XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminder, for those of us in the Pacific NW corner of the USA, Xbox points will be 20% off on Sunday, Feb. 3rd at your local Fred Meyer B&M. Details ...
-
[quote name='Cornelius']Up in the Pacific NW part of the USA ... Fred Meyer is once again having their "save $10/$20/$30 when you spend $50/$100/$150 in Apparel, Home, or Electronics" for 1 day only (Sunday, Feb 3rd). This means Xbox point cards (and GC's for other systems as well) will be 20% off.

Also on sale ... 12-month Xbox Live gold subscription cards will be marked down to 39.99 (regularly $59.99) for Sunday - Saturday. When you combine it with the Sunday-only "save $10/$20/$30" coupon (and provided you can find $10.01 more to buy), this brings the subscription cards down to $31.99, or 46.7% off the MSRP for 1 day only!

If you miss Sunday's price, drag your grandma/grandpa to Fred Meyer on Tuesday, Feb. 5th, where they get 10% off (for being ages 55 & up) on apparel, home, electronics, and F.M. food (except for a few price-controlled items like WiiU, iPad, Kindle, Nook, etc), making the subscription card still decently-priced at $35.99, or 4000-point cards for $44.99. :lol:

Online ads @ www.fredmeyer.com are typically printable, so you shouldn't need to find a paper copy.[/QUOTE]
-
YMMV if you can get away with "just" buying points (coming in 1-cent below the $50/$100/$150 thresholds), or if a stingy clerk will make you find the cheapest item within the Apparel, Home, or Electronics departments.

I simply cannot decide whether or not to pull the trigger on the DA2 Mark of the Assasin DLC. It not being half off is such a thumb in the eye. Why is Legacy half off but not Mark? I've waited this long and don't plan on playing it anytime soon with DS3 and Bioshock:I right around the corner, but who knows when it'll actually go on sale again since EA is stingy as hell (looking at you ME2 DLC! C'mon!). This is also the first time Mark has ever been on sale. What's everyone think? Are you all picking it up or waiting? All this over $2 I know:roll:...they don't call it CAG for nothin'.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Is SSX worth 15 bucks? I loved tricky, but didnt like SSX3 for PS2.[/QUOTE]

The core game of the new SSX tries to recapture the magic of SSX 3 but isn't entirely successful. There is a DLC pack for the game that looks like it was inspired by Tricky. IMO the game is well worth $15 but if you're just looking for the successor to Tricky you'll probably be disappointed.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']I simply cannot decide whether or not to pull the trigger on the DA2 Mark of the Assasin DLC. It not being half off is such a thumb in the eye. Why is Legacy half off but not Mark? I've waited this long and don't plan on playing it anytime soon with DS3 and Bioshock:I right around the corner, but who knows when it'll actually go on sale again since EA is stingy as hell (looking at you ME2 DLC! C'mon!). This is also the first time Mark has ever been on sale. What's everyone think? Are you all picking it up or waiting? All this over $2 I know:roll:...they don't call it CAG for nothin'.[/QUOTE]

I would just get it as I'm surprised EA even put it on sale at all.

i have a question about bing, i don't know where else to ask but i know a lot of people here use bing to earn microsoft points

i'm not earning credits with the searches i do on bing, it wouldn't work last night and it isn't working now

is anybody else having this problem? thanks

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']I simply cannot decide whether or not to pull the trigger on the DA2 Mark of the Assasin DLC. It not being half off is such a thumb in the eye. Why is Legacy half off but not Mark? I've waited this long and don't plan on playing it anytime soon with DS3 and Bioshock:I right around the corner, but who knows when it'll actually go on sale again since EA is stingy as hell (looking at you ME2 DLC! C'mon!). This is also the first time Mark has ever been on sale. What's everyone think? Are you all picking it up or waiting? All this over $2 I know:roll:...they don't call it CAG for nothin'.[/QUOTE]

I'd honestly say it has something to do with EA probably paying a bit more to have a known actress participate in it. So I'd imagine they're trying to eek out as much money from it as possible. Personally, I did enjoy the DLC and would suggest it if you like the game.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I feel the same you do. See "no reason" to buy a PS4 or Xbox720 (or whatever the hell they decide to call it :lol::lol:) when I have 100 or more games I've yet to play. I bought a Wii also (yes I admit it) when it dropped in price, and have hardly touched it, so there's even more games to play if and when I get around to them. I'll wait 2-3 years or more to buy both consoles (or whichever one seems to be "winning the war" if I choose only one). Also, shy of the game companies stopping making PS3 and Xbox 360 titles (which won't happen for at least a few years), I can live with those versions of titles.[/QUOTE]

I've heard A LOT of people echo this same sentiment (and I feel the same way myself). It will be interesting to see if we all stick to our guns when the new systems are hyped and they start showing us the new games. But if people do abstain, I can only imagine how that will impact sales.

People have been bashing the Wii U for less than stellar sales numbers, but I could easily see the same thing happening to Microsoft and Sony. Unless the new systems have a real system mover game or something that blows people out of the water, I feel like a lot of people are going to be satisfied with what they have now...especially when you factor in backlog.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Any one here recommend Warp for 400MSP?[/QUOTE]

It was $2.50 for PS+ a week ago. That being said I don't see Microsoft going cheaper than 400 anytime soon.

Oh, and I paid 800 when it came out and enjoyed it very much at that price.

[quote name='harry hood']ask bing support[/QUOTE]

I did and it said it could tak2 24 hours for a response

just wondering if i was the only one with the problem

[quote name='n8roseriouslysu']I've heard A LOT of people echo this same sentiment (and I feel the same way myself). It will be interesting to see if we all stick to our guns when the new systems are hyped and they start showing us the new games. But if people do abstain, I can only imagine how that will impact sales.

People have been bashing the Wii U for less than stellar sales numbers, but I could easily see the same thing happening to Microsoft and Sony. Unless the new systems have a real system mover game or something that blows people out of the water, I feel like a lot of people are going to be satisfied with what they have now...especially when you factor in backlog.[/QUOTE]

This.

But seriously, I didn't purchase my 360 until they made the slim version and worked out the kinks. And that's just what I plan on doing with the next gen systems.

I Purchased my 360 a few months after the Elite came out. So around two years or so after it's release? I Plan to basically do the same with the next console as well just so it can have at least a decent library of games. Buying consoles day one always seems like a bad decision on my end since I got a ridiculous backlog and I don't think I've bought a retail game for full price in years now.

I want to get the new Xbox and ps4 on release day. And if they do a revised version where I guess they will ill consider getting that if there's a price drop. I just think I'm to hyped over those two but they better be backwards compatible. If not I will have to break down and buy a new tv for the back room for my semi retired consoles since ill be out of space and almost out of Hdmi inputs on my tv if I ad anything else. Plus, I think it's cluttered as it is now and I might still decide to get a wii u also only with a price drop tho and some awesome games.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I've heard A LOT of people echo this same sentiment (and I feel the same way myself). It will be interesting to see if we all stick to our guns when the new systems are hyped and they start showing us the new games. But if people do abstain, I can only imagine how that will impact sales.

People have been bashing the Wii U for less than stellar sales numbers, but I could easily see the same thing happening to Microsoft and Sony. Unless the new systems have a real system mover game or something that blows people out of the water, I feel like a lot of people are going to be satisfied with what they have now...especially when you factor in backlog.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its gonna really take a big draw game for me to buy the new Xbox/PS4 at launch. I havent ever bought a console at launch since I started getting my own. Got a PS1 sometime in 99', a Gamecube for Christmas 03' (2 years after launch), an Xbox in early 05', a Wii in early 07' (the shortest span after launch I got a console and that was only cause the Xbox had a drive failure), and then my 360 in mid 08. I have a pretty sufficient backlog that will easily keep me occupied for the next year or so and with the ridiculous prices these consoles launch at I'm waiting for a long time before jumping in.

i was gona get ps3 for god of war acension and the last of us but theyre anouncing ps4 before they come out so i gota make gears of war judgement last until ps4 then ill play those 2 games for way cheaper anways

[quote name='Outlaw1986']I want to get the new Xbox and ps4 on release day. And if they do a revised version where I guess they will ill consider getting that if there's a price drop. I just think I'm to hyped over those two but they better be backwards compatible. If not I will have to break down and buy a new tv for the back room for my semi retired consoles since ill be out of space and almost out of Hdmi inputs on my tv if I ad anything else. Plus, I think it's cluttered as it is now and I might still decide to get a wii u also only with a price drop tho and some awesome games.[/QUOTE]

The next Xbox should be able to play 360 games, since the setup is similar. Won't know for sure until they announce it. Wouldn't count on PS4 playing PS3 games. Emulating the Cell processor is next to impossible with the hardware rumored. They could drop one in the hardware, like they did with the Emotion Engine to play PS2 games, but they have shown they don't really care too much about that. I wonder if current PSN games will work well with the new hardware, some of them do push the system...

[quote name='Barry Burton']i have a question about bing, i don't know where else to ask but i know a lot of people here use bing to earn microsoft points

i'm not earning credits with the searches i do on bing, it wouldn't work last night and it isn't working now

is anybody else having this problem? thanks[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one, tonight I did like 40 searches and earned 1 point...

last night it was working fine, so not sure what's going on. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I've heard A LOT of people echo this same sentiment (and I feel the same way myself). It will be interesting to see if we all stick to our guns when the new systems are hyped and they start showing us the new games. But if people do abstain, I can only imagine how that will impact sales.

The Wii U is last gen tech though, that's why it's having a hard time selling.

Microsoft and Sony's consoles will actually have experiences that can't be done on today's hardware.

The idea that we all "stick to our guns" and wait out is kind of silly, almost like justifying the fact that people have backlogs of games.

[quote name='uncle5555']You're not the only one, tonight I did like 40 searches and earned 1 point...

last night it was working fine, so not sure what's going on. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.[/QUOTE]I'm having the same issue. Sounds like it might be something on their end.

[quote name='Zonic505']I'm having the same issue. Sounds like it might be something on their end.[/QUOTE]

It's working for me.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']When the hell is the Star Trek TNG pinball table coming out? [/QUOTE]

This. And I want Addams Family too dammit.

[quote name='shivan128']This. And I want Addams Family too dammit.[/QUOTE]
The last news was that Farsight was in final negotiations with a new publisher and that we'd know more by end of January. Well, that's come and gone, which probably doesn't bode well. But PSN is supposedly getting new tables shortly.

So Playstation is getting a Namco sale tomorrow. The one thing I want is the Dark Souls DLC for 50% off. There was no mention of that from Major Nelson right?

[quote name='cancerman1120']So Playstation is getting a Namco sale tomorrow. The one thing I want is the Dark Souls DLC for 50% off. There was no mention of that from Major Nelson right?[/QUOTE]

Not that I've seen, but then he rarely covers PS news.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Not that I've seen, but then he rarely covers PS news.[/QUOTE]

What I meant was there was no mention of a Namco Sale from Nelson on the 360.

No there's been no mention of a Namco sale or a Dark Souls DLC sale as of now. It's possible that one pops up, but it's unlikely.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So Playstation is getting a Namco sale tomorrow. The one thing I want is the Dark Souls DLC for 50% off. There was no mention of that from Major Nelson right?[/QUOTE]
I would buy the dlc at half off D=

[quote name='cancerman1120']What I meant was there was no mention of a Namco Sale from Nelson on the 360.[/QUOTE]

I know. I was trying to be cheeky.

[quote name='simmias']I chuckled.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it I got the laugh I was looking for. :D

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I know. I was trying to be cheeky.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought you were just being funny but on CAG you never know. :lol:

[quote name='tylerh1701']Scott Pilgrim DLC was delayed again.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/04/scott-pilgrim-dlc-delayed-again/[/QUOTE]

Wow. MAYBE, MAYYYYYBE this bs will make them change it back to 160 pts. Whenever it actually comes out. Silver lining.

OT-in mass effect 3, does anyone know how fast your war readiness decreases, I know if you stop playing multiplayer for a while it drops back to 50%. But I can't find the info on booble

[quote name='bajingo']Wow. MAYBE, MAYYYYYBE this bs will make them change it back to 160 pts. Whenever it actually comes out. Silver lining.

OT-in mass effect 3, does anyone know how fast your war readiness decreases, I know if you stop playing multiplayer for a while it drops back to 50%. But I can't find the info on booble[/QUOTE]
I Think last I played it was somewhere around 3-5% for each day you miss, but like you said, it only drops to 50% though.

Wow, I hadn't seen how blatantly they ripped off the sprites from Sonic Battle until following the link in that Joystiq article.

F*CKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Who ever pointed out that Sonic Rivals sprite can go to hell.

This most likely will never see the light of day now.

[quote name='sicsonic']Who ever pointed out that Sonic Rivals sprite can go to hell.[/QUOTE]
Or Ubisoft can stop assuming their offshore "Chengdu" office (in China) will uphold & respect USA copyright law ... or at least have their Shanghai office beat some sense into their little brother.

Seriously, how do you run a staff of 170 folks ...
575129_10150899603251602_361519150_n.jpg

... and still only put out 3 simplistic 2D games?
  • 2009: Heroes Kingdom - Asian versions (Online)
  • 2010: Scott Pilgrim vs The World (XBLA & PSN) - in collaboration with Montreal
  • 2011: The Smurfs & Co. (Facebook)

[quote name='snakemaster2389']thats a crapload of chinese people lol. anyone have an idea what the sales are gonna be later around 5am est?[/QUOTE]

post #1 bro. Assorted arcade games going on sale. Now I have to figure out if Hydro is worth $2.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Scott Pilgrim DLC was delayed again.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/04/scott-pilgrim-dlc-delayed-again/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='simmias']Wow, I hadn't seen how blatantly they ripped off the sprites from Sonic Battle until following the link in that Joystiq article.[/QUOTE]

I don't give a crap about using recycled sprites. Gosh, it's not an Action 52 game.

Trolls and flamers- 1 (and many more whining battles they won), Gamers- 0

You don't care, but I'm sure SEGA cares. If it's okay for one company to use another company's resources, then that opens up a huge can of worms.

[quote name='Tsel']You don't care, but I'm sure SEGA cares. If it's okay for one company to use another company's resources, then that opens up a huge can of worms.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with Tsel here. IP rights are important and should not be taken lightly. It's a shame this wasn't found out after release cause then we could have scooped it up anyway. Now we will have to wait for them to remove and replace it. At least it's only a very small part of the game that should be relatively easy to change-it's not like it's a bug they have to figure out how to solve, it's just an animation that has to be replaced.

[quote name='Benisjamin']Is the XBLA NFL Blitz anything like NFL Blitz 2000 on N64?[/QUOTE]

Better ... it doesn't cost $100 with inflation-adjusted dollars. It costs 600 MSP, and I've got 738 MSP remaining to buy it ... touchdown! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back