XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrclutch']so did any of you guys that picked up T WFC try the multiplayer? is it still active?[/QUOTE]

lol I don't have enough points to get WFC if I get AC3 season pass, dunwall trails! Well, actually that not true, but I won't have any for the Microsoft sale if I get them all.

I don't know if the WFC has an active multiplayer community still. Good question, I actually had a good time with the online demo. Someone please let us know.

Picked up 800 MSP from amazon, worked perfectly!

Bought Dishonored DLC, now let's see if any of the dotw arcade game is worth my money...

[quote name='MisterLemon']I'm seeing if anyone would spot me and promising I'd pay them back tomorrow since I'm flat broke.

Unfortunately no one yet so i'll probably stay up until 4am my time praying that the points come through, haha.[/QUOTE]
Awww, I'll take pity on you! Just cashed in for 100 MSP, and we'll see if it shows up in time.

[quote name='jthieme']Can anyone recommend the LA Noire DLC pass? I still havent' played the base game but that's the only thing the looks even slightly appealing to me in this sale. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
For $6 ... or less if you use Bing Rewards or buy points at a discount, such as CrazyGametime ... you get:
  • The Broderick Detective Suit ... melee & damage-resist
  • The Sharpshooter Detective Suit ... better accuracy
  • The Badge Pursuit Challenge & The Button Man Suit ... extra ammo
  • "The Naked City" Vice Case
  • "A Slip Of The Tongue" Traffic Case
  • "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case
  • "Reefer Madness" Vice Case
If it's worth $2 to speed up combat with extra ammo, accuracy, or melee abilities, why slog through a game with time-consuming tasks? Also, 4 extra cases will add several hours of gameplay, so even at $1 per mission per hour, that's now compensated you for all the investment of the "Rockstar Pass". If you already have the core game (rather than the "complete edition" which includes the PS3-exclusive mission), then this DLC pack is a no-brainer purchase @ this price.

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']It does not, the licensing agreement that kept you from using the Sleeping Dogs DLC on multiple consoles also applies to all DLC since the terms were last updated.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about this? I was able to get the Sleeping Dogs DLC to work on the second console if I re-downloaded it from the game's pause menu each time I wanted to play it.
Pinball FX tables I purchased after that worked as usual on both consoles.

[quote name='Cornelius']Assuming you bought both the game & the Season Pass from the same region ... :lol: ... the 1st console that you downloaded the DLC to will have it licensed for ALL users on 360, just like the same rules with XBLA games. On the 2nd 360 & thereafter, you'll need to have the DLC's purchasing account logged in for the DLC to be available to the account that purchased the core game.[/QUOTE]

Can you personally confirm that this works with this season pass? I'm just paranoid about having the hassle of all DLC only available on one console.

[quote name='Cornelius']Awww, I'll take pity on you! Just cashed in for 100 MSP, and we'll see if it shows up in time.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Even if it doesn't come through in time, the fact you'd do this for a stranger is lovely :)

Does anyone have any experiences with 3rd party HDDs? There are some 320 GB on Amazon for under $60 and this seems like a much better deal than buying multiple 32GB flash drives. I already know it won't come with original Xbox emulation and if switching HDD isn't a pain, this would work out beautifully for me.

At this point with all the stuff I bought from Live, I'd probably fill that up by the end of sunmer.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']lol I don't have enough points to get WFC if I get AC3 season pass, dunwall trails! Well, actually that not true, but I won't have any for the Microsoft sale if I get them all.

I don't know if the WFC has an active multiplayer community still. Good question, I actually had a good time with the online demo. Someone please let us know.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrclutch']so did any of you guys that picked up T WFC try the multiplayer? is it still active?[/QUOTE]

If I'm correct in thinking WFC is the first Transformers game, it was dead pretty much a month after it launched. Sure, you can probably find a few people playing it, but don't expect to be able to jump into a game like you would Halo or COD. A shame too, because the multiplayer is actually pretty fun. I might be confusing WFC with FOC though, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

I am so on the fence about getting DR2 and Shattered Dimensions on the "other" market. If they were 400 points it would be a no brainer but at 600 I am thinking by the time I play them I can find used copies for $10 assuming I even get through the backlog.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Does anyone have any experiences with 3rd party HDDs? There are some 320 GB on Amazon for under $60 and this seems like a much better deal than buying multiple 32GB flash drives. I already know it won't come with original Xbox emulation and if switching HDD isn't a pain, this would work out beautifully for me.

At this point with all the stuff I bought from Live, I'd probably fill that up by the end of sunmer.[/QUOTE]

I'd just be sure to check the reviews first. If they seem mostly positive, give it a go! If it doesn't work, amazon has always been good with refunds or replacements;)

[quote name='Cornelius']For $6 ... or less if you use Bing Rewards or buy points at a discount, such as CrazyGametime ... you get:
  • The Broderick Detective Suit ... melee & damage-resist
  • The Sharpshooter Detective Suit ... better accuracy
  • The Badge Pursuit Challenge & The Button Man Suit ... extra ammo
  • "The Naked City" Vice Case
  • "A Slip Of The Tongue" Traffic Case
  • "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case
  • "Reefer Madness" Vice Case
If it's worth $2 to speed up combat with extra ammo, accuracy, or melee abilities, why slog through a game with time-consuming tasks? Also, 4 extra cases will add several hours of gameplay, so even at $1 per mission per hour, that's now compensated you for all the investment of the "Rockstar Pass". If you already have the core game (rather than the "complete edition" which includes the PS3-exclusive mission), then this DLC pack is a no-brainer purchase @ this price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you talked me into it. The achievement whore in me likes games that I can 100% with no online achievements so I will eventually get around to tackling this one, and speeding up the game is always appealing.

I don't think many people still play the MP for it, I traded in my copy a few months ago because I could never find a match.

TF:FOC still has a lot of people playing online though

[quote name='Cornelius']Awww, I'll take pity on you! Just cashed in for 100 MSP, and we'll see if it shows up in time.[/QUOTE]
I'm, like, eight times as poor as that guy. Did I say eight? I meant sixteen.

Still curious as to what the the Microsoft Studio Sale will have on sale tomorrow. I'm still hoping we get Minecraft for half off.

[quote name='Vigilante']Of the eight XBLA games that will be on sale starting tomorrow through 4/8, can anyone recommend specific titles?[/QUOTE]

I'm sort of interested in this question as well. Not too familiar with many XBLA games, but Axel & Pixel and The Misadventures of PB W look interesting.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Does anyone have any experiences with 3rd party HDDs? There are some 320 GB on Amazon for under $60 and this seems like a much better deal than buying multiple 32GB flash drives. I already know it won't come with original Xbox emulation and if switching HDD isn't a pain, this would work out beautifully for me.

At this point with all the stuff I bought from Live, I'd probably fill that up by the end of sunmer.[/QUOTE]

I would recommend trying to find an official HDD on sale or used.

3rd party HDD's are a mixed bag. They'll usually work, but they have a good chance of screwing something up and in some cases they just won't work at all. Sometimes they'll corrupt your game data when you transfer content onto it, it could cause your games to not load, it could die within a few months or it could randomly delete everything that's on it or make it inaccessible.

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']I don't think many people still play the MP for it, I traded in my copy a few months ago because I could never find a match.

TF:FOC still has a lot of people playing online though[/QUOTE]

The single player game is great, and different in style and storytelling from TF:FOC, so it could be worth it just for that. I was playing the online feverishly a few weeks ago and really never had a problem finding a match. I mostly played Team Deathmatch though, and some Escalation.

[quote name='Vigilante']Of the eight XBLA games that will be on sale starting tomorrow through 4/8, can anyone recommend specific titles?[/QUOTE]

The Misadventure of PB Winterbottom is awesome:applause: I really don't get why more people haven't played it! Think Braid starring Snidely Whiplash. I got it when it was 200, and had a great time;) Highly, highly recommend to any puzzle fan:bouncy:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Think Braid starring Snidely Whiplash.[/QUOTE]

It's Braid without the pretentiousness. And it's much more fun.

[quote name='bardockkun']Still curious as to what the the Microsoft Studio Sale will have on sale tomorrow. I'm still hoping we get Minecraft for half off.[/QUOTE]

That would be outstanding, considering I'm definitely picking it up sometime this month either way as part of the rewards punchcards promo. Being able to get the "buy 4 XBLA games" one would be great too, as I would probably just end up with 3 otherwise

[quote name='Spokker']It's Braid without the pretentiousness. And it's much more fun.[/QUOTE]

I was just referring to the time manipulation aspects, and that was the best analogy I could think of;)

[quote name='Coper3000']I'm sort of interested in this question as well. Not too familiar with many XBLA games, but Axel & Pixel and The Misadventures of PB W look interesting.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend:

Mercury Hg (200MSP) - Fairly simple puzzle game where you control the floor and slide a glob of Mercury around to scroll over blocks and open up exits. If you enjoy puzzle games like that, it's easily worth 200MSP and has a decent amount of content.

Quarrel (200MSP) - A game that mixes the word-creation aspect of Scrabble with simple land control aspects of Risk. Easily worth 200MSP, though the computer gets really tough really quick.

Retro City Rampage (600MSP) - This is about as much as I'd recommend anyone pay for it. It reminded me of the old school GTA games that came out for PS1. There's a lot of top-down 8-bit action and tons of 80s and 90s references, but the gameplay can get stale and the I didn't find the controls to be top notch.

Swarm (200MSP) - Another easy recommendation, it's a very interesting game. You control a pack of up to 50 Swarmites and can make their grouping extremely small, wide, tall, etc. You pick up points throughout the level and try to maintain your multiplier. There's definitely more of an emphasis on maximizing your score than there is on completing levels. One drawback for some is that levels are locked behind the score you've gotten on a previous level, so there will be some replaying of levels to get more familiar with them and getting a better score.

Winterbottom (400MSP) - A quality puzzle game that reminds me of Braid as well. There are some extra time-manipulation mechanics involved in solving the puzzles, and I really enjoyed the old-timey style of the game.

The only one I'd actively NOT recommend is Puzzle Arcade, which is just a jigsaw puzzle game. The other 2 I haven't played so I can't give an opinion on them.

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']I would recommend trying to find an official HDD on sale or used.

3rd party HDD's are a mixed bag. They'll usually work, but they have a good chance of screwing something up and in some cases they just won't work at all. Sometimes they'll corrupt your game data when you transfer content onto it, it could cause your games to not load, it could die within a few months or it could randomly delete everything that's on it or make it inaccessible.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I took mrninjaSquirrel's advice and looked up reviews and compatibilty problems came up just enough to steer me away from it.

Also, I didn't know there was a Microsoft Studio sale tomorrow. I literally just bought Exit 2 and Omega 5 because I have lots of points and I'm convinced they will never go on sale. Only 12 XBLA demos on my HDD left and I got everything I always wanted for arcade games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'd recommend:

Mercury Hg (200MSP) - Fairly simple puzzle game where you control the floor and slide a glob of Mercury around to scroll over blocks and open up exits. If you enjoy puzzle games like that, it's easily worth 200MSP and has a decent amount of content.[/QUOTE]

I got pretty board with Mercury HQ pretty fast. Maybe the Wii version is different (the one I play), but there is just so little character in the environments that it gets pretty dull. I suppose for the price it might be worth it, and fans of Marble Madness and Monkey Ball will probably enjoy it, but I don't think it's the kind of game most people will ever complete. Just my two cents;)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Yeah, I took mrninjaSquirrel's advice and looked up reviews and compatibilty problems came up just enough to steer me away from it.

Also, I didn't know there was a Microsoft Studio sale tomorrow. I literally just bought Exit 2 and Omega 5 because I have lots of points and I'm convinced they will never go on sale. Only 12 XBLA demos on my HDD left and I got everything I always wanted for arcade games.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you join xbox rewards if you haven't already. This month they are giving away 800 points to anyone that spends 3200 on xbla games (as well as some other stuff). First decent reward since I joined a little bit back:applause:

[quote name='Tallkido']If you have season pass for ac3 you can get free outfit for your avatar (you need this Earned Uniquely Familiar Achievement and be experienced)
http://raptr.com/rewards/assassins-creed-xbox-wolf

Im still on the fence about it :([/QUOTE]

From what I've heard the DLC is pretty meh, as is much of the game. I'm hoarding all my points in hopes there will a sale on XBLA games and to spend them toward the punchcards (I think I've mentioned this:lol:). Here's one question that I just thought of though: do you have to be a gold member for it to count? I know some bonuses are gold only, and although I have some 1 and 3 month cards, I'd rather save them until I actually plan on playing online

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I got pretty board with Mercury HQ pretty fast. Maybe the Wii version is different (the one I play), but there is just so little character in the environments that it gets pretty dull. I suppose for the price it might be worth it, and fans of Marble Madness and Monkey Ball will probably enjoy it, but I don't think it's the kind of game most people will ever complete. Just my two cents;)[/QUOTE]

The punchcard promotion is available for everyone I believe! I didn't see anything saying it was Gold only on the site.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']From what I've heard the DLC is pretty meh, as is much of the game. I'm hoarding all my points in hopes there will a sale on XBLA games and to spend them toward the punchcards (I think I've mentioned this:lol:). Here's one question that I just thought of though: do you have to be a gold member for it to count? I know some bonuses are gold only, and although I have some 1 and 3 month cards, I'd rather save them until I actually plan on playing online[/QUOTE]

The punchcard promotion is available for everyone!

Major Nelson just tweeted that Dust: An Elysian Tail, Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja, and more will be 50% off as part of tomorrow's sale.

They can possibly redeem themselves with the Microsoft Studios sales...

I'm hoping for the Forza Horizon Rally Pack, Halo 4 Season Pass, Trials Riders of Doom DLC, Keflings Zombiesaurus DLC and Skulls of the Shogun.

None of those have been on sale yet.

But let's be realistic; it will probably be Halo Reach DLC and Gears 3 DLC... lame.

[quote name='louiedog']Major Nelson just tweeted that Dust: An Elysian Tail, Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja, and more will be 50% off as part of tomorrow's sale.[/QUOTE]
All repeats. (what a surprise)

I can completely recommend Dust for 1/2 off if you're into Metroid-style &/or hack-n-slash platformer games. Hoping the rest of the games will be good.

[quote name='louiedog']Major Nelson just tweeted that Dust: An Elysian Tail, Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja, and more will be 50% off as part of tomorrow's sale.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I already own everything that has been announced except RCR (which I'm buying) so that gives me a small amount of hope that something else I don't own might be on sale. Doubtful though lol.

I had 1300 MSP after picking up the MP3 season pass earlier in the week and I was able to buy MC:LA GonD, DR:CW and the Dishonored DLC leaving me with 20 MSP ha! I'm really debating on that ACIII pass since I have to buy points for RCR anyways. Decisions, decisions. My friend is getting me 4000 MSP with his employee discount this week so I'm trying to hold off and save all those points for the Play Rewards this month.

Still on the fence with the AC3 Season Pass...if I buy it I will have to buy more MSP in case I will do that 3200 MSP arcade offer on the other side it will be doubtful, that there are that many (good) games left to buy this month to get this amount together *sigh* #firstworldproblems

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Would you recommend it to someone that doesn't normally play adventure games?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Also, it's more of a puzzle game than an adventure game imo.

Bah, unless they have some GoD's then there's nothing for me to pick up. I already own all MS published XBLA titles worth a damn and then some.

Awesome, I missed the Mark of the Ninja sale before and really wanted to pick it up. Might get Dust as well, but I'm not sure yet.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Awesome, I missed the Mark of the Ninja sale before and really wanted to pick it up. Might get Dust as well, but I'm not sure yet.[/QUOTE]

Dust is very good

If it's like past Microsoft Game Studio sales, I wouldn't be surprised if some Twisted Pixel or Rare XBLA/GoD games were on sale, plus maybe Shadow Complex, Trials HD, Castle Crasher, &/or Limbo.

When GOTYs come out, are they usually full price? I've yet to play Skyrim and I'm doing the math of a Skyrim GoD code+DLC at these sale prices vs the cost of GOTY on its release day but I can't recall a GOTY price when it just comes out. Anyone know?

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Still on the fence with the AC3 Season Pass...if I buy it I will have to buy more MSP in case I will do that 3200 MSP arcade offer on the other side it will be doubtful, that there are that many (good) games left to buy this month to get this amount together *sigh* #firstworldproblems[/QUOTE]

come on guys a little help...already have all of the summer games which will be included in the microsoft sale, also almost got everything from tomorrows xbla dotw...soo any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back