XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Twista48']Meanwhile the trials for nba and nfl are absolutely awful i was gonna get em till i played the trials[/QUOTE]
to be fair, those games are completely meant to be played in vs mode. i can't play nba jam ofe unless 3 other people are playing, the AI is just boring, and blitz the same, completely different game with a human opponent. i've spent dozens and dozens of hours in both games, and had no reason to play against the computer except your first game when you're learning the rules.

that said if you didn't like the old versions of the games, the new ones aren't evolved much at all, they're both total homages to the old games. which in my eyes is pretty good, with human opponents things get mixed up enough to always stay fun. but yeah, playing the computer is not how the game is meant to be played.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']to be fair, those games are completely meant to be played in vs mode. i can't play nba jam ofe unless 3 other people are playing, the AI is just boring, and blitz the same, completely different game with a human opponent. i've spent dozens and dozens of hours in both games, and had no reason to play against the computer except your first game when you're learning the rules.

that said if you didn't like the old versions of the games, the new ones aren't evolved much at all, they're both total homages to the old games. which in my eyes is pretty good, with human opponents things get mixed up enough to always stay fun. but yeah, playing the computer is not how the game is meant to be played.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree, I rarely play NBA Jam unless I have others to play with..still a blast though, and well worth 600 points.

Does anyone know if NFL Blitz has received roster updates? I know EA was fairly good about updating the NBA Jam rosters, hadn't really heard much about Blitz being treated the same though..

I don't think NFL Blitz has gotten any roster updates. It almost has no single-player outside of that arcade mode, which is stupid when NBA Jam: On Fire Edition had a lot of single-player content.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't think NFL Blitz has gotten any roster updates. It almost has no single-player outside of that arcade mode, which is stupid when NBA Jam: On Fire Edition had a lot of single-player content.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I was afraid that was the case, as I could not find any information about any updates to the rosters. I didn't really enjoy the trial too much as it was, so I'll definitely save my points for something better.

Is Castlevania:SOTN really hard? I never liked the Castlevania games because they were so difficult for me. I played the demo and it didnt feel as hard as the classic ones and it was pretty good. But ill only pick it up if its easier than the older ones.

[quote name='naughtynuggetz']Completely agree, I rarely play NBA Jam unless I have others to play with..still a blast though, and well worth 600 points.

Does anyone know if NFL Blitz has received roster updates? I know EA was fairly good about updating the NBA Jam rosters, hadn't really heard much about Blitz being treated the same though..[/QUOTE]

NFL Blitz got zero roster updates.

NBA Jam got quite a few, though it's still pretty out of date overall.

Both games are great in multiplayer but terrible in single player.

Buy accordingly.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't think NFL Blitz has gotten any roster updates. It almost has no single-player outside of that arcade mode, which is stupid when NBA Jam: On Fire Edition had a lot of single-player content.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the single-player in NFL Blitz is really half baked. I don't mind playing against AI as much as others here, but the Blitz Arcade Mode is pretty lame.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Is Castlevania:SOTN really hard? I never liked the Castlevania games because they were so difficult for me. I played the demo and it didnt feel as hard as the classic ones and it was pretty good. But ill only pick it up if its easier than the older ones.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not that hard.

[quote name='Dthib87']Thanks that makes sense. I'll play with a different mindset next time.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I got stuck a couple times in that game. It's no big deal when you get stuck in a game.

[quote name='RollingSkull']SotN is worth playing but I always thought it was overrated. The DS Vanias were flatly better[/QUOTE]
Preach on brother skull. :)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Don't worry, I got stuck a couple times in that game. It's no big deal when you get stuck in a game.[/QUOTE]

Single-digit-aged, pre-internet me playing numerous adventure games would like to vehemently disagree with you.

I can never wrap my head around the idea that hearts don't replenish health in Symphony of the Night. I've never understood the logic to that part of the game.

I've been lurking this thread for a few months, and I've really appreciated the reccomendations/ discussions.

I picked up Rock of Ages this week. I've been really digging it, but it seems like multiplayer has completely dried up. It doesnt even really search for matches?

[quote name='Living']I've been lurking this thread for a few months, and I've really appreciated the reccomendations/ discussions.

I picked up Rock of Ages this week. I've been really digging it, but it seems like multiplayer has completely dried up. It doesnt even really search for matches?[/QUOTE]

I got it too, haven't checked out multiplayer, but would be cool playing some with you and whoever else needs a competitor:)

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Is Castlevania:SOTN really hard? I never liked the Castlevania games because they were so difficult for me. I played the demo and it didnt feel as hard as the classic ones and it was pretty good. But ill only pick it up if its easier than the older ones.[/QUOTE]

If by classic you mean the NES games, no Castlevania has been all that hard since the switch to the Metroidvania style.

[quote name='mikeworld']Sacred Citadel, Terraria, or Guardians of Middle Earth??
Life or death situation here[/QUOTE]

Sacred!

[quote name='mikeworld']Sacred Citadel, Terraria, or Guardians of Middle Earth??

For me it's terraria hands down. MOBA games are shit on console. And I didn't like sacred at all.

None of the above.

If you're set on a full price 1200 point game go with Battleblock Theater.

Random PSA!!!!

So I just booted up Castle Crashers (still my favorite XBLA of all time) and realized that I unlocked Hatty from BattleBlock Theater by owning the full game! The full pack for owning BattleBlock comes with Hatty as a playable character, a new sword and a new animal orb of a Golden Whale which increases the rate at which you obtain gold.

Yet another character for me to waste time in leveling! Haha Though in all seriousness I love Behemoth, stuff like that is just great and makes me love their already amazing games even more.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']None of the above.

If you're set on a full price 1200 point game go with Battleblock Theater.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!!!!

Random PSA!!!!

So I just booted up Castle Crashers (still my favorite XBLA of all time) and realized that I unlocked Hatty from BattleBlock Theater by owning the full game! The full pack for owning BattleBlock comes with Hatty as a playable character, a new sword and a new animal orb of a Golden Whale which increases the rate at which you obtain gold.

Yet another character for me to waste time in leveling! Haha Though in all seriousness I love Behemoth, stuff like that is just great and makes me love their already amazing games even more.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Agreed!!!!!

Random PSA!!!!

Yet another character for me to waste time in leveling! Haha Though in all seriousness I love Behemoth, stuff like that is just great and makes me love their already amazing games even more.[/QUOTE]

We need to hook up for one or both of these games. :cool:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I can never wrap my head around the idea that hearts don't replenish health in Symphony of the Night. I've never understood the logic to that part of the game.[/QUOTE]

A question I've been asking myself since the NES days. That and how fried chicken magically heals all your wounds. When in reality it's most likely to cause them. DAM YOU COLONEL!!! :lol:

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']If by classic you mean the NES games, no Castlevania has been all that hard since the switch to the Metroidvania style.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Especially since it has RPG elements. If you actually run into a trouble spot all you have to do is grind for some levels & cash.

[quote name='naughtynuggetz']Does anyone know if NFL Blitz has received roster updates? I know EA was fairly good about updating the NBA Jam rosters, hadn't really heard much about Blitz being treated the same though..[/QUOTE]
it hasn't, but in all honesty, whereas in NBA jam you're playing as one player, and the announcer mentions names often, in blitz the announcers talk but they never talk about specific players, and the stat differences in blitz are trivial at best (whereas they're incredible important in jam, i can rock a crappy team in blitz and do just fine against a stacked squad). you wouldn't really be able to tell much difference if they made a roster update, and i'm sure a big reason they wouldn't do it is bc there's a mode where you build your own team...and every player in the game i think has their own card that you trade in and such so that'd probably be a pain to update.

jam however, even has some rookies from this season (some, even dion waiters who was the 3 pick got left out, but bradley beal, mr unibrow, a good deal of people have gotten added to jam, although there are some obv roster mistakes (lin is on houston, but kidd is somehow still a mav))

[quote name='gordojones88']
If you try to 'unlock full game' in the demo,
it costs 4 Billion Microsoft points.[/QUOTE]

Damn, 80 points shy. ;)
I will wait for it to go on sale somewhere in the 2-2.5 Billion MSP range.

Well I decided to try out Hybrid for the first time in ages today and guess what, after 30 minutes of trying to connect to a game I decided to call it quits. While this wasn't the best multiplayer shooter, and it had a lot of issues out of the gate, I appreciated how quick the matches were, it was a nice palate cleanser for me. I don't know why Microsoft or whatever publishers of these multiplayer only games don't adopt a strategy of cutting the price once the community starts to die off. This game should be like 400pts now to try to inject people to come back and play it. That and I don't think any developer should be making multiplayer only games for XBLA at this stage. Once the community dies the game dies. Had they invested in a single player storyline too at least this thing wouldn't be eating away a couple gbs of space on my HD for no reason.

Anyways, stepping down off my soap box.

[quote name='skonson']Well I decided to try out Hybrid for the first time in ages today and guess what, after 30 minutes of trying to connect to a game I decided to call it quits. While this wasn't the best multiplayer shooter, and it had a lot of issues out of the gate, I appreciated how quick the matches were, it was a nice palate cleanser for me. I don't know why Microsoft or whatever publishers of these multiplayer only games don't adopt a strategy of cutting the price once the community starts to die off. This game should be like 400pts now to try to inject people to come back and play it. That and I don't think any developer should be making multiplayer only games for XBLA at this stage. Once the community dies the game dies. Had they invested in a single player storyline too at least this thing wouldn't be eating away a couple gbs of space on my HD for no reason.

Anyways, stepping down off my soap box.[/QUOTE]
Multiplayer only games can work, but it has to be an established IP like Battlefield for it to work long term. It'll be interesting to see if Battleblock Theater will keep its community or slowly.

Next-gen will be a lot better for MP-only games since free-to-play will get a much bigger presence so that the audience doesn't have to be so dedicated to it for it to keep growing.

[quote name='skonson']Well I decided to try out Hybrid for the first time in ages today and guess what, after 30 minutes of trying to connect to a game I decided to call it quits. While this wasn't the best multiplayer shooter, and it had a lot of issues out of the gate, I appreciated how quick the matches were, it was a nice palate cleanser for me. I don't know why Microsoft or whatever publishers of these multiplayer only games don't adopt a strategy of cutting the price once the community starts to die off. This game should be like 400pts now to try to inject people to come back and play it. That and I don't think any developer should be making multiplayer only games for XBLA at this stage. Once the community dies the game dies. Had they invested in a single player storyline too at least this thing wouldn't be eating away a couple gbs of space on my HD for no reason.

from my experience, it's not even the game quality that determines if a community lives at all; it's how the online system is set up. let's take a random old dead game, gunstar heroes. with games like this, you can either create your own lobby, or wait for someone else to search for a lobby and immediately join your game. this system only works if a game is megapopular; over time, your chances of finding a game diminish more and more, especially if it's not a blockbuster hit.

now let's look at a random old not dead game: hydro thunder hurricane. this game is years old, based on an old arcade game with moderate to little name appeal, is overpriced, yet you will always find about a dozen games online you can join into. the key to its success, is when you search for games available, the game will show you a list of all the games available. it doesn't just shove you in an open slot; even if a lobby is full, it'll show up on the list and you can see other people are online playing the game, so you can either make your own lobby or wait a few minutes for someone to drop. even in the middle of a race, new people can join in, and wait their turn, knowing a game's available.

the problem with approach 1 is, lets say 10 people are online playing gunstar heroes. they're all in full games, so you go to search a game, see none available, and that's pretty much it. IMO, pretty much every single arcade game should allow 2 things: you to see all available games and pick which one you want to join from a list, and, the ability for people to drop in/out. if i'm a host, and i'm playing gunstar for 4 levels, and someone drops out, why can't someone else just join in and take their place? let me play solo for a few minutes until someone else joins?

games like turtles would have really active online if only people could drop in and out at their leasure. limiting lobbies to only who's in at the start for noncompetitive games sucks! when games take the 'you can join lobbies even when people are midgame' approach they stay alive a lot longer, hydro thunder and tetris splash come to mind as good examples. hell if people know more old games with good systems like this lmk because i love active, easily accessible, play for 15 minutes then do something else arcade games.

also, i've found online achievements are great for arcade games. games with 'win 5 games online!' achievements and such are waaaay more likely to have active online years down the road; heck i've been pulling out risk factions a lot lately and was amazed i can find lobbies in seconds even at the weirdest times, and i guarantee it has a lot to do with the game being riddled with online achievements that are hard to get. it's a great tactic to keep games online, even if the achievement hunters hate it, those achievement hunters pump life into games that otherwise would be empty online.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']from my experience, it's not even the game quality that determines if a community lives at all; it's how the online system is set up. let's take a random old dead game, gunstar heroes. with games like this, you can either create your own lobby, or wait for someone else to search for a lobby and immediately join your game. this system only works if a game is megapopular; over time, your chances of finding a game diminish more and more, especially if it's not a blockbuster hit.

now let's look at a random old not dead game: hydro thunder hurricane. this game is years old, based on an old arcade game with moderate to little name appeal, is overpriced, yet you will always find about a dozen games online you can join into. the key to its success, is when you search for games available, the game will show you a list of all the games available. it doesn't just shove you in an open slot; even if a lobby is full, it'll show up on the list and you can see other people are online playing the game, so you can either make your own lobby or wait a few minutes for someone to drop. even in the middle of a race, new people can join in, and wait their turn, knowing a game's available.

the problem with approach 1 is, lets say 10 people are online playing gunstar heroes. they're all in full games, so you go to search a game, see none available, and that's pretty much it. IMO, pretty much every single arcade game should allow 2 things: you to see all available games and pick which one you want to join from a list, and, the ability for people to drop in/out. if i'm a host, and i'm playing gunstar for 4 levels, and someone drops out, why can't someone else just join in and take their place? let me play solo for a few minutes until someone else joins?

games like turtles would have really active online if only people could drop in and out at their leasure. limiting lobbies to only who's in at the start for noncompetitive games sucks! when games take the 'you can join lobbies even when people are midgame' approach they stay alive a lot longer, hydro thunder and tetris splash come to mind as good examples. hell if people know more old games with good systems like this lmk because i love active, easily accessible, play for 15 minutes then do something else arcade games.

also, i've found online achievements are great for arcade games. games with 'win 5 games online!' achievements and such are waaaay more likely to have active online years down the road; heck i've been pulling out risk factions a lot lately and was amazed i can find lobbies in seconds even at the weirdest times, and i guarantee it has a lot to do with the game being riddled with online achievements that are hard to get. it's a great tactic to keep games online, even if the achievement hunters hate it, those achievement hunters pump life into games that otherwise would be empty online.[/QUOTE]

I'm CAiNiACprime, and I endorse this message.

So, I only have 4 more days to fill out my punchcard. I am about 1000 MSPs away, so I was thinking I could either pick up one or two full price games that will probably go on sale at some point after I buy them (not good). Or I can pick up three 400 MSP games I don't already own, and those likely won't go on sale (probably a good idea).
So do you have some time to kill? If so read on.
Listed below are all the 400 MSP games I currently do not own as XBLA titles. Anything worth picking up there? I know some are god awful, and others I either already own or own a variation of. I already have a couple of titles in mind, I am interested in hearing what others think. So any recommendations? Thanks

Alien Breed Episode 1: Evolution
Alien Breed Episode 2: Assault
Alien Breed Episode 3: Descent
Altered Beast I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
AMY
Arkadian Warriors
Blacklight: Tango Down
Blade Kitten
Blazing Birds
Bliss Island
Bloody Good Time
Boogie Bunnies
Brain Challenge
Capcom Arcade Cabinet
CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars
Comix Zone I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
Contra
Crazy Mouse
Crystal Quest
Dead Space Ignition
Discs of Tron
Doom
Doom II: Hell on Earth
Droplitz
Ecco the Dolphin I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
Fatal Fury Special
Frogger
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved I have GW2
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
Gin Rummy
Gunstar Heroes
Gyruss
Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm
Hardwood Backgammon
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades
Haunted House
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos
Jetpac Refuelled
Le Tour De France 2009: The Official Game
Minesweeper Flags
Phantasy Star II I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
Polar Panic
RocketBowl
Rotastic
Rush'n Attack
Scramble
Sea Life Safari
Sega Bass Fishing
Shinobi I have the Sonic Genesis Collection
Shrek n' Roll
Small Arms
Space Giraffe
Spyglass Board Games
Star Raiders
Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting I have the HD version whatever its called
Super Contra
Texas Hold 'em
The Path of Go
Things on Wheels
Time Pilot
Track & Field
Tron
Worms I have Worms Revolution
Worms 2: Armageddon I have Worms Revolution
Xotic
Yar's Revenge
Yie Ar Kung-Fu

So Hybrid's community is toast eh? That's a shame; I've been meaning to sweep up most (probably not all) of the achievements for that, CS:GO, Gotham City Impostors, and BF1943 after the good scare the Nexuiz server shutdown gave me. Picked up Hybrid the first time it got marked down to 400 over the holidays, and I guess now I'll just have to hope it gets another markdown in the somewhat near future.

Edit to add: Hell, instead of a sale, they should just make Hybrid free-to-play and give... some... sort of credit to those who've already bought it. Happy Wars is the only F2P game on XBL right now, seems to be doing well (I think?), and could use the company.

[quote name='ooga']So, I only have 4 more days to fill out my punchcard. I am about 1000 MSPs away, so I was thinking I could either pick up one or two full price games that will probably go on sale at some point after I buy them (not good). Or I can pick up three 400 MSP games I don't already own, and those likely won't go on sale (probably a good idea).
Listed below are all the 400 MSP games I currently do not own as XBLA titles. Anything worth picking up there? I know some are god awful, and others I either already own or own a variation of. I already have a couple of titles in mind, I am interested in hearing what others think. So any recommendations? Thanks

AMY
Arkadian Warriors
Blade Kitten
Blazing Birds
Bliss Island
Bloody Good Time
Boogie Bunnies
Brain Challenge
Capcom Arcade Cabinet
Contra
Crazy Mouse
Crystal Quest
Dead Space Ignition
Discs of Tron
Doom
Droplitz
Fatal Fury Special
Frogger
Gin Rummy
Gunstar Heroes
Gyruss
Hardwood Backgammon
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades
Haunted House
Jetpac Refuelled
Minesweeper Flags
Polar Panic
RocketBowl
Rotastic
Rush'n Attack
Scramble
Sea Life Safari
Sega Bass Fishing
Shrek n' Roll
Small Arms
Space Giraffe
Spyglass Board Games
Star Raiders
Super Contra
Switchball
Texas Hold 'em
The Path of Go
Things on Wheels
Time Pilot
Track & Field
Trials HD
Tron
Xotic
Yar's Revenge
Yie Ar Kung-Fu
[/QUOTE]
FWIW i like geometry wars 1 much more than 2, even though 2 has much more features and such. it's just a better pure experience IMO, but compared to 2 it's pretty barebones, your mileage may vary but i still play 1 alot more often than i bust out 2. i like gunstar heroes, the demo should tell you if you'd like that game or not (it's better in coop though).

screw you for bringing up crystal quest. i only bought that because there was a huuuge lull of nothing for xbla after the first month or two, and i was addicted to GW so i bought that as it's similar....but it's really terrible compared to GW, i could make it in a few hours with XNA and i'm not competent with programming at all.

Something I don't get are the lack of bots or computer controlled players on consoles. I'd much rather play a 16 player match where 15 of the players are computer controlled than sit in a lobby for 5+ minutes hoping some minimum number of humans is reached.

[quote name='ooga']So, I only have 4 more days to fill out my punchcard. I am about 1000 MSPs away, so I was thinking I could either pick up one or two full price games that will probably go on sale at some point after I buy them (not good). Or I can pick up three 400 MSP games I don't already own, and those likely won't go on sale (probably a good idea).

AMY
Arkadian Warriors
Blade Kitten
Blazing Birds
Bliss Island
Bloody Good Time
Boogie Bunnies
Brain Challenge
Capcom Arcade Cabinet
Contra
Crazy Mouse
Crystal Quest
Dead Space Ignition
Discs of Tron
Doom
Droplitz
Fatal Fury Special
Frogger
Gin Rummy
Gunstar Heroes
Gyruss
Hardwood Backgammon
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades
Haunted House
Jetpac Refuelled
Minesweeper Flags
Polar Panic
RocketBowl
Rotastic
Rush'n Attack
Scramble
Sea Life Safari
Sega Bass Fishing
Shrek n' Roll
Small Arms
Space Giraffe
Spyglass Board Games
Star Raiders
Super Contra
Switchball
Texas Hold 'em
The Path of Go
Things on Wheels
Time Pilot
Track & Field
Trials HD
Tron
Xotic
Yar's Revenge
Yie Ar Kung-Fu
[/QUOTE]

The only game I can wholly recommend from that list is Gunstar Heroes. Such a classic. Though as SonicXtreme said, it truly shines with a friend.

I'll be picking up both Tron games eventually, but that speaks more about my Tron fanhood rather than the games themselves. If you really like worms, you can't go wrong with more, but keep in mind their is a retail disc compilation coming I believe. I myself have glanced at Switchball a few times as I like those kinds of games (Marble Saga/Mania Kororinpa, Vertigo, Mercury Meltdown, etc) but I can't speak on it as I've never taken the time to demo it or research it. Perhaps I'll do that now.

I think Blade Kitten is a pretty good game if you're really desperate to spend 400 points on a game you don't already have. It's pretty fun and somewhat interesting.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']
from my experience, it's not even the game quality that determines if a community lives at all; it's how the online system is set up. let's take a random old dead game, gunstar heroes. with games like this, you can either create your own lobby, or wait for someone else to search for a lobby and immediately join your game. this system only works if a game is megapopular; over time, your chances of finding a game diminish more and more, especially if it's not a blockbuster hit.

also, i've found online achievements are great for arcade games. games with 'win 5 games online!' achievements and such are waaaay more likely to have active online years down the road; heck i've been pulling out risk factions a lot lately and was amazed i can find lobbies in seconds even at the weirdest times, and i guarantee it has a lot to do with the game being riddled with online achievements that are hard to get. it's a great tactic to keep games online, even if the achievement hunters hate it, those achievement hunters pump life into games that otherwise would be empty online.
[/QUOTE]
Great post.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I myself have glanced at Switchball a few times as I like those kinds of games (Marble Saga/Mania Kororinpa, Vertigo, Mercury Meltdown, etc) but I can't speak on it as I've never taken the time to demo it or research it. Perhaps I'll do that now.[/QUOTE]

Oops. I forgot I already have Switchball. I guess that's a sign that I have way too many games. ;)

@ooga

Jetpac Refuelled is pretty fun. Comes with the retro version as well. I enjoyed playing it back in 08. Happy tree friends don't get. Dooms are included in the BFG edition.

AMY
Arkadian Warriors
Blade Kitten
Blazing Birds
Bliss Island
Bloody Good Time
Boogie Bunnies
Brain Challenge
Capcom Arcade Cabinet
Contra
Crazy Mouse
Crystal Quest
Dead Space Ignition
Discs of Tron
Doom
Droplitz
Fatal Fury Special
Frogger
Gin Rummy
Gunstar Heroes
Gyruss
Hardwood Backgammon
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades
Haunted House
Jetpac Refuelled
Minesweeper Flags
Polar Panic
RocketBowl
Rotastic
Rush'n Attack
Scramble
Sea Life Safari
Sega Bass Fishing
Shrek n' Roll
Small Arms
Space Giraffe
Spyglass Board Games
Star Raiders
Super Contra
Texas Hold 'em
The Path of Go
Things on Wheels
Time Pilot
Track & Field
Trials HD
Tron
Xotic
Yar's Revenge
Yie Ar Kung-Fu
[/QUOTE]

Only ones in that list that look any good I think are Trials HD and Rotastic (maybe). I'd say just bite the bullet and get a 1200MSP game you've been wanting for awhile. No point IMO in getting something lousy just for the sake of hoping for a sale (which in all likely hood may never come to a lot of games). Just my thoughtsm but I don't see 3 titles worth buying in there:whistle2:?

[quote name='benjamouth']I thought Poker Night 2 was good, the only thing that worries me is how soon I'll start hearing the same bits of dialogue repeated.[/QUOTE]

That was something I worried about too but was also expected. As FriskyTanuki said, it would be too much to re-hire the voice actors and program in more dialogue. I've played a few hours and dialogue is already repeating. I figure I'll start listening to music while playing once I'm positive I've heard everything.

Also, I want another Sam & Max game after being in their company again. Plus Portal 3.

Since I thought Monaco was delayed until at least next month and picked up Poker Night 2 instead I'm kind of annoyed with it possibly releasing this week. Oh well. I figure it basically pays for the avatar awards and Borderlands 2 items now instead of waiting for a possible sale.

If I had to choose from these 3 only I'd say Terraria. I hear GoME is great too for a console MOBA. General talk about Sacred Citadel says it's average so probably the weakest of the 3. I also second CainiacPrime's BattleBlock Theater suggestion.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']We need to hook up for one or both of these games. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm always up for some BBT and Castle Crashers if both of you want to play. I haven't played as Hatty or the Blacksmith yet and recently started a Pink Knight character. Any excuse to get back into CC.

[quote name='ooga']So, I only have 4 more days to fill out my punchcard. I am about 1000 MSPs away, so I was thinking I could either pick up one or two full price games that will probably go on sale at some point after I buy them (not good). Or I can pick up three 400 MSP games I don't already own, and those likely won't go on sale (probably a good idea).[/QUOTE]

I'd say pick up a newer 1200 MSP game since with the rebate it would be like getting it for 400 MSP. Or what about a 800 MSP game plus a 400 MSP game from the list? Tbh most of the games on the list weren't very good. But if you're dead set on 3 x 400 MSP games, I've compiled the list below of non-compilation disc games.

Arkadian Warriors - really average/easy cheevos. I can co-op this with you if you'd like
Boogie Bunnies - I've had trouble making progress in this so ymmv on difficulty
Droplitz - tough puzzler/cheevos but I enjoy it
Gin Rummy - trial was decent
Jetpac Refuelled - trial was decent
Spyglass Board Games - trial was decent
Trials HD - awesome game but it's been on sale before and TrialsEvo is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back