XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='benjamouth']Finally.......Dark Sector on GoD !!!

Thought it was never going to happen.[/QUOTE]
Hey now, Dark Sector isn't all that bad. :)

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Wish they would put the whole Wallace & Gromit Series on sale, still only have the first episode..[/QUOTE]

Yep. Same here.

[quote name='bajingo']hilarious. Cant get your fatass off the couch 20 feet over to your computer to order a pizza, no problem! I feel like if they just threw in a single achievement for these crappy apps, they would see a decent spike in downloads.[/QUOTE]Achievement Unlocked!

"Large Order" - 10G
"Ordered a Large pizza using the Pizza Hut app"

"Tips & Tricks" - 15G
"Tipped the delivery boy 10 times over 10%"

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Pizza Hut is gross, but if they do this for Papa John's or Imo's I'll be happy to shout "LARGE!" at my television.[/QUOTE]
Pizza Hut pan pizza is foul and should be eradicated, but Papa Johns isn't any better. They include melted butter to disguise the fact their cheese is flavorless.

Just took advantage of Best Buy's 1600 points + 400 bonus points for $19.99. I am pretty sure I'm grabbing From Dust and Plants vs. Zombies...any thoughts on those 2 games?

I finally decided on buying I am Alive late last night, thankfully it was still discounted.

Some really good deals the next two weeks, but I already own most of want I want.

I may finally bite on Carcassonne, Catan, and/or NFL Blitz, though I've already passed on them multiple times that they were on sale.

[quote name='JBallerX']Just took advantage of Best Buy's 1600 points + 400 bonus points for $19.99. I am pretty sure I'm grabbing From Dust and Plants vs. Zombies...any thoughts on those 2 games?[/QUOTE]

From Dust was alright, nothing special really (from the trial, I don't have the full game). PvZ is literally on EVERYTHING so I don't think it's going to be that different but I'm sure if you enjoyed it on a different platform, you'll like it here.

[quote name='Masters_93']From Dust was alright, nothing special really (from the trial, I don't have the full game). PvZ is literally on EVERYTHING so I don't think it's going to be that different but I'm sure if you enjoyed it on a different platform, you'll like it here.[/QUOTE]

I have never played it on any platform (PVZ) so I'm in the dark about it. I have seen a lot of reviews for both games and they seem like solid titles.

Gonna bump my previous question: Does anyone think Catan is worth the 320MSP if I only plan on playing single player (i.e., against the computer)?

[quote name='Thrinn']Hey now, Dark Sector isn't all that bad. :)[/QUOTE]

I agree with this also. I just got this at the end of last year and it's a pretty fun game (especially for the 1.79 it goes for nowadays) but the fact that its being released to GoD in 2013 is laughable and a head scratcher. I had to do a double take and make sure I wasn't seeing Darksiders or even Dark Souls but nope...it was Dark Sector lol

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Screw the deals.

This is where It's at

LARGE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6xOuK4rketM[/QUOTE]

LOL @ the top comment "It comes through the disc tray, right?"

[quote name='JBallerX']I have never played it on any platform (PVZ) so I'm in the dark about it. I have seen a lot of reviews for both games and they seem like solid titles.[/QUOTE]
PvZ is pretty fun, you should give it a shot, if not on the 360, then SOMEWHERE.

This is where It's at

LARGE!
Video appears to be misleading. You can place the order without leaving your couch, but when the doorbell rings, I don't think the pizza will automatically appear on the table next to the couch. C'mon, Microsoft, I don't want to get off the couch to go to the door, either. "Embrace and extend" R.O.B. so I don't have to get off the couch at all.

[quote name='yokuo']PvZ is pretty fun, you should give it a shot, if not on the 360, then SOMEWHERE.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think those are the two that I will grab once I get home. I only need one more 800 point punch and I'll get 800 points back. So this is a no-brainer I guess. From Dust and PvZ...sounds good I guess!

[quote name='yokuo']PvZ is pretty fun, you should give it a shot, if not on the 360, then SOMEWHERE.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I thought it works best on a tablet but... my kids love the Nintendo DS version too. It's a surprisingly-solid game with a lot of good game-time to it, you won't regret buying it at sale price.

[quote name='E.Nich']I'll take that into account, thanks. Anyways it seems a lot of people like it, so I'll buy it, after all it's half off (I'd want it to be 200msp, but I'll make an effort :roll:).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, don't get me wrong I still think PacMan CE DX is worth 400 MSP, it's a very well made game, looks awesome, and plays well. It just didn't hook me the way it did with others I guess.

This is where It's at

LARGE!

Wow, that was so corny. But they just raised the price of my precious P'zone by 50 cents, so I guess if I order through my Xbox I can buy one back at normal price.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Pizza Hut is gross, but if they do this for Papa John's or Imo's I'll be happy to shout "LARGE!" at my television.[/QUOTE]

Pizza Hut is my favorite major pizza chain, by a wide margin.

[quote name='Bloomy']Video appears to be misleading. You can place the order without leaving your couch, but when the doorbell rings, I don't think the pizza will automatically appear on the table next to the couch. C'mon, Microsoft, I don't want to get off the couch to go to the door, either. "Embrace and extend" R.O.B. so I don't have to get off the couch at all.[/QUOTE]

:applause: I was thinking the same thing, knock knock knock, yeah come in it's open, money's on the table, ahh come on I had that guy!

I bought Battleblock Theater and Terraria at full price now I need to get two games at 400 pts each to fill out the punchcards. I either already have, or don't want everything coming up.

So I'm thinking about getting Simpsons arcade and the original Geometry Wars, or Rez HD, which I always wanted, for 800 pts and then GW original.

Any suggestions? Or are there other 400 pt games out there I may be missing that I should check out?

This is where It's at

LARGE!
Hahaha, fuck, they are turning my videogame's console in some familiar/social device where I can even order a pizza (if I lived in USA, that is). Between Kinect, the TV apps and now this, I guess that at this rate, in two more generations, maybe in the next, they will put commercial pop-ups meanwhile we are playing a game.

Ugh... I raged when I saw Blood Dragon is listed for 5/1 instead of 4/30. It was the main reason I decided to start filling the punchcard. Luckily I only wasted 800 on Trials 2 and decided to hold off on the rest until after I bought Blood Dragon. Guess I won't fill it after all. Hopefully the VIP award is just a stupid avatar item.

[quote name='Briar36']I bought Battleblock Theater and Terraria at full price now I need to get two games at 400 pts each to fill out the punchcards. I either already have, or don't want everything coming up.

So I'm thinking about getting Simpsons arcade and the original Geometry Wars, or Rez HD, which I always wanted, for 800 pts and then GW original.

Any suggestions? Or are there other 400 pt games out there I may be missing that I should check out?[/QUOTE]

well Rez HD is on a disc with Lumines Live and E4 for $4 at gamestop, so that doesn't seem like the best move IMO. Rotastic is one I tried recently, and had a decent amount of fun with. Not sure it's worth 400, as it feels kinda like a mobile game, but it's worth looking into. Cloning Clyde has got some good buzz on this thread, though personally I didn't care for the trial. Small Arms is basically a smash bros clone, so if that's your thing it might be worth 400. There aren't a ton of 400 point games I can think of honestly, maybe try the Dead Rising 2 spin offs?

[quote name='mpaullin']Gonna bump my previous question: Does anyone think Catan is worth the 320MSP if I only plan on playing single player (i.e., against the computer)?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Try the demo. I love this game and play the computer all the time.

[quote name='mpaullin']Gonna bump my previous question: Does anyone think Catan is worth the 320MSP if I only plan on playing single player (i.e., against the computer)?[/QUOTE]

I've asked this too a bunch of times and never heard a "No" apparently playing the computer is a fine experience even if it doesn't really replace playing with friends.

[quote name='ooga']Just remember how old this game is. Its was an incredible game for it's time, almost in the same sense that the original pacman is one of the greatest games ever. Subsequent sequels built on that foundation, refined the formula, and did everything better. Don't go into it thinking that it will be as polished as it's GBA or DS sequels.[/QUOTE]

Super Metroid is older than SotN, so I don't understand this line of reasoning.

With the reveal of next week's sales which I already own, and 2 more 800MSP games needed to be purchased for the Rewards Punchcard, I've seized the opportunity to finally buy the Penny Arcade games.

My haul for the rewards promo:
-Motocross Madness ($10)
-Battleblock Theater ($15)
-I Am Alive ($6)
-From Dust ($6)
-Scott Pilgrim ($4 next week)

Not bad for $31 (counting the $10 rebate) plus a free month of live! :]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like i'm grabbing DnD next week. I refuse to buy X-Men or Simpsons until they're down to 200. I really hope they continue with putting arcade games on sale. Maybe next week Shadow Complex and Radiant Silvergun? :D

[quote name='Bloomy']Video appears to be misleading. You can place the order without leaving your couch, but when the doorbell rings, I don't think the pizza will automatically appear on the table next to the couch.[/QUOTE]

That's why you leave your door open. You either get your pizza without breaking a sweat or your fat ass gets killed by a serial killer. I am pretty sure either way you get an achievement unlocked. And if you're really lucky, you'll just get killed by the pizza delivery guy getting you both cheevos at the same time.

[quote name='aeonus']Super Metroid is older than SotN, so I don't understand this line of reasoning.[/QUOTE]

And I don't understand your comment. I am well aware that Super Metroid is older. I am not sure what part of my post you find confusing.

After spending a ton of time trying trials out, I think I'll be choosing between:

Puzzle Fighter: Fan of puzzle games, but with only easy mode in the demo I can't say how much I would enjoy it as a full game. Also since it's part of the capcom disc, I'm rather hesitant.

Rock of Ages: VERY amusing, and pretty fun, but the controls are kinda clunky, and I could see myself getting very frustrated trying to build defenses.

Symphony of the Night: Enjoyed the demo a lot more once I changed the screen to fill the edges. The ghosting isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was, and I was starting to enjoy it. But then I died and didn't feel like starting the whole thing over again:bomb: also on a disc:whistle2:?

And I really really advise people to spend a chunk of time trying Daggerfall before blindly buying it. Really haven't enjoyed it, and I got it for free:cry:

They have a device now that you can push buttons and speak into and then pizza magically arrives at your door? Modern technology is amazing! ;)

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']If I buy Quantum Conundrum and From Dust I need another 80 MSP on Arcade Games to get to 3200 points LOL stupid 60% off sales! xp ( I mean better price of course but come one I have to buy another one lol)[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm in the same position. i need to spent another 520 points to get that punch filled. I was originally thinking of buying Quantum Conundrum but I might wait until the 30th and grab NBA Jam for 600 instead.

By the way. Can anyone confirm that the cut off for the punchcard thing is April 30th at 4PM PST? I live in Australia so it's likely that the deals for me won't go live until May 1st which scares me as I'm just a few points away from getting the deal and don't want to miss out.

Thanks.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']LOL I was about to comment on Dark Sector but you beat me to the punch...[/QUOTE]

I can imagine by now you can probably buy this for like $3. That's the price i bought it at my local Ebgames 3 years ago. It's a great game for that price by the way but I doubt the GOD version will be priced as well as the used marketplace (though I guess that's normal anyways). Can't believe it's taken this long for the game to hit the marketplace - weird.

[quote name='skonson']I can imagine by now you can probably buy this for like $3. That's the price i bought it at my local Ebgames 3 years ago. It's a great game for that price by the way but I doubt the GOD version will be priced as well as the used marketplace (though I guess that's normal anyways). Can't believe it's taken this long for the game to hit the marketplace - weird.[/QUOTE]

Well Halo 3 ODST also just showed up, and that's a big name 360 exclusive. So I'm not really surprised, but find it funny they bothered so late in the game:lol:

[quote name='wEEman33']Catan the board game >>>>> Catan the video game.

Playing in-person is way better.

Plus the board game is much easier to travel with.[/QUOTE]

Catan the board game

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back