XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MWB']
t5EtxlE.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This should be the official response to that question and in the OP lol.

Monaco will be out Friday. Yay!

I'm looking forward to Crash Course 2 too! I need to go back and finish CC1 and buy the DLC as well for completion sake.

[quote name='Cleaner7']This should be the official response to that question and in the OP lol.[/QUOTE]
How about we adopt the unofficial "Patch Tuesday" T-shirt as our own? :lol:
patchtues.jpg

[quote name='ravens52bears54']It's a great game. Well worth $7.50.

But what about Zombie Driver? It looks kind of cool. Like a Rengade Ops with zombies. Worth $5?[/QUOTE]
I bought Zombie Driver a while ago, I think to take advantage of the rebate for horror based games, but I have just started t today and I am having a blast, well worth 400msp imo

So far..

Arcade:
Serious Sam 3 - 400msp *GOLD EXCLUSIVE*
Quake Arena Arcade - 400msp

DLC:
David Guetta Mix Pack 01 (DH) - 320msp
Hit Makers Mix Pack (DH2) - 320msp
Country track Pace (GHWT) - 220msp

GoD:
Fallout New Vegas - 1200msp

I'll definitely be grabbing Serious Sam 3. I can't believe it's been almost 3 months since its price drop.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']So far..

Arcade:
Serious Sam 3 - 400msp *GOLD EXCLUSIVE*
Quake Arena Arcade - 400msp

DLC:
David Guetta Mix Pack 01 (DH) - 320msp
Hit Makers Mix Pack (DH2) - 320msp
Country track Pace (GHWT) - 220msp

GoD:
Fallout New Vegas - 1200msp[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hotnikelz']those are some of the deals of the week?[/QUOTE]

They might be a combination of this weeks deals and this months price drops.

More deals appeared:

Assassin's Creed 3 (3,200 MSP, originally 4,800 MSP)
Dishonored (2,400 MSP, originally 4,800)
Sleeping Dogs (2,000 MSP, originally 3,600)
WWE All Stars (1,600 MSP, originally 3,200)

Home Run Stars (320 MSP, down from 800)
Ilomilo (400 MSP, 1/2 off)
Joy Ride Turbo (400 MSP, 1/2 off)
Forza Motorsport 4 February American Le Mans Series Pack (420 MSP, down from 560 MSP)
Serious Sam 3: BFE - Jewel of the Nile (400 MSP, 1/2 off)
Serious Sam Double D XXL (400 MSP, 1/2 off)
Serious Sam HD: TFE (400 MSP, 1/2 off)
Serious Sam HD: TSE (400 MSP, 1/2 off)

Aye those Serious Sam deals look tempting.

Be cautious buying WWE All Stars, I heard the other day that they've shut the online multiplayer servers. Couldn't find any confirmation on that though.

I just missed the starwars pinball :(
I was expecting for it to go back to the normal price a bit later... oh well...

[quote name='Royal High Knight']and so is joyride. I might pick it up then somewhere down the road.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, joyride turbo is in the dotw sale, not a permanent drop. Might pick it up eventually.

[quote name='E.Nich']Hmmm, joyride turbo is in the dotw sale, not a permanent drop. Might pick it up eventually.[/QUOTE]

you can't read man? Its serious sam stuff this week. Everything else is part of May's price drops.

Sweet. Two weeks of crappy sales means I get to spend my MSPs on DLC instead. That "Gem's Sale" on the 14th has me wondering though. A Bejeweled/Tetris-ish stuff sale perhaps?

Does Simpsons arcade support online co-op? I really wasn't going to pick it up, but I figure it may be fun in online multiplayer.

Looks like it's a pass for me on the next two weeks. Not a big Serious Sam fan. Just so everyone remembers from a few pages back, I think someone mentioned that a disc version of Serious Sam XBLA content should be hitting the shelves in the next few months. But at this price you could pretty much grab everything (including the Jewel of the Nile for 2000pts if you're keen to grab it all, so it might be cheaper than a retail disc anyhow.

I grabbed NBA Jam at the last second as I regretted it last time. Was thinking of grabbing Blood Dragon but then I won a code so now I can put up some bricks instead.

Can someone please tell me what the hell a Gems Sale is that's happening next week? Is Microsoft branching out into the jewelery business? I'm confarsed.

[quote name='ooga']Sweet. Two weeks of crappy sales means I get to spend my MSPs on DLC instead. That "Gem's Sale" on the 14th has me wondering though. A Bejeweled/Tetris-ish stuff sale perhaps?[/QUOTE]
It's likely the Kinect sports gems. They're only 240 points full price with 50 point gamer score attached. I may pick up Darts vs Zombies if that's the case.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Doritos Crash Course 2 drops tomorrow for free.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait for that. Hopefully Behaviour Interactive didn't Naughty Bear it up when they took over the reins of this franchise as the original developer did a great job.

Also the Fuse demo is live for Gold members. Yes it's just a demo, but it's the first time that Insomniac has ever released a multi-platform game and they are one of the best studios around. So I'm excited for it.

[quote name='Dieidiotscum']It's likely the Kinect sports gems. They're only 240 points full price with 50 point gamer score attached. I may pick up Darts vs Zombies if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

Ooooo good guess. I may pick up a few for the easy points. Even though I haven't really touched either copy of my KS games or the dlc.

darn, and I just renewed my sub for $2. I should have waited two weeks before re-upping. These deals are definitely not interesting to me. Hopefully others are into BF3 and that they have some other sales not related to the series!

Aaaand just like that we are back to terrible deals if the week. Sigh. Was hoping they would keep putting tons of content on sale but Battlefield next week means Bethesda/2K/Rockstar repeat sales aren't far behind. I already owned nearly everything they put on sale last month so it wasn't a great month either but at least it have me hope they would keep putting more on sale.

I highly recommend WWE All Stars. While it is not a sim like No Mercy or WWE 13, it captures the over the top, larger than life aspects of prowrestling better than any game I've seen. Just be warned match types are limited compared to most modern WWE games. Also the online, if still up, was mostly filled with rage quitters last time I played.

[quote name='ooga']Does Simpsons arcade support online co-op? I really wasn't going to pick it up, but I figure it may be fun in online multiplayer.[/QUOTE]Yes, it allows up to 4 player co-op online & offline.

[quote name='johnpap']I just missed the starwars pinball :(
I was expecting for it to go back to the normal price a bit later... oh well...[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, it went back up already? I was saving that as a last second decision as well. As I mentioned previously, I wanted it on North American PSN but that is literally the only platform it wasn't on sale for. Add to that Zen's somewhat cavalier response to disappointed PSN users ("I don't understand why people complain so much when we put our stuff on sale. Don't take offense, people. Wow.") and I guess I'm not too disappointed that I wasn't able to give them my $5.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']and so is joyride. I might pick it up then somewhere down the road.[/QUOTE]

Joyride is labeled as "Gold Exclusive" at the moment, so it's very possible it's not a price drop.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Joy-Ride-Turbo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841125e
[quote name='Chrono Gear']Aaaand just like that we are back to terrible deals if the week. Sigh. Was hoping they would keep putting tons of content on sale but Battlefield next week means Bethesda/2K/Rockstar repeat sales aren't far behind. I already owned nearly everything they put on sale last month so it wasn't a great month either but at least it have me hope they would keep putting more on sale.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, this week isn't really that crappy. Serious Sam 3 started out as a 1200 MSP game 6 months ago, and it's already down to 400 MSP. It's also a first-time deal on Serious Sam Double D XXL.

[quote name='Zonic505']Yes, it allows up to 4 player co-op online & offline.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Picked it up as well as X-men. Hopefully with the sale, the online community is active enough in the next couple of weeks to knock out the harder achievements in co-op.

I'm so glad I skipped the previous 800 point sales on Serious Sam 3 BFE. I just grabbed it now for 400. I looked at a few reviews for Jewel of the Nile but none of them said how many hours of gameplay you're likely to get on the 3 new levels. Does anyone know?

Or asked differently... how long would it take to play through all of Serious Sam 3 BFE vs. Jewel of the Nile? Considering both are the same price and Jewel of the Nile is almost certainly a lot shorter, I'm not sure if I should wait for a lower price on the DLC. I watched a couple gameplay videos of Double D XXL and I'll have to try the demo on those.

And what's this "Gems Sale" for 160?

I had recently been wondering both a) if we'd see a return of GH/DJ content discounts, and b) if anyone was playing Quake, so that's two well-timed surprises for me. Though I already have both the DJ Hero packs on sale and couldn't care less for a country pack.

Speaking of active online titles, I was surprised to find that folks are still playing Hybrid. Pretty fun game, that! Though I did see a lot of players over and over.

I'm pleased to see Serious Sam Double D XXL and Joy Ride Turbo marked down, so maybe I'll bite. Not sure about Home Run Stars. And as for the Gems... are those even worth picking up? I never really understood the achievement structuring for these at a whopping 50 GS apiece. This seems dumb as hell, but you're not earning achievements you'd otherwise earn in Kinect Sports, are you? Or are any/all these game types even available in Kinect Sports proper? I suppose I could try looking it up myself...

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I had recently been wondering both a) if we'd see a return of GH/DJ content discounts, and b) if anyone was playing Quake, so that's two well-timed surprises for me. Though I already have both the DJ Hero packs on sale and couldn't care less for a country pack.

Speaking of active online titles, I was surprised to find that folks are still playing Hybrid. Pretty fun game, that! Though I did see a lot of players over and over.

I'm pleased to see Serious Sam Double D XXL and Joy Ride Turbo marked down, so maybe I'll bite. Not sure about Home Run Stars. And as for the Gems... are those even worth picking up? I never really understood the achievement structuring for these at a whopping 50 GS apiece. This seems dumb as hell, but you're not earning achievements you'd otherwise earn in Kinect Sports, are you? Or are any/all these game types even available in Kinect Sports proper? I suppose I could try looking it up myself...[/QUOTE]

The gems are all definitely available in KS though some require DLC. I own KS1 and KS2 with all DLC purchased for 2, and all the "gems" are available in game to play..

As far as separate achievements, I'm not sure about that one, maybe someone else can shed some light.. Never purchased any of them as I already owned the DLC. Seems like a good deal for those that don't already own Kinect Sports, or if you do own KS2 but don't own any of the DLC.

Can anyone comment on HomeRun Stars? I'm a big baseball fan, but not sure how much I'd bother playing it..

Nothing for me, but IMHO ilomilo is a no brainer. Just put up a review of it actually, and loved it! If there isn't anything that interests you, it's worth at least a look:)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']you can't read man? Its serious sam stuff this week. Everything else is part of May's price drops.[/QUOTE]
I know it's not included in the dotw, but you have to be a Gold member to purchase it for 400msp, so I guess that only will last a week at said price.
[quote name='Ubichu']I'm so glad I skipped the previous 800 point sales on Serious Sam 3 BFE. I just grabbed it now for 400. I looked at a few reviews for Jewel of the Nile but none of them said how many hours of gameplay you're likely to get on the 3 new levels. Does anyone know?

Or asked differently... how long would it take to play through all of Serious Sam 3 BFE vs. Jewel of the Nile? Considering both are the same price and Jewel of the Nile is almost certainly a lot shorter, I'm not sure if I should wait for a lower price on the DLC. I watched a couple gameplay videos of Double D XXL and I'll have to try the demo on those.[/QUOTE]
Seems that the game it's 15 or 10 hours long, and the DLC about 2 hours. Anyways, I know that it usually takes me about a third more or even more of the time that webs say.

[quote name='naughtynuggetz']The gems are all definitely available in KS though some require DLC. I own KS1 and KS2 with all DLC purchased for 2, and all the "gems" are available in game to play..

As far as separate achievements, I'm not sure about that one, maybe someone else can shed some light.. Never purchased any of them as I already owned the DLC. Seems like a good deal for those that don't already own Kinect Sports, or if you do own KS2 but don't own any of the DLC.

Can anyone comment on HomeRun Stars? I'm a big baseball fan, but not sure how much I'd bother playing it..[/QUOTE]

I liked it. I think it's worth $4. I had a good time hitting homeruns, although I wasn't great at it and only beat like 6 of the 9 levels.

Kinect tracking worked okay for me. But it didn't pick up my stance 100% of the time, which results in an errant or missed swing, which really pisses you off when you're close to beating the score you need.

The demo will tell you everything you need to know about the game.

Looks like I'm in for Serious Sam Double D XXL. I remember feeling mixed with the demo when I tried it when the game came out, but I'm a sucker for anything Serious Sam related.

On a side note, I finally bought Left 4 Dead 1's sacrifice DLC. Found a group of people to play it with online so decided to splurge after it never going on sale. Which means it'll go on sale sometime in the next couple weeks.

Plus, with that surprisingly never happening to me yet (that I recall), it also means I'm due for something I buy to go on sale right after. ;)

[quote name='Trez123']I highly recommend WWE All Stars. While it is not a sim like No Mercy or WWE 13, it captures the over the top, larger than life aspects of prowrestling better than any game I've seen. Just be warned match types are limited compared to most modern WWE games. Also the online, if still up, was mostly filled with rage quitters last time I played.[/QUOTE]
WWE All Stars is a blast to play especially playing with friends its really fun and crazy with over the top action. The online servers are down and unless 2K sports wants to pay to put them up they will remain offline. You can still enjoy it single player and even playing some couch versus with friends.

Every two weeks I come to this page hoping to read that Mass Effect 3 DLC is going on sale, and every two weeks I feel totally let down.

Now we're back to these weekly "sales" feeling more like unwanted leftovers from a trashy garage sale than that stretch where there were genuinely fascinating titles at great prices. Meh.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Oh wow, it went back up already? I was saving that as a last second decision as well. As I mentioned previously, I wanted it on North American PSN but that is literally the only platform it wasn't on sale for. Add to that Zen's somewhat cavalier response to disappointed PSN users ("I don't understand why people complain so much when we put our stuff on sale. Don't take offense, people. Wow.") and I guess I'm not too disappointed that I wasn't able to give them my $5.[/QUOTE]

What a crappy response from that Zen guy...
Anyway, never mind I'm gonna get it on Steam for much cheaper when it'll be on sale lol
http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=3302

Appart from that, I skipped SOTN once again, because I have played the Dreamcast Saturn & PS1 versions and fankly if I ever want to replay it, I'd rather do it from an emulator with all the cutscenes and uncompressed sound. (Woot no achievements??? I don't care!)

[quote name='tylerh1701']I liked it. I think it's worth $4. I had a good time hitting homeruns, although I wasn't great at it and only beat like 6 of the 9 levels.

Kinect tracking worked okay for me. But it didn't pick up my stance 100% of the time, which results in an errant or missed swing, which really pisses you off when you're close to beating the score you need.

The demo will tell you everything you need to know about the game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I got the demo downloading now. I'm sure I'll likely grab it for 320, as I'm a big sucker for baseball..

[quote name='johnpap']
Appart from that, I skipped SOTN once again, because I have played the Dreamcast & PS1 versions and fankly if I ever want to replay it,[/QUOTE]

Wait...what??

[quote name='ooga']Wait...what??[/QUOTE]

My bad, Saturn :lol:
I blame the beer!!!!!! lolz

[quote name='Thrinn']Perhaps he meant the Saturn version?[/QUOTE]
Indeed :D

[quote name='naughtynuggetz']Thanks for the input. I got the demo downloading now. I'm sure I'll likely grab it for 320, as I'm a big sucker for baseball..[/QUOTE]

That's why I bought it originally. Nothing more fun than hittin' dingers!

I don't get why people call it rage quitting if you concede mid match. If you can't win and it's a waste of time to continue, there's no sense in wasting time.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm updating the OP.

All done![/QUOTE]

The Next week BF3 sale has a price error on BF3 premium it should be 2600 ms points or something not 600

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back