfer over to the later edition), Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. The cost of the bundles (I want them all) are still priced too high for me to make a purchase, and if Capcom is only at best willing to place a 25% discount on the combined 5480MSP of the bundles of content (my horrid math says the price would be around 4110MSP), despite my desire for the content, I will have to live without them at that price. It is the same issue I have with all the Dead or Alive 5 and Otomedius Excellent, although I want the DLC, all of it, but I just cannot commit that much Microsoft Points to the game, in part because I see it inflating the amount I will spend towards the game (which I don't mind for games I love, but eventually there is a limit to how much I am willing to spend). I guess at best this tempers my expectations when/if the additional costumes for the other Capcom fighters get a discount.

[quote name='Dustinator']Almost makes me wanna save this quote since it's so fucking hilarious[/QUOTE]

It was for the few which may know from an old Dreamcast game trailer, Illbleed. Which I found amusing at the time, enough to give the game a try (wasn't good in its day, but I can appreciate it for being quirky different). Without that trailer, I probably would have not paid any attention to the game back then.

[quote name='ooga']Damn, all these arcade games on sale and I have all of them. I guess I should be glad, my HD is down to it's last 10 Gigs of free space.[/QUOTE]

I'm there with you at just under 10GBs of space left on a 250GB. That's already with me getting rid of all the stuff I felt were expendable. I guess the next set of things to be culled for deletion are all the indie titles I wanted to get to try but only few ever got so far (though I did buy a few, those stay). Even if I remove those, I think I only gain back about 5GBs. Pretty soon, my 360 will just have a whole bunch of USB sticks pointing out of it. Sure I can delete some games/DLC, but I actually do revisit quite a few games and I like to stay nimble/ready for some game sessions with friends. I rarely ever 100% anything (last one was Xbox Live Labs which has been removed from my hard drive). It would be easier to rectify had Microsoft allowed the primary storage option (main hard disk) capacity to adjust with the times (I think the largest allowed is 320GBs). I do value some convenience, just having everything there without me swapping hard drives. I wonder how people who play games as I and choose to buy from the Xbox music and video marketplaces manage, since the gaming portion already eats up more than what I have.

[quote name='Zonic505']Slightly annoyed that the Scott Pilgrim online pack still costs money, but $2 is still much better than $5. Plus it's nice to see it finally has a release date.[/QUOTE]

I am still doing the happy dance. Will make the purchase, twice (both platforms). It's been over a year or so that I've last played the game, this DLC should bring renewed interest. I look forward to playing this alongside others.

[quote name='mpaullin']So Skulls of the Shogun is coming out tomorrow. Don't know if this was discussed before, but is anyone else bummed that every version of it will have a discount at launch except Xbox? Kind of turning me off from a definite day one purchase.[/QUOTE]

I have come to grips with the Xbox being the premium platform for games, and the prices are reflective of that premium experience. Just look at the dashboard, years of Microsoft experience and a world class team of designers made it what it is today. I am sure the extra money for the Xbox version covers the cost of the resolution-independent vector graphics to be in high definition.

[quote name='nCogNeato']Any of you sci-fi or fantasy fans have a means of predicting the future?[/QUOTE]

Magic 8-ball.

Anyway, I typed enough for now, gotta save some for next time =P. Keep it civil everyone, I'll join the rest of you guys buying in a couple days. ^^

[quote name='benjamouth']I want to say they've both been 50% off before, I have MM 9 & 10 and I can't believe I'd have paid 800 points apiece.[/QUOTE]

According to XBLDB, this is the 4th time Mega Man 10's been on sale. The other 3 times were for 400 points, the last time was back in April 2011.

This is the first time Mega Man 9 has been on sale.

I bought MM9 on day 1 and MM10 the first time it went on sale. I've played a bit of MM9, but haven't unlocked any achievements.

[quote name='UndyingCarnage']That's not necessarily true. There's a handful of GoD games that doesn't include the passes. I just don't wanna spend $15 without knowing for sure.[/QUOTE]
such as?

[quote name='ivegotalobon']such as?[/QUOTE]

Saint's Row the Third
Need for Speed Shift 2
Skate 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Homefront
Kingdoms of Amalur
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Bulletstorm

Bascially a lot of EA published games. Which is why I'm on the fence.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']such as?[/QUOTE]

I was about to ask that myself. GoDs never need codes for online play and such. He must be thinking of things like season passes which are not included with physical copies ether.

[quote name='fac ownage']yyyyyup[/QUOTE]

This guy seems to be trolling and that first post seemed to be only to stir up hate on XBL and praise and then defend PS+. We really don't need that. That quote added nothing to the thread either. This is my first block in a long time.

@Crono-00 The Dragon Age II LE also had The Black Emporium DLC which added another shop to the game and I think some exclusive items. It's been years so I might be a little off but I do remember that and the Exiled Prince content. One of those may have been a pre-order bonus though.

I forgot the KoA DLC was on sale. I still don't have the game and last time the DLC was on sale I convinced myself I wouldn't get the game but now I kind of want it. I'll shop around to see if the disc can be obtained for cheap. I know BestBuy had it for $10 with GCU but that was the month before I subscribed.

I just tried the Skulls of the Shogun demo and man is it good. It makes me want a windows phone so I could play it asynchronously. Just want to wait until February to see what the Xbox rewards offer is for this month before grabbing it.

[quote name='Cleaner7']This guy seems to be trolling and that first post seemed to be only to stir up hate on XBL and praise and then defend PS+. We really don't need that. That quote added nothing to the thread either. This is my first block in a long time.
[/QUOTE]

Seriously. There's been a lot of hate going around recently. I haven't been able to figure out the reason, but it dampens what is probably one of my favorite places in all the web.

-B

[quote name='benjamouth']I want to say they've both been 50% off before, I have MM 9 & 10 and I can't believe I'd have paid 800 points apiece.[/QUOTE]

MM9 has definitely never been on sale before. Perhaps you picked it up during an XBL "spend x amount and get y amount back" deal.

[quote name='Crono-00']Did the signature edition of Dragon Age 2 come with anything not included in The Exiled Prince (and all the preorder formerly exclusive stuff they gave out for free this past holiday season)?[/QUOTE]

There's also some exclusive side shop that also contains a mirror to change your appearance. I think the Mabari Hound was also exclusive to that too.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']So it's safe to say that I a complete edition of DA2 won't be happening and I should pick up the DLC?

Same for KoA DLC?[/QUOTE]

There's doubt that a complete edition for DA2 will happen.

A KoA complete will never happen.

[quote name='fac ownage']what about the heavily discounted games? they discount critically acclaimed games weekly by 75%...also, i will enjoy my free rentals, thank you. like im going to be caring about mega man 10 in three years, lol[/QUOTE]
That doesn't happen and I love that you think Mega Man is a fad.

This has to be a Spambot right? Someone taught them how to respond now?

[quote name='Indignate']

There's doubt that a complete edition for DA2 will happen.

A KoA complete will never happen.[/QUOTE]

Like Mass Effect 2, right?:roll:

But maybe can happen if the third is out this generation.

After all it took 3 years to Bioshock 2 get his complete edition.

So anything can happen ... or nothing. LOL

Edit: Seeing EA revenue for DLC I begin to doubt we will see another complete edition from them.

Capcom, we still want Code Veronica HD at 1/2 off. Do it to it.

BTW, is Far Cry 3 getting any big expansions ala Skyrim style? That game has absorbed way too much time from me lately.

[quote name='Saren Arterius']Like Mass Effect 2, right?:roll:
[/QUOTE]

Is this to imply there is a complete edition of ME2? Because on the 360 there is not. Not even sure PS3 has all the DLC either.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Is this to imply there is a complete edition of ME2? Because on the 360 there is not. Not even sure PS3 has all the DLC either.[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the trilogy.

I just got kind of a weird acceptance into the Battleblock Theater beta. Says I can invite up to 2 friends to also join in with me in the beta. My guess is that this is just to try and increase the amount of people they get in the beta, since registrations for it are still open. Anyone else get something like this?

[quote name='tylerh1701']I just got kind of a weird acceptance into the Battleblock Theater beta. Says I can invite up to 2 friends to also join in with me in the beta. My guess is that this is just to try and increase the amount of people they get in the beta, since registrations for it are still open. Anyone else get something like this?[/QUOTE]
I Gave up after never getting my registration e-mail.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Gave up after never getting my registration e-mail.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I never got mine either. Anyway if you are interested in one of the 2 friend slots they gave me, PM me. If anyone else is interested, PM me as well and I'll give you the info. The email they sent me didn't mention anything about when the beta will actually begin.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya, I never got mine either. Anyway if you are interested in one of the 2 friend slots they gave me, PM me. If anyone else is interested, PM me as well and I'll give you the info. The email they sent me didn't mention anything about when the beta will actually begin.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, but I think I'll pass. I Got a three digit backlog and I'm sure I'll buy it anyways when it's half off. Though for some reason I'm spending my time going through NG+ in Mark of the Ninja...

[quote name='MightyHealthy']I'll still hold out for Feb. 1st just in case, but I believe this is February's offer:

[/LIST]
http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/#jan-fmi[/QUOTE]
I'm going to guess so as well. I Checked last year's February deal just to be sure it wasn't dated, but last February was 5% back on purchases. So I'm going to say that movie offer is correct. In short...time to partake in the EA sale.

[quote name='bardockkun']Thanks, but I think I'll pass. I Got a three digit backlog and I'm sure I'll buy it anyways when it's half off. Though for some reason I'm spending my time going through NG+ in Mark of the Ninja...[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that was a typo for your sake, but doubt it lol 3 digit backlog?! Holy smokes! I keep mine around 6-7 and freak out when it hits 10...I can't imagine having a backlog that huge.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up on the FEB offer. I've burned some BB Rewards certs for some cheap MSP and I'm ready for some DA2/KoA DLC, so I can buy now without caring about what FEBs offer will be.

its not really a backlog at that point, but rather a collection. the truth is you won't even play 1/3rd of those games. you'll add to them and it'll swell

[quote name='kdiddy1989']I'm hoping that was a typo for your sake, but doubt it lol 3 digit backlog?! Holy smokes! I keep mine around 6-7 and freak out when it hits 10...I can't imagine having a backlog that huge.[/QUOTE]
Way easy to do that. We live in an age where there's more good media than time to watch/play/read it all. Add a job and a family and you have no time for most of it.

I enjoyed Shank enough to blind buy the sequel, breaking one of my cardinal rules, "no demo, no buy."

I didn't like Becoming demo at all, but I recall somewhat enjoying the demo for the first Deathspank. Guess I'll give it another try and see if it's worth adding to the backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back