XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zonic505']After playing a few chapters, I pretty much have to echo these statements. It's not something I would've gotten at $60, but for $20-ish, I would've been pleased. The graphics alone are worth the $3. Gameplay is simple & repetitive, but it works.[/QUOTE]

Having just wrapped up the demo I think I agree. I wasnt blown away with it by any means and wouldnt dare pay over $10 for it now (and even $10 is a stretch considering some of the games I've gotten at $10 or less) but for $3 or 280 MSP I guess its worth it.

Add me to the list for Civ Rev, or is that one of those games that's infinitely better on PC?

[quote name='chuckie88']Civilization Revolution was only released on consoles, (360, PS3, DS and also WinPhone and iOS maybe).[/QUOTE]

Oh, in that case, how is it on 360 then? I must be thinking of a different one on PC

[quote name='GamerDude316']Oh, in that case, how is it on 360 then? I must be thinking of a different one on PC[/QUOTE]

Civilization I-V have been released on the PC. Revolution is basically the console version.

[quote name='kayne2000']basically IGN hates it because it was 60 dollars and not COD. no this game is not a 10/10. but it is very worth 3 dollars. its beautiful, great soundtrack, interesting enough story(though yea it could of been told better) and the gameplay while not fantastic it isnt exactly broken either the gameplay does actually work without any hitches.

if you can accept this is not a AAA title. its great ride through a unique title. not every game has to be AAA 9/10 or higher. furthermore reviewers have a tendency to trash anything not named halo, GTA, or COD.

if this got released at 30 dollars it would been far better received and for 3 dollars its a damn fine game.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, that reviewer in particular doesn't care for multiplayer games at all. (He even goes as far as to play Borderlands alone.) He enjoys single player games much more. It's an annoying thing for people to critique an entire site of people who have vastly different tastes as one entity. Pick your reviewers, not your site.

(That said, even though I very much like that reviewer, I still bought it. I remember people hated Bloodforge, but I liked it. Hoping for the same!)

Well I decided to buy Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo Wars. My little brother has all the halo games, but the only one I own is Anniversary. I've never played any of them, and I figure It's worth $10 each to play online co-op (and some competitive) with my brothers. I also loved all the Age of Empire games, so Halo Wars was pretty much a no-brainer, especially since I already have all the DLC from when my brother bought them.

I'm not going to buy any of the Assassin's Creed games; I own them all on disc and I still haven't finished Revelations.

For the titles on sale for the week, I'll definitely buy Tomb Raider, and I'll probably buy GRAW 2, Call of Juarez, and El Shaddai. I'll have to look into Dark Messiah to see if it's worth $3. Any opinions on it? All others I'd be interested in I already own on disc.

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']Well I decided to buy Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo Wars. My little brother has all the halo games, but the only one I own is Anniversary. I've never played any of them, and I figure It's worth $10 each to play online co-op (and some competitive) with my brothers. I also loved all the Age of Empire games, so Halo Wars was pretty much a no-brainer, especially since I already have all the DLC from when my brother bought them.

I'm not going to buy any of the Assassin's Creed games; I own them all on disc and I still haven't finished Revelations.

For the titles on sale for the week, I'll definitely buy Tomb Raider, and I'll probably buy GRAW 2, Call of Juarez, and El Shaddai. I'll have to look into Dark Messiah to see if it's worth $3. Any opinions on it? All others I'd be interested in I already own on disc.[/QUOTE]

Dark Messiah is pretty cool. Made by the guys who did Dishonored and you can kinda see that a lil bit when u play as the assassin. Fun game and it has online play also.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Oh, in that case, how is it on 360 then? I must be thinking of a different one on PC[/QUOTE]

the game is good fun. it is quick civilization. you can get through matches within 1-3 hours so do not expect the same level of depth. that said it is good fun. a couple of achievemenhts might allude you forever as they are pure luck based.

the real problems are

1. netcode. even when system linking the game might spazz out and disconnect. for whatever reason the netcode is pretty terrible in this game. though maybe you spend 100 dollars on super awesome internet a month and this wont be an issue. yea i use cable internet but still the internet is bad in this game. and as i said even when i played system link(and i played it ALOT) the game would disconnect.

2. the AI. the AI no matter the nation are all war mongers. the AI also uses the old logic of if you havent explored this area and it is thus covered in a crowd units will just magically spawn infinitely. peace treaties are impossible to maintain permanently and the water game and using ships are mostly useless in this game except to hope to explore and find some hidden artifacts and get a good boost or EXP or whatever they give you.

3. because it is so short you can if you are skilled enough cheese it pretty well. but thats a fault on the player i dont try and cheese it although to be fair some technologies are mostly useless in this game due to the rapid pace of it all.

that said the game has some good fun to it. if you want a quick round of civ this is the game. i wish they would of made a second one to iron out some issues. i also want to note since this game is so fast the combat system is really well done. and since this civ mostly focuses on that(although you can win in i think one of 5 ways?) it is good the combat is well done. and this game has all the elements of civ just generally speaking toned down so the match will end in 2 or 3 hours at the most

id recommend it. i bought it at 60 and would of recommended it

[quote name='ooga'] I can't believe I am actually considering buying a "traditional" Tomb Raider game. This is how far I've sunk......

The problem now is that I have to clear up some space on the old HD. I FINALLY removed the piece of free garbage called Discovered, so I have a little more room. But 10 GB free will not go very far. Time to do some housecleaning I suppose. And yes, I know that I don't have to download every game I buy. I just want to. :)
[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, TR:Legend was the first 360 game that really hooked me in and I got my first 1000 GS from--until the bastards added that dlc that eventually became a standalone game.

Also, I see some other people grumbling about needing to make room on their hdds,don't forget you can always move games or DLC you're afraid to not have readily-at-hand onto any [sizeable] spare thumbdrives--or hell, even some "too small to actually use as a backup anymore" external USB drives; it'd been mentioned a while back and I thought it would be timely to "bump" this tidbit to anyone struggling for space right now. :wave:

[quote name='snakemaster2389']Dark Messiah is pretty cool. Made by the guys who did Dishonored and you can kinda see that a lil bit when u play as the assassin. Fun game and it has online play also.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I guess I'll be picking it up then.

[EDIT: Doh! Missed the end of a page cutoff by a few minutes, sorry for starting a new one -_-]

I've taken a break from buying stuff for my 360 since the 80MSP for that one skills pack for Dead Rising 2 (still waiting on the last one to get a discount. I managed to brave through Lucidity at 400MSP last week, but this week's many deals will entice me to start my spending again. Now with all the activity with low prices, I can't help just getting in on the buying action. I really do hope I can hold out until Friday for discounts which I am interested in, so long as they also apply to the March rewards offer. The temptation is tough, and I hope the OP is accurate about the titles that will be discounted the whole week under the Ultimate Game Sale (opposed to the daily ones, which fortunately for the first day I already have the Halo titles on disc).

These coming days are going to keep my Microsoft Point wallet busy. The beast that is the backlog, continues to grow despite my effort to tame it. Just when I think I am finally making progress, new discounts just undo my good "work," but I wouldn't have it any other way ^^.

So far, El Shaddai is at a price which I will forgo an actual physical disc copy. I will want some of your opinions on Dark Messiah of Might & Magic: Elements, because the 240MSP isn't asking much, but I wonder if it is worth adding to a backlog with it (my backlog does tend to consist of titles I had really desired to play, but with low prices, it is worth giving some titles of lesser interest a shot); I'm just hoping there would be some hate to warrant me passing on it (as I did with the Daggerdale game which was not worth my effort creating another international Live tag). My 250GB hard drive is already pressed for space, and I do have a couple 32GB USB 2.0 sticks at the ready, my console is just not a pretty thing to look at with all the things sticking out of it (even has 2 old 512MB memory cards too for this old model).

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The loser deals from the sales app are both Bionic Commando games at half off.

Take note that Amazon sells a compilation disc which includes BC2 for a little over $10.[/QUOTE]

Now all I need to know is what one gets for winning the Scratch & Match.

I really should consider the possibility of just double dipping on some XBLA titles on a disc, had games like Trials HD, Limbo, 'Splosion Man, Plants Vs. Zombies, Peggle, etc. been released on disc before a Deal of the Week on those titles got to me (even better with discount Microsoft Points), maybe I would have that little bit of extra space on my 360's hard drive to complain about the lack of space a bit less (I'll still complain ^^). Then it would betray me being the CAG that I am having spent on a game again just for hard drive space. Just saying, the thought is there.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']In case anyone is interested, the next round of Dead or Alive 5 costume DLC has finally been released for 360, and the price is reduced for a limited time to make up for the delay. The Hotties Swimsuit set is $6.00 and the Fighter set is $1.00.[/QUOTE]

Every time they release more DLC for the game, I want the main game for less and less. The DLC which I do want for the game (all but the one with the male characters in their underwear; not discriminating, I'm confident enough in my sexuality, just not my thing I'd pay money for ^^) all together creates the whole game for me, and that means the price is actually triple the cost for me =(. So I guess I will get this bundle now while it is less costly, since I do not think there will be a complete edition on the 360. [Yes, I would download the Fighter set if it were free, granted 80MSP is as close to that for DLC without being one for Bulletwitch, but as I said, nothing I'd pay for =P]

[quote name='tylerh1701']It hasn't been mentioned in this thread, like Chrono said this is a wiki thread so anyone is able to update it with any known sales. At some point myself, Bloomy, or Cornelius will update it, but until that time it's not updated. It's unreasonable to expect the OP to be updated as soon as a game goes on sale, even if the thread was run by one person I don't think that would happen.

But the only deals that will expire today are for Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo Reach, and Halo Wars. Everything else will go on for at least a week right now.[/QUOTE]

I'll take the time to give continued respect to those who take the time and effort to edit the wiki for the benefit of many others. If one isn't willing to put for some effort and time to make the necessary corrections, then a complaint shouldn't just be made. One can ask about formatting, but not complain about a wiki. I wish I could have information beneficial to the OP in order to make worthwhile changes.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Two achievements for reaching the #2 and #1 spots on the global ranked leaderboard for the multiplayer... Brutal![/QUOTE]

My stance on achievements are "fun goals" to try to obtain, but I don't need to get them all. Yet, I am pretty disgusted with the concept of leaderboard based (gamerscore) achievements; one would think topping a leaderboard already means something (not saying good or bad, depends on game =P), but games like Quake 4, Kane & Lynch, some Fight Night games (I think), Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, [GUNNM (love the comic back in the day) says Lost Planet 2 as well,] etc. still insists on having them. They kind of hit a nerve for me because somehow something tells me they are some sort of politics amongst players of the game rather than just pure accomplishment. This type of achievement makes me want to slap the game designer responsible for them (the "are you stupid?!" kind of slap).

[quote name='Rollobobo']Am I the only one who is kinda pumped for Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds?

It looks like a cross between Scott Pilgrim and Guardian Heroes!!![/QUOTE]

I am now assured my posts do not get read ^^. For the giggles, I wanted to know how many times I have mentioned Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, on the Xbox Live deal threads, and I found 6 postings, some even with youtube links (one example from old thread). I'm not going to flood with all the examples, but take my word for it, six times, more than the guy who was trying to promote the avatar football indie title. So, I am really hyped about the game. Just to make things clear, I have no vested interest in the game being sold, I just really love what it seemed to be: pixel art goodness, with the gameplay of a Guardian Heroes, from a franchise that I had wanted to get to my front door (preorder got cancelled from amazon.com). My hype will translate to a day one, non-discount purchase; I'm not even going to hold out for the month change for the rewards on this one, that's how much I had desired the game.

[quote name='Vortextk']A mediocre game that clicks with me is better than every triple AAA 9.5 game that I think was fun but not quite what I wanted. Not to say both can't happen at once.[/QUOTE]

Fist ... bump

Jojo's and the Model-2 fighters will continue to drain my 360 funds next week, but given the great sales for the next few days, I hope I can make it there with Microsoft Points ^^. I'm enjoying this ride already.

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']Well I decided to buy Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo Wars. My little brother has all the halo games, but the only one I own is Anniversary. I've never played any of them, and I figure It's worth $10 each to play online co-op (and some competitive) with my brothers. I also loved all the Age of Empire games, so Halo Wars was pretty much a no-brainer, especially since I already have all the DLC from when my brother bought them.

For the titles on sale for the week, I'll definitely buy Tomb Raider, and I'll probably buy GRAW 2, Call of Juarez, and El Shaddai. I'll have to look into Dark Messiah to see if it's worth $3. Any opinions on it? All others I'd be interested in I already own on disc.[/QUOTE]

FYI the Halo 3 ODST package has a disk that has all of the Halo 3 MP maps on it. The other disc in the package is the ODST campaign and Firefight mode (which is WAY better than the Reach version of it.)

Was on the fence for Revelations, since I hoped for a more interesting (read, higher) discount, but then I spotted the Classics edition at a local store for a tenner (that's pretty much a rarity in itself, average Italian pricing considered) and bought it there... now I'm eager for Resident Evil Day :)

Glad to finally get El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron. Been wanting that one for a while but was waiting for a cheap price...now was the perfect time to get it.

Glad I held off on getting Resident Evil 4 HD all this time. Getting that for sure when it goes on sale.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI the Halo 3 ODST package has a disk that has all of the Halo 3 MP maps on it. The other disc in the package is the ODST campaign and Firefight mode (which is WAY better than the Reach version of it.)[/QUOTE]
ODST FF Rules! :D;)

[quote name='kayne2000']
id recommend it. i bought it at 60 and would of recommended it[/QUOTE]

I whole wholeheartedly agree with pretty much everything you stated. I also hate how,

1. Can't negotiate passage through someone else territory. You want through you have to declare war. Though more than half the time you can just ask for peace and the AI will give it to you, early on that is.

2. AI doesn't actually play better on higher difficulties than king it just cheats. As stated with the cities, and whole freaking armies just appearing out of the mist next to your capital even though you have their entire civilization surrounded by a embargo.

3. Can't raze cities. This especially peeves me since the AI picks the absolute worst places to place a city.....constantly.

Despite it's faults, it's one of my favorite games of all time. It got me into the Civy series on the computer, which is an entirely different monster as I found out, when I finally got a machine capable of running one. It a shame we never got a sequel to revolution.

Bought The Darkness for 440msp, because... why not? At that price I might enjoy killing some mafia guys with my demonic powers :D

Yeah Civ V was the one I was thinking of.

Kinda torn on El Shaddai. I played the demo last night and was not impressed, but at $3 I could enjoy it. But my backlog is already pretty steady...

XBLDB picked up on a markdown for Serious Sam 3 and the Jewel of the Nile DLC / multiplayer component. Both are down to 800. Not as good as the 600 each were during the 2012 holiday sale.

Need to get to work, so I don't have time right now to update the OP or hunt around the Net to see if it's a sale or price drop. At 4 months since release, seems like it might be a bit early for a price drop unless it wasn't selling well.

[quote name='GamerDude316']

Add me to the list for Civ Rev, or is that one of those games that's infinitely better on PC?[/QUOTE]

Civ Revolution is an extremely shallow version of a traditional Civ game. Not that it's a bad thing. Some people don't care for all the Micromanagement that a typical Civ game requires. Revolution is certainly fun. It was the first game I got 1000 GS in and enjoyed doing so. I also own the DS version and play it every now on them when I am on the go. It's just that Civ veterans will be very disappointed if they go in thinking that they'll have a similar experience as the one they got playing the PC games.

dunno how many of you visit the free thread but duck dynasty season 1 and 2 season passes are free for a few days. grab it while you can.

[quote name='ooga']Civ Revolution is an extremely shallow version of a traditional Civ game. Not that it's a bad thing. Some people don't care for all the Micromanagement that a typical Civ game requires. Revolution is certainly fun. It was the first game I got 1000 GS in and enjoyed doing so. I also own the DS version and play it every now on them when I am on the go. It's just that Civ veterans will be very disappointed if they go in thinking that they'll have a similar experience as the one they got playing the PC games.[/QUOTE]

I like civ rev. I prefer console gaming.

[quote name='thenutman69321']How are none of the AC games $5? I've owned them all and I would have re bought 1 or 2 if they were $5.[/QUOTE]

No shit - I would have easily replayed AC1 if it were $5...

[quote name='Dthib87']dunno how many of you visit the free thread but duck dynasty season 1 and 2 season passes are free for a few days. grab it while you can.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I just might jump on that. I never think to look at that thread, so thanks for the heads up.

The Gears 3 season pass is looking mighty tasty, as are the many cheap Sega games next week. Come on, tax return!

[quote name='thenutman69321']How are none of the AC games $5? I've owned them all and I would have re bought 1 or 2 if they were $5.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about all these prices, didnt some one claim to "know" that sale prices on xbl are between MS and the publisher. So maybe they came to each publisher of the games to go on sale and asked what their bottom dollar was for a digital copy of said games. Ubisoft said 'uhh uhh girlfriend, nothing cheaper than $10.' just a theory that could explain the wild fluctuation in pricing.

[quote name='E.Nich']Bought The Darkness for 440msp, because... why not? At that price I might enjoy killing some mafia guys with my demonic powers :D[/QUOTE]
How is that game? I downloaded the demo but I haven't been able to play it yet. Is it worth the $5 lol?

[quote name='Masters_93']How is that game? I downloaded the demo but I haven't been able to play it yet. Is it worth the $5 lol?[/QUOTE]

The Darkness is definitely showing its age, but I'd easily recommend it for $5. My only real gripe other than infrequent control frustrations is that the pace is a little slow.

[quote name='Masters_93']How is that game? I downloaded the demo but I haven't been able to play it yet. Is it worth the $5 lol?[/QUOTE]

I played this game about a year or so after release and it is definitely worth $5. Not sure how well the gameplay has aged but I remember having lots of fun. Plus the story is excellent and tugs at the heartstrings in a few places.

Agreed with you on that! I can't see paying $10 each for these virtual games. I guess I will keep waiting.

Off topic but looks like the NEXUIZ arcade servers are now officially down for good. I bought it for 200msp and never even got to play it. Oh well I guess I can delete it and get 1GB back of memory.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Off topic but looks like the NEXUIZ arcade servers are now officially down for good. I bought it for 200msp and never even got to play it. Oh well I guess I can delete it and get 1GB back of memory.[/QUOTE]

Really? Shit.

[quote name='Tsel']Wow, I never even played it. I'm assuming there's no offline mode?[/QUOTE]

I always assumed it was a online based game with no single player but i may be wrong. Either way since it is now unable to be completed achievement wise Im not touching it ever since I have a completionist in me.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Off topic but looks like the NEXUIZ arcade servers are now officially down for good. I bought it for 200msp and never even got to play it. Oh well I guess I can delete it and get 1GB back of memory.[/QUOTE]
fuck, That sucks. I played it every once in a while and was about 85% done with the Mutate achievement (the last one I need). I hate unobtainable achievements! :headache:

Also, I highly recommend Bioshock (obviously) and The Darkness to anybody who wasn't played them.

"important note"... Have any of you guys noticed that when you go for the "loser deals" on the Sales&Specials app, the games are trials if your profile is not signed in?

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']I always assumed it was a online based game with no single player but i may be wrong. Either way since it is now unable to be completed achievement wise Im not touching it ever since I have a completionist in me.[/QUOTE]

I believe Nexuiz has bot support.

Just to let you guys know though 10 of the 12 achievements are for multiplayer online so they are unobtainable now. I know most of you dont care but just a little FYI.

[quote name='Gscept']"important note"... Have any of you guys noticed that when you go for the "loser deals" on the Sales&Specials app, the games are trials if your profile is not signed in?[/QUOTE]

Meaning that they (for some reason)keep the license for the game. Ive verified this by downloading the game on my buddys console first(with my profile) and then on my console and it only works on the console i stay signed in on

[quote name='ooga']Civ Revolution is an extremely shallow version of a traditional Civ game. Not that it's a bad thing. Some people don't care for all the Micromanagement that a typical Civ game requires. Revolution is certainly fun. It was the first game I got 1000 GS in and enjoyed doing so. I also own the DS version and play it every now on them when I am on the go. It's just that Civ veterans will be very disappointed if they go in thinking that they'll have a similar experience as the one they got playing the PC games.[/QUOTE]
Even if it's not as complex/detailed/deep as the PC games, Civ Rev isn't anywhere close to being a shallow game because they streamlined the Civ experience for a new audience and platforms. If you're a hardcore Civ veteran, you shouldn't be playing the game at all if you're expecting to get that exact same experience with a controller. The core addictive turn-based strategy experience is the same for both, which is why Civ Rev is a great game.

It's also a good game to be the gateway drug for the harder substances in the PC games, especially Civ V since that game was designed taking in everything they learned about UI design and all that from making Civ Rev. I got that on the cheap from Steam and my first game was a 12 hour marathon that was easy to get into because of my experience with Civ Rev. I also got Civ IV and played a little bit, but that game is definitely more complex in ways that I can only describe as being the result of only making PC games and iterations of the same style of game that were shaken up after making Civ Rev.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']fuck, That sucks. I played it every once in a while and was about 85% done with the Mutate achievement (the last one I need). I hate unobtainable achievements! :headache:

Also, I highly recommend Bioshock (obviously) and The Darkness to anybody who wasn't played them.[/QUOTE]

theres no excuse not to of played bioshock by now lol. one of the best games of this generation.

darkness is worth it. the controllers are kind of iffy in areas but by no means bad. this game was fun and tells the story wonderfully. i wish they would of kept that style for the second one although the second one was more fun to play.

Damn, I think I only needed an achievement or two on Nexuiz...

and I actually enjoyed it, me being big into those arcade quake/unreal type FPS'. the mutator system was a decently executed idea. RIP nexuiz (the remake).

Well, nexiuz was a waste of money.

I finally won the prize in the Sales app (I thought the thing glitched at first) and it was just some dumb avatar martial arts stance or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back