XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cornelius']Or Ubisoft can stop assuming their offshore "Chengdu" office (in China) will uphold & respect USA copyright law ... or at least have their Shanghai office beat some sense into their little brother.

Seriously, how do you run a staff of 170 folks ...

... and still only put out 3 simplistic 2D games?
  • 2009: Heroes Kingdom - Asian versions (Online)
  • 2010: Scott Pilgrim vs The World (XBLA & PSN) - in collaboration with Montreal
  • 2011: The Smurfs & Co. (Facebook)
[/QUOTE]

This is the official statement from Ubisoft "sent to Destructoid":

The downloadable content for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game has been delayed for fine-tuning and to incorporate feedback from the passionate Scott Pilgrim community. Ubisoft is addressing feedback from the community on the best ways to honor retro games in the Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game DLC in an accurate and respectful manner. Ubisoft, and the new team developing the DLC, respect creative properties and, of course, want to be sure to deliver a game experience that is a proper tribute to the Scott Pilgrim franchise.

That, to me, definitely sounds like that there's a new team working on the DLC and that's it's not the original Chengdu studio.

Another week of highs and lows for deals and stuff for Xbox Live. From my disappointment with Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game DLC pricing and eventual delay, to knowing I may have to gain some Bing points to get XBLA Cyber Troopers Virtual On from my international account, to the February Xbox Live Rewards offer doesn't apply to me nor stack with the sale purchases of this past week. At least we do know the sales coming up for the following week.

This past week had discounts that were not at the 50% discounts we are at peace with, but given the infrequency of the content showing up for price reductions, people like I chose to get anyway. EA mostly saved my week with the Dragon Age 2 DLC, SSX DLC, and Shank 2. I had already purchased Megaman 9-10, and the pittance of a discount on 9 after 4+ years doesn't make me regret not waiting.

For this thread, I didn't see much discussion on Skulls of the Shogun nor what was offered for winners of the scratch & match portion of the Sales & Specials + app. My curiosity was not satiated. Yet, as usual, everyone here keeps me well informed for my 360 purchases.

[quote name='Bloomy']With the talk of backlogs on the prior page, I'm a little curious what people consider a backlog to consist of. Is it solely games you haven't started yet? Do you include games you've started and intend to finish "someday"? Games you've beaten but haven't completed 100%, with varying degrees of completeness (achievements, stats, collection, others goals, or just to your own satisfaction)? Is there a generational statute of limitations, like only the current and immediately prior generations count?[/QUOTE]

I pretty much consider games in my backlog games which I am not "done" with. I am "done" with a game when I feel I had my fill of the game. Although most are titles I've not started (some are still in shrinkwrap, or I've only watched the intro), but other reasons I may not be "done" with a game typically consists of additional goals such as reasonably attainable achievements or seeing alternate side-quests/choices/dialogue/endings. Being "done" with a game does not necessarily mean finishing the game; I didn't find all the cubes of Fez, but I am at peace with where I left the game (because it was not enjoyable for me), nor did I get all the flags/feathers of Assassin's Creed games, and the 2 achievements at 10 gamerscore total for seeing the ending on Lost Planet: Colonies Edition on normal is enough. Basically I find it is just a thing of personal feeling when one is "done" with a game.

Now, I can be "done" with a game, but I still revisit some games just because I am in the mood for them. I could enjoy competition (fighting games, multiplayer aspects), attaining new high scores (Pinball FX2, Trials HD, etc.) or just enjoy the experience all over again (SVC: Streets of Rage, backwards compatible Xbox titles like Fable: The Lost Chapters, etc.). Also, when DLC for games I own gets a discount, I will move a game from the "done" section/pile back into the backlog (I'm "done" with Rage, but if its DLC gets a discount it goes back into my backlog). My constant revisiting of games partially accounts for my backlog to just build up, the other reasons include everyday life obligations and wonderful sales which just adds more for me to enjoy.

On the 360, I estimate I have around 233 titles between XBLA and disc I consider not "done" yet for my backlog at this time. I also have games on the PS3, PC, and Wii which are also not "done" but typically when I refer to my backlog on this thread, I am referring to my Xbox 360 backlog. There are also plenty of titles for older gaming systems I am not "done" with, but the thought is there and I have actually revisited those systems every now and then and played (and actually became "done" with). A backlog doesn't stop me from checking out newer hotness, but I do not shun the old busted; the backlog does give me the willpower to wait for discounts ^^.

[quote name='fac ownage']yyyyyup[/QUOTE]

Hey Lana, Lana, Lana ... Lanaaaaaaaaa

Danger Zone!

[quote name='Cleaner7']@Crono-00 The Dragon Age II LE also had The Black Emporium DLC which added another shop to the game and I think some exclusive items. It's been years so I might be a little off but I do remember that and the Exiled Prince content. One of those may have been a pre-order bonus though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Indignate']There's also some exclusive side shop that also contains a mirror to change your appearance. I think the Mabari Hound was also exclusive to that too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick replies! The Black Emporium and Mabari Warhound are part of the "Online Pass" of Dragon Age 2. So that tells me aside from the soundtrack and sweet black box cover art, buying The Exiled Prince DLC practically turns my regular edition (thanks $10 Best Buy sale) into the Signature Edition.

[quote name='whitereflection']No one here is rich, otherwise why would we be on this site? All the games you mentioned are fun including Street Fighter x Tekken, but the game without DLC already gives you 38 characters. Are you bored of them already? The DLC is just costumes and 12 more characters. Go with the game you think you'd want the most.[/QUOTE]

There are people like me, who plays fighting games extremely bad, but still enjoy the play of them. I don't have a pressing need to be amazing with one character, but I really do enjoy variety. As you can see when I am scrubbing it up here (don't watch, just skip around; I didn't know I was being recorded, but despite the description I am not top but rather the opposite), I played a few characters, none of which demonstrated there were my primary nor secondary characters I've worked on, while changing colors/palette [the game only has 1 character with an actual alternate costume]. I am the kind of person who likes playing around and switching things up, so additional characters and costumes has tons of value to me. I still wait for a sale for all the costumes and characters for the Street Fighter 4 games, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Otomedius Excellent, Dead or Alive 5, Soul Calibur 4-5, etc.; hard to image how I can afford everything in those games at base price, even at a 50% discount all that additional content I want for those titles is still asking a lot from me.

[quote name='labrat34']i have been checking reviews for shank 1 and 2, and for deathspank 1 and 2. I probably would get only 1 of these 4. Can those who have played provide recommendations? thanks![/QUOTE]

Whenever I give an opinion of mine, know that I'm typically the outlier with the really odd tastes.

I've not played Shank 2, but the first one I found quite enjoyable aside from a part where it rains rockets in which you should try to be judicious when you do a lunge attack or suffer going face-first into a practically death-dealing random rocket. Shank (1) will not take much time to complete (a positive for me), and I find it stylish in presentation with its hard-boiled grindhouse feel. Shank in play I find akin to old side-scrolling brawlers like Irem's Kung-Fu Master (NES Kung-Fu) or Vigilante. Since I am immune (at least resistant) to the repetitiveness of brawlers, and it is a really enjoyable genre of game for me, I recommend it.

I've only completed ("done") the first Deathspank and only completed to my estimation 20% of the second game. I think the games' writing feels like a barrage of joke attempts in which most will whiff, some mildly amusing, few can crack a smirk, and I think one or two actually got a giggle. The combat of Deathspank feels a bit of a mess despite the simplistic idea of switching buttons, I guess it is in part the trouble of potentially being unable to target specific enemies accurately in a fast and frenetic situation with multiple enemies. Strangely enough, I think this is the first time I've ever fallen asleep on combat in a videogame (maybe it was due to chemical imbalances at the time or it could be the game, I cannot say). As a warning which I did not have, there are times in the Deathspank games when the area to do low-level quests are beyond areas of enemies which are much greater level than I was, I mistakenly took those areas as "not time to go to this location" warnings; the only way to know is to go through the horde of overleveled enemies and risk death to see if there is a correctly leveled area beyond it (or find out via FAQ which I did not do), I never did and I typically ended out with quests which I had leveled past and when I returned to the areas I found the now way underleveled low level zones just there for completion. I stopped (not "done") at my estimated 20% of Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue because by that point I felt the game had already overstayed its welcome at the time, so I think the 2nd game may be significantly longer than the first. I love Ron Gilbert's work on the Monkey Island games (and I do love those games), so when I am disappointed by the Deathspank games so far, my heart is a bit broken. I only bought The Baconing just to complete the set of games (the first two were on discount simultaneously at the time I made the purchase, and why not when the last was on discount when I was already 2/3rds in).

[quote name='shinn']no problem, ever since i got laid off i have way too much time on my hands.[/QUOTE]

shinn, I hope you gain employment back soon. It's sad to hear. Plus I know you enjoy games as I do, and must feed the CAG habit ^^.

[quote name='Zonic505']Wow, lame to hear the Scott Pilgrim DLC is $5. Not to mention there's a bit of a controversy involving some sprites being taken from Sonic Battle.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I had thought some timings for some of Paul Robertson's animations seemed eerily similar to the timings of animations on other games which he did not work on (like say the Metal Slug Mars People deaths, or some kicks which I felt were in a Garou game). At this time I do not feel they are blatantly stealing, but re-adapting some animations. I think it is in the realm similar to piece of art re-adapted for parody. I just find it a shame the DLC was delayed for this.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Not that I've seen, but then he rarely covers PS news.[/QUOTE]

:applause: I found this funny too as I read it :lol:

As for a Namco-Bandai sale, I'd love if the 360 would get one as well. I'd definitely welcome discounts on DLC for Enslaved, Soul Calibur 4-5, and Ridge Racer 6 off the top of my head.

Fortunately, I think my virtual wallet gets another break this coming week, since I don't think I'll be making any new purchases based on what we already know of the Deal of the Week. This coming Wednesday's XBLA game Special Forces: Team X really does not interest me at all. So it is up to the Sales & Specials + app now that I won't be making a Scott Pilgrim purchase.

EDIT: I guess I will betray my edit reason "signature" (but keep it the same) and actually post the link because it does reflect a bit on the "borrowing" of the Wallace DLC for Scott Pilgrim, besides it is kinda fun ^^ ... so without further ado: Streets of Rage

[quote name='Chrono Gear']At least it's only a very small part of the game that should be relatively easy to change-it's not like it's a bug they have to figure out how to solve, it's just an animation that has to be replaced.[/QUOTE]

Apparently you haven't been following how much time there's been in between all of this delays its had? There losing sales by the day/week/month/(what is it, years now?) and I'm sure they know that. There's really only going to be a select few that still play Scott Pilgrim, willing to buy the DLC, and willing to wait. There's also going to be a lot that just say, "screw it", if they haven't already.

Oh, I have been following. While I can understand that argument, here we are how far out post release and the same group of fans are clamouring for that DLC? I'd wager that they probably aren't losing too many more sales at this point.

DOTW

Alan Wake’s American Nightmare - 600msp (was 1200)
Earthworm Jim HD - 400msp (was 800)
Hybrid - 400msp (was 1200)
Hydrophobia - 160msp (was 400)
Orcs Must Die! - 600msp (was 1200)
Zeno Clash UE - 400msp (was 800)

Battlezone - 320msp (was 400)
Centipede & Millipede - 320msp (was 400)
Missile Command - 240msp (was 400)
Warlords - 240msp (was 400)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400msp (was 800)
D&D Daggerdale - 800msp (was 1200)
Alien Breed - 400msp (was 800)
Alien Breed 2: Assault - 400msp (was 800)
Alien Breed 3: Descent - 400msp (was 800)
AMY - 400msp (was 800)
Matt Hazard BBB - 800msp (was 1200)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400msp (was 800)
Puzzle Quest Galactrix - 1200msp (was 1600)
Rocketbowl - 400msp (was 800)
Worms 2: Armageddon - 400msp (was 800)
The UnderGarden
-Ludwig Pack - 80msp (was 160)
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
-Revenge of the Plague Lord - 400msp (was 700)

EDF 2017 - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price
Ben 10 Galactic Racing - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price
Ben 10 Ultimate Alien - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price
Madagascar 3 - 1600msp/20$ (was 2400/30$) US price

Onechanbara
-Full Date pack - 800msp (was 1600)
-Himiko : Extra Character Data - 240msp (was 500)
-Misery : Extra Character Data - 240msp (was 500)

Looks like Yar's Revenge is back and 50% off:

Yar's Revenge - 400msp

Sales & Specials+ app

Dance Central
-'Give me everything' Pitbull Ft. Ne-Yo - 120msp (was 240)
-'Low' Florida - 120msp (was 240)
-'Party rock anthem' LMFAO Ft. Lauren - 120msp (was 240)

Chain Reaction: Ninja Gaiden 3
Great Scythe - 120msp (was 240) > Metal Claws - 120msp (was 240) > Ninja Pack 1 - 400msp (was 800) > Ninja Pack 2 - 400msp (was 800)

Yar's Revenge seems to be back up on the store, and for 400 M(anic)S(treet)P(reachers) no less.
Screenshots scratch an itch for rail shooters that Crimson Dragon has rekindled for me... so, is it even remotely good and worth of its admission price?

[quote name='Sath666']Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
-Revenge of the Plague Lord - 400msp (was 700)[/QUOTE]

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!
Seriously, this one was never, ever, ever discounted as far as I can remember... snatching it NAO!!! :applause:

Also, about AMY... it was pretty much bashed everywhere, and for good reasons. Did programmers ever release some sort of patch to address at least the most game breaking bugs, like Dark Energy Digital did with Hydrophobia (not that they transformed it in a good game, but at least it became playable)?
It really saddened me that Paul Cuisset's new game after all this time was such a disaster, since his past adventure titles hold a firm position in my heart, so I'm willing to give him a second opportunity if someone can assure me that AMY is not the complete wreckage that almost everyone reported to be... :cry:

Warlords (old version) is also 240... I don't know if that's it's normal price but I thought it was 400?

[quote name='sicsonic']Warlords (old version) is also 240... I don't know if that's it's normal price but I thought it was 400?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

A bit interested in Matt Hazard, but 800msp is still too much for old xbla title...

Earth Defense Force 2017. This is one I missed out on, but a lot of friends recommend it to me as they say it feels like an oldschool Dreamcast game. Checking a few places for a new copy, it seems to run much more expensive than that. I really like supporting Japanese games seeing international releases since there are less and less of those these days. As far as buying new, is this a pretty decent deal?

[quote name='Sath666']Yep.

A bit interested in Matt Hazard, but 800msp is still too much for old xbla title...[/QUOTE]

Ah I didn't see your edited post... a few more games now, making it tougher to decide... :p

Sales & Specials+ app

Dance Central
-'Party rock anthem' LMFAO Ft. Lauren - 120msp (was 240)

Chain Reaction: Ninja Gaiden 3
Great Scythe - 120msp (was 240) > Metal Claws - 120msp (was 240) > Ninja Pack 1 - 400msp (was 800) > Ninja Pack 2 - 400msp (was 800)

[quote name='Nico0020']Earth Defense Force 2017. This is one I missed out on, but a lot of friends recommend it to me as they say it feels like an oldschool Dreamcast game. Checking a few places for a new copy, it seems to run much more expensive than that. I really like supporting Japanese games seeing international releases since there are less and less of those these days. As far as buying new, is this a pretty decent deal?[/QUOTE]

It depends on the price: I bought it years ago for €15-20 and never regretted that. It is still one of my guilty pleasures since I have yet to complete it on Hard and beyond, so from time to time I return to it to farm more armor and (hopefully) find new weapons. Their variety is commendable, and ranges from rifles and grenades to lasers, explosives, rocket launchers, turrets and more exotic ones.

Keep in mind that it is basically "Grind - The Game", as you'll have to roam its 50+ broad levels squishing ants, spiders, robots and spaceships many, many, many times to find armaments capable of letting you survive during the harder ones, since the enemies are absolutely UNFORGIVING in the late game. And you want to augment your health too: you start with 100 armor points, sometimes fallen critters drop power ups worth 1 (ONE) point that you stock from level to level, and you need a minimum of 3-4000 points to even APPROACH the last two difficulty levels.

On the other hand, some of the most rare and powerful loot has to be found only by playing with the harder settings, so you have a nice incentive to do so.

In short, it's very repetitive but fun, hard and very old school, so if you like TPS in which you mow down waves upon waves of enemies hoping that you can escape their gangbanging on your sorry little ass, then this is the game for you! :cool:

[quote name='Sath666']Sales & Specials+ app

Dance Central
-'Party rock anthem' LMFAO Ft. Lauren - 120msp (was 240)[/QUOTE]

Only a week after the "Buy Kinect games' DLCs and we'll give you back some points" promotion... how strange... :roll:

[quote name='Nico0020']Earth Defense Force 2017. This is one I missed out on, but a lot of friends recommend it to me as they say it feels like an oldschool Dreamcast game. Checking a few places for a new copy, it seems to run much more expensive than that. I really like supporting Japanese games seeing international releases since there are less and less of those these days. As far as buying new, is this a pretty decent deal?[/QUOTE]
Check your local Walmarts, I found a ton in the clearance section of mine along with Enchanted Arms, they were 7.50.

Didn't think i was a deal, but then again I guess everything is a deal to someone?

Anyhoo, if you have a Walmart near it might be worth looking where they normally have a holiday clearance section. I wouldn't waste gas going around to a ton though.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Check your local Walmarts, I found a ton in the clearance section of mine along with Enchanted Arms, they were 7.50.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that was the first one (2017) and not the second one (Insect Armageddon)? The first one is hard to find new for under $50.

[quote name='illennium']Are you sure that was the first one (2017) and not the second one (Insect Armageddon)? The first one is hard to find new for under $50.[/QUOTE]
No it's the one with the guy on the cover, just checked it's 2017.

Looking at it's release date makes sense though because it was in with NCAA 07 and 08 in the bin.

Enchanted Arms is 2006 too, I don't know maybe they're taking older stock out?

In with the holiday stuff, not the usual "guess who ordered too many Spongebob games?" game section

Can anyone comment on The Undergarden? I know just the DLC is on sale, but the game is cheap too and if I'm going to bite, I should get the DLC too (since it has cheeves).

Gonna be that guy for a minute and arrrrgggh, I was one of the more vocal ones for the PQ WotPL DLC sale and of course I caved and bought it TWO WEEKS ago. -__- Anything anyone else want to go on sale... maybe if i buy it at full price, it'll go on sale for you soon...

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Lot of people are going to be excited about the Puzzle Quest 1 DLC sale.[/QUOTE]
It has certainly been a looong wait for it be on sale:bouncy:

[quote name='whitereflection']Revenge of the Plague Lord is DLC right? I'll need Puzzle Quest to play it?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you need Puzzle Quest. It was on sale about a month ago.

[quote name='Sath666']A lot of deals today. Probably some of them are permanently reductions for this month[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering about that myself. Outside of the DOTW games and Mini-Ninjas, there weren't any other sales announced for this week, right?

Does anyone know if these Atari games are permanent price reductions? And why did Yar's Revenge come back at its normal price of 400? I thought Atari was going to start delisting their Xbox Live games?

I'd like many of those Atari games, but will probably just get Yar's Revenge (before they delist it again) because 320 points is a lot for old game ports. If they ever upgraded them to HD then maybe I could justify it. I recall the Yar's Revenge demo being good but controlling the reticule with the analog stick isn't the easiest thing. How ideal Yar's Revenge would've been with the PS3 Move.

I tried The Undergarden demo long ago, and it was really weird and time consuming. After a while I got stuck/frustrated and decided I have too many better games to play to be interested in it at any price.

I bought Puzzle Quest 1 & 2 when they were 400 each and haven't played them yet. I suppose I should get the DLC for 400 since everyone talks favorably of it. All of the non-DOTW sale prices are normal 1 week sales, right... or do I have to hurry and buy stuff right away?

Lots of stuff - any idea what on that list is a permanent drop?

I'd rather not have to go and buy a massive amount of MSP right now....

[quote name='Sath666']
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
-Revenge of the Plague Lord - 400msp (was 700)[/QUOTE]

Wow. I was just telling Tyler (maybe?) the other day that this should be his new white whale since it's never been on sale. And now it is. 400 points is still too much for the dlc, but I'll grab it just on principle. It will probably never been on sale again (either that or it will be on sale every week ;) )

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Doubt anyone will buy the NG3 stuff, but if they do fair warning: http://gematsu.com/2013/02/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-coming-to-ps3-xbox-360 Razor's Edge coming to the 360/PS3 in April according to a Japanese retailer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info! Was actually contemplating taking up some of those offers, but apparently Razor's Edge is much less of a disaster than the regular NG3, so if I can get a copy of that for the 360 I'll gladly wait.

Also, somewhat excited for Puzzle Quest DLC reduction, as I really enjoyed PQ and can now get 100% completion on it, but not sure I want to chuck the amount of time it will no doubt consume into it at the moment. Do people reckon the drop was a permanent price reduction? And therefore it may even be put on special later?

[quote name='ooga']Wow. I was just telling Tyler (maybe?) the other day that this should be his new white whale since it's never been on sale. And now it is. 400 points is still too much for the dlc, but I'll grab it just on principle. It will probably never been on sale again (either that or it will be on sale every week ;) )[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was me. Since I haven't completed Puzzle Quest 1, I wasn't all that interested in this DLC yet. But since it's on sale now I'll have to look into it.

I've got a feeling we've got a mix of price drops and the semblance of a "Going-Out-Of-Business" Atari sale that we always pine for before delistings. There are a few Atari things I'm gonna grab (such as Yar's Revenge and the original Warlords) in case they end up being delisted.

I wish they would have re-listed the new Warlords and put it on sale. All the damn Avatar crap is half off...

Good thing I held off in getting that SFxT DLC. Worst discount on it ever. Was that Cashcom or M$ that sets the prices? I mean, the former put up MM8 and 9 for free for PS+ members.

I'm going to work on the OP for a bit...

Done for now. Part of it still needs sorting which I'll work on in a few minutes.

Just on pure speculation, I'd say that the Atari stuff is on sale for a limited time, so you may want to act fairly quickly. Everything else (including the Team17 games) are price drops.

Of course the Atari stuff goes on sale. Right after everyone bought it thinking they would get delisted before getting a sale... Oh well. At least I'm only out $5 in discounts. I'm completely with Tyler on this one, they brought back Yar's Revenge but not the new Warlords? Ugh!!

At least I can console myself with getting Earthworm Jim after passing on it forever ago and regretting it. Also Puzzle Quest DLC seems like a good pickup since its been out forever with no discount. Too bad Matt Hazard wasn't discounted better. I'd be all over it for 400msp. I have no idea what Rocketbowl is but I'll check it out.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Of course the Atari stuff goes on sale. Right after everyone bought it thinking they would get delisted before getting a sale... Oh well.[/QUOTE]
Yep. All I'm out is $1 for the UnderGarden DLC though. Them's the breaks!

Regardless of the quality of the game, it's nce to see Amy finally getting a sale. I'm hoping that it is actually a sale and not a price drop since I already pulled the trigger, haha. Although who knows how long I'd have to wait for it to drop further. $5 is a reasonable price for a game whose concept intrigued me. Hopefully it's not as abysmal as the early reviews indicated. But I did play through Hydrophobia and didn't entirely hate it. So, maybe I have low standards. :D

Picked up:
Hydrophobia
Undergarden DLC
PQ Plague Lord

It was very painful clicking the purchase button on Hydrophobia and seeing that 1.11 GB size. This brings the free space on my HD down to single digits now. :(

I have everything else.

free to play for ps plus members. so happy i was smart enough to dump xbl in favor if plus- more, better deals on psn as well as all those freebies (rentals, w/e you call them).

[quote name='fac ownage']free to play for ps plus members. so happy i was smart enough to dump xbl in favor if plus- more, better deals on psn as well as all those freebies (rentals, w/e you call them).[/QUOTE]

What a useful contribution to the XBL thread. I hope we get more of your insightful comments soon!

[quote name='chipper_95']Should I go with American Nightmare or Orcs Must Die from the DOTW sales?[/QUOTE]

That's a tough one, they both have their shortcoming. I'd go with Alan Wake, I found some of the later levels in Orcs Must Die to be absolutely frustrating. It feels like the game should be built for cooperative play, but it's single player only. I feel like the game had a lot of potential, but the levels started getting too big for their own good.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Is the base game for puzzle quest on sale too or just the DLC?[/QUOTE]

Just the dlc

[quote name='chipper_95']Should I go with American Nightmare or Orcs Must Die from the DOTW sales?[/QUOTE]

Depends, do you liked Alan Wake?

Both are good games (the best on the sale I would say) but tend to become a bit repetitive.

In Alan Wake AN the gameplay and graphics are exactly the same so it feels more like an expansion there new weapons and enemies. The game based his story on three stages (hotel, observatory and theater) which for story reasons you will have to repeated three times each and lasts approximately 4-5 hours.

Then is another mode called Fight 'Till Dawn (Horde) where you fight for your life (until sun rises) in five different maps (another 3-4 hours but this mode is more replayable plus you can play to obtain better scores in leaderboards or five stars in each map) .

Orc Must Die is a tower defense game in the third person, where you must kill orcs using traps and your own weapons/magic and is very, very funny.

The game is divided into three acts, each with 8 levels and each time you finish one, the game will give you a new trap and when you finish unlock a new difficulty (nightmare) to play with all your traps and improvements since the beginning (aprox. 14 hours in the two dificulties, plus you can play to obtain better scores in leaderboards or five skulls in each map)

Sadly none have cooperative local or online (which would have been amazing), both are very good games but in my opinion Orc mus die is more fun, varied and achievements take time but are accessible to anyone.

I also recommend play the demo of both games because both games are excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back