XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
quick question: is the pricedrop for GUARDIAN HEROES permanant or just for the month? Debating getting Symphony of the Night, and that. Id rather get Symphony of the Night for PS3 because i believe i can then play it on psp and vita, right?

[quote name='Kenshindono']quick question: is the pricedrop for GUARDIAN HEROES permanant or just for the month? Debating getting Symphony of the Night, and that. Id rather get Symphony of the Night for PS3 because i believe i can then play it on psp and vita, right?[/QUOTE]

GH drop is permanent.

Unsure about PS SotN cross buy/play.

[quote name='Kenshindono']quick question: is the pricedrop for GUARDIAN HEROES permanant or just for the month? Debating getting Symphony of the Night, and that. Id rather get Symphony of the Night for PS3 because i believe i can then play it on psp and vita, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can play SotN on both PSP and Vita because it is a PSOne Classic (it is supported on the Vita, I have it installed right now). The advantage of the 360 version is that it has achievements, whereas the PSOne Classics version on PS3 doesn't have trophies.

all PSone Classics are crossplay on PS3/PSP, but you'll have to check if it's Vita supported (some are not).

EDIT: tylerh got there first

thanks for the info. Follow up question: isnt there a way to get a free month or 1 month for $1 or something? I think i want SOTN but you need gold for it. I remember there used to be a way to use the free ones on the console or something

[quote name='the Gooseler']Sorry Enich, little rule I live by, never trust a dude wearing a tunic. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Dude, it's a FIRE tunic!!:hot: :lol:

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yes, you can play SotN on both PSP and Vita because it is a PSOne Classic (it is supported on the Vita, I have it installed right now). The advantage of the 360 version is that it has achievements, whereas the PSOne Classics version on PS3 doesn't have trophies.[/QUOTE]

There's no reason to get the PS1 Classic version of Symphony of the Night if you have a PSP/Vita.

Instead, you should get the PSN version of Dracula X: Rondo Blood as it comes with an unlockable version of Symphony of the Night for free.

That way you get two games for the price of one (three if you count both the "remastered" and "original" versions of Dracula X that are included).

[quote name='snakemaster2389']So, any info on may perm. price drops and this weeks upcoming sale?[/QUOTE]

Either Fallout, Red Dead Redemption, or Grand Theft Auto IV DLC.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']1-Free Month
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338087

2-for-$2
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

The first worked for me, and I was able to buy the DotW:)[/QUOTE]

crap. Just bought 3 months for $15, wish id waited lomger for a reply.

[quote name='wEEman33']There's no reason to get the PS1 Classic version of Symphony of the Night if you have a PSP/Vita.

Instead, you should get the PSN version of Dracula X: Rondo Blood as it comes with an unlockable version of Symphony of the Night for free.

That way you get two games for the price of one (three if you count both the "remastered" and "original" versions of Dracula X that are included).[/QUOTE]

I actually have that on UMD. Not sure how to unlock it though.

[quote name='Kenshindono']

I actually have that on UMD. Not sure how to unlock it though.[/QUOTE]

That's what the poster should have mentioned. You just have to go through the slight inconvenience of beating Dracula X to unlock SotN. That's no mean feat :)

[quote name='midloo']That's what the poster should have mentioned. You just have to go through the slight inconvenience of beating Dracula X to unlock SotN. That's no mean feat :)[/QUOTE]
I liked PSP's remake of Rondo of Blood (Dracula X) actually. SOTN is an item inside the game, once you have it, you unlock the full game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLC32TWTd3g

Skip to min 2.53, it's in stage 3, you don't even need to beat the game to get SOTN.

[quote name='E.Nich']I liked PSP's remake of Rondo of Blood (Dracula X) actually. SOTN is an item inside the game, once you have it, you unlock the full game.

Skip to min 2.53, it's in stage 3, you don't even need to beat the game to get SOTN.[/QUOTE]
awesome, thanks for that... never knew I had a free copy of the game already. I no longer have to whip out the ps2 to play SOTN.

Just double-checking before the Star Wars pinball tables deal expires... Pinball FX2 on the Xbox 360 still hasn't gotten a patch to allow it to support 3D (like Zen Pinball 2 supports 3D for all tables on the PS3)?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']is it wrong that I'm actually really excited for this? Played a bunch of the first game, and hopefully this one is a little more full featured. Such a stupid idea, but it works somehow:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No it isn't wrong at all. I thought Doritos Crash Course was one of the better free games that are available on 360. I can't wait for this one!

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']is it wrong that I'm actually really excited for this? Played a bunch of the first game, and hopefully this one is a little more full featured. Such a stupid idea, but it works somehow:bouncy:[/QUOTE]The first one was a rather nice surprise for a freebie and I'm looking forward to seeing how the sequel will improve on the original. Even cooler that they're making it free again, so count me in for being happy that this is finally coming out. Just hope this time, it won't take them 2 years to release some DLC.

[quote name='Ubichu']Just double-checking before the Star Wars pinball tables deal expires... Pinball FX2 on the Xbox 360 still hasn't gotten a patch to allow it to support 3D (like Zen Pinball 2 supports 3D for all tables on the PS3)?[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is 3D on the 360 version, no.

[quote name='Zonic505']The first one was a rather nice surprise for a freebie and I'm looking forward to seeing how the sequel will improve on the original. Even cooler that they're making it free again, so count me in for being happy that this is finally coming out. Just hope this time, it won't take them 2 years to release some DLC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's actually a pretty solid little racing/platformer and is one of the few adver-games that does it right and doesn't plaster the product they're promoting all over the place, no crazy stupid, eat a bag of doritos and get super-powers sort of thing. I found the first one to be quite challenging and fun. Going by the achievements, it looks like there's a ledge grabbing mechanic in this new one so it'll probably be a bit less frustrating I suppose.

Here's the achievement list if you want a peak http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/doritos-crash-course-2/achievements/

I'm curious what these secondary objectives are.

But yeah I'm rather excited to download this in a couple days. I'm just praying it's not full of insane IAP. Mind you, a bit of that is okay providing it's like Hybrid and Happy Wars and I don't actually have to buy anything.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']is it wrong that I'm actually really excited for this? Played a bunch of the first game, and hopefully this one is a little more full featured. Such a stupid idea, but it works somehow:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No, not wrong at all. The first one was great and I bought the paid DLC. Pumped for the new one!

[quote name='Zonic505']Doritos Crash Course 2 confirmed for this Wed for the low price of free.[/QUOTE]

Awesome news :)

Seeing as DoTW for tomorrow has not been announced hopefully something awesome will be discounted.

Good news on Monaco. I've got 1200 points all queued up, but I will have to dry the demo first. I will probably play this primarily in single player and I am not sure if it is going to be worth it with that in mind.

I went ahead and got Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD. Loved the game when it originally came out. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mpaullin']Good news on Monaco. I've got 1200 points all queued up, but I will have to dry the demo first. I will probably play this primarily in single player and I am not sure if it is going to be worth it with that in mind.[/QUOTE]

I don't know too much about Monaco, but I'm pretty sure it has co-op play as its focus. Definitely spend some time with the demo before you buy.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't know too much about Monaco, but I'm pretty sure it has co-op play as its focus. Definitely spend some time with the demo before you buy.[/QUOTE]

Its made for online coop or local coop, but u can play it by yourself and still have fun. You rob banks and kill dudes, whats not to like!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='snakemaster2389']Its made for online coop or local coop, but u can play it by yourself and still have fun. You rob banks and kill dudes, whats not to like!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

that's also true of Payday: The Heist, and try having much of any fun playing that single player:cry:

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't know too much about Monaco, but I'm pretty sure it has co-op play as its focus. Definitely spend some time with the demo before you buy.[/QUOTE]

I almost want to plunk down 1200pts just to support the studio for showing some love to their game and to us gamers by delaying the release to iron out some bugs. In an era where big studios like Gearbox and Digital Extremes ship out the buggiest AAA licensed games you've ever see and then require the game owner to download a 4gb patch (note to Gearbox: it's not a patch when it's the size of the goddamn game, that just means you sold a broken product) it's refreshing to see a small studio QA the hell out of a game and then at the final moment delay things a bit so that they don't wind up pissing off the fans with a broken game. Hopefully the big studios will see that we don't mind waiting a few weeks if you can explain things properly and let us know what's happening. Though I'm sure it won't as the big boys always seems tied to release dates once they're set due to the ridiculously large marketing campaigns that are tied to a specific release date - but one can only pray that in the fallout of Star Trek and Aliens that some lessons have been learnt by the industry.

Of course I'm way too cheap to actually part with 1200pts when my backlog is ridiculous. But I might still grab it when I get my free 800pts at the end of the month. Will see.

[quote name='mer71']To NBA Jam or not, is the question?[/QUOTE]
That game is hell if you're a completionist. But it's NBA Jam, and it's super fun in small doses, so I think buying it is a no-brainer. Get the online chievos (which are awful) ASAP before EA decides to shut down the servers.

Absolutely love the series... but I've never had to contact costumer support so many times for a game. (and right now my game save never loads and likely the only fix is to delete and start over, yet again, so I simply gave up on it...)

[quote name='skonson']note to Gearbox: it's not a patch when it's the size of the goddamn game, that just means you sold a broken product[/QUOTE]

Care to clarify what you're talking about? If you're referring to the compatibility packs for Borderlands 2, you may not have a very good grasp of what exactly a patch is. But I don't know squat about the updates for the rest of their catalog, Aliens: CM included.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Care to clarify what you're talking about? If you're referring to the compatibility packs for Borderlands 2, you may not have a very good grasp of what exactly a patch is. But I don't know squat about the updates for the rest of their catalog, Aliens: CM included.[/QUOTE]

Aliens: CM had a "patch" that was like 7 gigs or something

It's a great game. Well worth $7.50.

But what about Zombie Driver? It looks kind of cool. Like a Rengade Ops with zombies. Worth $5?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']It's a great game. Well worth $7.50.

But what about Zombie Driver. It looks kind of cool. Like a Rnegade Ops with zombies. Worth $5?[/QUOTE]

Just say no thanks Jeff!!

Alright, so I Googled the Aliens patch info and holy fuck. Though one of the main fixes is improved textures (apparently) so that's somewhat understandable. Still. Damn.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']It's a great game. Well worth $7.50.

But what about Zombie Driver? It looks kind of cool. Like a Rengade Ops with zombies. Worth $5?[/QUOTE]

If you like the top-down GTA games, it's very much like a level-based version of that. I found killing the zombies and racing to beat the clock a lot of fun. The extra modes give it more staying power too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back